PDA

View Full Version : When Misty comes back....

Dragon_Claw
24th August 2003, 06:29 AM
What Pokémon will she have. Some say only Togepi, but then she wouldn't be able to fight unless it evolves. Then Politoed, but that's an third evolution. And I can't picture her without Psyduck nor Togepi

Mikey
24th August 2003, 10:37 AM
I hope she'll bring Psyduck, Togepi, and Politoed. I could see not taking Corsola.

BenRG
24th August 2003, 11:30 AM
A lot depends on how long Misty will be travelling with Ash, May, Brock and Max. If this is a brief cameo (like Richie in the Baby Lugia trilogy), then she will probably have her full Johto team; that is: Staryu
Psyduck
Goldeen
Togepi
Politoed
CorsolaHowever, if she is going to become a permanent part of Ash's travelling group for Houen, she will probably do the same thing as Ash and come with only one fighting Pokémon, so she has space for Ru/Sa water-types.

The title of the return episode establishes that she will definately have Togepi with her. Furthermore, there is a slight possibility that Togepi will evolve into a Togetic during the episode. However, she will also have a fighting Pokémon (as Togepi, at the outset, will still be a baby). I guess that it will be eithe4 Corsola, who is a definate favorite of hers, or Staryu, who has been with Misty from the start.

Kool Dudy
24th August 2003, 11:55 AM
It's possible if Misty just brings Togepi back when she arrives to Hoenn. It might leave some space for her to catch some new pokemons. The rest of her pokemons will probably stay at the Cerulean Gym with her other sisters.

BenRG
24th August 2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Kool Dudy
It's possible if Misty just brings Togepi back when she arrives to Hoenn. That is unlikely as Togepi isn't a fighting Pokémon. The only aggressive move it knows is Metronome, and that is highly unpredictable to say the least (as Whitney found out to her discomfort). While Togepi may evolve, I think that Misty would bring at least one other Pokémon with her to do the fighting.

Pezz
24th August 2003, 01:24 PM
I see Misty bringing Togepi, Psyduck, and either Staryu or Politoed. She could bring Corsola, but I dunno...

I can't see Misty leaving Psyduck behind. Maybe she tries to, but he ends up following her anyway or she brings him. Plus, I think Misty is definately getting serious about training Psyduck (she is teaching him how to swim XD) and part of it is just I don't want to see Psyduck leave. Maybe those will be the only two, but I dunno. I can't see Misty brining only one Pokemon though.

Chris 2.1
24th August 2003, 01:59 PM
I think....well....probably Togepi and Corsola. Lets look at her whole team:

Psyduck - Although she may love it deep down, you can't help but feel this critter certainly won't help her when she's travelling protection-wise.

Politoad - As I was disgusted to find out, she finds this thing annoying. She WILL leave it with her sisters, but I want it to come along! It's too good!

Staryu - A possibility.....I dunno really, I'm kinda sick of it, but it's like an Ash-Pikachu bond here, AND it's obtainable (Although, Brock-Foretress....)

Goldeen - I think Johto taught us that it's half mistreated (LOL) and half unable to fight on land. Although I hear Hoenn's more aquatic...so you never know!

Corsola - Yep, I think, like Brock-Foretress, she's kinda fresh and cool, as well as being Obtainable.

Also, does anybody else think the title is really cool? Its Mystic and whatnot, I'm sure Misty will return in her brand-spangling outfit from that Radio episode ^^;;

Also, MAYBE Misty changes after S12 and goes to Hoenn with Casey and Tracey? Or just Casey?!

pikasaiyan
24th August 2003, 02:47 PM
who knows who misty will bring we will have to wait n find out, there is horsea and starmie too, she hasnt been with them for a while

Black Skull Dragon
24th August 2003, 06:21 PM
I think Misty will have these Poke's with her when she goes to Hoenn:
Togepi <obviously>

Psyduck- I can't see the Sisters using poor Psyduck in the Gym, so what choice does Misty have but take it with her?

She might even catch Wailmer for Surfing purposes <to Mossdeep City, Sootopolis, and Ever Grande>

Did Tracey go to Hoenn? Can someone fill me in here?

Chris 2.1
24th August 2003, 07:17 PM
BSD: We only know Misty is returning due to the title, so weather Tracey is with her is unknown. People are already speculating she'll have her own journey with Casey & Trace, but I doubt it, as Casey is competing for Kanto if she's at the Gym, and Tracey will need to look after Ash's Pokemon.

Osiris
24th August 2003, 08:19 PM
For Sure,

She Will Bring:

ş Togepi --> Cos' of The Title.
ş Corsola --> Cute Factor.
ş Psyduck --> Cos' Comic Relief

geoff
24th August 2003, 08:53 PM
Hmm... what Pokemon will she have.

With Her Initially:
-Togepi: YES (obviously)
-Staryu: NO (I just don't like it =P and it's pretty... old)
-Psyduck: NO (the gag got old)
-Corsola: NO (Used too much in Johto anyway)
-Politoed: NO (she doesn't much like it... *tear*)
-Goldeen: NO (never uses it, purely aquatic)
-Horsea: YES (C'mon, she loves Horsea!)
-Starmie: NO (see 'Staryu')

So that's Togepi (who better evolve) and Horsea (who should evolve eventually).

Gained Through Travel:
-Surskit: It's perfect for her, as it is rather ironic
-Wailmer: It's a pretty popular Pokemon, and it's sorta cute

Other Methods:
-Lotad: Okay, you're probably thinking I'm crazy. But Brock never uses it! And having two trainers with two (or more) Water Pokemon is just stupid. Maybe he'll think Misty will handle it better.

Final Roster (Unevolved): Togepi, Horsea, Lotad, Surskit, Wailmer

Final Roster (Evolution Included): Togetic, Seadra, Lombre, Surskit, Wailmer

Black Skull Dragon
24th August 2003, 11:47 PM
I disagree with Misty getting Surskit. Why? Misty......hates.......BUGS!
Well, scratch that, she may think that this certain bug type is cool. But I think she should get Luvdisc and Wailmer, definitly!
Lotad/Lombre: No, because Brock already has Lotad. It would be cool if he eventually evolved into Ludicolo!

EDIT: Instead of double-posting, Ill just edit! It just occured to me, but Ash gave Misty his old hat, right? Maybe she'll come back wearing it!
Bleh, I'm making a big deal over something small.....

BenRG
25th August 2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Black Skull Dragon
Ash gave Misty his old hat, right?Wrong. That was a common rumour, especially amongst us PokéShippers, but our agents in Japan confirmed that this didn't happen. It is a pity that it didn't, but it didn't.

Pezz
25th August 2003, 12:08 PM
Awww...that would have been cool if Ash gave Misty his hat!

Anyway, when did Misty say that she didn't like Politoed? It always seemed like she liked it a lot, like in the episode where Politoed is in the ceerleader thing and Misty wants it back and when he watched one of Ash's battles. Or maybe I am imagining these things...

Of course someone at another forum pointed out to me that the episode says something about illusions. Maybe Misty will be just an illusion?
*gulps*

Gravy
25th August 2003, 12:21 PM
Anyway, when did Misty say that she didn't like Politoed? It always seemed like she liked it a lot, like in the episode where Politoed is in the ceerleader thing and Misty wants it back and when he watched one of Ash's battles. Or maybe I am imagining these things...

Well, I always believed Misty and Politoed's relationship was similar to Psyduck's relationship with her. It annoys her at times, yet she still cares for it...or summinc like that.

I disagree with Misty getting Surskit. Why? Misty......hates.......BUGS!
True, but she didn't mind Heracross, Scyther or Butterfree. And for some reason, she didn't have anything against Tracy's Venonat. Besides, Surskit is *ahem* a cute bug type afterall, so if she is going to be around for a while, I think it may be likely she'll catch one.

Anyways, I think that Misty will be travelling around on her own for a set amount of time, before joining Ash-tachi, meaning we could have a kind of 'Misty's misadventures' thing going on for a while. Obviously, Togepi will be with her, so I think she'll either be taking Corsola, Psyduck or Politoed, which seem to be the obvious choices.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:54 PM
Well, since Misty is coming back, finally! YES! Here's what I think.

Staryu - Stays at the gym. After all Misty's sisters are going to battle now that the gym is busy again.

Starmie - Same. It's a good battler, and it's also good for the shows.

Horsea - YES: It's coming with her. It is her favorite Pokemon, and I'm sure she'll bring it.

Psyduck - YES: She says that she'll bring it to Hoenn so it can practice swimming.

Togepi - PROVED: YES: She has to bring this guy, and it is proven that she is because of the title, though it may leave.

Politoed: No, she'll leave this guy at home. She wants a good Pokemon to help her sisters.

Corsola: YES: She loves this guy, and it does need more experience.

Solrock'sGift
10th September 2003, 07:41 AM
I don't think she'll take Horsea, it needs a big pool to swim in, right?

I hope she takes Starmie, we haven't seen it battle since way back in Indigo... Plus, now that trainers are actually teaching their Pokes new attacks, it would be amusing to watch Misty teach Starmie Psychic or Confuse Ray...

Finally, what will happen to Gyarados? Technically, doesn't it belong to the League?

Light_Togetic
11th September 2003, 12:16 PM
She'll have to bring Psyduck, that's totally a given. It's always doing something stupid in the specials, so I'm sure it will win its way into going to Hoenn.

As for Horsea, I certainly hope she brings it. It never got much spotlight time, and it would be cool if it ever fully evolved into Kingdra! ^^

Togepi's also a given, but since it might leave her, or never battle, it really shouldn't count.

Personally, I think that one or two pokemon is way enough for her to bring. Ash only brought Pikachu, Brock only brought Forretress, and Team Rocket only brought... Wobbuffet. Poor James.

I kinda wish she'd bring Staryu though. It is one of her signature pokemon from the games.

Zak
13th September 2003, 12:43 AM
Don't forget, in one of the Misty Specials, she acquired a Seaking (seperate from her Goldeen) AND a Gyarados... so there's a pretty good chance she may take one of those. I hope Seaking... since she never uses her Goldeen anyways.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
15th September 2003, 02:29 PM
when watching Movie3, and when Goldeen was out I was like 'YAY! beat that old shrimp!' and it got butwhupped! Poor thing never shone....even in its debut, it just flopped around...

Maybe if she took Gyarados she could use him/her as a boat slave, XD and solve that problem ^^

Although if she gets a new Pokemon, id love to see her with a...Lanturn or a Gorebyss.....(sigh)

Jamesology101
15th September 2003, 06:01 PM
Gorebyss would be interesting for Misty, especially if the show stays true to its Pokedex entry. Let's see Kids WB explain that to the children!

I'm betting she brings just Corsola and Psyduck (and Togepi, of course, but it doesn't really count). She can't bring more than two Pokemon with her as it doesn't gel with the whole "starting over" theme they seem to be following, and both Psyduck and Corsola are amphibious, which we know they like in Waters. And, unlike the starfish, Corsola is a fairly recent capture and Psyduck is amusing. Well, sometimes.

I can't explain why I don't think she'll bring Politoed.... probably because it's not an RS Pokemon. I know that doesn't exactly follow, since Brock brought Forretress, but still.... Politoed doesn't look right as her only reliable battling Pokemon.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:29 AM
To tell the truth, Togepi may leave in the upcoming episodes, so in all honesty, she may bring an extra Pokemon, because Togepi may not stay for AG.