PDA

View Full Version : Prolouge: A new Breed of Champion

Kaiune
23rd August 2003, 02:01 PM
This is only a prolouge. C+C if you would

"Complete darkness, enveloped by the thick black of night, Unable to see six inches in front of his face. Looking around trying to find some source of life he presses his hand against the cold hard granite of the cave grabbing hold of anything he felt was safe. Deeper and Deeper he traveled into the cave until he herd a growl, A low, dormant growl. 'My stomach' he said to himself as he trudged onward. But it only took a few moments before the growl became louder and louder until it was the growl of a Pokémon he was hearing.

The adventurer looked in front of him and saw a speck of light at the end of the cave. 'Light' he said to himself as his trudge came to a walk, his walk to a jog and his jog to a run, he ran towards the light. 'I've found it!' he yelled, 'I really found it... its... its!"

"Time for bed you too." a female voice sounded as light suddenly flooded young Kaiune's room who was snuggled inside his crib. His father, Neko, was standing over him leaning against the crib. Kaiune giggled happily as Neko turned around to see his wife standing at the door with her hand still on the light switch.

"Oh come on Sophia," Neko Whined, "You know how much he loves my stories before bed."

"Maybe Hun, but its time for you both to get some sleep, tomorrow’s our opening. Now come to bed"

"Yes dear." Kaiune giggled again happily cooing loudly to his father who had started to move away from the crib.

"Lulu..." he cooed

"Alright squirt," Neko laughed to himself "Luna can sleep with you tonight." Neko whistled into what seemed like nowhere and waited for a moment. then, slowly an old Umbreon came waltzing into the room holding an Umbreon Kitten in his mouth. He came to Neko's feet and held up the kitten to him.

"Thank you Eclipse you may go back to sleep now"

"Umbre..." Eclipse sounded softly. The old Umbreon had definitely seen younger days, but surely no happier ones. Eclipse's body was old and tired, his legs wobbled slightly as he walked and his movements were slow and gentle. He slowly padded towards Sophia who knelt down and gave Eclipse a big hug and a kiss on his Fake gold eye. An item he gained back in his youth after loosing sight in that eye due to a battle.

"We love you to Eclipse, let's go into our room and I’ll put you on the bed for the night."

"Umbre..." Eclipse Voiced happily. Eclipse could no longer jump up onto his Master's bed like he used to. His legs couldn’t produce that much energy anymore. He could hardly climb the stairs. But Neko and Sophia Both loved that Umbreon so much that they coped with it very well.

Neko smiled warmly as he watched his wife and Eclipse walk out of the room. He picked up the young Umbreon kitten, one of Eclipse's offspring, and placed it into Kaiune's crib. Almost immediately Luna walked right up to Kaiune and nuzzled in against him. In reaction, young Kaiune wrapped his arms around Luna and pulled her even closer, making noises and giggling until he eventually fell asleep.

"Huh" Neko thought to himself before turning for the door, after which he turned back around and flipped the light switch to his son's bedroom. "G'night squirt." Neko then reached for the door and stared to pull it shut to leave Kaiune for the night but right before he did he made one last comment, one that probably even make sense to him or anyone else for another twelve years... "Let the adventure begin."