PDA

View Full Version : It's Offical, Paper Mario on Paper

Shadowfax
22nd August 2003, 02:59 AM
Nintendo of Europe have announced plans for a new paper mario to come out in the first half of 2004, which is pretty amazing, since there's been nothing about this in America.. maybe we're finally getting a game first :D

And Animal Crossing has been confirmed to come out in the UK FINALLY in march, so yay for us :D

oh and for anyone who cares, the e-reader comes out in December..

Razola
24th August 2003, 03:44 PM
Yuck, since they're back with Square give us another Super Mario RPG.

The storyline in that was he bets of ANY Mario with memorable characters and good uses of the Mario gang (Bowser as an ally?). Then we go back to Paper Mario with the generic piece of crap storyline.

Paper Mario wasn't bad, but it was nothing compared to the SNES classic.

Thy
25th August 2003, 02:35 PM
I liked Paper Mario, mainly since I was little and hadn't played any other RPG besides Pokémon. Here in the US we are still getting a new Mario RPG for GBA called Mario and Luigi. I think Europe has been given info on it, but I'm not sure. If not than great. They probably aren't doing another Paper. Paper was a flop because of it. It still got great reviews, but lost some fan-base to the traditional Mario games.

pikasaiyan
26th August 2003, 08:14 PM
I would love a sequel to the original super mario RPG with mallow and geno and everyone, that was one of my all time favorite games. I really wish they would make a sequel to that game, maybe throw in luigi somehow and bring the others back and i would be in heaven.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
27th August 2003, 07:52 AM
I think it's cool, I never played the original Super Mario RPG but really enjoyed the Paper Mario, it was really a refreshing change and pretty fun to play. The last Mario game I really enjoyed, unlike the horrible Mario Sunshine. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Shadowfax
28th August 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Thy
I liked Paper Mario, mainly since I was little and hadn't played any other RPG besides Pokémon. Here in the US we are still getting a new Mario RPG for GBA called Mario and Luigi. I think Europe has been given info on it, but I'm not sure. If not than great. They probably aren't doing another Paper. Paper was a flop because of it. It still got great reviews, but lost some fan-base to the traditional Mario games.

this info came from IGN.COM, not a European site. And also, Mario Kart Double Dash is coming out in Europe before America, so this isnt too unlikely.

Razola
28th August 2003, 01:22 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind a Mario RPG remake for SNES. It's one of the most highly demand remakes requested for GBA (besides Super Mario Bros. 3 and Final Fantasy remakes).

Jay
7th September 2003, 09:48 AM
Paper Mario was always fun, but I doubt it's going to do any better than it originally did without a better storyline =/ the last was a shocker.

New Mario RPGs are always fun to look forward to, for any Mario fan. I'd like to see a bit of a change though, maybe this story line will be better.

Hopefully.

red13n
8th September 2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Jay
Paper Mario was always fun, but I doubt it's going to do any better than it originally did without a better storyline =/ the last was a shocker.

New Mario RPGs are always fun to look forward to, for any Mario fan. I'd like to see a bit of a change though, maybe this story line will be better.

Hopefully. I don't think you can really say that new maro RPGs are "always fun to look forward to" when there has only been 1 new RPG after the first one, and to be truthfully honest that one sucked big time. You cant always look forward to something when there has only been 1 to look forward to in the first place.

And if this paper mario thing really is true(Which, to be honest I dont think it is), I am not expecting much out of it.

Jay
8th September 2003, 12:36 AM
Depends on the person's taste, doesn't it?

I don't think I'll expect much out if it either, but I'm begging that the plot be better than the latter version.