PDA

View Full Version : Jeez, im actually askin' for help

Roarkiller
23rd August 2003, 08:08 PM
Think most of u know that im definitely not in touch with skyridge onwards, and i havent really checked out my aquapolis cards yet (opened all the boosters, but the cards remain inside, lol).

So like i visited the store dkyouth told me bout yesterday and true, blastoise ruled metagame. And yeah, the played funny; most decided that weakness/resistance r a hindrance to the game and their 'skills'.

Anyway, for those still highly active in the game, juz wanna have a crash course on the broken, decent and potentially decent cards and their combos, and why they r useful in the 1st place.

Btw, i also discovered how rusty i am in the game. I couldnt even control my own deck, which ironically, was designed so that anyone who doesnt know its true potential will most likely lose or win marginally. Which was what happened to me, i simply couldnt control its strength and forgot its counter-measures, not to mention the funny rule they play by.

EDIT: btw, im referring to unlimited, These ppl never heard of modified, or pretend not to.

Jedi
24th August 2003, 01:01 AM
hm..wish i could help you out, but I really haven't been really up to date in a long time.. Maybe you just need to work on it a bit. apprentice? I'll need a patch though=\
aim
Jedi90871777

Dark-San
24th August 2003, 09:43 AM
Lolz you need more practices. Basically I myself is outdated by 3 sets... I may need more practices then you do lolz!

Water Pokemon Master
24th August 2003, 02:02 PM
Well, if I understood your question correctly, you are asking to see what the strong combos are these days. For EX R/S, Swampert and Sceptile decks have been popping up all over my league. (of course, I was the first to use Swampert)

Swampert's power allows you to attach 2 energies to it. So, if you have Mudkip out on the first turn, attach an energy, then paralyze the opponent. Then, he can't attack and you won't recieve any damage. Next, you get a whole bunch of draw cards and eventually find Breeder or Swampert (if you didn't have it already) and attack 2 energies to it. Now, your opponent can attack you though I doubt he will be able to do 110 damage just on the 2nd turn. Finally, you get the last water energy, then bang bang bang, 50 damage, opponent is asleep.

Sceptile's first attack is very useful since it can do a lot of special conditions to the Defending PKMN, which is some what of an annoyance.

If you know a lot about Neo Genesis, I would highly reccommend a Feraligatr deck. I am not just saying this because I like Water PKMN a lot, it is just because it can be incredibly powerful. Here is my old Feraligatr deck:

Pokémon (16)
4 Feraligatr (3 Neo Genesis Riptide, 1 Holo Expedition)
2 Croconaw (Neo Genesis - Sweep Away)
4 Totodile (2 Neo Genesis Fury Swipes, 2 Expedition Double Scratch)
2 Qwilfish (Neo Revelation)
2 Articuno (Fossil)
2 Cleffa (Neo Genesis)

Trainers (29)
4 Professor Oak (Base Set)
4 Pokémon Breeder (Base Set)
3 Computer Search (Base Set)
3 Gold Berry (Neo Genesis)
3 Misty's Wrath (Gym Heroes)
3 Warp Point (Gym Challenge)
3 Seer (Aquapolis)
2 Super Energy Removal 2 (Aquapolis)
2 Secret Mission (Gym Heroes)
2 Trash Exchange (Gym Heroes)

Energy (15)
15 Water Energy

For Rocket, you can use a Dark Blastoise deck. When Dark Blastoise is at it's max with this deck, it can have 90 HP with Rocket's Hideout and be able to do 70 solid damage with 4 water energy or it can do 40 with 3, though it recieves 10 damage. But, with the second attack, if you flip heads, no damage can be done to you on your opponent's turn. Here is my outdated Dark Blastoise deck:

Pokémon (18)
4 Squirtle (Legendary Collection)
2 Dark Wartortle (Legendary Collection)
4 Dark Blastoise (Legendary Collection)
2 Suicuine (Neo Revelation)
2 Tyrogue (Neo Revelation)
2 Cleffa (Neo Genesis)
2 Qwilfish (Neo Revelation)

Trainers (24)
4 Professor Elm (Neo Genesis)
4 Gold Berry (Neo Genesis)
3 Pokémon Breeder (Legendary Collection)
3 Double Gust (Neo Genesis)
3 Focus Band (Neo Genesis)
3 Bill (Legendary Collection)
2 Rocket’s Hideout (Neo Revelation)
2 The Bosses Way (Legendary Collection)

Energy (18)
15 Water Energy
3 Dark Energy

Or of course, you can use Blastoise's Rain Dance power to pump up some of the BBP.

Roarkiller
24th August 2003, 08:46 PM
I was looking forward to cards from aqua onwards. Yeah, heard of sceptile and swampert (both easily countered).

And oh, i hate gatr.

DarkBlastoise
24th August 2003, 09:29 PM
hmmm, I prefer Rocket Tackle Dark Blastoise over Hydrocannon DB, but Rocket Tackle DB is dead cuz of the crap Nintendo Rules -_-

Personally, I want to try my hand at a Sceptile deck, but right now I run Scizor (the pinnacle of the current Ne-On format) and Omastar from Skyridge

well Roar, if ya want to compete in official tournies and stuff, youd have to use Ne-On (until Nintendo decides to screw with us some more) the main Ne-On pokemon decks are:

- anything AQ Scizor oriented
- Blaziken/Camerupt
- Dark Croconaw
- Kingdra
- Gatr/Cect (Feraligatr and Parasect)
- Swampert

and thats pretty much it

Water Pokemon Master
25th August 2003, 12:34 AM
And oh, i hate gatr.

ROARKILLER!!! WHAT HAVE I SAID BEFORE ABOUT TALKING MEAN ABOUT WATER OR ICE-TYPE PKMN!!!!! FERALIGATR IS VERY POWERFUL AND SHOULD NEVER BE HATED!!!! IF YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST FERALIGATR, YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAINST ME!!! DOES ANYONE WANT TO SEE WATER POKEMON MASTER BEGIN TO BUBBLE WITH HOT WATER?! :)

Yeah, anyways, DarkBlastoise mentioned Scizor. With that, you can combine Promo Lilypad Mew (if it is allowed) to stall with it's power while you power up your PKMN. Aquapolis Espeon can also be used to do heavy damage. Also, with four steel energy attached to Scizor, you can kill the opponent and they can do little damage to you.

Roarkiller
25th August 2003, 04:54 AM
I hate hatr.

I hate gatr.

I hate gatr.

And i aint gonna join any tourneys. The place dkyouth mentioned played sucky, with raindance ruling the place, and hell they played w/ no weakness and resistance, one of the bases of strategies.

Water Pokemon Master
25th August 2003, 06:32 AM
While you are waiting for the below image to load . . . What did they say about Resistance and Weakness? Are they saying that they don't play using them? If so, what wierdos/cheaters.

Here is what I have to say to RK: Oh yeah, it is animated so you have to wait a few seconds for it to start moving vigourously:
http://pokebeach.topcities.com/other/ferrules.GIF

DarkBlastoise
25th August 2003, 02:46 PM
dude, quit obsessing over the man's opinion, just cuz he says Gatr sucks doesnt mean it does in your mind, but then again he may in fact, have a point

and about the players playing with no Weakness/Resistance seriously need to be slapped

Lilypad Mew was out lawed...oh, I dont know, LAST YEAR with the rest of the # whatever it was promos and down

personally, attaching 4 Metal to one Scizor aint the brightest move, normally 2 will do it, (coupled with Power Charge in case it dies) and basically Scizor has become the Slowking of the new format, or in otherwords, a card that can accompany ANYTHING (that runs well with Steel)

Water Pokemon Master
25th August 2003, 03:51 PM
For the Metal Energy thing, I was just using an example. For Lilypad Mew, it is still used in many, many decks at my league. It's power is incredibly powerful and is good to use for stalling so you can power up. And for Feraligatr, we are just arguing over it for fun. I really am not insulted. It is just fun to yell and scream at times for me.

Dark-San
25th August 2003, 09:22 PM
Watever.... doods. Anyway Roakiller just use your deck of hell to trash the living hell out of them....

There is no need to argue and having thoughts of using a MMMF deck....