PDA

View Full Version : EX Sandstorm TOURNAMENT LOCATIONS

Water Pokemon Master
21st August 2003, 04:31 PM
I was able to obtain a list of EX Sandstorm Pre-Release Tournament locations and the prizes you can get. (thanks to PokeGym) Note that the price to enter the tournaments will be $20.00, instead of the usual $15.00. For more details on what events will be going on at the tournament, visit my site’s main page and read the first news story. Here are the locations and dates:

9/6- Garden City, MI
9/6- Sturgis, MI
9/6- San Diego, CA (I will be there)
9/6- Salt Lake City, UT

9/7- Butler, PA
9/7- Milford, MA
9/7- Niles, IL

9/13- Co Springs, CO
9/13- Las Vegas, NV
9/13- Orlando, FL

9/14- Columbus, OH

These are the prizes you can get:
1st Place
1 Box of Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Sandstorm Booster Packs

2nd Place
16 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Sandstorm Booster Packs

3rd Place
8 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Sandstorm Booster Packs

4th Place
8 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Sandstorm Booster Packs

5-8th Place
4 Pokémon-e TCG: Ex Sandstorm Booster Packs

Everybody
Prerelease Card

Remember, you also get to buy six EX Sandstorm packs at the beginning of the tournament, so everyone should get something. Also, everyone who participates in the tournament will receive a pre-release card, as shown on the list above.

Anyone going to the one in San Diego?

DarkBlastoise
21st August 2003, 04:48 PM
damn straight ill be there, btw I sent in my deck to your site, and er, I wont be able to make that league in Westminister cuz i dun live in LA, I live in SD so sorry, but i WILL be at the Sandstorm pre-release

Water Pokemon Master
21st August 2003, 09:55 PM
I wasn't able to make it to the league at Westminister, either. My mom got mad at me for no apparent reason and I was unable to go. But, she reminded me that I had told her that Chris wouldn't be there, so she would make my dad take me. So, I am going to hopefully go this Saturday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, about your deck. I won't be able to fix it until probably next week because I have to work on getting the Base Set scans up.

Roarkiller
22nd August 2003, 02:26 AM
According to my calculations, only the top 4 winners will actually go home with a profit, considering the cost of one box of boosters. The rest r better off juz buying boosters, with losses ranging from $8 to almost $20, the entrance fee itself. With that big a loss, i wont be surprised if not many will turn up. If i were to live anywhere near there, i wont go myself. Its a rip-off.

But anyway, not like im gonna stop any of u. Only try and win the top 4, at least for pride's sake. Anyone posting decks yet?

Water Pokemon Master
22nd August 2003, 02:28 AM
Anyone posting decks yet?
Decks for what, the tournament?

DarkBlastoise
22nd August 2003, 05:17 PM
no, for Smokey's Crack House, what do you THINK man!?!?!?!

anyways, im thinking of either going with Omastar/Scizor or Scizor/Mantine/stuff

Water Pokemon Master
22nd August 2003, 09:42 PM
no, for Smokey's Crack House, what do you THINK man!?!?!?!

anyways, im thinking of either going with Omastar/Scizor or Scizor/Mantine/stuff

How could you use Scizor, Mantine, or Omastar when none of them are even in the set? You do know that this is an EX SANDSTORM tournament, right? We will be getting EX SANDSTORM packs, to make EX SANDSTORM decks. That is why it is called an EX SANDSTORM pre-release tournament. :)

I am not sure what deck I will be using, I have to read PA!'s spoilers to check out the 53 cards to get familiar with them, thought there are 108 cards in the English set.

DarkBlastoise
22nd August 2003, 10:25 PM
oh, I see what you mean, well since we'll be getting the EX Starter Deck AND 6 or so boosters, the-hell if I know what im gunna use

Roarkiller
22nd August 2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by DarkBlastoise
oh, I see what you mean, well since we'll be getting the EX Starter Deck AND 6 or so boosters, the-hell if I know what im gunna use

*cough* spoilers at any website. Pls, ppl already know what cards were in RS mths before it was even released. And for sandstorm, especially on a certain 200HP freak.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd August 2003, 12:21 AM
*cough* spoilers at any website. Pls, ppl already know what cards were in RS mths before it was even released. And for sandstorm, especially on a certain 200HP freak.

How dare you insult one of my favorite water Pokémon!!! He ain't a freak, he is a 200 HP power-house. If anyone decides to insult any water or ice-type Pokémon, I will find out some way to hurt them!!! :)

Yeah, okay, anyways, it is going to be a little difficult to know what cards are in the set, especially when the English set has 55 more cards than the Japanese set (though I am sure there are going to be non-holo versions of the holos) For now, I think it would be a good idea for anyone entering the tournament to read the ADV 2 spoliers at PA!

DarkBlastoise
23rd August 2003, 01:08 AM
er, can someone link me?

Water Pokemon Master
23rd August 2003, 01:14 AM
All right mister lazy, here is the link to the spoliers:
http://www.fakecard.com/tcg/adv2/adv2spoiler.txt

DarkBlastoise
23rd August 2003, 01:31 AM
god, that Wailord needs to loose more weight than I do!!!....

I like some of the pokemon, but I hope that aint ALL the Special Energy -_-

Water Pokemon Master
23rd August 2003, 01:36 AM
I am pretty sure that some of the cards Nintendo will add in will be cards so that the set can act on it's own. I mean, they probably wouldn't be having a tournament if the set didn't even have energy cards.