PDA

View Full Version : Who has shinies?

Pages : 1 [2]

Primworm
28th September 2003, 07:21 PM
i finially got some free time on my hands to post! i havent found much. Accept, and this makes me really angry, i saw a shiny trapinch in the Battle Tower! *sobs* i wanted it!

MatthewKetchum037
28th September 2003, 10:04 PM
Say what? Opponents have shinies? Skitty will go nuts.

rinku
30th September 2003, 06:18 AM
Woo Hoo! finally found & caught my first shiny ever!

A dark coloured Zubat on Victory Rd; he's Mild mannered and looks pretty neat. Breeding program ahoy!

Now that I've got the obfanboy shout/boast out of the way:

Shinies in Battle Tower? Makes sense, since their stats would be random just like wild ones.

Pokerus - I caught it long before I saw my first shiny - but that's randomness for you. Fortunately it's tradeable and easy to nurture. Make sure you infect all of your party (it seems to only spread to adjacent pokémon in the list) and store some of the infected ones. Infected pokémon in the party will eventually recover, though you'll see a little dot on their info screens to indicate they've had it. But infected pokémon in the box stay infected. It doesn't spread in the box.

Silent Dragonfly
30th September 2003, 10:27 AM
Congrats on getting a shiny Zubat. However if you're thinking of breeding to get more shineys think again. The chance getting a shiny isn't increased now. That only happened in GSC. Shineyness depends on Gender Value now insteads of IVs

MatthewKetchum037
30th September 2003, 03:37 PM
Congrats on Zubat rinku- now you and Primworm have something in common, Crobats!

Skitty_Pelliper
30th September 2003, 08:20 PM
O.K.,you can have a shiney Articuno,Rayqaza,and a Mewtwo(And all the other legenderies in shiney form)(And come and brag about it in front of me!) for all I care!(Compared to a shiney Trapinch)
But for shiney Trapinch,(I WANT A SHINEY TRAPINCH!!!!)I'd be better off not knowing.And MatthewKetchum037,of course I will go nuts.(For a shiney Trapinch)*Goes nuts*

Gnight
1st October 2003, 05:04 AM
i've caught a shiny tentacool with 75 hours of play time @ route 124

Number1ChanseyFan
1st October 2003, 11:45 AM
After 280+ hours, I finally found my first shiny last night!! I found a shiny Linoone, her stripes are orange instead of the regular brown, and her eyes look kinda reddish colored!! I am so happy that I finally got a shiny!! I was starting to think that they didn't exist on my game!! :)

MatthewKetchum037
1st October 2003, 03:32 PM
Shinies exist on every game, it just takes forever and a lot of luck to find one. Congrats on Linoone.

beckachu
1st October 2003, 03:55 PM
I just caught a Shiny Golbat 5 minutes ago :D
I'm on 156:38, and was in the Sky Tower.

Primworm
1st October 2003, 05:16 PM
I want a Shiny Staru. Too bad i dont know where to fish for hours on end ^_^

MatthewKetchum037
5th October 2003, 01:05 PM
Who's trying to kill the thread? You gotta post people or the thread dies!

Becachu, nice going. It seems alot of people have shiny Zubats and their evolutions.

Primworm- Staryu's are only in the waters of Lilycove City. Use Super Rod. So do you still have only 1 shiny Mr. 50 shinies?

Skitty_Pelliper
5th October 2003, 01:07 PM
No! I don't want this thread to die!:(

MatthewKetchum037
5th October 2003, 01:12 PM
I don't want the thread to die, but please have relevant posts people, Skitty. I've told you about relevant posts.

beckachu
5th October 2003, 02:28 PM
I also have a shiny Kadabra (from a shiny Abra) on Crystal, and I did once find a shiny Tangela but I had no box space left :(

Sir Gluggo
5th October 2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that's what I like about Ruby & Sapphire, when you fill a box it auto-switches. So no more Shiney Tangela's will run free. :)

AndyPants
5th October 2003, 08:06 PM
my pokedex is at 154 right now, mostly because i need to level up all the pokemon i have. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in grass levelling my pokemon up now.

if there's any shiny i will get it will probably be http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_shiny/361.png or http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/sprites/rs_pokemon_shiny/288.png cause those 2 are the only pokemon i usually see where i level up.

Primworm
6th October 2003, 06:38 AM
i would have kept the thread alive but i couldnt post. Darn double post rule. Ok thanks for telling me where they are.*runs off*

MatthewKetchum037
6th October 2003, 01:16 PM
My pokedex is at 160. That's my goal right now- to get all 200. Let us know if you get them andy.

Beckachu- That sucks about Tangela. That's one thing I hated about R/B/Y.

Silent Dragonfly
6th October 2003, 03:06 PM
You're all waaay behind me. I already got 200 on my pokedex.

Sir Gluggo
6th October 2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah, me too. There should be something more than a certificate. I was expecting some weird Jirachi Space Center thing. *searches Mossdeep*

beckachu
7th October 2003, 12:35 PM
I found a wild shiny Hariyama last night, and I lost it (it used whirlwind T.T). That's two I've found on Ruby in less than a week :confused:

MatthewKetchum037
7th October 2003, 02:11 PM
Hariyama's are annoying to catch. Especially wild ones in Victory Road.

Silent Dragonfly
7th October 2003, 02:57 PM
Well, I didnt expect anything more than a certificate, I never got anything else when I completed my Blue and Gold Pokedexs.

MatthewKetchum037
8th October 2003, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not surprised.

AndyPants
8th October 2003, 06:30 PM
158 now, i have Registeel and i'm working on Regice

Skitty_Pelliper
8th October 2003, 07:42 PM
I have all 3 regis.

HedgeCat
8th October 2003, 08:56 PM
My friend say a shiny Rayquazza twice.

Silent Dragonfly
9th October 2003, 02:03 AM
The regis are difficult, they take a while. Luckily i caught all thress in only 20 ultra balls in total.

Saw shiny Rayquaza twice? Talk about lucky!

Gnight
9th October 2003, 10:38 AM
now, who else is lucky enough to have a shiny ledgendary??:o

MatthewKetchum037
9th October 2003, 01:41 PM
Without a gameshark, not many.

Gnight
9th October 2003, 03:21 PM
i cant belive people would shark up shiny pokemon. tsk, tsk:rolleyes:

MatthewKetchum037
11th October 2003, 04:41 PM
Alot of people don't have the patience to go for a shiny ledgendary. It's probably harder to get a shiny legendary than to beat the battle tower.

Vex 47
11th October 2003, 05:41 PM
I caught a shiny Numel on Route 112 during my 20th hour of play time.

Happy Hoppip
11th October 2003, 09:12 PM
I want a shiny flygon !!! well , I cout a shiny Duskull , in its red glory , and a friend of mine acsadentlly traded me a shiny whismer dor the pre-evo of flogon *not shiny* .and , My brother (megamewtwo ) played 400+ hours and hasent even bumped into one !

AndyPants
12th October 2003, 11:07 AM
i'm trying to get my Ninjask some Attack EV's so i hopefully will find a shiny pokemon

MatthewKetchum037
12th October 2003, 12:42 PM
Vex 47- Nice.

Happy Hoppip- You should talk to Skitty_Pelliper. He is desperate for a shiny trapinch (Pre-Flygon).

AndyPants- I just saw a guy trying to catch a Nincada, and he finds a shiny zigzagoon. Weird huh?

LightNinetales
12th October 2003, 02:22 PM
When I got my tentacool,I was trying to find the Abandoned Ship....And I found a shiny tentacool....And i caught it!^______^

Vex-A fire pokemon!Whee!You're lucky....

Primworm
12th October 2003, 05:39 PM
wait a minute, is vulpex on Ruby only?!?! man, i need a good fire pokemon. Blaziken just doesnt cut it. PS. I saw a second shiny zubat, but i had mine out at front, i was looking at the (i think its the same) "You Ran away!" or whatever screen when i saw.

Poryhedron
12th October 2003, 07:07 PM
No, Vulpix isn't Ruby-only. It's just rare as all heck. They can only be found on the slopes of Mt. Pyre, and they're not the most common find there.

AndyPants
12th October 2003, 08:50 PM
heh, i found a vulpix pretty early, chimeco was the one that took me ages though. i wonder if anyone has ever gotten a shiny one of those.

Nequam Goth
13th October 2003, 10:38 AM
Wen hunting for my male nincade (for breeding) I ran into a shiny zigzagoon level 6
Anybody know some good movesets? (I plan to keep it zig unless the stat change is realy worth evolving)

Nequam Goth
13th October 2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
Vex 47- Nice.

Happy Hoppip- You should talk to Skitty_Pelliper. He is desperate for a shiny trapinch (Pre-Flygon).

AndyPants- I just saw a guy trying to catch a Nincada, and he finds a shiny zigzagoon. Weird huh?

Im a girl!! >_<

LightNinetales
13th October 2003, 01:46 PM
AndyPants:A shiny Vulpix?Waaaaaaaaaaah!I WANT A SHINY NINETALES!Why are you so lucky?

MatthewKetchum037
13th October 2003, 02:10 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW DARE SOMEONE GETS A SHINY VULPIX BEFORE ME!!!!! DEATH TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I'm done, nice job though AndyPants.

Nequam Goth- Sorry.

LightNinetales- You and me are in the same boat. I want the ghost(shiny) ninetales, as I call it.

Poryhedron- You're right. Vulpix's are in both versions on the side of the mountain. Chimecho's are only found at the summit of Mt. Pyre. where you get the orbs.

Primworm- The next shiny you see is the one you already have? That's funny. And you didn't even catch it? I thought you wanted 50 shinies.

I think that's everyone.

Primworm
13th October 2003, 03:44 PM
well i ment 50 diffrent. like no 2 zubats the only reason for the same would be an oddish or something.

AndyPants
14th October 2003, 06:20 PM
heh, i never got a shiny vulpix. i'm just saying that vulpix itself didn't seem too tough to catch. my bad

MatthewKetchum037
17th October 2003, 01:54 PM
In that case, sorry for the rant.

AndyPants
17th October 2003, 11:02 PM
heh no problem. Any new shiny stories?

-xDigitalAngelx-
18th October 2003, 03:40 AM
i have a shiny tentacool :D i was wondering if anybody knows if it will still be shiny when i evolve it?

Courage
18th October 2003, 03:54 AM
*YAY! 300th Post!*
I am trying my luck for a shiny Raquaza! I'll tell you if I got it!

Gligar_Man
18th October 2003, 03:55 AM
there is entirely too much spamming in this topic... im going to let alot of you off without giving you a warning, even though many have spammed in this topic... instead i will just close it...