PDA

View Full Version : Rayquaza & Ho-oh

Coronis
21st August 2003, 06:38 AM
I was wondering the other day how the anime producers never really placed Ho-oh in any real storyline and whether or not they're saving this phoenix bird for a combined story with one of the new R/S legendaries. Rayquaza came to mind immediately as in the east, the dragon and the phoenix are always paired up. I wonder if they'd make a movie about the connection between Rayquaza and Ho-oh.

Mixing old and new legends has happened before, like the legendary bird trio and Lugia. So is it possible for this dragon-phoenix collaboration to happen? Afterall Rayquaza lives high up in the ozone and Ho-oh continuously soars across the sky. Mostly, I think a movie with an expected storyline like Ho-oh VS Lugia or Rayquaza VS Groudon, Kyogre would be too predictable. Making weird combinations could stir up legends that the game itself doesn't contain.

DannyBoy
21st August 2003, 06:51 AM
Well that is a good idea with them being in a movie together but I dont think they would do a pokemon vs pokemon. They already did that wityh Mew vs Mewtwo, then Moltres vs Articuno vs Zapdos vs Lugia. It would be weird for another one of them plus lately theres all vs movies coming out Freddy vs Jason and then later next year Batman vs Superman if they ever find people instead of makin rumors. I dont think thous two have any connections though but Ho oH might have a bigger plot line with Ecruteak City still or someone said before with Ash.

Dragon_Claw
21st August 2003, 04:42 PM
No he's got a point. In Digimon I heard north, east, south and west have their own creature. 2 of them where the phoenix and a dragon. I just can't remember the other 2

Orion
21st August 2003, 05:44 PM
The other 2 were the Tiger and the Turtle.I'm not sure,but I've seen that Legend in a lot of things several times.I actually like it,but I really hope Pokémon doesn't goes with it...it's been used too much.

Anyway,if it serves as a hint,the concepts using this legend have always got the Dragon and the Phoenix in an epic fight.Not for power,mostly for disagreement...

Anyway,I really hope Rayquaza is more featured than Ho-Oh...he's not one of my fave Legends,but he earns to be there,because he earns it.Aside,the games don't talk too much about him,and he seems to be very important...

Ho-Oh involves something that makes me think he'll appear at the very end,or almost.As Morty says,Ho-Oh won't return until the day Pokémon and humans live peacefully together...wonder why he appears to Ash?He's one of the very few Trainers on the show that treats his Pokémon with an amazing love,trust and care!Ho-Oh must be impressed in the form Ash conducts his Pokémon...ohh well,we'll see at the end,and it'll be long before it!(Or in the last Movie...)

greatfire
22nd August 2003, 08:40 PM
The Japanese myth of the four animals that protect the country (based on a similar Chinese myth) is very well know in Japan and has been used in so many mangas and animes (Fushigi Yuugi, Digimon and the Revenge Arc of Rurouni Kenshin being the most famous) that is also know in the rest of the world.
It could be used for a Rayquaza vs Ho-oh movie if not for the fact that the Phoenix guard the South and the Dragon guard the East while Johto is on the south and Hoenn is on the southwest of Japan.

SuperSonic
23rd August 2003, 11:03 AM
Yes that is a good idea. But I sorta feel that Rayquaza fits in with the Groudon/Kyogre storyline. Here we have the two opposite pokemon feuding. Land and ocean, fire and water, magma and aqua, yin and yang. And then here you have this vicious mysticl flying dragon pokemon that has the ability to cause peace and stability. He has the ability to cancel out all the feuding. Hmmmmm reminds me of a pokemon episode that I saw.... (the legend of pokemopolis if you didn't remember the eppy) I'd assume that would be the 7th movie, atleast the kyogre/groudon part of it. This would also be a good storyline for the third game. If they ever announce it. Who knows, there's always that great game that nintendo announced for gba, but they didn't give the title. IGN seems to think all signs point to pokemon. But I guess we'll have to wait.

I dont really see the connection Ho-oh and Rayquaza could have. They're very far apart. Not that that's a problem for them. Ho-oh is more of a Johto legend, and has deep connection to ecruteak culture. From what i got from the game Rayquaza just sorta flies high up in the atmosphere of hoenn. The movie would have to create another legend to go along with it. Who knows maybe a third game could aid that idea.

Well there's no definite way to tell other than patience. Everyone's entitled to do a little wishful thinking.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:04 PM
Well, supersonic has a point, but still. I mean, that storyline has been done so many times. I mean, it was the basis for the first movie and the second movie, and also a bunch of Pokemon episodes. Based on how well the sixth movie did in Japan, I'm sure the seventh will be some kind of exotic movie.

Dragon_Claw
25th August 2003, 12:07 PM
I dont really see the connection Ho-oh and Rayquaza could have. They're very far apart. Not that that's a problem for them. Ho-oh is more of a Johto legend, and has deep connection to ecruteak culture. From what i got from the game Rayquaza just sorta flies high up in the atmosphere of hoenn. The movie would have to create another legend to go along with it. Who knows maybe a third game could aid that idea.

a game never aid the idea of Lugia and the 3 elemtal birds

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
a game never aid the idea of Lugia and the 3 elemtal birds

A game never did, but the second movie sure did. I think that's what he meant by that comment.

Dragon_Claw
25th August 2003, 01:54 PM
I meant: there doesn't has to be a game to come up with a movie idea

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
I meant: there doesn't has to be a game to come up with a movie idea

Oh, then you are right. The anime is not entirely based off of the game, the anime has thought up of some differences, Yellow was based on the anime.