PDA

View Full Version : Base 1st editions value?

Rekkuza
7th September 2003, 06:33 PM
I have a 1st edition Gyarados and Ninetales from base set 1 but I can't find any up to date price guides and neither of these cards are on ebay right now, does anyone know what these are worth or know where I can find an up to date price guide?

Razola
7th September 2003, 06:39 PM
Try the magazine Scrye. They have a very accurate and large list of prices, and they normally have larger lists for more prominent games (Magic, pokemon, yugi, etc.)

Rekkuza
7th September 2003, 06:52 PM
Okay, does anyone with that magazine know the value of those cards? It's just that it's been awhile since I kept track of prices and I'd like to know if the prices are up or down from what they used to be. And I went to the Scrye site but can't find an online price guide and I don't have a retailer nearby..

Roarkiller
7th September 2003, 09:21 PM
I dont trust price guides. Most ppl juz set their own price.

But false or not, u cant deny that any 1st Ed base set holo is worth quite a sum. Tho those 2 fetch a lower price than the more valuable cards, like say, chansey, mewtwo or hitmonchan.

Water Pokemon Master
7th September 2003, 10:10 PM
Unlimited cards would probably be 10-15 dollars. But, if you have the VERY first edition cards which was from the first print ever runned, you have a gold mine of probably 40-50 dollars each.

Rekkuza
8th September 2003, 02:36 PM
Pojo.com said the Gyarados is worth $60 and the Ninetales $18 but it hasn't been updated since 2002. Have prices risen or fallen since then?

Razola
8th September 2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
Unlimited cards would probably be 10-15 dollars. But, if you have the VERY first edition cards which was from the first print ever runned, you have a gold mine of probably 40-50 dollars each.

Really? That is very nice to hear.

And did the Dark Raichu ever take off? He was worth about $30 US 1st edition when the set came out. He's one of my more "rare" cards besides promos and misprints.

Tyranitar#248
8th September 2003, 07:36 PM
I'm hoping Pokemon makes a comeback atleast for a little while so I can sell my 1st edition base set for a mint, i am only missing one card and that is a Blastoise. I got the Charizard and everything.

Roarkiller
8th September 2003, 11:43 PM
Juz so u know, if u happen to remember a member by the name of mewX88, he got a whole raindance deck made completely of base 1st Ed, fully functional.

Now THAT has gotta be worth smthng.