PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best Pokemon in the game!!

jordan2009
27th December 2002, 08:07 PM
Who really is the best pokemon to you let em know the Pokemon I choose is the best is MewTwo who is the beat to you off any version names his attacks also!!

Mewtwo(150) Number 1
Psychic
Tunderbolt
Spore
Recover

Madelyn151
27th December 2002, 08:32 PM
mewtwo can't learn spore, except with gameshark/genie... gee, wonder how it got it.

mewtwo also isn't usable in rs yet. the single best pokemon in rs is... well, i dunno. there are a lot of really strong pokemon.

Chrisodeo
27th December 2002, 09:51 PM
According to stat totals, Rekkuuza is the strongest. (680)
According to moves, stats, and characteristics, Kyogre is best. (Spout, 670, In the Rain)
By move effects, Parasect and that Grass/Fighting are best, or anything that learns a OHKO. (Spore, OHKOs)
By type, Yamirami is best. (Ghost/Dark)
It's all subjective. :wave:

Scythemantis
27th December 2002, 10:00 PM
Because it's a given that they're the strongest, I don't think legendaries should even be allowed in "best pokemon" discussions.

Scizor Master
27th December 2002, 10:41 PM
Who really is the best pokemon to you let em know the Pokemon I choose is the best is MewTwo who is the beat to you off any version names his attacks also!!

Obviously you don't think periods and commas are the best buttons on your keyboard......:rolleyes:

Because it's a given that they're the strongest, I don't think legendaries should even be allowed in "best pokemon" discussions.

Good idea, let's post who we think is the best nonlegendary in R/S. My original pick would be Boomanda, but I'll have to look into it a little more before making a final decision.....

Red Angel
28th December 2002, 12:24 AM
2 words: define best...

Scythemantis
28th December 2002, 12:44 AM
Let's define it as whatever pokemon has generally good stats, type, and attacks. A good balance between all three aspects or at least two. Whatever pokemon is the most versatile and can take out a lot of others...

Chris 2.1
28th December 2002, 06:15 AM
i dont know much about R/S stats, but it we were going on for favourites, i'd be tempted to pikc Oosubame. I dunno why, he looks pretty cool is all ^_^;;, and with wing attack at level 13 as Subame, this guy would be a great catch in the games.

347Studboy
28th December 2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
Let's define it as whatever pokemon has generally good stats, type, and attacks. A good balance between all three aspects or at least two. Whatever pokemon is the most versatile and can take out a lot of others...

Well, it may not fit all of those categories, but my vote definitely goes to Heracross!

You guys done laughing at me yet?

Anyway, seriously, I'm quite fond of Bashamo, because of its high Attack power, and since it's a Fighting type, it can take Rocks without a problem. Now, if only it could learn Thunderpunch like Typhlosion could... but it can't. Oh well. My vote still goes to Heracross. ;)

Actually... now that I think about it, Heracross has one of the highest Attack ratings in the game. It remains the only Pokémon (correct me if I'm wrong) that learns Megahorn, the strongest Bug attack, and it has enough Special Defense to *maybe* survive a Psychic attack from even Mewtwo. So, it really isn't a bad choice.

Scizor Master
28th December 2002, 10:40 AM
I would agree with Heracross, but I mean the new ones from RS only. So even though Heracross is in this game, I only mean the new ones. And go by Scythemantis's definition. By the way, my Heracross EASILY survives Mewtwo's Psychic. Only gets me to middle yellow in health.

347Studboy
28th December 2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Scizor Master
I would agree with Heracross, but I mean the new ones from RS only. So even though Heracross is in this game, I only mean the new ones. And go by Scythemantis's definition. By the way, my Heracross EASILY survives Mewtwo's Psychic. Only gets me to middle yellow in health.

Really, it does? Sweetness. As for my vote, no Heracross? :( In that case, I guess my vote does (for now) go to Bashamo. I always did like the Fire starters. I would have voted for the Bug/Ghost guy or the Dark/Ghost guy, but talk about cheap....

P.S. - I still say it would have been fun to battle your team... I love a challenging battle, and I haven't had one in a good while.

Victreebong
28th December 2002, 11:00 AM
i've grown fond of weezing's advances in the game, and now he rival's muk. one weakness (and it's the obnoxious psychic one), learn's both shadow ball and sludge bomb, compatable with fire blast, painsplit, loads of versatility as far as moves go, isn't limited to being a hazer anymore, and there's always destiny bond/explosion for those who like eye for an eye. above average stats, great defense (which he doesn't need since he's immune to ground moves), plus immunization to toxic. and since he's underused in nearly all pokemon games, there's no reason not to try and use him now that they've increased his abilities.

and then there's skarmory which i wont even get into because it's so broken! no, it cant learn all the moves at the same time that it once could in GSC, but none the less, natural spikes and compatability with whirlwind/roar.... evil. im still trying to find the link on getting drillpeck and curse on it, that is assuming that someone's pokedex is accurate.

Chrisodeo
28th December 2002, 12:01 PM
Without a doubt, Kek-king is the best. Over legendary stats, equal to Kyogre and Groudon, only 10 points off of the Cheese Quartet. Only weak to one type, immune to one type, and learns great moves. Downside is that darn characteristic. But that can be fixed with Skill Swap in a 2-vs-2.

Onaicul
28th December 2002, 12:35 PM
I was thinking that Weezing was better now that it has the Float characteristic.

Personally my favorite type is Dragon, and It's strong too. Even though there's no final evolution single type dragon (which would be sweet) Dragonite, Boomanda, Kingdra and Furaigon are still awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only weaknesses for Dragonite and Boomanda are Rock and Ice.

The only weakness for Kingdra is grass, and Furaigon has weaknesses to Ice (4x right) and Grass.
Add that to all the stuff thats not very effective against them and you've got a fairly resistant pokemon. Again I didn't check the weaknesses so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Onaicul
28th December 2002, 12:38 PM
I forgot Chiritarisu in my last post. It too is only weak to ice and rock. Sorry any chiritarisu fans!

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Onaicul
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only weaknesses for Dragonite and Boomanda are Rock and Ice.

The only weakness for Kingdra is grass, and Furaigon has weaknesses to Ice (4x right) and Grass.
Add that to all the stuff thats not very effective against them and you've got a fairly resistant pokemon. Again I didn't check the weaknesses so please correct me if I'm wrong.

boomanda and dragonite also have a dragon weakness.

kingdra has no grass weakness, but has a dragon weakness. furaigon has a 4x weakness to ice, and a 2x to dragon.

Onaicul
28th December 2002, 12:47 PM
Thanks for correcting me. I don't know why I wasn't counting dragon. As for movesets I don't know if there any standard good movesets for any of those pokemon, especially now, with the new R/S moves. I would think a good move for any dragon type to have would be dragon dance/ dragon soaring (I've heard it translated both ways). It raises you're attack ans speed right?

GR-Gligar
28th December 2002, 12:57 PM
in response to Madelyn151, I believe Furaigon has a 4xICE weakness, not grass weakness.

Scythemantis
28th December 2002, 04:35 PM
YIKES.....I didn't think of Kekking being able to learn skill swap. I don't think a single one should be without it. That's really quite evil.

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by GR-Gligar
in response to Madelyn151, I believe Furaigon has a 4xICE weakness, not grass weakness.

oops. thanks. that was my fault.

and kekking CAN'T learn skill swap, i checked already. if it could, that would be too mothertrucking evil.

Scizor Master
28th December 2002, 09:13 PM
I don't like Kek-king. WAY too vulnerable against trapper Pokemon (you know, the accu,charm,para crap). With his attack every other turn, it's over if someone mean looks him and then starts up that crap

Chrisodeo
28th December 2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
YIKES.....I didn't think of Kekking being able to learn skill swap. I don't think a single one should be without it. That's really quite evil.

Well, he can't. But, if you're willing to sacrifice one monster to make another nearly unstoppable, like I would, then it's very simple. Go into a 2-vs-2 battle, and have one of your pokemon know Skill Swap. Target Kek-king, and use Skill Swap. Kekeke. (BTW, if you want to do this, the ideal choices would be Saanito/Kazam [Synchronize/Trance], Buupiguu [Hot Grease/My Pace], Pacchiiru [My Pace], or Samayooru [Pressure]) Its a shame Yamirami or Nukenin can't learn Skill Swap.

347Studboy
29th December 2002, 12:42 AM
Actually, Dragons are weak to Dragon type moves, too. So, Dragonite for example, is weak to Rock, Ice, and Dragon. Which is just as well, since hardly anyone uses Dragon moves... I do really like Dragonite though, now that I think about it. I always used Outrage with Bitter Berry. Well, that's just me. Yeah. Ahem.