PDA

View Full Version : Who has shinies?

Pages : [1] 2

MatthewKetchum037
21st August 2003, 02:13 PM
Okay, I've been playing Ruby for awhile and captured two shinies: a black and yellow Roselia, and a gray Hariyama. How about everyone else?

andyizcool
21st August 2003, 02:18 PM
I have no shinies on Sapphire and I've played for 150 hours how long have you played for and how did you find those shinies?

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
21st August 2003, 02:21 PM
I found Roselia on Route 117 and Hariyama on Victory Road. I've played for about 48 hours.

`Breloom
21st August 2003, 02:29 PM
You are horribly lucky ^^. Shiny's are random, 1 chance / 8500 to find one, there is no specific place to find one.

I played 110h and got 0 Shinys (playd most of the time on the league, so ... can't find shiny's there lolz :p But I hope finding one when I'm battling pkmn's for my EV's, that would be great.)

andyizcool
21st August 2003, 02:29 PM
You must be really lucky I want a shiny any shiny just because they're rare and you can show them to your friends.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
21st August 2003, 02:31 PM
Well thank you. And you guys are right, it is all luck.

Agent Elrond
21st August 2003, 04:04 PM
I've played Sapphire for almost 100 hours and have a colored Beautifly, although it used to be a Silcoon. The problem for me is that I always catch shinies of pokemon I don't like. Like in Gold I cought a shiny Zubat. Bleck. Oh well, but they're cool. 8)

Of course, what I REALLY want is a shiny Rayquaza. Now THAT would be nice. :D

Warahyuu
21st August 2003, 04:56 PM
I have a Shiny Feebas and Shiny Flygon (Caught as a Trapinch). I saw a shiny ralts once but I accidentally killed it with my sceptile. I ment to use false swipe but I clicked on leaf blade :(

Charmander4
21st August 2003, 05:27 PM
50 hours
shiny oddish
Safari zone

need I say more?

Saturos
21st August 2003, 05:39 PM
Shiny Milotic
Shiny Linoone
Shiny Exploud

And I lost 6 more shinies because I agreed a Gym Battle (Earth Gym) to my friend. He had Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. I was NO match for him, so I handed over some shinies. But get this; the shinies were Rattata, Linoone, Feebas (I maxed it out with Red Pokeblocks before the trade!!!), Taillow, Sandshrew, and Oddish.

Saturos
21st August 2003, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah, the little sucker, Josh, who beat me, was 10 and I am 16. That makes it more clear.

~Saturos

Latios Latias O
21st August 2003, 07:00 PM
Well I just got back from vacation... O I restarted my game like a hundred times before I got my shiny Rayquaza... I love him... Sorry didn't mean to brag...

Mikey
21st August 2003, 08:00 PM
Only shiny I have is a Zigzagoon at 100 hours of game play.

EmpressMyuu
21st August 2003, 10:02 PM
Even if it's a Pokémon that I don't necessarily care for, I'm obliged to catch any shiny I find. I had a shiny Loudred (used to be a shiny Whismur) on Sapphire, but I decided to restart my game and forgot that it was on there :(...But on Ruby, I caught a shiny Sandshrew...which is now an awesome shiny Sandslash. It looks like a killing machine. Its spikes are BLOOD RED!!! :D :D :D

Andrew
21st August 2003, 11:27 PM
Oh yet another Shinies Thread. *Yawn*

I have none. I'll leave this open but any others after this I'm closing because we've had far too many.

Cuno03
22nd August 2003, 02:06 AM
Found a shiny Oddish in Safari Zone w/80 hours. Bleh, but at least it's somethin.

Silent Dragonfly
22nd August 2003, 08:43 AM
263 hours and no shiny on Ruby.
I once went on a 40 hour hunt in the desert for a shiny but with no result, but I got a lot of items from the 5 linoones I had with me. I'll probably continue that hunt in the desert soon. I really want a shiny Vibrava.

Ash W
22nd August 2003, 09:23 AM
Got none >_<M

Sir Gluggo
22nd August 2003, 09:49 AM
Shiney Oddishes in the Safari Zone seem to be the most common shiney...I had one in my old Ruby game, after 100+ hours, but sadly enough, my friend Bellossom, nicknamed Shino was left behind when my game was deleted, as I had no Link Cable at the time. :(

Tallest_Los
22nd August 2003, 10:22 AM
My shinies: Makuhita, Zangoose, and Spinda. Shiny Zangoose is very pretty. What I really want is a shiny Linoone, though. I <3 Linoone. But any shiny is cool, really. I have an odd facination for them.

CheapTaktics101
22nd August 2003, 10:26 AM
100 + hours and no shinies meh i did however get to mirage island :O

Knux
22nd August 2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Warahyuu
I have a ... Shiny Flygon

I hate you. And by that I mean... well, yes. I hate you. I want a shiny Flygon. I have no shinies yet, but I want a shiny Absol. And Flygon.

I hate you, Warahyuu.

andyizcool
22nd August 2003, 11:17 AM
I want a Shiny Silver Metagross he looks better than the Normal Blue Metagross. I'll keep reseting on my new Ruby game I know the odds are 1/8500 but it's worth a try when I have the time.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
22nd August 2003, 01:55 PM
You want Meagross andy, but I would kill for a shiny Vulpix. Anyone ever come across one, in any version?

SuperSonic
22nd August 2003, 02:59 PM
I've played for 170 hours. I have no shiny pokemon. I've never been to mirage island, and I've been checking. I encountered a shiny aron once. I used a mudslap on it........ who knew metal AND rock was weak against ground. Oy. You guys are lucky. What's your secret. 4 leaf clovers? Rabbit feet? Horse Shoes? Leprechauns?

EngiMatikul
22nd August 2003, 03:34 PM
I have 2 Shinies with about 120 hours of play... unfortunately, they're two I don't really want to use... Bleeeeh... Anyway, I have a Shiny Machoke (was a Machop) and a shiny Dusclops (was a Duskull)... Red looks cool on the Duskull, but dumb on the Dusclops...

Sal2 has a shiny Vulpix. :/ Well now its a Ninetales.

EDIT: I would REALLY want a shiny Surskit...

Agent Elrond
22nd August 2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SuperSonic
I've played for 170 hours. I have no shiny pokemon. I've never been to mirage island, and I've been checking. I encountered a shiny aron once. I used a mudslap on it........ who knew metal AND rock was weak against ground. Oy. You guys are lucky. What's your secret. 4 leaf clovers? Rabbit feet? Horse Shoes? Leprechauns?

Lots and lots of time spent leveling up pokemon, wandering around in the grass, etc.

Latios Latias O, Give---me--your---Rayquaza!

But on second thought, maybe I'd prefer a shiny Lunatone...:confused:

MatthewKetchum037
22nd August 2003, 08:57 PM
Here's a new question. Some of you have said you have tried to breed a shiny pokemon. Has anyone had any success???

have a stammer
22nd August 2003, 09:06 PM
i have a shiny spinda. and that's it. I REALLY want a shiny aron-Aggron they look way better with red eyes and the tint of green armor

MatthewKetchum037
22nd August 2003, 09:16 PM
Aron-Aggron's are very cool. You should feel lucky.

Ryantheman
23rd August 2003, 01:27 PM
i found a pink wobby in the safari zone. it ran away! *cries*

ralts_mudkip
23rd August 2003, 04:35 PM
I have been playing for 120 hours, and in this month, I have cought(listed in order caught) a shiny Wismur, a shiny Koffing, and a shiny Nuzleaf.(i have not caught any others of course) Oh lucky me. :o

andyizcool
23rd August 2003, 04:41 PM
I've played 160 hours and no shinies do you guys look for random Pokemon or when you're walking in the main story of the game like for a Gym Badge do you run into one?

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
23rd August 2003, 06:47 PM
I'm not really looking for them, they come up when I least expect it. Okay, I'm on Route 117, and I'm training up for my third gym battle. A pokemon comes up, I look away for a second, then I look back and about to knock out the pokemon, I realize the the Roselia is black! My stategy completely changes, and I waste no time. I use one of the ultra balls that Linoone picked up and catch it. I promptly name the Roselia Black Rose.

AndyPants
23rd August 2003, 08:07 PM
i cannot seem to find shiny pokemon on either Ruby or Sapphire. I'm going to keep looking, because i would really like to find one.

I've heard many different ratios for finding them from different sites. is it 1/256?

Synthetic
23rd August 2003, 08:15 PM
I saw a shiny Phanpy once in the Safari Zone. Lucky me, I ran out of Safari Balls attempting to catch it because it was at the end of my trip. *moans*

What's odd is I also saw a shiny Ludicolo in the Battle Tower...weird.

andyizcool
24th August 2003, 09:34 AM
I think the odds are 1/8500 and you can see shinies in the Battle Tower because that's like finding a random Pokemon the only problem is you can't catch them. I really want a Shiny maybe I should look in the Desert and beat my friend to a Shiny Sandshrew or Shiny Trapinch.

~Andrew

Jamesology101
24th August 2003, 10:44 AM
I have three shinies: a shiny Spinda, a shiny Golbat, and my most recent addition, a shiny Linoon evolved from a Zigzagoon caught outside Lilycove.

Some day I plan to go hunt for a shiny Seviper. Shouldn't be too hard, since they're quite common.

Misdreavus
24th August 2003, 12:20 PM
Around 400 hours... no shinies whatsoever. Kinda sad.

andyizcool
24th August 2003, 01:13 PM
Must be luck if some people have 3 shinies in 100 hours and some people have no shinies in 400 hours. Still 1/8500 I think the odds are I think everyone should find a shiny sometime in Ruby or Sapphire.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
24th August 2003, 01:34 PM
Like I said before Andy, it's all luck.

MatthewKetchum037
25th August 2003, 04:20 PM
The thing about catching shinies is that they appear when you least expect it. That's what happened with my Roselia and Hariyama.

Carbonite4
25th August 2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
The thing about catching shinies is that they appear when you least expect it. That's what happened with my Roselia and Hariyama.

While that's not exactly a "tip," it is certainly true. I have yet to find a shiny on either Ruby or Sapphire. On Gold, I found a shiny Nidorino (which I almost ran away from because it was blue, like a Nidorina) and a shiny Seaking.

screwup990
25th August 2003, 05:59 PM
You want Meagross andy, but I would kill for a shiny Vulpix. Anyone ever come across one, in any version?

i have a shiny vulpix in my ruby i also have a shiny treecko in my sapphire.

AndyPants
25th August 2003, 08:52 PM
1/8500 seems kind of odd. it's probably a number around 4096(an exponent of 2) or something, due to the way code works.

either way, they still haven't ever appeared on my game

Sputtel
26th August 2003, 03:09 PM
The Odd is 1:8192
Maybe he has forgotten we exact number.

I can't forgett that number, becouse I am trying to get a shiny Beldum. Tried it 3520 Times, but nothing.

_________
I am german, so forgive my bad english.

NUCLEAR_RABBIT
26th August 2003, 04:08 PM
I have a shinie spinda =) in well 60 hours of playing the game

MatthewKetchum037
26th August 2003, 05:12 PM
I'm jealous!!! You have a shiny Vulpix!!! I want one so bad!!!

Latios Latias O
26th August 2003, 06:29 PM
OMG I think I have the best luck ever... N Im not trying to brag... Or anything... But I left my Camerupt and Female Torchic to have a baby... (I can't imagine those two mating but...) and they had an egg and when it hatched guess what it was... A Shiny Male Torchic with the Hardy Nature!!!!!! I was so happy... and then I beat the Elite Four and on my way to Petalburg... Guess what I run into!!!!!!!!!! Shiny Ralt!!!!!!!!! Female!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it... I caught it and now Im gonna train them... Im so happy...

BlazikenKevin
26th August 2003, 08:02 PM
I have a shiny Wingull. I wonder how it would look like as a Pelipper. That's about all I have. But, Shiny Blaziken looks ghey. I like normal better. But, come to think of it, most of the Shinies in R/S look dumb. So, I'm happy.

Primworm
26th August 2003, 09:37 PM
i caught a black zubat at 34:45. I was looking for the bagon room at metor falls. I looked at the TV for a second, i look back, because i heard a wierd sound. Found out it was a black zubat. I Plan on raising it into a crobat(i shoulda used lux ball)

andyizcool
27th August 2003, 06:20 AM
Some people are so lucky just to have one shiny when I have none and I really want one. Also imagion if someone found a Shiny Poochyena when you have to save the Prof. at the start of the game because you have no Pokeballs.

~Andrew

Primworm
27th August 2003, 08:26 AM
When looking at the Gamefaqs boards, that has happened.Oh and last night when i was playing, i ran away from a shiny lunatone! i noticed after i ran.:mad:

Edit: Maybe you Should sticky it with a new name, Like the name Shiny Pokemon Topic.

andyizcool
27th August 2003, 11:27 AM
This thought has been running through my head I looked at some shiny images of Pokemon and saw that shiny lunatone has a blue eye not a red one. Now I'm pretty sure I've seen one of them and ran from it now I'm not sure what to do look for more shinies or what.

~Andrew

mewtworocks
27th August 2003, 04:43 PM
havn't seen any shineys at 180 hours................#
at least i think i haven't might have done and just not relized:(

MatthewKetchum037
27th August 2003, 05:09 PM
Sometimes you have to to very closely at the pokemon to realize it's a shiny one.

AndyPants
27th August 2003, 06:12 PM
i still cant find one

Sir Gluggo
27th August 2003, 08:19 PM
I was playing my Ruby today, trying to complete my pokedex, and I realized that I didn't have a Torchic. So, I asked my sister to get me one. She quickly deposited her Blaziken and Zigzagoon into the daycare and traded me the egg. When it hatched, I noticed that there was something weird about the colors. So, now I have a shiny Torchic! :)

Latios Latias O
27th August 2003, 10:48 PM
Me too!! And a Shiny Female Gardevoir... Yay!

andyizcool
28th August 2003, 12:56 PM
Do you think breeding gives better chances of shinies than looking in the wild because I really want at least one shiny?

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
28th August 2003, 01:51 PM
So you can breed shinies. This calls for some research.

andyizcool
28th August 2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah maybe it's better if the Male if Shiny because then he can breed with any Female in his breeding group. I think there is a better chance of a Shiny Baby if the parent is Shiny than finding one in the wild.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
28th August 2003, 04:14 PM
I'll have to do this experiment soon. Because I want a shiny Vulpix!

andyizcool
28th August 2003, 04:32 PM
Do you have a Shiny Male to breed? If not even if both parents are non shiny I believe they is a better chance of the baby being shiny than in the wild. Can someone give us all the odds please?

~Andrew

Primworm
29th August 2003, 11:07 AM
I heard if one of the parents is shiny, the chance is 1/64. but of neither of the parents are shiny(this is just what io think) it would be 1/128. Doubles the odds.

andyizcool
29th August 2003, 11:26 AM
Are you sure about those odds because they sound pretty good because I really want a shiny?

~Andrew

Primworm
29th August 2003, 11:36 AM
well i read it on these boards and gamefaqs. the part about the no shiny was my idea becasue theres not a shiny. the odds of catching one is like 1/3800 or something. after i get a crobat im going to get a female one(or was it male i needed) i will test.

MatthewKetchum037
29th August 2003, 01:57 PM
Are you sure the male has to be shiny, because my Roselia is female, but I'm liking these odds a whole lot more.

MatthewKetchum037
29th August 2003, 09:52 PM
I've experimented with my Roselia, and so far, nada. I'm 0 for 15 for breeding. This is frustrating.

AndyPants
29th August 2003, 10:24 PM
i think a shiny Staryu/Starmie or a shiny Zangoose would be neat looking

Avian Freeze
29th August 2003, 10:24 PM
Actually the chances for a shiny is the same whether the parents are shiny or not. Having either parent be a shiny doesn't matter, it still leaves the same chance. In GSC, the shiny gene is determined on the Special and Defense DV, but in this, any Pok&eacute;mon with any stats can be shiny. I'm not sure what the odds of finding or getting a shiny is, but I think it's somewhere around 1/8000 or something, maybe more *shrugs*. Having 15 Roselia and none of them being shiny isn't that big a deal :\. I've bred my Pok&eacute;mon multiple times, usually until they have 20-30 children, (yes I have no life :p) since that's around when they get good IVs, a decent nature, trait, etc. And I haven't received a shiny yet. You have to look hard to find them, but it's a lot easier if you let them find you than if you try to find them :\.

AndyPants
29th August 2003, 10:37 PM
exactly, even if the rate was 1/8192, i could look and look and encounter 10,000+ pokemon and not see one. i'm just being passive about this

MatthewKetchum037
30th August 2003, 05:33 PM
Well it was worth a shot.

grandyc1
1st September 2003, 10:09 AM
my shinys
Ruby: Blaziken, Latias, Latios, Kyogre (was origanilly in Sapphire), Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi (Friend traded it to me), Deoxys(Friend traded it to me), Mewtwo (Friend traded it to me), Lugia (Friend traded it to me), Mew, (Friend traded it to me), Zigzagoon

andyizcool
1st September 2003, 02:11 PM
Why are your shinies on most games all legendaries? Also getting that many shinies seems impossible when I've played hours and found none and you have all the legendaries shiny.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
1st September 2003, 02:20 PM
Don't waste your time with him and his shinies. He uses GameShark. This thread is only for people who catch shinies the natural way. With hard work.

However, speaking of legendary shinies, has anyone ever seen one without use of a GameShark? I want the Golden Groudon.

grandyc1
1st September 2003, 02:54 PM
my gameshark is glitched it doesnt work anymore and theyre isnt a known working code that makes shinys so go **** a moose you ****en trisexual

grandyc1
1st September 2003, 02:56 PM
andy i spent 2 weeks on rayquaza and 1 week each on groudon and kyogre and 1 week on a shiny female torchic which i bred for the male version and then i traded my origanal to a friend

MatthewKetchum037
1st September 2003, 02:58 PM
Sure you did. That's why your last thread was providing a cheat service.

grandyc1
1st September 2003, 03:19 PM
the gsa code wre actually gsa v.3 you man-whore and i have gsa v 1.2

andyizcool
1st September 2003, 03:20 PM
I believe you could try for a Shiny Starter and maybe ONE Shiny Legendary because those things are so hard to get Shiny. As for me I'll try for a Shiny Beldum and tell everyone if I get one.

~Andrew

Primworm
1st September 2003, 04:54 PM
Im back from vacation, and geez, whatsw with yhe two ppl flaming each other. but I personally think u sharked the shineys.Does anyone know the odds of seeing a shiny lat@s? I know those are WAY higher then all the other odds.

Cedrico Ikari
1st September 2003, 05:19 PM
I've got a Blue Psyduck and I am breeding it with my Combusken. I have about 36 eggs already... I wonder if any of them is going to be a shiny Torchic...

Torchic ROX

PurpleElephant
1st September 2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by andyizcool
I believe you could try for a Shiny Starter and maybe ONE Shiny Legendary because those things are so hard to get Shiny. As for me I'll try for a Shiny Beldum and tell everyone if I get one.

~Andrew

For Groudon and kyogre you could just save before you battle them, and keep reseting until shiny one :P

Silent Dragonfly
1st September 2003, 05:30 PM
In Ruby/Sapphire breeding with a shiny won't increase your chance of getting a shiny baby. This only worked in GSC

grandyc1
1st September 2003, 05:45 PM
FIRST primwurm there is no working gsa code to get shiny, besides my gsa is broken. SECOND anyone talking about eggs it took me 150 hatches to get a shiny torchic

Primworm
1st September 2003, 06:14 PM
well, 1st of all grandyc1, learn how to spell.
Second:how did your friend get all those shineys? did he accually spend hours just for you? I dont really think so. and how could you get a shiny latos on there? you had to pritty dang lucky. do not Flame back. Now back on topic: where do you all look for your shinys when you look hours on end? I look at the Falls, i want a lunatone shiny

AndyPants
1st September 2003, 10:08 PM
i'm just hoping i might come upon one oneday

and grandy, the insults doesn't help your case. right now i'm thinking you GS'ed those shinies, either that or you spend way too much time playing this game

Sputtel
2nd September 2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by andyizcool
As for me I'll try for a Shiny Beldum and tell everyone if I get one.
~Andrew

I wish you have succes one this.
And i wish i have succes on this plan to.
As I sad before on Page 2 of this topic, I am at 3525 tries.
I hope that I'll get it soon.
Today I will make another 500 tries or more.
The last few Days I spend time on battling in the Battle tower an completing the Pokedex.
But both the Battle Tower and the Pokedex are annoying things to do, so i decided to go back to the really annoying things, like resseting to get a Beldum.
If i get mine i will post it here.
If you get it, please don't forgett to say how many resetts you've done.

Cedrico Ikari
2nd September 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by cloudizme
In Ruby/Sapphire breeding with a shiny won't increase your chance of getting a shiny baby. This only worked in GSC

How do you know that? Are you really sure?
BUAAAAAA, I REALLY WANT A SHINY TORCHIC!
I LOVE TORCHIC!!!!!!!!

=((((((

MatthewKetchum037
2nd September 2003, 01:51 PM
You want a Torchic like I want a Vulpix Cedrico.

The only shiny legendaries I think are cool are The Golden Groudon, and the Black Rayquaza.

Sputtel, good luck with the Beldum.

Grandy, sure your shark is broken. That's why you ave every shiny legendary. I believe you........ NOT!

grandyc1
2nd September 2003, 02:14 PM
edit - watch the language...

-madelyn

MatthewKetchum037
2nd September 2003, 02:25 PM
Why do I even bother arguing.

MatthewKetchum037
2nd September 2003, 03:26 PM
Do NOT threaten the mods.
Not in my thread.

Primworm
2nd September 2003, 04:02 PM
i black ray eh? I better plant my leepa berrys, and load up on ultras and timers. Ill have soooooo much fun! Note to self, dont even try resetting until your GBA SP is fully charged. BTW, why does grandy act so bad because we know he cheated?

Silent Dragonfly
3rd September 2003, 10:12 AM
Aww..... I been playing 260+ hours and I still aint found a shiny, but my friend who hasn't even got to the E4 found a shiny Makuhita in Victory Road today

andyizcool
3rd September 2003, 12:43 PM
Philip that gives me an idea should I play Ruby (Extra Game as Sapphire is my good game) and get to the end reset and play again until I meet a shiny? I'll take all the TMs and the Master Ball and try to get a shiny. Then I'll try for a shiny Beldum later on.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
3rd September 2003, 02:05 PM
Andy- Good plan, but I work in reverse. Sapphire is my extra, while Ruby is my good game.

Primworm- Grandy has alot of pride, so when he's shot down, he reacts badly, very badly.

Cloudizme- that's exactly how I found my shiny Hariyama.

AndyPants
3rd September 2003, 06:59 PM
i'm going to breed(on ruby, my good game) a 6 person team, and start over on sapphire so i can trade to get the ruby pokemon. i'm gonna try about 30 eggs per pokemon to try and see if i can get a shiny something.

i'm breeding Meditites, Shuppets, Snorunts(maybe), Bagons(maybe), and 2 or 3 others. hopefully one of the 150+ pokemon i breed can be shiny

Bashaamo
3rd September 2003, 09:27 PM
The only shinies I ever had were Lugia, Ho-oh, Eevee, Vaporeon (used to be Eevee), and a Nidoran Female. I restarted my Crystal game so I lost all of them. (sounds stupid I know, but my Pokémon all had crappy moves and stats, and I used all of my TMs so yeah...) I currently have no shinies on Ruby. I want one, though.

Tallest_Los
3rd September 2003, 09:29 PM
Would saving before a Pokemon egg hatched, then restarting over and over shuffle your chances of getting a shiny each time?

Jay
4th September 2003, 04:55 AM
Los - Nope, you need to produce more eggs for that.

=o I caught a shiny Voltorb, now Electrode =O umm yeah *walks out* My only shiny ;_; I forgot where I caught it, long before the 1337 4 though. =D

MatthewKetchum037
4th September 2003, 01:53 PM
Bashaamo- Couldn't you have just traded over TM's from your other versions and reseted those? Anyway...

Jay- Some people are lucky, some aren't.

100 posts/1000 views- I never thought it would get this popular.

andyizcool
4th September 2003, 02:06 PM
I might start Ruby soon as I'm bored and got all the TMs off it and I need to train a Bagon off Sapphire and it will get a boasted EXP very helpful when training. I hope I run into a shiny and if I do I will tell everyone here when I get back because I'm losing the internet for a month or more and might not be back for ages. I'll miss all the people I met here that are now my friends if they are trusty I will PM you Matthew if that is your name when I get back.

~Andrew

MatthewKetchum037
4th September 2003, 02:09 PM
you will be greatly missed. I will be waiting to hear from you.

And yes that is my real name Sephiroth.

See you in a month.

andyizcool
4th September 2003, 02:14 PM
See you in a month.
Could be longer than a month but I'll be in touch with because you are great to talk to and I hope I find a shiny. Saying that I might find one and I can't tell you until I get the internet back.

~Andrew

Cedrico Ikari
4th September 2003, 02:15 PM
Damn...
I really wanted a shiny Torchic... I've made about 60 eggs now and I've got nothing yet...

MatthewKetchum037
4th September 2003, 02:19 PM
Andy- good luck with Ruby. PM me whenever you get back.

Cedrico- if you have an extra version on you, try reseting it and try until you get a shiny. Sometimes that works.

Primworm
4th September 2003, 03:59 PM
andy: Darn, your one of the main people keeping this topic alive(if mods dont want a new shiny topic, they should sticky this one). But still, were gonna all miss you. I know i couldnt live without internet. But find a way to tell us if you ever get that shiney beldum.

MatthewKetchum037
4th September 2003, 04:55 PM
There will be a hole in this thread without Andy, but Primworm, until the Mods ever sticky this thread, it's up to us to keep it alive!

Primworm
4th September 2003, 06:06 PM
True, so were gonna have to answer/ ask questions, and as of that statement i have a question of my own! Should i spend forever trying to get shiny versions of all 3 regis or no?

Cedrico Ikari
4th September 2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Primworm
True, so were gonna have to answer/ ask questions, and as of that statement i have a question of my own! Should i spend forever trying to get shiny versions of all 3 regis or no?

I really think you won't be patient enough, but if you do, well... go ahead!

Primworm
4th September 2003, 06:44 PM
True, Very True i decided im only going to try to get a shiny Regiice. Now another question by me! Dont you think finding a shiny Lat@s is almost/ is impossable without shark?

Andrew
4th September 2003, 07:08 PM
Just a note, we're not stickying this topic Ok. So don't really get your hopes up.

Crazy
4th September 2003, 07:59 PM
GAH I HATE YOU ALL!!!! At least you have a shiny. :( on R/S I have zip. *shoots random people* MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Sputtel
6th September 2003, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I finally got a shiny!
It's not the Beldum i wanted at first, but i think a shiny Lairon is way better.
I like it's yellow eyes and greenish-blue colour (Don't know the name of this Colour in english)
Time: 175:30

Amphie
6th September 2003, 11:14 AM
I have shiny pokemon only in Crystal. Waaah! All people have shinys in R/S only I don`t have it *Amphie is mad* Anyway, I have seen shiny Oddish in Safarii Zone.

Solarock
6th September 2003, 01:20 PM
You're All Luckier :( I Dont Even Have The Game[Curses...Turkey...Curses] Well,I Have Shiny Dustox...I Caught S.Voltorb...I Trained It,Then Restarted The Game.Then,Guess What Did I Found In "New Viridian Forest"...Shiny Wurmple.Trained To The Dustox,Saved State,Restarted Again.ANOTHER Shiny Wurmple.Again,Female.Restarted.......Again,In New Viridian Forest...SHINY ZIGZAGOON!Too Bad I Cant Use My Luck To Teleport A Pokemon Ruby Game Here O_o

[Edit] BTW,All In My ROM Game...Illegal =/

EmpressMyuu
6th September 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Sputtel
Yeah, I finally got a shiny!
It's not the Beldum i wanted at first, but i think a shiny Lairon is way better.
I like it's yellow eyes and greenish-blue colour (Don't know the name of this Colour in english)
Time: 175:30

That would be aquamarine, kinda like the Angel Gardevoir in my avatar.

EDIT: Never mind, that's not the color I was thinking of.

Courage
6th September 2003, 09:30 PM
Where did you get shiny Treecko? Oh, I had a shiny electrick. Blue baby, blue! Can't belive I restarted... :( :( :( :( :(

Absol
7th September 2003, 09:34 PM
a have a shiny numel ;[

in crystal I have a shiny Noctowl (stupid ash shiny-copyer!!!! XD)

MatthewKetchum037
8th September 2003, 02:23 PM
I'm baaaaaaack. Sorry, I've been gone. Family vacation+ F-Zero GX= no time online.

Absol- I have a shiny Noctowl in my Gold version too, but were not taking gsc.

Courage- I think the only way to get a shiny starter without a shark is to reset, reset, reset.
Sorry about your Electrike.

Sputtel- congrats on Lairon. It seems to me there is a heavy concentration of shinies in Victory Road and the Safari Zone. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Sputtel
8th September 2003, 02:47 PM
Thx for the congrats.
It's now a Level 50 Aggron.

Maybe it's because the people spend much time on these routes to train their pokémon or to catch these rare pokémon.
It took me ages to get all these annoying pokémons in the safari zone.

Have you also noticed that many People have shiny Tentacruels and Golbat's?
That's maybe because these Pokémon appear nearly everythere.

MatthewKetchum037
8th September 2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah, my friend has a shiny tentacool. You're probably right.

Primworm
9th September 2003, 06:13 AM
Im back now, i got my self grounded for 2 days. But i think that theory is kinda wrong, Zizagoons,last time i checked, they appear almost everywhere.(PS, i finished catching all the saphhire legendarys, because i cant get eon.)

MatthewKetchum037
9th September 2003, 02:20 PM
About your theory Primworm, I don't see many people here posting over shiny Zigzagoons do you?

Congrats on your legendary captures, any of them shiny?

Primworm
10th September 2003, 06:16 AM
Nah, none shiney, but i was wondering, is it possable to get a boy latas? if not would it breed with a boy latos? My friend did see a sniny godron(errrrrr spelling lol) but he deposited his master ball so he didnt catch.

ozhater1
10th September 2003, 06:23 AM
me

Primworm
10th September 2003, 06:36 AM
Dont spam,Have fun, Post more, c ya.

Silent Dragonfly
10th September 2003, 02:16 PM
Latias is ALWAYS Female and Latios ALWAYS Male and nope, neither of them will breed with anything at all.

MatthewKetchum037
10th September 2003, 05:47 PM
Legendaries can't be bred in any version, period.

Nequam Goth
11th September 2003, 01:12 PM
I tried it... got 2 shiny gyarados parrents from my friend(who after trading crashed his game... €50 down the drain)
and i got 4 boxes ful with eggs, and after 3 rainy days... all hatched, NO SHINY the rate is the same.. ;_;

MatthewKetchum037
11th September 2003, 01:38 PM
That doesn't surprise me.

Nice avatar Nequam. Golden Noctowls are the best!

MatthewKetchum037
11th September 2003, 04:21 PM
Here's an idea people (BTW I hate to double post):

Let's turned this thread into the unofficial shiny Q and A. It's not like the thread isn't that already, so if you have questions, me and other members will try to answer them the best we can.

Primworm
11th September 2003, 06:38 PM
Before i ask my question, id like to state that this is not like gamefaq's STUPID Q & A. Heres my question: Are you even looking for shinys when you find them?

Tallest_Los
11th September 2003, 06:42 PM
I have three shinies, as mentioned before, and I was never actually looking for them when I found them, they just kinda appeared while I was doing something else. I LOVE shinies, they just fascinate me, so I always have a million Ultra Balls and a good Pokemon catching...Pokemon wherever I go. I like to catch funny Spindas, too.

Primworm
11th September 2003, 06:51 PM
Well, true. An off topic question: Can mods Change topic names? Just wondering. Should i look for a shiny Lunatone? a blue eyed one would be cool

Poryhedron
11th September 2003, 07:31 PM
Given the chances of a Shiny showing up, you'll probably search for hours into days, finally find...a shiny...Zubat...and end up causing physical harm to your game when you chuck it into a wall...but if you're aware of the risk and want to try anyway, then good luck to you.

Primworm
11th September 2003, 07:39 PM
Nah, i have a zubat, i wouldnt mind getting another. But since im such a dork, i didnt bother useing my lux ball. you will be mine crobat!

Ma-jin Vegeta
11th September 2003, 08:31 PM
I caught a Shiny lv.2 Zigzagoon about 3 hours into my first game. O.O

I've deleted that, though so bleh.

Silent Dragonfly
12th September 2003, 02:08 AM
I looked for a shiny Trapinch or Sandshrew (I didn't mind which) in the desert but after the game recorded 6 hours, I gave up. for now.

Tallest_Los
12th September 2003, 05:15 AM
I hate to be a downer, but LOOKING for shinies isn't gonna work. Really...unless you have like, ENDLESS patience, and are willing to stay in the same spot for 50+ hours.

Just wait for the shinies to come to you.

Primworm
12th September 2003, 06:27 AM
In that route with the volcanic ash, couldnt you take a chinchow(spelling lol) and look for maybe less time, i swear the encounter rate there is already high.

MatthewKetchum037
12th September 2003, 06:08 PM
Primworm- Really? That's the first I heard of that my shiny zubat training friend. And about your 50 shiny quest, good luck for the next ten years, you'll need it.

Tallest-Los- Yeah, exactly. As I said before, they always appear when you very least expect it. For example, training your pokemon on victory road for the Elite Four.

Saturos
12th September 2003, 06:09 PM
Nintendo is making Shiny Pokemon figurines. So you can see for your self at the Official Pokemon website. I know that had nothing to do with "caught" Shiny Pokemon in a game, but you can "buy" them.

~Saturos

MatthewKetchum037
12th September 2003, 06:15 PM
I consider any shiny news relevent to this thread, as long as it's mainly about Ru/Sa. Thanks for the info.

Primworm
12th September 2003, 06:17 PM
im trying to raise my shiny Golbat(evolved this morning after i logged off the net) and i need a way to raise its happyness. i think i maxed out all the blocks it can eat.This quest is gonna be fun :D . But i gotta get a crobat before i start. :P :yes: :yes: :yes:

MatthewKetchum037
12th September 2003, 06:21 PM
I forget, aren't their items beside pokeblocks to raise happiness?

Primworm
12th September 2003, 08:33 PM
Well, i gave Black Bat(new nickname :)) the Soothe bell. That will help some. What does a shiny lunatone look like?

MatthewKetchum037
13th September 2003, 06:58 PM
The same, except for it's blue eye instead of red. You have to really look at Lunatone's to tell.

Primworm
13th September 2003, 07:06 PM
In honor of the 150th post, my friend is starting to make an image site. and his next task is to make a page of all the R/S Shinys!

MatthewKetchum037
13th September 2003, 07:13 PM
Excellent, PM me the site.

Primworm
13th September 2003, 07:40 PM
Hey, just a little hint to everyone looking for shinys. If you already have one, dont put him out front. You might get jumpy after a while, or miss one

And me didication is to andyizcool. We all hope to see you back soon! 8) :yes: :yes:

AndyPants
13th September 2003, 07:55 PM
i'm pretty sure there already is a page

Primworm
14th September 2003, 12:22 PM
How would you feel if this happened: You were looking for a pokemon. And you Run into A Shiny Poke. But you had only 1 pokeball. Would you catch it, or catch that other poke.

Kyl3
14th September 2003, 12:27 PM
The shiny.

Bashaamo
14th September 2003, 12:45 PM
It depends on what I'm trying to catch. If I want a rare Pokémon I'll just catch that one instead of the shiny. Then again, if the shiny is a rare Pokémon or one I want, I'll just throw the pokéball at it instead.

Tallest_Los
14th September 2003, 02:01 PM
I would catch the shiny one, no doubt about it. Though if I missed I would tear out my hair and scream. lol, I LOVE shinies.

There are LOTS of sites with the shiny R/S sprites...*coughserrebi.netcough*

Primworm
14th September 2003, 08:33 PM
Thought id let you all know that a have a copy of all the Ru/Sa Shinys, i gotta get the others later, im outa floppys lol

ho oh
15th September 2003, 12:15 PM
me I have a shiny RAYQUAZA..:D

MatthewKetchum037
15th September 2003, 01:37 PM
How did you catch the black rayquaza, because it doesn't count if you caught it with help. *cough*Gameshark*cough*.

sapphire_legend
15th September 2003, 05:50 PM
Ive only caught a shiny loudred and evolved it into a purple and gold Exploud:D :D :D

Kyl3
15th September 2003, 05:52 PM
Lucky.

sapphire_legend
15th September 2003, 05:58 PM
Damn straight it was luck. Out of 130 hours on my Sapphire, I've only seen and caught only that one shiny. Now im on S. Island trying to catch a friggin shiny Lati@s

Primworm
15th September 2003, 07:01 PM
Just a little off topic note. If you use MSN Messenger, add me at Dark_Prim@hotmail.com Now back on topic: Have fun on Southern island. Mail me your game so i can steal your EON TICKET. They wont come to northern Minnesota :( :no:

MatthewKetchum037
16th September 2003, 12:48 PM
Exploud is a decent shiny, feel good about it sapphire-legend. Good luck with Latias. Sorry about your living conditions Primworm, maybe he'll feel sorry for you and send the cartridge.

Primworm
16th September 2003, 03:45 PM
lol. Yeah. Too bad for me, but, i wonder... if i was TRADED a hacked Ticket, if it would count against me. PS, Post your shiny storys too!

sapphire_legend
16th September 2003, 06:15 PM
That's too bad about you living in Minnesota, I've already used my EON TICKET on my games so Maybe I'll mail it to you, but ya gonna need an E*Reader godd@mm!t. And if you wanna know my story on how i found mine, well let me take you back 2 months ago...

I was riding my bike in the Evergrand caves not even looking at the screen. I think i was trying to find a Lairon to catch. All i know is that I heard the Battle theme goin, heard Loudred's cry, and the sparkle that only shinies have. I was so feaked out that it was a shiny, and wanted to mke sure I didn't kill it, so I sent out my weakest poke, Linoone. after I got him to the red zone, I just threw one Ultra and caught it. I was so happy, that I gloated about it for the rest of he Month...

Skitty_Pelliper
16th September 2003, 10:04 PM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsgbapicsshiny.html
^ruby and sapphire shineys.:D

Bashaamo
16th September 2003, 10:13 PM
I had a dream a couple of nights ago about a shiny Heracross. I tried to catch it, and I only had one pokéball left. The little bugger broke out. I didn't catch it...
In the dream the Heracross was gold. Is it really that color in the games? I want to know.

In other dreams I was a Pokémon trainer. I had a Blaziken, a Swampert, and a Treecko. In a different dream I was Lugia. The most recent one involved a grocery store, and a person calling me Mewtwo. Maybe I should just stop playing the games before I go to bed. :rolleyes:

MatthewKetchum037
17th September 2003, 10:32 AM
The only pokemon dreams I have are ideas for my fanfic. Dreams don't mean anything, well except for obsessive compulsive disorder, but that's okay too.

Primworm- I posted my shiny story a while ago. Look back in the thread about Black Rose (Roselia). I'll post another when I catch another shiny Mr. 50 shiny.

P.S.- Oh and Skitty, your link doesn't work, at leasst not on my computer.

Skitty_Pelliper
17th September 2003, 09:00 PM
Well the link worked on my computer.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rsgbapicsshiny.html
P.S. Try this one^:D :rolleyes: 8)

MatthewKetchum037
18th September 2003, 12:42 AM
This one works, thank you very much.

Listen up people, if you want to know what the shinies look like, so you know if you are seeing one or not, follow Skitty_Pelliper's link.

ho oh
18th September 2003, 09:45 AM
How did you catch the black rayquaza, because it doesn't count if you caught it with help. *cough*Gameshark*cough*.

no I didn't used a gameshark, I saved in front of him, and keep restaring my GBA till I encoutered one, it took me 100 times of restarting but I have one now..:D only his nature is not that good..:( IMPISH. After I catched it I transfered it back to my ruby cart (I have two carts: SAPPHIRE and RUBY).

Sputtel
18th September 2003, 12:51 PM
Only 100 Times?
You are really lucky.
I have tried nearly 4000 times for a shiny Beldum, but nothing yet.

MatthewKetchum037
18th September 2003, 04:15 PM
Then I owe you an apology Ho oh, I'm sorry.

I'm just skeptical of people who post that they have shiny legendaries. After a guy, by the name of grandycy1, posted that he had all the shiny legendaries, I became very skeptical. He had a history of major shark use, but let's not get into that.

Sputtel is also correct, you are very lucky to get a shiny in 100 tries, well done.

Note: To everyone who posts with shiny legendaries, please also post story behind how you caught them. Otherwise you will not be believed.

P.S. 2000 views- woo hoo!!!!!!

AndyPants
18th September 2003, 05:47 PM
currently on sapphire i'm trying for that shiny beldum

Primworm
18th September 2003, 06:13 PM
hmmm, 2000 views eh? This topic is , i believe, one of the most viewed topics. Stickys dont count.

Now about those of you going for shiny beldum(this includes andyizcool) Enjoy trying. But remember, dont turn off your GBA and turn it back on. i know some people who do that. :o

AndyPants
18th September 2003, 09:28 PM
why not?

and is there another way to get one?

JoeMan800
18th September 2003, 10:20 PM
Note: To everyone who posts with shiny legendaries, please also post story behind how you caught them. Otherwise you will not be believed.

Well,this is off off-topic,by much,I know this should be in Crystal,but I own a shiny Raikou in crystal. I got it by just walking into the grass on the route between Ecruteak and Olivine. First pokemon that appeared after I entered again was a shiny Raikou,I just throw my Master Ball at him and poof,I caught him.

Lord of Wobbuffets
18th September 2003, 10:59 PM
WHen he means don't turn of your game he means don't use the switch, press A+B+slt+strt and it restes it without messing up the On Switch.

ho oh
19th September 2003, 02:21 AM
oops didn't know that, when I was trying to catch my shiny RAYQUAZA I turned off the power and on for some days. But now I see there is a better way thnx..:D

MatthewKetchum037
19th September 2003, 05:37 PM
Good tip boys, keep them coming.

Remember, this thread is for questions, tips, and shiny stories, even one's about shiny Raikou's. By the way, nice going JoeMan800.

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 05:42 PM
I have like 90 pokemon thus far, not a one be a shiny. It makes me kind of sad, but really, it doesn't matter bout the looks, its whats on the inside that counts(EVs)

~ Chris

MatthewKetchum037
19th September 2003, 05:47 PM
So true Sir Chris, so true. Don't feel bad about not having a shiny yet. You will get one when the time is right.

Cedrico Ikari
19th September 2003, 06:57 PM
I think what matters most when concerning shiny pokemon is not the time you have played so far, but the number of wild pokemon battles you've had so far. I've got three shinies and only 109 hours of gameplay. But, most of this time I spent training for Ev's or searching for pokemon to complete my pokedex... that means I battle lots of pokemon each day.
That also explains why lots of people have shiny spindas or shiny pokemon they find at Victory Road. I think it's because we spend a lot of time walking or training on that places.
Maybe I'm wrong anyway....

And well, forgive my bad english, but I'm brazilian

Skitty_Pelliper
19th September 2003, 07:41 PM
I spent forever in the Victory Road cave(I was training my Trapinch),and I dindn't see a shiney:no: :( .

Sir Gluggo
19th September 2003, 08:44 PM
I have a question concerning shinies. If you found a shiney Latios, then it escaped, then you found it again, would it be shiney? I'm just wondering...

Andrew
19th September 2003, 08:58 PM
Absolutely, it'd still be shiny, you have no worries there.

Primworm
19th September 2003, 09:10 PM
another hint for you legendary searchers. now this tip excludes the Lat@s avalible in your version after the E4. ALWAYS i meen ALWAYS have alota power or play on an adapter. Nothing is worse then finialy seeing the shiny, catching it, then having your GB die. :mad:

Cedrico Ikari
20th September 2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Primworm
another hint for you legendary searchers. now this tip excludes the Lat@s avalible in your version after the E4. ALWAYS i meen ALWAYS have alota power or play on an adapter. Nothing is worse then finialy seeing the shiny, catching it, then having your GB die. :mad:

Ouch, that must hurt...

sapphire_legend
20th September 2003, 10:35 AM
How about if your gme freezes up right after you caught one and had to rest. Didn't happen to me, but to someone at GW.

MatthewKetchum037
20th September 2003, 03:18 PM
As Cedrico said, Ouch...

ozhater1
21st September 2003, 08:02 AM
that happened to me after i caught a shiny slakoth and lairon

Vexx58
21st September 2003, 01:46 PM
I have a shiny tentcool in my ruby its blue
i keep it my pc its kool and my only shiny

MatthewKetchum037
21st September 2003, 03:01 PM
Ah, a new poster, welcome to the discussion Vexx58. Tentacool is a decent shiny, common, but decent. Good work.

Ozhater1- sorry. That really sucks.

LightNinetales
21st September 2003, 04:06 PM
I have a shiny Tentacool too.I got it in Ruby,after 47 hours.
I'm not lucky....I WANT THE SHINEY VULPIX!(because shiney Ninetales isn't beautiful.)

AndyPants
21st September 2003, 05:09 PM
is it possible to fish for a shiny pokemon?

i just found my feebas tile on my first try and i want to try and get a shiny one.

Skitty_Pelliper
21st September 2003, 05:31 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,:confused:most likely.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrssh140.gif
(proof^);)

P.S.That is from my link.:P

AndyPants
21st September 2003, 07:05 PM
you could obtain that from breeding, i was wondering if you could fish for one

Sputtel
22nd September 2003, 05:36 AM
you could also fish for one, that doesn't matters.

PS:
Got the Post number 200 in this Topic.

Sweet Mystic Mew
22nd September 2003, 11:03 AM
I would like to have a shiny Feebas, and later a shiny Milotic ^_^
Shiny Vulpix is cute too

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 01:53 PM
No, no, no, no LightNinetales. If anyone will get the shiny Vulpix first, it will be Me! I am a Vulpix master. And don't diss the shiny Ninetales because it is cool too.

Fishing for shiny pokemon is just as difficult as breeding and looking for one in the grass.

200 posts,2000+ views, awesome, just awesome.

Always in search of the Golden Vulpix, and then the Ghost Ninetales, because that's what it looks like, and its so cool!

Primworm
22nd September 2003, 05:57 PM
well if your in search of the shiny vulpex. add it to your Sig. like i put my goal in there.

Profesor_Rod
22nd September 2003, 09:55 PM
I have a shiny Crobat (It was a shiny Golbat) and I find it in the meteor falls. It was very strange how did I get it.
I was walking in a park back from school and a sudden noise (A very high noise) scared me. I got frustrated and turned off the GBA, but after some minutes (when the fright was out off me) I turned It On and started to train again my Flygon killing golbats, And there was it.
I CATCHED HIM IN A PREMIER BALL, MY FIRST RUSA POKÉMON.ohh...

after that, nothing... even after 310 HRS. that was only a blast of luck. I wonder: if I haven't scared, have I anyway encountered him. Mmmmhhh...:confused:

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 11:00 PM
Crobat, nice. Now you and Primworm have something in common.

Sweet Mystic Mew
23rd September 2003, 04:51 AM
I think, shiny Zubats/Golbats are not so hyper rare. Many people have it.

Skitty_Pelliper
23rd September 2003, 09:21 AM
I shall find a shiney vulpix before you!MUHAHAHAHAHA!Ah!I'm not evil!

Sweet Mystic Mew
23rd September 2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Skitty_Pelliper
I shall find a shney vulpix before you!MUHAHAHAHAHA!Ah!I'm not evil!

You`re really lucky!!!

I have to try with normal Eevee and shiny Ditto. Maybe I will have egg with shiny Vulpix:rolleyes:

MatthewKetchum037
23rd September 2003, 12:59 PM
Are you people actually challenging the Vulpix master? ( With exception to Lady Vulpix ). This is going to be fun.

Gloom Guy
23rd September 2003, 01:14 PM
In all the years I've been playing GSC & the last 6 months of R/S, I have never seen a shiny (besides the Red Gyarados) in my cartridges.

MatthewKetchum037
23rd September 2003, 01:20 PM
As I keep saying, it will happen when it happens. However you need more of a trained eye in R/S. The flash doesn't make a sound like in GSC, and it is harder to see. Good luck.

Silent Dragonfly
23rd September 2003, 01:21 PM
I keep going on catching sprees for spheals for one with near perfect IVs (Which will give HP Electric, power 70) and I'm hoping that I'll find a shiny one while looking. Or even better a shiny one with the right IVs. Or I could end up finding Zubat or Golbat shiny.

Skitty_Pelliper
23rd September 2003, 07:37 PM
Yay!A challange!*Gets out of here to find a shiney vulpix*

P.S.Sweet Mystic Mew,I haven't found one yet. . .;

EmpressMyuu
23rd September 2003, 09:30 PM
Actually, the flash does make a sound, it's just kinda faint, the visual part of the shine's easy to miss if you're not watching. I was playing Pokémon Ruby, walking around on Route 113, trying to gather enough ash for a Pretty Desk (still haven't gathered enough yet), so I was barely watching the screen...so this Sandshrew comes up, and I could just barely see the color difference out of the corner of my eye, and I heard this twinkling noise...since I was looking out of the corner of my eye, I almost didn't see the shine (now that I think about it, I don't think I caught site of the shine at all)...but if it weren't for hearing that sparkle noise, I don't think I'd have the wonderful shiny Sandslash that I have today. :D BLOOD-RED SPIKES!!! A KILLING MACHINE!!!:D

MatthewKetchum037
24th September 2003, 12:56 AM
EmpressMyuu- Like I said, you need a trained eye in R/S, and trained ears don't hurt either.

Skitty_Pelliper- You're on.

EmpressMyuu
24th September 2003, 07:24 PM
EmpressMyuu- Like I said, you need a trained eye in R/S, and trained ears don't hurt either.

I know. If there were enough room in the nickname blank, I would've called him HeWhoAlmostGotAway. :P

Ma-jin Vegeta
24th September 2003, 11:03 PM
Good Luck: I found TWO shinies in the span of thirty minutes today. O.O

Dumb Luck: They were both Wailmers! -_-;

I caught the female one, so I have a purple Wailmer.

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 12:13 AM
Ma-jin- You are kidding me, right? That has to be the luckiest shiny streak I have ever heard of. At least you can trade your extra wailmer to a friend for a different shiny.

Cedrico Ikari
25th September 2003, 07:25 AM
Well, I found two shinies in less than a week
but thirty minutes?

HedgeCat
25th September 2003, 10:55 AM
I've never seen a shiny in gold, silver or ruby. Except the Gyarados. I don't search for shines though, I hope to encounter them while training Pokémon.

I really want a shiny Wingull, I think the green striped Wingull looks cool.

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 01:42 PM
HedgeCat- It will happen when it happens.

Cedrico- I've never heard of anyone that lucky before, but who knows?

Hakkaden
25th September 2003, 04:47 PM
I resetted my Data last night. But on my previous game, I caught a Shiny Tentacool.

Skitty_Pelliper
25th September 2003, 05:50 PM
Why did you restart your game?

HedgeCat
25th September 2003, 07:12 PM
My brother was playing his Sapphire, when he encountered a shiny Shromish. He hadn't caught one yet, but being himself, KOing Pokémon, he took it out with his Torchic.

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 11:33 PM
Hakkaden- Why? Did you at least transfer the tentacool to another verion?

HedgeCat- Please slap your brother upside the head for me for his stupidity.

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 05:48 PM
Sure.
One thing about it.
I glanced over and saw it, and right as I told him, he used Ember, KOing it.
One person I know has a shiny Tentacool on their gold.

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 07:46 PM
Like I said, please slap him.

Silent Dragonfly
26th September 2003, 07:50 PM
My friend who found a shiny Makuhita on Ruby, restarted his Sapphire game so he could get more TMs and he found a shiny silcoon in petalburg woods. And even better he was nice enough to trade it to me. :D

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 07:54 PM
Now that's called being lucky my friend. Always be nice to trainers with shinies, because they may trade them to you.

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 07:55 PM
Cloudizme, that's cool. You've got a nice friend.
Tommorrow, after homework, i'm gonna try to get a shiny goldeen (i haven't caught on of those yet).

Skitty_Pelliper
26th September 2003, 07:55 PM
The only shiney I want is a Trapinch one!

P.S.I love Trapinchs!

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 07:57 PM
Really? I would have figured you for a Skitty, or maybe even a Pelliper.

Silent Dragonfly
26th September 2003, 08:00 PM
I've always wanted a shiny Vibrava, but I'm happy with Silcoon for now. I'll probably evolve it soon.

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 08:02 PM
Don't get greedy on shinies, or it will be an eternity before you find your next one.

Skitty_Pelliper
26th September 2003, 08:18 PM
I made my username loooooooooooooong before I started posting.(After I started to like Trapinch.)(but I still like skitty and pelliper!)

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 08:21 PM
Coudizme- Just so you know, you're on my buddy list, and so are you Skitty. I just figured I'd let you know.

HedgeCat
26th September 2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Skitty_Pelliper
I made my username loooooooooooooong before I started posting.(After I started to like Trapinch.)(but I still like skitty and pelliper!)

Yeah, skitty rocks.

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 08:27 PM
There used to be a guy called Andyizcool that posted all the time here. He'll be back in a few weeks. You'll like him when you see him, but let's get back on topic people.

P.S. Hedgecat- my newest member of my buddy list. I'm just making friends all over the place today.

Skitty_Pelliper
26th September 2003, 08:44 PM
My buddy list:
aragornbird
EVme15
MatthewKetchum037<
The_Missing_Link
cloudizme<
Dragonfree
Hexae
Lord of Wobbuffets
Quicksilver62160
ThePariah

MatthewKetchum037
26th September 2003, 09:12 PM
Okay, now that the buddy lists are out of the way, can we PLEASE get back on topic? Otherwise my Vulpix will start biting people's ears off!

Skitty_Pelliper
26th September 2003, 09:21 PM
If the buddy list says when a user is logged in,then i will always appear to be online(I forgot my password!).

P.S.Before your vulpix bites my ears offO_o,look at the post below this one.

Skitty_Pelliper
27th September 2003, 10:04 AM
I found some better link!:) > http://www.pokefor.tk/

P.S.I can't direct link because the url is the same in all the sections!:P

AndyPants
27th September 2003, 06:44 PM
cool site. i like how it has front and back of both shiny and normal pokemon. that may come in useful

Skitty_Pelliper
27th September 2003, 09:33 PM
I know...

Silent Dragonfly
28th September 2003, 03:26 AM
:D :D :D I got something even rarer than a shiny last night, a microscopic virus that allows pokemon to grow exceptionally well, Pokérus! :D :D :D Me very happy.

Skitty_Pelliper
28th September 2003, 10:17 AM
Please tell me how to get pokerus,I really want it!Make sure that one of the pokemon that has pokerus stays in your pc!:D :) ;)

P.S.This thread rules!:)

Silent Dragonfly
28th September 2003, 02:24 PM
Well getting pokérus is like getting a shiny but rarer and you can't tell if you have it until after the battle. It is a contageous virus that will passed to your pokemon when you either defeat a wild pokemon carrying it, or maybe you just have to encounter it, I'm not sure.

Well I've got a couple of infected ones in my boxes and I promised andyizcool I'd trade him something infected with it. BTW he says Hi.

MatthewKetchum037
28th September 2003, 04:05 PM
Cloudizme- Tell Andy to get his butt back online!
Pokerus- I got it in my gold version, but not in r/s.

Skitty_Pelliper
28th September 2003, 05:59 PM
Pokerus is in G/S/C?I didn't know that!O_o