PDA

View Full Version : Hi....I live in........uh.......where did I live again?

Dragon_Claw
7th September 2003, 10:43 AM
In what land do you prefer a fic to be?

DannyBoy
7th September 2003, 11:09 AM
I dont really care what place, I just think it is good to change things around and dont have it exact and stuff. Made up places can be good but sometimes they arn't that good but say if you do yours in Kanto, make it really intresting. There is so many places in the game that could be done or add things in like, other towns in between say Pallet and Viridian. So really anywhere as long as it is creative.

mr_pikachu
7th September 2003, 07:44 PM
Either of the last two. I think a made-up land shows an author's creativity with being able to create a vast setting, whereas a Pokemon-ized real place shows an author's ability to adapt a story to conditions that are already present.

MatthewKetchum037
8th September 2003, 05:06 PM
It doesn't really matter as long as the story is creative and well done. At least to me it is.

Dragonfree
10th September 2003, 04:45 PM
Made-up. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, real countries - they're just not as interesting to read about as something entirely new and fresh.

Orion
10th September 2003, 06:02 PM
I voted a made-up land.But actually,I like a mix of all.I like a lot to see Kanto,Johto,Orange Islands and Hoenn told in a different way.I also like new places with new stuff.Personally,I opted for a mix.My fic will contain Kanto,Orange,Johto,Hoenn and two new Lands:Jemm and Genji,which are a lot more to the north,where the ultimate Leagues take place,and the deepest mysteries of Pokémon are revealed.It doesn't matter if the place exists already,as far as you make it different and creative,such as adding new twists in the already existing lands.For example,the Anime has shown that Kanto has a lot more GYMs than the 8 Ash fought at.I got screenshots of the various badges,and found that apart from the 8 Ash battled at,there's 20 more.That's good for adding new twists,Cities and Leaders.As always,the important part is to make the old places interesting,with some hidden areas.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
5th October 2003, 09:16 AM
Pokemon stories get boring fast because they are so fake. So, you should either use a made up country or a real one and make seem as real as possible.... :wave:

Cyndaquil7
5th October 2003, 10:56 AM
I sort of like Houen and Kanto based ones because people know whats where, so you don't have to spend paragraphs describing places, and but then add little thigns that you call "secrets" and stuff that didn't happen in the anime.

But, you guys must remember in Kanto and Houen they said "you must beat at least 8 gym leaders." which means there are more then the game 8 in Houen =).

So I will write my new one about Houen.