PDA

View Full Version : Poll ~ Smilies :D

Cheesey
23rd August 2003, 09:06 AM
Hey everyone =)

Polls need to be here :O So I wanted to post one about one of my favourite things, smilies :>

1 ~ Do you like smilies?
2 ~ What sort of smilies, e.g a smilie face (:)) or a text smilie (:>) do you like? (skip if you don't like smilies)
3 ~ Do you use smilies often?
4 ~ Do you know why you do/don't?
5 ~ What's your favourite TPM smilie?
6 ~ What's your favourite text smilie?
7 ~ Least favourite TPM smilie?
8 ~ Least favourite text smilie?

~*~ My answers ~*~

1 ~ I LOVE smilies =D I use them ALL the time, I realised when I answered Katies poll I used a smilie in every answer :O
2 ~ Text smilies are the best ^_^ I think they look more simple and just plain better than smilie faces :x
3 ~ YES XD
4 ~ Because they're simple, fun, look cool and are addictive o.0
5 ~ I like :D Because it looks kinda goofy and funny xD
6 ~ By far it'd be o.o because its a confused smilie, I'm always confused, so I do it all the time XD
7 ~ :confused: annoys me o.o It's because newbies use it a lot and it makes them look stupid :< I don't mind when vets do it, but bleh o_0
8 ~ :@ I've seen it before and it just looks idiotic oO;;;

And you? :O

MarshmallowEgg
23rd August 2003, 09:32 AM
1 ~ Do you like smilies? - Yes. Yes I do.
2 ~ What sort of smilies do you like? (skip if you don't like smilies) - I mostly use text smiles. I like the picture smilies but I think the text smilies just look better.
3 ~ Do you use smilies often? - Yeah. ^_^
4 ~ Do you know why you do/don't? - Probably because I'm just used to it. I've been using the internet since I was about eight and a half... that's a long time to get used to something ^_^;;
5 ~ What's your favourite TPM smilie? :yes:, because it's all... yes like. XD
6 ~ What's your favourite text smilie? ^_^ and all the ones like it: ^_~, ^_^;;, ~_~, etc.
7 ~ Least favourite TPM smilie? - :P It just looks demented for some reason....
8 ~ Least favourite text smilie? - I don't think I really have a least favorite for this....

Krystalline Kabutops
23rd August 2003, 10:01 AM
1 ~ Do you like smilies?

Mmm, smilies..... *licks a smilie popsicle*

2 ~ What sort of smilies, e.g a smilie face () or a text smilie (:> ) do you like? (skip if you don't like smilies)

Text. They're so much more customizable. =>

Oh yes. I use them more then real words =P

Hard to make smilie typos XP

I like :yes:

I use => a lot because I use smilies mostly on IM, and :> doesn't work for me on IM.

:confused: looks really stupid.

?.? is pretty freaky.

Mikey
23rd August 2003, 10:17 AM
1. Yes, smilies are my pride and joy!:P

2. Text smilies. They are fun. >:]

3. ALmost every post;o

4. Becuase its fun and I like facies!:D

5. :yes: :wave:

6. I like o_0

7. I don't like ;o

8. +_+ looks dull

Rambunctious Jamirus
23rd August 2003, 04:22 PM
1 ~ Do you like smilies?
Yes. I like to use them as it shows how I feel for a moment. And some are so cute! ~-^

2 ~ What sort of smilies, e.g a smilie face () or a text smilie (:> ) do you like? (skip if you don't like smilies)
I like the :D in the smilie faces and the ^-^ in the text. Then there's ._. and XD

Sometimes I'll put in a text smilie but they usually don't appear.

They're cute is a reason why. I also think they're better to use than the face smilies as they need to be uploaded and junk.

:D because it's cool looking in my opinion.

^-^ ~_^ o.0 and XD are neat looking.

;o looks disturbing

$_$ looks wierd and so does ;-p

mr_pikachu
23rd August 2003, 04:43 PM
1. Smilies are the best! If you can't find words to display your emotions (or you're just lazy...) then smilies are the thing for you! And they're just so much fun! :D

2. I use vB smilies more often, just because they're easier to remember (since I learned most of those first) and because I have done them so much in the past. Not to mention some of the smilies take me several seconds to type, if they have normally unused characters, such as ^ or *.

3. All the time! They're a simple way to convey your emotions, so they're very useful to me.

4. As I said, they're easy and fun. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

5. :D. I use this one all the time, especially when I crack jokes (which often aren't funny, but that's beside the point). A simply way to express extreme happiness without wasting time on adjectives. Perfect.

6. XD. I don't know why, but this is the one I use most often. It's almost frightening, really. XD

7. :P. Okay, what the heck is that supposed to be? He's smiling with his tongue sticking out. Freaky. Also on my hate list: ;o. For crying out loud, is he yawning or something?

8. :-* I never really got just why this looks like a kiss... it freaks me out.

Crystal Mew
23rd August 2003, 06:20 PM
Hey Cheesey!

~*1. Heck yeah! I love smilies ^_^ you probablu can't find ONE post without me using one or two. heh. I like them cause..er, I dunno, they're so cute, lol. and express my emotions.

~*2. in text, I use ^_^, XD, ._.;, and =}, :}, o_O, o_0; smilies, I like :D

~*3. yep..too often :)

~*4. I dunno really...it expresses me I guess o_0;

~*5.:D :wave: :yes:

~*6. o_O; and XD I use alot

~*7. :-* and ;)
AHHH :<

Chikoo
23rd August 2003, 07:02 PM
1. Yes, smilies are the best. ^_^
2. I like both text and image. ;o
3. Yes, I use them often. ;)
4. Because they own.
5. :wave::yes:;o
6. XD (ex-dee) and :]
7. :D looks not funny.
8. Anything with a "@". Except Kris' rose-giving-Kirby. ^_^

Angel Blossom
23rd August 2003, 07:33 PM
1. Of course, I love smilies! Smilies are the best. They express your feelings, make posts cute, and they're just so much fun to use. And there's such a wide variety of them. You can use text to make some, and some are graphics. Smilies are just so leet. =D

2. I love the text smilies the best. Graphic ones are okay, but not as leet. ^.^

3. Yeah, I use them almost all the time! (V^.)>-<@

4. I use them because they're cute, and they're a great way to express my feelings. Besides, my posts would be so dull without them, lol. I can't imagine not using smilies in my posts or in AIM, honestly. o.o Thank God for smilies. XD

5. :yes: is teh bleetest. =)

6. ^.^ is my favorite. How can you not love it? It's freaking adorable? =)
I also love the Kirby ones. <(^^)> (>^) <( )> (^<) <(@@)>

7. :confused: sucks the most. DIE confused smilie! >:O

8. *_* < that one is incredibly ugly and confusing. What the heck does it mean, anyway? LOL, I never used it in my life.

Jay
23rd August 2003, 07:36 PM
Excellent poll, Cheesey :D.

1 ~ Do you like smilies?

Funny, about two weeks ago at the Goldenrod Tower I was talking about people who succumb to the ummmm behaviour so easily, but no, a few special people changed that, not a whole room. :) I do like smilies.

2 ~ What sort of smilies do you like? (skip if you don't like smilies)

I like the text smilies much better than the emoticons. With emoticons you're limited to only so many, and most of that doesn't demonstrate your own feelings at the time. With text smilies, you can create just about anything, and you have an unlimited range.

I use them lots, mostly outside of TPM unless I'm in a really hyper mood then I'll use them just about anywhere :D.

They express more than a bunch of writing could, and it makes you sound less serious and relaxed almost.

;o and :)

My favourite text smiley is the Times New Roman ^_^, XD ;_; :O =P =) =D =| and >=/

:P :mad: and :o

Hmm. ^_~ @_@ -_- :> :< =[ :} :-* =-o

Aipom Of Doom
23rd August 2003, 11:37 PM
1 ~ Do you like smilies?
They're fine :O. I use them a lot when I get bored or think about using lots of smilies (i.e. now) =P

Text smilies :d. The TPM smilies are annoying, and the AIM ones are crap. Plus the text smilies have a lot more options for the expression you want to show.

yeah ^_^. They're fun :O.

I do because it's a habit for me now ;p

I don't like any of them =/. They all look all... bald... and round... and most look too yellow.

>=/, =/, :O, :d, and variations of those... At the moment at least. And XD of course.

They all look weird. I guess the :o one tho because it interferes with my text smilies if I forget to hit "Disable Smilies in This Post".

I dunno... Ones that use - as a nose I guess. Like =-0, :-), and stuff like that.

Kireihana52
25th August 2003, 09:29 PM
1 ~ Yeah, I like smileys. It's actually sort of boring without them. o_o;
2 ~ I like both, but use text ones more because most of the new picture smileys look odd.
3 ~ Yes. All the freaking time.
4 ~ I use them frequently because I'm retarded and have had too much caffeine. And it's a habit you pick up from being here for 3 years.
5 ~ :lookout: (it died long ago, but it was great), :D, :yes:
6 ~ @_@, O_o, X_o, XD, =P, =D
7 ~ :P, the old one was so much better.
8 ~ None, I guess. O_o

~Bethany