PDA

View Full Version : *~*~Poll: LOTR DVDs~*~*

aragornbird
26th August 2003, 04:56 PM
YAY! The Two Towers DVD is finally out (in America), the Extended Edition will follow in a few months, and Return of the King won't be too far behind after that. So the poll questions are:

1. Did you buy/rent the FOTR DVD last year?

2. Did you already buy/rent the TTT DVD today? If not, will you be getting it anytime soon? Why or why not?

3. Will you be buying/renting the Extended Edition of TTT? Why or why not?

4. Will you be seeing ROTK in theaters, wait until the DVD, or both?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Answers:

1. Yep, I bought both the Theatrical version and the Extended one.

2. Nope...:(
I hope to get it as soon as I can, I'll just rent it from Netflix and keep it until November.

3. Yes, most definitely buying it. FOTR EE greatly improved in quality, and I can except the same from TTT. I can't wait to see all the extra scenes and the best thing is, it comes around my birthday! :D

5. Both! Well, of course, seeing it in theaters first, and then waiting for the DVD.

Lady Vulpix
26th August 2003, 04:59 PM
What about the people who, like me, don't have a DVD player?

I think that answers all of the questions for me, but I watched both movies on the theater and I'm planning to do the same with the third one.

aragornbird
26th August 2003, 05:02 PM
What about the people who, like me, don't have a DVD player?

Oh yeah...well, simply replace DVD with VHS. Although LOTR is most definitely made for the DVD world.

Pichu
26th August 2003, 05:17 PM

No, my friend lent his to me.

2. Did you already buy/rent the TTT DVD today? If not, will you be getting it anytime soon? Why or why not?

I just rent it today. :yes:

No... I already read TTT (the book) a few dozen times :O and its all in my head. *heh heh heh*

I'll catch it in DVD as usual. ;)

PS: One reason not to buy LOTR DVDs.... it cost $50 to buy the set!!! Not worth it :no:

Gligar_Man
26th August 2003, 06:07 PM
1. no

2. no

3. no, cause it sucked

4. no, heres how this experience went for me... i saw first one, supposabley huge blockbuster & whatnot, so me, being someone who likes to go to the movies, gave it a shot, the first one was boring, then the previews for the second one promissed it was all out excitement & had alot of action, i asked someone whod read the book, he said it was one of the more active books, so i decided id go see that, give it another shot... it was boring, 15 minutes of action, 2 hours of wanderring around in the woods & cheap easy drama, i will not see the third one...

no offense to those of you who like this, whatever floats your boat...

Chikoo
26th August 2003, 06:52 PM
1. I rented the movie.
2. I bought the DVD today. :] I haven't seen it yet.
3. No because I saw the extended version of the first movie and it was teh long. *yawn* ;)
4. I have no idea. Maybe both. I'm not really a big fan of LOTR. ._.

Crystal Mew
26th August 2003, 07:29 PM
~*1. Yep, my family is kind of a....LoTR freak. All of us o_O; my parents loved it when it first came out....yep, my parents always used to tell stories to us about stuff in LoTR :') memories. Oh yeah, back on track .-. of course we bought it! plus the vhs, and the special extended one.

~*2. Yep...lol. After school, rushed to go buy the DVD. =)

~*3. eh...probably. because my family likes it so much..and the last one was really cool.

~*4. Both. I am SO dying to see what happens, no I don't read the books...and so yeah...can't wait!!! and heck ya, we'll buy it for sure =>

kainashi
26th August 2003, 07:39 PM
1. i bought it.

2. definately will be buying it soon. it ruled.

3. i dunno. depends on how much cash i have. ;)

4. i'll be seeing it and i'll be buying the dvd. :>

DarkTemplarZ
26th August 2003, 07:59 PM
1) No, saw too much of it on Starz, Encore, TNT, every other movie channel. They still play it all the time

2) I'll probably rent it within a week or so. They're probably all out of the DVD's anyway

3) Doubt it

4) Probably theater, then DVD if I really like it

Razola
26th August 2003, 11:03 PM
1. My dad both the first DVD, then found out about the extended one. He was upset, but my dad is a DVD fiend. I had to convince him to hold out for TT extended.

2. We're holding out for extended, like I just said. If someone has the DVD, well, I'm not going to to refuse to see it. But my family won't be spending money on TT until extended is out.

3. Buying. 30 extra minutes, DTS sound (my dad the audiophile is crazy about our fairly new Surround Sound system). I'm the guy who will watch all the extras. I actually sit down and watch every Simpsons episode without and then with commentary. Though most commentaries suck (but Simpsons is an exception).

4. Unlike Gligarman, I enjoy entertaining my intellect in a movie. You can do fancy explosions in any movie, but LotR is doing a damn good job of bringing the books to the silver screen, without falling into the detail-mania that the Harry Potter movies have. And the last installment is Pete Jackson's favorite, and it's hard to imagine anything better than the first two...except maybe a kickin' Hobbit movie. My favorite book.

Craig
27th August 2003, 01:43 AM

Bought it the day it came out o.O Never got the extended one though, its like Starwars Special Edition, SCREW THAT. If it was meant to bein the movie it would have been, but I did rent the extended.

Yeah, I got it really early this morning ; ) Sean Astin's short film is crazy! LOL

no..for reasons I said in#1, and plus my friend is getting it like he got the extended edition, so I can just borrow/rent it from him.

Midnight showing ;)

Master Rudy
27th August 2003, 01:47 AM
Well I didn't see it on DVD since I didn't have a PS2 at the time. However I did rent the VHS to see if it was just another decent movie or nothing but hype. I wound up enjoying the film greatly ^_^

Pre-ordered Two Towers on Sunday night and picked it up today. Hopefully I'll have enough time to watch it before work tommorow.

While I've never been big on getting mutiple versions of a film (EX-Buying the SE Star Wars Trilogy VHS set when I already had the originals)I think that the DVD format has changed my opinion on the matter. How many James Bond fans with the first 19 on VHS plan to buy the whole thing again on DVD? However that's off topic isn't it? ^_^;
To answer the question yes I am planning to buy the EE of The Two Towers. Not only am I curious to see what was added but I'm also curious to see what the exclusive special features are. FotR EE had exclusive features not on the original and I expect TTT EE to do the same thing.

You guys are crazy if you think I'm going to wait an entire year for the DVD to see how the story ends (I've never read the books). Provided I can get into the theater I'm going to go see Return of the King on the first day! ^_~

Kool Dudy
27th August 2003, 05:12 PM

Yep. I watched it in the movies and bought the DVD.

I'll be buying it sometime this week.

The hell is the extended edition....?!?!?

No doubt about tat...I will...buy it on DVD. :D

Wolfsong
27th August 2003, 05:27 PM

Yes, I bought it the day that it came out.

I pre ordered it fro movie gallery so that i would definately get it. I enjoyed the movie. It had nice scenery great action sequences, and great actors.

It depends i might rent it if the video place has it otherwise i won't. I like seeing the extra footage, but if i already have the movie unless i get it as a gift i won't be spending my money to get another copy just for the extra features.

If i'm able, I'd like to go see it. And i'll also probably end up getting the dvd.

Mikey
27th August 2003, 08:07 PM
1. Saw Fellowship in theaters just after release. Bought it on DVD the day it came out. Loved it, great movie. Have the Extended Addition too, a little long but fun.

2. My mom bought it yesterday while I was at my firs day of school. Came home and watched it. Watched it today too. :p

3. Most likely, geeze the normal version seems long, this edition will kill me!

4. Read the books so I know what happens, but I definitly can't wait to see RofK. Though I do not look forward to the ending! Poor *****! (can't type for spoilers :p) Otherwise, can't wait to see Shelob and the battle of the dead.

GreenShirT
28th August 2003, 07:05 AM

1) I bought it as soon as it was released.

2) I haven't bought this one yet, I intend to when I get paid. The reason being I am skint right now.

3) I assumed the extended version would be included on the DVD if it isn't I would wait and buy that version.

4) Does Kev like Oreos? HELL YEAH I AM SEEING IT IN THE CINEMA!! I will most likely buy it too.