PDA

View Full Version : *sniff sniff* How touching

Dragon_Claw
23rd August 2003, 08:15 AM
Have you ever been touched by an Pokémon episode. I have. It was four years ago, but the leaving of Butterfree made me cry.

Mikey
23rd August 2003, 10:05 AM
Never actually cried from an episode, but Pikachu's Goodbye and the episode where Ash, Misty, and Brock seperate made me sad. I'm moving this to spoilers in case people talk about AG eps like I did.:P

Shuppet Master
23rd August 2003, 01:44 PM
Yep,Pikachu's goodbye made me sort of sad and tear up. I was afraid Pikachu would be gone forever,because he's sort of the mascot for Pokemon. :)

Crystal Mew
23rd August 2003, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I agree. Pikachus Goodbye got to me :') almost made me cry..my eyes were watering :( lol. My sister cried for that one. Also the 1st movie almost made me cry....back then I had a 'crush' on Ash (don't ask -_-) and so yeah, it was sad. And in the 5th movie...man o_o; I practically cried in the end ;_; so sad.

AKA Pokemon Fan
23rd August 2003, 07:59 PM
"Pikachu's Goodbye" always touches me, but one of the more recent ones to touch me was "Charizard's Burning Ambition." The ending scene, where the narrator is saying "Afraid he'll change his mind, Ash doesn't look back. He just keeps on running..." while showing the still shot of Ash running while Charizard rears his head back and lets out a mournful roar. I got a bit misty-eyed the first time I saw that.:(

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th August 2003, 05:08 AM
The separation in Jessie's flashback in "Ignorance Is Blissey" was heavily touching, too. I have almost cried watching that episode. Actually, I cry only once a year or something in general so a scene in a movie or TV series must be well made also if I almost cry.

Murgatroyd
25th August 2003, 11:39 AM
The departure of Arbok and Weezing as Jessie, James, and Meowth take on a Tyranitar.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:26 PM
Oh, I am very touched by Pokemon, so here's a whole bunch.

All of the touching episodes were in Kanto. Butterfree's departure, especially in the Japanese version made me start balling my eyes out, as did the Pikachu Woods episode from that season.

The episode where Brock left did as well, and so did the episode where Tracey left. :(

When Arbok/Weezing left, and also the episode where the group seperated made me cry too.

Light_Togetic
26th August 2003, 11:42 AM
Just reading all of these things makes me teary-eyed...

Anyway, I think that the episode where Brock left got me the most. I really like Brock, he was my second favorite character besides Misty (sorry Ash). I remember when Brock was waving and said, "Just make sure you don't forget me!", or something to that effect, and I said under my breath, "Yeah, you'd better not Ash Ketchum..." :D Good memories.

The one that I know will get me is gonna be the one with Ash, Misty and Brock parting ways. Reading the summary for that made me want to cry... I had to fight back tears because I was in the school computer lab... it's just a little embarrassing when a lady walks up to you when you're crying about a pokemon epi. summary and asks, "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do?"

Animelee
26th August 2003, 11:55 AM
I never cried, but, the following list is filled with sad scenes:

Butterfree's goodbye... In the Japanese version, they said that after Butterfree mate, they die... Stupid Ash, why didn't you keep Butterfree... >:|

Pikachu's "goodbye"... The song "Oyasumi Pikachu" was pretty sad playing in the background, too...

When James left Growly behind, and was depicted as a Rurouni, that was pretty sad...

When Pidgeot left... Damn Ash, go get your damn Pidgeot!

When our main man, Brock, left (for the first time)...

When Charizard left...

When Squirtle and Bulbasaur said goodbye to eachother, and then when Squirtle was on the motorcycle waving... ;_;

*Long stretch of Johto*

When Squirtle and Charizard came back for the Johto League finals, and then LEFT right after...

When Ash, Misty, and Brock seperated at the end of Johto, man, that REALLY ticked me off...

When Arbok and Weezing had to leave with the Ekans and Koffing, because of that jerk@$$ poacher...

And, finally, the newest one -- When James wanted to stay behind, with the girl he liked from that village, in Hoso 03, and then he STUPIDLY pressed the button on the mecha control panel, and they all went flying... Oh well, that means he and Jesse are meant for eachother, so it's not really that sad, it's more a mix of hillarity (sp) and patheticness (is that even a word?)!

:)

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2003, 06:18 PM
The saddest scene in Pokemon had to be Squirtle's departure. Why? Because Squirtle and Bulbasaur where the last (besides Pikachu) Kanto Pokemon that Ash had since the beginning in Kanto. With Squirtle gone, Bulbasaur was alone with no friends but some stupid amateur newbies. :D :o

Too Cool Scyther
29th August 2003, 02:41 AM
The only one that really made me sad was when Squirtle left Ash.

There was another one with Bulbasaur at Professor Oak's lab trying to solve the fight between the Grass and Water Pokemon there. I believe it's the one where Bulbasaur leaves too... when the rock supposedly "smashed and killed bulbasaur", they showed scenes of Bulbasaur in black/white-ish.. and it was really sad.

Also, the 5th Movie made me very sad as well.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 08:51 AM
I wish Bulbasaur's leave should have been much more touching, after all, it was his last Pokemon that he had from the Kanto days, so they really should have made a bigger deal about it.

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I wish Bulbasaur's leave should have been much more touching, after all, it was his last Pokemon that he had from the Kanto days, so they really should have made a bigger deal about it.
I don't know, I thought ti was very well done. When that boulder fell and the musical flashback montage started it was so well-done that I for the briefest moment, despite knowing otherwise due to spoilers, thought that Bulbasaur really had died. Then they had that scene of Ash waking up and looking up at the sky with a smile as he thought of Bulbasaur and that was a great finish.

Really, to Ash sending a Pokemon to Oak's isn't really like saying goodbye since he can send for Bulbasaur whenever he needs him and gets to talk to him on the phone as well. Besides, he knew how happy Bulbasaur was to be needed at the lab so that made it easier for him.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 04:14 PM
Well, I know what you mean, of course. Bulbasaur is still officially Ash's. In the case of Squirtle, he left it with Jenny, but he can still send for Squirtle, right?

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, I know what you mean, of course. Bulbasaur is still officially Ash's. In the case of Squirtle, he left it with Jenny, but he can still send for Squirtle, right?
Not the way he can with the one's at Oak's. As I recall Jenny had to bring Squirtle to Ash for the league, it wasn't transported.

Hanada Tattsu
30th August 2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Not the way he can with the one's at Oak's. As I recall Jenny had to bring Squirtle to Ash for the league, it wasn't transported.

True, but what I meant was that Jenny lets Ash use Squirtle whenever he pleases, to a point.