PDA

View Full Version : GROUNDBREAKING AG titles (at least one is, for some fans)

Zak
23rd August 2003, 07:02 AM
First of all, the correct name for the Volbeat ep, AG42, or 318, is this:

Volbeat and Illumise! Dance of Love!

Guess that kinda squashes the rumor of Ash catching a Volbeat....

319(33): Fly Bagon! Toward Tomorrow!

Another filler perhaps.... at least we see an exotic Pokemon... this will definately be "Letting Bagons be Bagons" :P
EDIT: Title fixed by Ron

Now, here's the big one:

320(34): Enter Misty! Togepi and the Kingdom of Illusions!

Can't fit all my comments on this one here.

Discuss.

~Zak

RJdude
23rd August 2003, 07:24 AM
Well then, it looks like Misty's back (that was quick). As soon as I saw that the Misty special coming up involved Misty's siters coming back, I started to get my hopes up, and this confirms it. I wonder if she'll come back with a new look, like Ash and Brock.

And as for the second part of the title, hmm.... this time I'm sure Togepi will evolve. It'll be a great way to bring back Misty, to have her favorite Pokemon evolve, but I have a very bad feeling that she'll let it go for what ever reason.

But you know, it sseems kind of clunkey to have five people traveling together... Ash, Misty, Brock, May, and Max, so maybe one of the others will leave. I can't see Brock or May leaving since they have the other two R/S starters, and Ash isn't going to leave, so maybe Max will leave in a few episodes, but who knows.

Animelee
23rd August 2003, 08:01 AM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!

THE GANG IS BACK!

THANK GOD!

I just ran into the living room to scream the name of the episode to my brother!

YES! Things weren't the same without Misty, and now, hopefully, she'll come back! YES!

Finally, we'll see Togetic (most probably) in the anime!

I wonder how ASH will react. :D Hehehe.

Sorry for my birst of newbiness at the beginning of my post, but I hope she comes back and STAYS! Now AG will REALLY, TRULY be better than Kanto.

:D

BenRG
23rd August 2003, 08:18 AM
It is great to see that Misty is returning. I hope that she is returning to the central cast full-time. However, I agree with those who have expressed their concern about increasing the size of the main team to five characters. I'm not sure if the Powers That Be can handle nine primary characters (remember to add TR, Pikachu and Meowth to the mix).

However, I'm glad to see that Misty is returning. I wonder if this was always the plan, or if fan power has made the PTBs change their plans. ;)

Pokejello
23rd August 2003, 08:55 AM
WOW thanks ZAK for beating me with the episode titles^-^, no just kidding.

This is great news! Misty is COMING BACK! YAY!

Rocketboy
23rd August 2003, 08:56 AM
Misty is coming back? REALLY?! COOL!!

Warp O
23rd August 2003, 09:06 AM
I knew they couldn't leave out Misty for long...totally hope that Togepi evolves and that she comes with a new outfit.

I also can't wait to see the episode with Bagon. It says he'll fly, soooo....i wonder if it will bring in Salamence?? I doubt it though...its to early. It'll probably be a filler having to do with a Bagon who wants to fly and his trainer who is determined to figure out a way to help it or something.

pikasaiyan
23rd August 2003, 09:37 AM
oh wow, she is back and togepi is possibly leaving man i didnt see this coming. Togepi is either evolving and leaving i think or thats like the only pokemon she brought. I cant wait to hear bout this episode

RaichuRocks
23rd August 2003, 09:56 AM
Ever since I heard Misty's sisters were coming back, I was like....

here she comes:P

And boom! This morning. The title is shown

Mikey
23rd August 2003, 10:13 AM
It's good to see Misty returning. I know a lil person named Hanada who will be overjoyed. ;) However, if May leaves someone will be in for a punch to the chest...then the head...then the groin! May is my fav character and getting rid of her would make me sad. Get rid of the little brat Max.:P

geoff
23rd August 2003, 11:33 AM
Surprsingly, I'm glad to see Misty returning- she better have a new look, though. That'd make her less boring. And maybe make her personality un-Johto, too.

My theory: They probably knew they'd leave Misty out of the first season of Advanced, and see how the fans reacted. I guess Some fans weren't happy at all, so they brought her back for the second season.

Now, there will probably be 5 people for a little while- maybe until they reach Petalburg again. But soon (I think), Max will leave. I mean, he has to turn 10 sometime soon (.... he is 9, right?), and will probably start his own adventure at Petalburg.

But this presents a new problem- Brock already has 2 R/S water pokemon, and Ash has one too. So will Misty take all of her water Pokemon to Hoenn (unlike Ash/Brock), or will she just have Togepi? And if so, what will she catch (if anything)?

DigiPokeMon
23rd August 2003, 04:16 PM
Having Misty back, will make Pokemon more like Digimon where there is at least 5 in a group.

For the first time there would be 5 in the Team Twerps: Ash, Misty, Brock, May and Max. I wonder how Pokemon will work with 5 in the Group.

Bad news, Misty does not come until Series 7 however

JazzJazz
23rd August 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
It's good to see Misty returning. I know a lil person named Hanada who will be overjoyed. ;)

I'm thinking Hanada will go nuts!

I've got a feeling that Misty might return for a few episodes and then go and do her own thing again... just a theory. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

DannyBoy
23rd August 2003, 06:18 PM
I can't wait to see that episode! I think I can see rivalry coming between May and Misty. I also noticed a lot of M names, Misty, Max, and May. That is creepy IMO. I hope Togpi evolves, then all we need to see is Porygon 2. Then for the Bagon one could be a catch...I hope.

Crystal Mew
23rd August 2003, 06:39 PM

Misty is....returning!?!?

:o

I must say, if this is true, and she stays, I will be one very happy girl :D
And I wonder if there will be any...pokeshipping hints =o! or jealousy between May and Misty. 8)

Ok, someone go write a guide asap. =)

Gravy
23rd August 2003, 06:45 PM
Oh god no....I was hoping she'd stay away for good. My theory is, that she'll be travelling on her own, or wiv Casey. So we'll have 2 groups of twerps to watch. I doubt she'll join the group. I mean, think of how long it would take for her to catch up.
Either that, or Haruka-chan and Masato go of to Verdanturf and Misty rejoins for a short time. I think those are the most probable scenarios.
If she is coming back, I dread what those writers are gonna do wiv Haruka-chan. If they ditch her, blood will coat TV Tokyo's floors. ¬_¬+

Orion
23rd August 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Oh god no....I was hoping she'd stay away for good. My theory is, that she'll be travelling on her own, or wiv Casey. So we'll have 2 groups of twerps to watch. I doubt she'll join the group. I mean, think of how long it would take for her to catch up.
Either that, or Haruka-chan and Masato go of to Verdanturf and Misty rejoins for a short time. I think those are the most probable scenarios.
If she is coming back, I dread what those writers are gonna do wiv Haruka-chan. If they ditch her, blood will coat TV Tokyo's floors. ¬_¬+ I couldn't do better but agree with you completely,Gravy!I can stand Misty being shown ocasionally in the Specials,but I wasn't expecting her return that soon!I expected her to come back the next League(If there's another after Hoenn...),but oh well...I was happy too when I knew Haruka/May would appear in the anime,and join the group!I liked her as soon as I first saw her...

But well,if Misty's comeback involves a nice chapter,and hopefully Togepi evolving,it'll be great!I also hope that won't mean a character's leaving anytime soon!Ohh well,only time will tell.These chapters will arrive to Mexico in 2005 at this rate,anyway...

Hopefully,Misty wears a new,more hot outfit!:DAnd hopefully,and I mean,HOPEFULLY,she comes back with a trauma!They were evil with Brock staying with Ivy!I hope they give Misty some weird stuff from being at the Cerulean GYM!!!Justice for Brock!!!:D*Goes away,grinning evily,and thinking of various Misty's traumas*

Osiris
23rd August 2003, 08:42 PM
Im Wondering What Pokemons Is She Going To Have!!!

I wish She Keep:

- Corsola
- Staryu
- Psyduck
- Togepi

Black Skull Dragon
24th August 2003, 12:37 AM
I kinda saw this kinda thing coming, because the Sisters' vacation shouldnt have even lasted this long, but then I guess it takes/took her a while to find them. Now we have a gang of five! Ash, Brock, May, Max, and MISTY!
Something tells me that she will fall in love with Milotic and Luvdisc, and like Sharpedo as much as she liked Gyrados.
Here's her team, at least in my mind:
Togepi <Evolve dammit!>
Corsola
Wailmer <for Surfing purposes>
Clamperl

Kinda makes you wonder if she's gonna change outfits like Ash and Brock. Maybe she'll look even hotter!
:D

Sorry for that gibberish you see above, but I'm fairly excited, along with being really tired.

Rei_Zero
24th August 2003, 01:11 AM
I'm curious. Will they have Ash catch Bagon? And if so, does that mean they've forgotten Larvitar?

Serebii of SPP
24th August 2003, 03:55 AM
How exactly would it mean they've forgotten about Larvitar

*Murkrow
24th August 2003, 04:29 AM
Misty's more than likely coming back? Oh..yay.
Personally, I don't give a damn if she comes or go's, the only thing I'm hopeful about is that her Togepi will finally evolve.
But if she does come back will Brock change his type again? Having two water trainers would be kinda boring, unless it's just an easy way to showcase the ridiculous amount of new waters. Hmm, having said that, wouldn't put it past them;o

Heh, its probably more telling that I'm more interested in the Bagon ep rather than about Misty:P

Animelee
24th August 2003, 05:55 AM
Since we all know that Misty's sisters have returned to the Cerulean City gym, we know that Misty can leave...finally! I have to say it, but... DAMN MISTY'S SISTERS! They treat Misty like a piece of crap, and then when THEY get a vacation, they ask their little "runt" sister to take the responsibility of Cerulean Gym ON HER OWN! And, I mean, Misty had her own life! She was travelling with Ash and Brock, and, I mean, they made her "postpone" her life, just to take care of the gym, BY HERSELF!

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. God, I've never hated anyone in Pokemon before, but, man, now I hate Misty's sisters.

ANYWAYS!

Well, since Misty is more than likely staying for good, then there'll be 5 people. Will May and Max be hacked off by the writers? Heck no!

May still hasn't become the best Pokemon Coordinator, and she hasn't even been here for a whole 52-episode season yet, and since this episode is coming very soon, May won't be going anywhere for a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG while.

As for Max, I hope to God he stays, too. He is probably the smartest one there, I'm not kidding. Also, he has a job as the "Human Poke-Encyclopedia", and he's the PokeNavi guy. I bet he'll be the professor in the next game (if it's not Gary), because it's pretty obvious he's a professor-in-training. A lot of you show a disliking towards Max, but I can't blame you, because a lot of you haven't seen the AG episodes, and he just looks like a tacked-on snot-nosed kid. Well, he's not. He's very cool, and he doesn't get in the way like Scrappy Doo, so don't worry. :)

So, don't worry anyone, I bet everyone will be staying where they are, except Misty, because she'll be joining the group most probably!

As for Togepi, I hope the writers finally make him evolve (it looks like it), and I hope Misty keeps Togetic in a damn Pokeball. I've had enough of Togepi, for God's sake. -_-

One last thing, do you think Misty'll have new threads? I certainly hope so! Since everyone's gettin' a new look in AG, I hope we don't see Misty coming back with the same spiky ponytail and suspenders. If they made her look like she does in GSC, I'd be relieved. Advanced Generation is about new beginnings, and you get those "fresh" feelings from Kanto when you watch an episode.

Well, I'm finally done! :D Time to go to the anime convention in Toronto! :D

Chris 2.1
24th August 2003, 09:38 AM
OH

MY

GOD

!!!!

I was never really a Misty fan, but I'm anticipating her coming back! I imagined, given the title, she'd wear something from the Goldenrod Radio episode! Like her Princess outfit thing.

I think Togepi will evolve, to bring even more freshness to AG, but Imho she'll do an Ash/Brock and take Politoad OR Staryu, as well as Togepi.

Well, the Volbeat episode sounds......neglected, the Bagon episode sounds cooll, hopefully brokko can catch it! How many episodes till Season 7? 10?

have a stammer
24th August 2003, 06:27 PM
When I heard this news I thought it was complete crap. May is great, and bringing Misty back SO soon seemed idiotic. However IF May and Max stay and are not replaced it could be good. The way I read the title I thought it meant Misty would appear maybe in a couple of episodes then leave, but everyone else seems to think she will stay. In my opinion if Togepi evolves and Misty gets new clothes and May and Max are not booted off, misty can stay and I'll have no problem with it.

On to the much ignored other titles:

Episode #318 Volbeat and Illumise! Dance of Love!
Although I don't really care for this non-electric firefly bug or it's female counter part,
the episode maybe good, who knows maybe Volbeat and Illumise will be interesting and it might make some people like these bugs.

Episode #319 Fly Bagon! Toward tomorrow! Showing this dragon so early? that's good stuff, once again a filler, but that's ok. Might be a touching episode.... or maybe not. But it wont get any respect either way because the episode after it is the GROUNDBREAKING one.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:19 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Oh my God, Misty is finally back! We are liberated, no more annoyance with May and Max! I don't have to watch AG wishing Misty was there! Yes, I am so happy! Hopefully, May and Max will leave ASAP, so the group can be together again. I hope Misty wears her GSC outfit. :D

Thanks for the titles, Zak!

Episode 318 - Well, Ash could still get the Volbeat, it would be a good Pokemon to his arsenal, and I mean, he could use it as some of the gyms. I think it should kinda be like Ash's Corphish. :D

Episode 319 - Wow, Bagon this early? Now, we just have to wait for Trapinch. I wonder if Brock would catch it, it seems like his type. LOL, Chris, this involves a Bagon flying, LOL, kinda like when Krystal got Bagon in FRTC: TIR. :D

And finally...

Episode 320 - As noted above, I am overjoyed that Misty is returning! It seems as if she is bringing Togepi, but due to the title (the first Togepi title since Kanto) Togepi might either leave or evolve. Hopefully Misty stays with the group forever, and I hope she beats up May and Max with her mallet. I also hope she brings Horsea after it was in prison in Cerulean Gym. :D

YAY! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!

Gravy
25th August 2003, 12:27 PM
Woah, easy there Horsea-boy, nobody said Haruka and Masato were gonna be booted off :rolleyes:
As I said before, I think its just going to be a temporary thing, y'know, just for her legion of fans.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:55 PM
Woah, easy there Horsea-boy, nobody said Haruka and Masato were gonna be booted off :rolleyes:
As I said before, I think its just going to be a temporary thing, y'know, just for her legion of fans.

Heh, nope, I'm positive this is for good. Then all the Kasumi fans will be dissapointed when she leaves, if she leaves, which she will not. ;)

Mikey
25th August 2003, 01:33 PM
May is by far better then Misty Hanada!:P Maybe they should have a cat fight to see who's better! LOL, cat fights are always good. ANyways, If May leaves I'll be extremly mad, so I hope she doesn't leave like you want.

Chris 2.1
25th August 2003, 01:38 PM
Hanada: I think 4KIDS stole my idea....:rolleyes: hehe. Funny to see how this one turns out!

Gravy
25th August 2003, 01:38 PM
May is by far better then Misty Hanada
lol, couldn't agree more. Get wiv the times Hanada :rolleyes:
lol, a cat fight eh? Would amuse me to no ends, and would certainly be a memerable moment of the anime...but, I don't expect it to happen at all. To bad...Haruka would have wiped the floor wiv Misty's sorry keister....lol, just joking of course Hanada ;)
I doubt she'll leave anyways, she's added too much, and her character is developing well, so I see no need to dismiss her at all.

Erm...just a thought, but seeing as Hoso is being replaced by an Fzero anime, maybe, just maybe, they're puting special Misty-concentrated episodes in every so often...y'know, to fill the empty gap that Hoso filled?

Laz-E-Boy
25th August 2003, 02:15 PM
I don't care much for Masato, but it would be complete and utter BS if Haruka leaves just cause of Misty. I doubt this would happen. Hell, I don't even think Misty is staying all that long, or if she's going to the group. Where would Misty meet up with them anyway?

Anti-R*cketship
25th August 2003, 02:52 PM
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!

Yes, Misty is back, but I wouldn't start making May and Max (when was that name confirmed anyways? Man, go away for two weeks and you miss everything!) any farewell gifts just yet. However, I'm interested in the second part of this title:

Togepi and the Kingdom of Illusions!

Why? Well, two reasons. First, it's about time they did something with that darn egg other than just having it there and using Metronome when it's convenient for the plot. Second, I am a Dodger from Pokemopolis (if you've been there, you know what I mean, and possibly where I'm going with this). There, we have a series of bizarre theories including one about Togepi being an evil, psychic leech controlling Misty, its unknowing host. Now, to me, the fact that the kingdom of illusions is in the same part of the title as "Togepi" says that Togepi is somehow involved in it.

I know I'll be proven wrong when the episode actually airs, but for now, it's good to think we've been right all along.

EDIT: just read the topic which mentioned Max's name.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 05:13 PM
Never! Misty will always be my favorite, and with her mallet she can throw May and her dumb bandana in a trash can.

LOL, you were a dodger there? LOL, I remember that site, it said something about Prof. Oak and Delia getting it on in the second episode.

Gravy
25th August 2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Never! Misty will always be my favorite, and with her mallet she can throw May and her dumb bandana in a trash can.

Erm, I always thought Jessie was the traditional mallet weilder? :rolleyes: And its Haruka I tells ya!...soz, I just dislike the fact she's been named after a month in the dub -_-0

Anyways, the Bagon episode is what I wanted to discuss. A few people think theres going to be a capture on it....and a few others think it'll be a run-of-the-mill filler...although, AG fillers are rarely of Johto quality.
I kinda think Salamence will make a short appearence here. Bagon stares up into the sky and theres a brief glimpse of Salamence soaring past the moon....or sun. Brings back Caterpie related nostalgia ^_^

The Volbeat one...Hmmm...I'm guessing Brock will show Volbeat *ahem* good techniques on how to win over Illumise, whilst Haruka-chan will try to get Illumise to fall for Volbeat.

Rocketboy
25th August 2003, 07:02 PM
I don't think you should be trying to get HT to not get Misty be his favorite charicter anymore.

Light_Togetic
25th August 2003, 09:39 PM
OMG, this is what can happen when you don't look in the spoiler section for a couple weeks or so! You can miss news of your favorite character coming back! I'm so excited!! And I have no outlet for it right now!! Maybe I'll go play with my pet bunny...

Anyway, whether Misty is better than May doesn't matter to me anymore, I just wanted her to come back! Okay, I'm gonna stop now before I make a world record by using too many exclamation marks!

AKA Pokemon Fan
25th August 2003, 09:48 PM
Watch Misty and May become the best of friends when they meet... that'd be quite a twist with how much their fans often seem to be against each other.:yes:

Anyway, I'm not going to get too excited until more information is confirmed.

Laz-E-Boy
25th August 2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Watch Misty and May become the best of friends when they meet... that'd be quite a twist with how much their fans often seem to be against each other.:yes:

Despite what I want, that's most likely happening, instead of Misty flying off into rage and jealousy.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:51 PM
I want her to fly into rage and jealously, LOL. So she can achieve my dream of kicking May's @ss in a battle and then throwing her in a trash can with Max.

Okay, I'll calm down. :}

Light_Togetic
26th August 2003, 09:53 AM
Heh, take deep breaths Hanada! ;)

No, seriously, I think that they'll be friends. Come on, every person (besides certain Team Rocket members) they've met they've become friends with. Besides, Misty has never gotten jealous in the past of girls that were Ash's friends, just the ones that like him a little too much.

But then again, none of them have ever traveled with them. However, if May has no interest in Ash, and if Ash has no interest in May, then I think they'll be friends.

And if they do become friends, well, some of us can still have very vivid dreams of Misty throwing May into a trash bin.

With Max. :P

master jao
26th August 2003, 10:22 AM
regarding to what happend to ash and takeshi, I really think:
-togepi won't evolved but is likely to return to its togetic mother or father and leave misty (not available in RuSa.....)
- she will only keep corsola with her

that's my bet

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by master jao
regarding to what happend to ash and takeshi, I really think:
-togepi won't evolved but is likely to return to its togetic mother or father and leave misty (not available in RuSa.....)
- she will only keep corsola with her

that's my bet

Well, that could be a nice way to introduce Togetic in the anime, though it would be too cliche, kinda like what happened to Larvitar. But still, it could happen, great idea!

LOL, L_T, we can still draw pictures of Misty punching May and Max in a trash can, that would be nice to post in Fan art. ;)

Scyther2015
26th August 2003, 06:45 PM
A fanart of Misty knocking May into a trashcan with a mallet would be quite hilarious yes...but indeed, they probably will become friends. Sucks. I want to see them snapping at each other every opportunity with a confused Ash in the middle.

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Scyther2015
A fanart of Misty knocking May into a trashcan with a mallet would be quite hilarious yes...but indeed, they probably will become friends. Sucks. I want to see them snapping at each other every opportunity with a confused Ash in the middle.

Yeah, it would really make the show so much more complex if they keep snapping at each other, which would involve Misty owning May. :P

Gravy
27th August 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by master jao
A fanart of Misty knocking May into a trashcan with a mallet would be quite hilarious
That gives me an idea........;)
*Ahem* Anyways, about the two of them becoming friendly. Don't forget, we've been led to believe the most obvious things will happen. Remember when everyone thought Jessie would hate Dustox, and how everyone thought (and still continue to think) Treecko is going to evolve every other episode? What point am I trying to make you ask? Well, a repetetive one at best. The one concerning how AG has surprises at ever turn and isn't as predictable and monotone as its predecessors, of which I mean, the largly boring Johto saga. I personally think the writers would be stupid not to have some sort of tension between Haruka and Misty's characters. But, then again, it wouldn't be the first time they've let us down if they decide not to -_-0

AKA Pokemon Fan
27th August 2003, 09:47 PM
That gives me an idea........;)
*Ahem* Anyways, about the two of them becoming friendly. Don't forget, we've been led to believe the most obvious things will happen. Remember when everyone thought Jessie would hate Dustox, and how everyone thought (and still continue to think) Treecko is going to evolve every other episode? What point am I trying to make you ask? Well, a repetetive one at best. The one concerning how AG has surprises at ever turn and isn't as predictable and monotone as its predecessors, of which I mean, the largly boring Johto saga. I personally think the writers would be stupid not to have some sort of tension between Haruka and Misty's characters. But, then again, it wouldn't be the first time they've let us down if they decide not to -_-0
I find it most likely that May will at times annoy Misty for the same reasons Ash does. After all, in personality she is in many ways a female Ash, even Ash has admitted that she's "like him."

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 10:03 AM
Yeah, May annoys everybody, even her smart brother Max, who seems to annoy everyone as well. Like brother, like sister.

Anyways, there has to be some tension over the characters, hopefully Misty will always own May.

Light_Togetic
28th August 2003, 11:17 AM
Personally, I'd rather see Misty annoying May, than May annoying Misty!:D Go on Misty! Annoy the heck out of her!!! Wouldn't that be nice?

Gravy
28th August 2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
I find it most likely that May will at times annoy Misty for the same reasons Ash does. After all, in personality she is in many ways a female Ash, even Ash has admitted that she's "like him."
lol, I never really liked refering to her as a 'female Ash', but then again I never deny that fact. Personally I think she's a mixture of both Ash and Misty's characters and because of that I think they'l get along more than argue with each other.

Yeah, May annoys everybody, even her smart brother Max, who seems to annoy everyone as well. Like brother, like sister.
Isn't that how a brother/sister relationship usually works out though? All siblings annoy each other from time to time, so thats how it goes...besides, who else has she annoyed apart from Masato/Max and Jessie anyways? :rolleyes:

Animelee
28th August 2003, 02:55 PM
Guys, Max never annoyed his sister, just Ash, in AG03. That's it, LOL. He's a very knowledgable kid, and he's also very mature for his age. Watch, you guys will see, Max is awesome! ^_^

Gravy
28th August 2003, 03:03 PM
Erm, how about in AG 23 'Rough-neck of the Sea! Enter Corphish'? Blech, I think they were arguing about summinc back then, but I haven't watched that ep for a while now ^_^0
Well, I like Masato, or Max or whatever his mane is. I just hope he doesn't get one of those annoying kid voices like we've seen with many a trainer of the day *shudders*

Animelee
28th August 2003, 03:29 PM
I dread that they'll use the Richie voice, but, I mean, 4Kids is smarter than that... I hope. Let's hope they hire some new actors, like what they did for Ultimate Muscle and Sonic X! I heard his German voice, and since the German voices are based on the English voices, it doesn't seem like the English voice will be so bad.

And Gravy, I'm gonna go check AG23 for a second. I think you're right, but let me see.

If you are right (and I think you are), then trust me, Max HARDLY ever argues with anyone, trust me.

Edit: I just skipped from scene to scene, but I didn't see anything. I'll take your word for it, since I have a bad memory. ^^;

Chris 2.1
28th August 2003, 03:34 PM
I think Misty will kinda be annoyd with May because she's just a new trainer, like how she was pissed off with Ash at the start of the anime. Also, like Ash+Misty, Misty will hide the fact she's glad to have a female companion, the closest she had was Sakura. I'm sure Misty and May will also have their girly moments!

Animelee
28th August 2003, 03:42 PM
I think that Misty and May will have an older sister/younger sister relationship, and that May will address Misty as "oneechan", like how Max addresses his older sister as "oneechan".

For those of you who may not know, in Japanese culture, a close female friend who's under 24 (and is older than you) is usually addressed with "oneechan" after their name. So, May may address Misty as "Kasumi-oneechan". It's a bit like how some of us may address our friends' mothers as "aunty".

Max just calls May "Oneechan", because she truly is his older sister, so he doesn't need to say "Haruka-oneechan".

If you guys watch the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (however terrible it may be), you sometimes hear Mobuka call Seto "big brother". Since Seto is his brother, then he's addressed as "Seto-oneesan".

Man, I think I went overboard with my post. ^^;

Gravy
28th August 2003, 03:50 PM
Max just calls May "Oneechan", because she truly is his older sister, so he doesn't need to say "Haruka-oneechan".

Yeah, thats right. I like the way he refers to her as oneechan, so I hope 4Kids don't spoil it. Hopefully he'll call her summinc like 'Big sister' although it doesn't sound as nice :P
Although, I always thought oneechan was for an older sister, not for close female friends. I thought that was just 'chan'. Meh, I need to catch up with my japanese studies ^_^0

And erm, don't worry about that scene Otaku. Blech, its the only one I remember anyways, so I guess you're more correct than I am about the arguments ^_^0

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 07:51 PM
Well, LT, you're right, Misty should annoy May with "You suck", "You're a bad trainer", etc. I mean, seriously, Misty should be rude to May, because she is "inferior".

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2003, 01:06 PM
Well, LT, you're right, Misty should annoy May with "You suck", "You're a bad trainer", etc. I mean, seriously, Misty should be rude to May, because she is "inferior".
Hanada, I like you and all but don't you think you should tone down on the May-bashing? I mean you've made it quite clear by now that you don't like her. All this other stuff is just going to incite her fans to defend her and insult you.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 01:09 PM
Whatever you say boss, but you guys all know that I like Misty a lot more than May, just because she's been there much longer, and handles Pokemon better as well.

Gravy
29th August 2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah Hanada, you're a great mod, but you do seem to go a scooch overboard with your dislike of Haruka. Blech, its not like haruka's fans go around insulting Misty....well, unless I haven't been paying attention anyways ^_^0
Meh. Haruka handles her pokemon...ok-ish anyways :P
Erm, anyways, lets get back onto the original topic.

Pyro_Shocker
29th August 2003, 02:06 PM
i think May and Misty would get along fine. Just like how when Misty really wanted Sakura to join them becuase she wanted a girl to have around.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 02:38 PM
Yeah Hanada, you're a great mod, but you do seem to go a scooch overboard with your dislike of Haruka. Blech, its not like haruka's fans go around insulting Misty....well, unless I haven't been paying attention anyways ^_^0
Meh. Haruka handles her pokemon...ok-ish anyways :P
Erm, anyways, lets get back onto the original topic.

Heh, May fans go all around insulting Misty. They call her a boring character, they call her a tomboy, they call her personality dry, they insult her Pokemon (well, Togepi), etc.

What goes around comes around. :p

Gravy
29th August 2003, 03:20 PM
[B}Heh, May fans go all around insulting Misty. They call her a boring character, they call her a tomboy, they call her personality dry, they insult her Pokemon (well, Togepi), etc.[/B]

Well, thats not nessiceraly(sp?) insulting her. I mean, she was a great character during Kanto, but as of season 3, it was obvious that her personality had gone dry.Theres nothing wrong with her being a tomboy anyways.
Blech, and you have to admit, Togepi was pretty much a useless Pokemon. I liked the rest of her pokes though, especdially Staryu (don't ask ^_^0).

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 04:11 PM
Still, even if it is mild, it is still considered bashing. Oh well, I guess we can trade quips, but I didn't think Misty's personality was not dry in Season III, IV, and V, but that's what I believe...

Nikku-San
30th August 2003, 06:24 PM
Wow... This is awesome! ^^ I'm glad she's coming back, though I do wonder about the title... What causes the illusions, Unown? She does have a history with them (or at least I think she does, I haven't seen Address Unown yet). Wow, that sure is great, I hope they give her a new design and all, maybe long pants?

A few slightly OT questions: When did Masato become Max? Hoso has been cancelled?! ;.; And whoever has the avatar that says BUSTED, what is that a pic of? A scene from the anime? If so, which episode and what is Misty wearing? Ummm... I think that's all. ^^

Rei_Zero
31st August 2003, 12:17 AM
Sorry to bust your bubbly Hanada but I agree with Gravy. Misty's character after the Orange Islands was about as dry as the sahara desert. She didn't have any growth, nor said anything much, nor even did something useful. About the best Johto moment Misty had was trying to win Totodile. And that was in the really early times of Johto.

Animelee
31st August 2003, 12:39 AM
After Misty got Togepi, she lost her "spark". You know the saying "once you get married and have kids, you're officially old"? That's what happened to Misty. She lost her feistiness (sp) and became somewhat of a "teen mom".

Here's hoping that when she returns in AG, Togepi evolves and flies away, and Misty has new clothes, along with her feistiness (sp) back! :0

Nikku-San
31st August 2003, 10:29 AM
After Misty got Togepi, she lost her "spark". You know the saying "once you get married and have kids, you're officially old"? That's what happened to Misty. She lost her feistiness (sp) and became somewhat of a "teen mom".

*snickers* Kids these days, growing up so fast... Hehehe. Well, at least the child came from an egg and Ash is not the father. :P

*skidaddles before he is pelted with stuff*

AKA Pokemon Fan
31st August 2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
A few slightly OT questions: When did Masato become Max? Hoso has been cancelled?! ;.; And whoever has the avatar that says BUSTED, what is that a pic of? A scene from the anime? If so, which episode and what is Misty wearing? Ummm... I think that's all. ^^
Max is his dub name in one of the European countries that recently previewed there. Many guess that the name will be the same in other countries when the dub airs.

Hoso being cancelled is only a rumor right now, one that is increasingly looking like it may be false.

I don't know what avatar you're talking about.:no:

Hanada Tattsu
31st August 2003, 06:38 PM
I don't care. To me, Misty is superior to May in all respects, and I will always like Misty better.

Also, Max is Masato's name in Germany, and because the Deutsh (German in German, I'm just showing off my German ^^;;) usually bases their character's names and voices off the American dub, then it is safe to say that Masato's dub name is Max.

Zhen Lin
31st August 2003, 09:14 PM
Despite their choice to dub May as Maike? Well... Max seems... reasonable - but it feels... wrong.

Hanada Tattsu
1st September 2003, 12:08 AM
What I think that the dubbers will do is give Max some dialouge saying that my real name is Maximillian, but everyone calls me Max. I think that should do.

Gravy
1st September 2003, 07:13 AM
I don't care. To me, Misty is superior to May in all respects, and I will always like Misty better.
Blech, I take it that you were meant to say 'Misty is superior'? If not, its good to know that you've seen the error of your ways ;) lol, j/k ^_^
Anyways, I still think those dubbers should have been a little more creative with Haruka and Masato's english names. Oh well, whats done is done. I don't think I'll get used to either dub name though. There's nothing all that 'special' about them.

Nikku-San
1st September 2003, 05:17 PM
Yeah, Hanada, I REALLY think you mean superior. ^^;;; And if May is also Maike in the German dub... This info should be considered false until proven true.

Gravy
1st September 2003, 05:34 PM
EWrm, just askuing, but how do u pronounce Maike ^_^0
Is it M-eye-Kay, or does it sound more like the name Mike @_@. If its the latter, then I think I'd prefer that over 'May' :yes:

Zhen Lin
1st September 2003, 08:41 PM
Maai'ki with the first syllable slightly long, but not doubled.

Hanada Tattsu
1st September 2003, 11:24 PM
OMG! Okay, I meant Misty is superior to May in all respects, and that I like Misty much better, always! Nope, will never change my ways.

Maiki translates to Mike. Is May a boy in disguise? I hope so, Ash can kick it out.

Gravy
2nd September 2003, 07:26 AM
Wow, did u see those horrible spelling errors I made in that last post? I need to concentrate a little more ^_^0

Hanada, this is starting to become some sort of rivalry between us isn't it? :P Heh, it looks like you'll never see the light :rolleyes:
*ahem* Anyways, thanks for clearing that up for me Zhen Lin. Not sure I like the name Mike on a girl though @_@0

Nikku-San
2nd September 2003, 02:16 PM
Hehehe, Misty looks like a boy and May's got the name of one. :P j/k I think you guys need to cool down the Misty/May bashing. I happen to like them both.

Entropy
2nd September 2003, 07:08 PM
I don't know what the fuss is: big deal. Now before you all jump down my throats, hear me out. I think it's pretty obvious that most people are on Cloud 9 that Misty is coming back and that's all good. You have to have some critical questions on hand when it really comes to it, though:

1) What kind of clothes will she wear? I'm guessing the hot pants are out.

2) Assuming no one is 'booted off' or 'traded', will the series fare with so many main characters. I doubt it.

3) Relationships have a possiblity here. Will Misty jump on May soon enough? Will there be a bizzare love triangle? (hums beginning to New Order's famed piece) I sure hope so!

Don't get me wrong, I am interested in Misty's coming back. It is sure to be full of anticipation. I apologize if I seem to philanthropic. ;)

Animelee
2nd September 2003, 11:26 PM
I dunno, I mean, it's pretty obvious that Misty and Ash will get together, but, did you guys notice that Brock and May are hanging out all the time? For those of you who haven't seen AG, every time they reach a big city or a Pokemon Center, Brock and May are always going off together to explore the city. Maybe May IS Brock's future girlfriend, and we all don't know it? :o

Entropy
3rd September 2003, 03:59 AM
Oh no, the last thing I want is May being Brock's girlfriend. He will stick to other girls. ;)

Pezz
3rd September 2003, 02:20 PM
I know I've said it beofre, but I can't wait for Misty to come back!

I am actually a Misty fan who likes both May and Misty, but I prefer Misty much more. I think it's stupid to hate a character just because they are traveling with Ash and you're favorite isn;t, not to say anyone here hates May because of that...

I know this will sound like blasphemy, but I kinda like Misty being at the gym. I am a big pokeshipper, but Misty finally found her place. She's great at what she does and seems to be having a blast. I don't think she should follow Ash around waiting till he realizes he is madly in love with her and they should run off and get married *coughs* Anywho, I am glad to see her back because I love her, but if they just made tons of MIsty specials, I'd rather watch those, but I know that won't happen.

Hopefully when the series is over Misty heads back to Cerulean City. She is an awesome gym leader.

Light_Togetic
3rd September 2003, 02:35 PM
Heh, I've actually thought about Brock and May getting together before...

Anyway, I think that if anyone gets 'booted off', it'll be Masato. He's got no pokemon, no intention of getting any anytime soon, and he really serves no purpose (to my knowledge) besides telling them about pokemon and stuff. I do agree though that five people is way too many, and that if they did that, one or two would probably get left in the others' dust. (It happens enough as it is to poor Brock in Kanto and Johto, and that was only with three people!!) May has earned herself a more permanent spot in the group, and adds some, er, different personality to the mix.

And they have to give her a new look, it just wouldn't look right if Ash and Brock both had new clothes, and Misty didn't. What I'm more interested in is what pokemon she'll bring. (It's obvious from the title that she's bringing Togepi) Although that subject's already been discussed time and time again, so I'll just stop right there.

Nikku-San
3rd September 2003, 02:47 PM
I think I already said this, but I really hope she wears long pants this time around. And maybe some type of vest, lol.

Iveechan
7th September 2003, 01:10 AM
I'd like to see Misty wearing something like that suit she wore when they were carrying the torch in the Indigoe Pokemon League Fights. If my memory serves me correct, it was a teal/black suit, and best of all, we don't get to see her midrift :P

When one says Misty is way better than May, keep in mind that Misty has probably grown up with Pokemon, being a gym leader and all, so of course she's way superior to May in training. But isn't it kinda refreshing seeing a newbie trainer like May, even though the fact that she doesn't really like Pokemon is annoying?

Let's talk about the Bagon episode, I think it's likely Salamence will make a short, mysterious cameo, like that Dragonite at Bill's light house *but not as huge*

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th September 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Iveechan
When one says Misty is way better than May, keep in mind that Misty has probably grown up with Pokemon, being a gym leader and all, so of course she's way superior to May in training. But isn't it kinda refreshing seeing a newbie trainer like May, even though the fact that she doesn't really like Pokemon is annoying?

Actually May is the daughter of a gym leader and her little brother is a wiz at Pokemon knowledge, she must have just blocked it out all her childhood. In any event, she's changed quite a bit in terms of skill and her feelings toward Pokemon since she first appeared.

Iveechan
7th September 2003, 11:01 PM
Doh, forgot about that! I don't pay much attention to the human characters anyway... why care about people with all those cool animals running around?!

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th September 2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Iveechan
Doh, forgot about that! I don't pay much attention to the human characters anyway... why care about people with all those cool animals running around?!
Indeed! BTW love your art work.;)

But I have enough love for all the characters! *hugs the beautiful May and awesome Charizard*:D

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:10 AM
Well, if you guys wanna see what Misty wears, there's some piccies out, so enjoy! It's really HOT.