PDA

View Full Version : The Other 55 EX Sandstorm Cards

Water Pokemon Master
23rd August 2003, 03:49 AM
As everyone should know, the English set of EX Sandstorm will contain 108 cards, thought the Japanese version of it only contained 53 cards. Now, I have gathered some clues to what the other 55 cards might be:

This really isn't a clue but, it is obvious there will be non-holo versions of the holos, as there have been with many sets.

At PokeGym, I don't recall who said this but someone said that when the new Nintendo format comes, there will be no more babies (I believe he said "death to the babies")

In reply to the above, a member at PokeGym who works with Nintendo said "Don't count on it"

Though there have been many reports that Nintendo was going to make an EX Ruby and Sapphire set on format, many people diagreed with this due to there only being 1 set that did not contain any of the good cards from the previous sets (ex. Cleffa, Elm, etc...)

So, what I think is that Nintendo will in fact make an EX Ruby and Sapphire on format. BUT, for EX Sandstorm, they will be adding in those extra 55 cards that will allow the format to be reasonable. In other words, the cards they add in will make the entire format to have the good cards from the previous sets, without having to use Wizards' sets. Am I making myself clear, or am I confusing you, because I think I am confusing myself. Anyone else have anything else to add?

DarkBlastoise
23rd August 2003, 01:03 PM
well, if they want to carry on tradition they'll , make it Expedition-On, but if they just want to piss us and Wizards the hell off they'll make it EX-On which will really suck cuz decks will have no directuion whatsoever...

Oh yeah, Babies are dead

Roarkiller
23rd August 2003, 08:03 PM
Most babies sux anyway.

To serious players, they will be paying most attention to the trainers. Obviously the previous staples arent gonna be used anymore, so unless there r half-decent alternatives at least, their decks r gonna be no better than n00bs.

DarkBlastoise
24th August 2003, 09:34 PM
well some wont dissapear, unless Nintendo decides to outlaw Promos TOO...

heres how I figure it:

Elm: Re-Printed as a Promo

Bill: there'll be some sort of crap replacement

Gold Berry/Focus Band: Will be Reprinted somewhere down the line (Sitrus Berry perhaps?)

Copycat: Dies with the Wizard cards

Town Volunteers: ditto

and the rest are well, dead or saved cuz they suck