PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Advanced Episode #317: Treecko's New Technique! Watmel Field's Bullet Seed

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 11:56 PM
Pokemon Advanced Episode #317: Treecko's New Technique!! Watmel Field's Bullet Seed!

Initial First Thoughts

Well, obviously, we can see here that Treecko learns a new attack, Bullet Seed. Finally, it won't only be using Slam and Quick Attack, it'll actually learn some nice grass type moves. I also hope that Treecko evolves in this episode, it might.

Screen by Screen Analysis of the Episode Preview

First, we see the usual red-orange background of Groudon stating the Pokemon of the day, and then we see Ash eating a watermelon and spitting the seeds out, we see Treecko do the same. We then see a Grovyle use a Bullet Seed attack on Ash, May, Max, Brock,and Treecko, and then we see a closeup of the Grovyle. We then see Meowth controlling a huge Cacnea mecha robot, and we see a whole bunch of black dots in the air, and Ash, May, Max, Brock, and some unidentified girl (prolly the girl who owns the Watmel Field) trying to get away from it. We then see that girl hold a watermelon in the air, and we see Grovyle battling Treecko. It looks like Treecko is using a Quick Attack, and we also see Grovyle use a Bullet Seed on Corphish, but we see fire surround Corphish and then Treecko protects Corphish or something. We then see Treecko using Quick Attack on Grovyle, and Treecko finally uses Bullet Seed itself. We then see the blue-aqua background of Kyogre.

Pic of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/041.jpg

A picture of Treecko using its new Bullet Seed!

Final Thoughts

Well, I guess Grovyle is the bodyguard of the Watmel Field, and that pretty much squashes the rumor of Treecko's evolution, but oh well, at least it learns Bullet Seed. This seems like a nice episode.

Until next time!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
29th August 2003, 02:09 AM
Nice to see you back in action, Hanada. Here is my translation for TVTOOKYOO's Pokémon AG prewiev page:

Kimori's New Technique! Seed Machine Gun Of The WaterMelon Field!

Satoshi and friends, who have finished the gym battle in Kinsetsu, head for Hajitsuge town for Haruka's Pokémon Contest. By a river on their way, the party finds a watermelon which has been drifting, pick it up and are going to eat it. However, a girl named Nacchi, who they think to be a watermelon thief, appears and attacks with Magumaggu and Juputoru!

Somehow, the party, who made a wrong guess about Nacchi, are invited to the watermelon field. Satoshi's group and Nacchi decide to have a Double Battle at a corner of the field. Anyway, in the middle of that battle, Team Rocket appears, trying to steal the watermelons...

Seed Machine Gun=Bullet Seed
Hajitsuge=Fallarbor
Magumaggu=Slugma
Juputoru=Grovyle

JazzJazz
29th August 2003, 02:29 AM
Whose fire attack is that we see corphish deflecting?

Gaborn
29th August 2003, 02:44 AM
Why would a person who is so protective over her watermelons want a fire pokemon around? That's just asking for trouble if you ask me (WHICH YOU DID!).

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 08:48 AM
Okay, I was correct after all! The girl with green hair we see in the preview is Nacchi, the owner of the Watmel Field, she's the one with the Grovyle and she has a Slugma as well. So, the fire attack that Corphish deflected was coming from Slugma, I think it was a Flamethrower.

But why she would have a fire type in a berry field is beyond me.

And that translation is great, thanks! =)

Chris 2.1
29th August 2003, 08:49 AM
The girl has a Slugma and a Grovyle:

However, a girl named Nacchi, who they think to be a watermelon thief, appears and attacks with Slugma and grovyle!

:yes:

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 08:53 AM
Well, because she has Slugma, we can't say that in AG, old Pokemon only appear for two seconds, this episode is centered around one (though it seems to concenrate on Treecko's and Grovyle's Bullet Seed more than it does on Slugma) but that's an improvement.

Gravy
29th August 2003, 11:27 AM
Is it just me, or do Watmels just look like normal Watermelons? Ah, the wonderful world of pokemon :rolleyes:
Anyway's, it sounds like a pretty interesting episode. I expect Treecko to consider this Grovyle as a sort of rival, and I can see the same sort of determination it will have as Pikachu did against Lt.Surges Raichu, which should be good seeing as these pokemon rely more on physical attacks rather than belching out hyper beams and unleashing waves or razor leaves.
Anyways, it sounds like an interesting episode. i'm betting that Treecko loses to the Grovyle, and Ash tries to teach it bullet seed by spitting out Watermelon seeds as an example :P
It also looks like Treecko and Corphish are going to learn about good ol' fashioned team work.
Oh, and the Cacnea robot is definatly one of TR's best mechas ;)

Pewter City Geodude
29th August 2003, 01:08 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Treecko learning Bullet Seed is cool, since it's a TM that a Poke learned right while we were watching (which is starting to catch on while they're in Hoenn...that's a good thing). But there are a couple bad things about it.

-Treecko already learns Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain naturally. I can't remember ever seeing those in the anime. Now the writers are just avoiding the issue by having it learn Bullet Seed instead.

-One of the reasons I really thought Treecko would evolve would be for it to have a good STAB attack in Leaf Blade, and for the writers to show it off since it's exclusive to Grovyle and Sceptile. But there's a Grovyle in this episode, and Treecko gets STAB Bullet Seed. Chances for its evolution don't look good right now unfortunately.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 01:12 PM
Actually, in the games, you get the TM for Bullet Seed right after Petalburg Woods, so it is much later in the game, I think you meant Route 104 North instead of Route 111.

Pewter City Geodude
29th August 2003, 01:27 PM
Who are you talking to?

JazzJazz
29th August 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
I expect Treecko to consider this Grovyle as a sort of rival, and I can see the same sort of determination it will have as Pikachu did against Lt.Surges Raichu

It's also similar to squirtle and that group of fire-fighting wartortle...

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
Who are you talking to?

Sorry, I thought you said that it's nice to see a TM that you can get in the game at this point. Sorry again.

DigiPokeMon
30th August 2003, 02:58 AM
I some info on Episode 317

Ash, May,Max and Brock meet the the bodyguard of the Walmel berries named Natchi and she has these following Pokemon:

Grovyle and Slugma

Bio info from SPP

BlueKecleon
30th August 2003, 09:53 AM
Did anyone actually ever say officially that they were Watmel berries? Besides Serebii.net, I mean?
They just look like watermelons to me....

Warp O
30th August 2003, 01:04 PM
Yea...but hey...this is the Pokemon world.

Looks like a good episode, but its really pathetic that Treecko is just now learning a grass attack. Hope to see it only get stronger.

Hanada Tattsu
31st August 2003, 06:43 PM
Well, technically anyways, Watmel berries are watermelons, I dunno, I guess we have to see the episodes to find out the truth.

BlueKecleon
31st August 2003, 09:07 PM
Well, even if they were Watmel Berries...you know that they will dub them into watermelons :rolleyes:

Zhen Lin
31st August 2003, 09:13 PM
Despite terminology used in the game? Well... It has happened before.

Hanada Tattsu
31st August 2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but there is such a thing as a Watmel Berry in the games, right? 'Cause if there is, it has quite a good chance of getting dubbed.

Gravy
1st September 2003, 06:54 AM
Hmmm..well, they do look exactly like watermelons, and we know how 4Kids usually operate. So, I think they'll just call them what they look like ie. Watermelons. I mean, they don't want to confuse the little kiddies do they? :rolleyes: Just look at what they did to onigiri....

Anyways, I hate bullet seed. I really do. All I really want to see is an absorbtion attack, not something that looks almost exactly like Bubble and Bubblebeam ¬_¬0 I imagine Treecko absorbing the foes energy through its fingertips, meaning it would have to grasp onto the opponent...meh :P

Hanada Tattsu
1st September 2003, 11:33 PM
The writers should somehow write Absorb into the anime, after all, since the anime has now gone digital, it would be much easier for the animators to incorporate absorbtion moves.

Pewter City Geodude
2nd September 2003, 12:41 AM
Am I correct in thinking that we have never once seen Absorb, Mega Drain, or Giga Drain in the anime? Or did Erika's Tangela use one of them?

Hanada Tattsu
2nd September 2003, 12:45 AM
No, we have never seen any of those absorbtion moves ever. Mega Drain, Absorb, and Giga Drain have never, ever been used before. I hope Treecko or Lotad first use them.

Chris 2.1
2nd September 2003, 11:14 AM
Lotad? DOING ANYTHING? Heh, pull the other one ^^

IMHO, Lotad is...motionless. I think it's used water gun once, and tackle, but I can't believe in the poor guy anymore. Mudkip is used more, and Foretress....EVOLVE LOTAD!!!!!!!!

Oh well, back to the assylum...

Zak
2nd September 2003, 03:07 PM
Actually, after going over a few AG eps, I believe Treecko uses Absorb, according to some trainers' commands. However, the Anime version of Absorb is totally different. It's not sucking life from the enemy. It's more of a defense counter, by ABSORBING an attack. You know how sometimes Treecko stands on its leaf? Or, sticks its leaf in front of itself and let the attack hit the leaf? That's ABSORBTION. The leaf ABSORBs the attack :)

Guess the animators decided to me a little creative :)

Oh btw, Hanada, Mega Drain HAS been used in the Anime. Mandy of the Indigo League's Golbat used it in "Round One, Begin!" :P

~Zak

AKA Pokemon Fan
3rd September 2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Actually, after going over a few AG eps, I believe Treecko uses Absorb, according to some trainers' commands. However, the Anime version of Absorb is totally different. It's not sucking life from the enemy. It's more of a defense counter, by ABSORBING an attack. You know how sometimes Treecko stands on its leaf? Or, sticks its leaf in front of itself and let the attack hit the leaf? That's ABSORBTION. The leaf ABSORBs the attack :)
Indeed, similar to how Jeanette's Bellsprout and Ash's Muk continually absorbed physical attacks in the first Kanto Tournament.

Oh btw, Hanada, Mega Drain HAS been used in the Anime. Mandy of the Indigo League's Golbat used it in "Round One, Begin!" :P
And judging by how it looks like Mega Drain is done in the anime it may explain why we've never seen it actually work. i.e Mandy's Golbat looked like it was going to sink it's teeth into Kingler and then drain its body fluids...:o Also there's that scene in the Ruins of Alph episode where we see a model of a Kabutops draining an ancient fish by stabbing its scythes into the fish's body...:o

Nikku-San
3rd September 2003, 02:42 PM
Though it would be nice to see Absorb as a non-physical attack, I think Bullet Seed fits Treeko quite well. ^^

*Goes off to eat a watermelon and use Bullet Seed*

SuperSonic
3rd September 2003, 05:18 PM
Those do look a lot like watermelons, we'd have to see the outside of the fruit to know which one it is. Watmel's are my favorite berries in the game, they look cool.

Yeah I can see why they wouldn't want to use absorb, mega drain, and giga drain, and leech life as well. Treecko needed a grass type attack, all he's been using is pound. Who knows they might animate absorb as just a green energy or something which treecko is drawing out of its opponent.

As for the episode, I think that girl and ash have a 2 on 2 battle. Slugma and Grovyle vs. Corphish and Treecko. That girl might attack Ash when he enters the field thinking he's a theif, but i doubt that match happens then, cause i think treecko already realizes Grovyle as a rival and sees bullet seed. Also, it seemed like a sort of strategy, Corphish is blocking the attack as Treecko goes behind him to get ready for bullet seed.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:04 AM
Can someone who has seen this episode please tell us if they are eating Watmel Berries or Watermelons in this episode? Thanks! =)

AKA Pokemon Fan
20th September 2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Can someone who has seen this episode please tell us if they are eating Watmel Berries or Watermelons in this episode? Thanks! =)
I beleive they are the same thing. From the screenshots they look just like watermelons just rounder than some.

Remember, they aren't called "berries," in the original games if I'm not mistaken. They are referred to as fruit.

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks, but in Ruby/Sapphire, in the Japanese version at least, I always thought that they called it Poroks, I dunno much about R/S, its too much. :D