PDA

View Full Version : 5000th post, plus a poll

Knight of Time
8th September 2003, 04:35 PM
Hi!

Last year when TPM became a vB, I didn't think I would get my 5000th post. With the doubts of the big plateau behind me, I am proud to announce that this is my 5000th post, thus making my rank "Master Trainer", that is, if I didn't have the custom rank I have now.

As such, the time has come for me to make a poll outside of GT.

When TPM became a vB, was there anything you didn't expect would be done (something that was done either today, or before today) in your life? Why or why not?

For me, definitely yes. I didn't think some of the games that returned to PCG (Goldenrod Tower, Pokemon Hangman etc) would return, but ever since they returned, I thought it was good that the returning games had better rules, not to mention I got jobs pertaining to some of those games (Goldenrod Tower, Hangman, PokeZoo Battle Tower). The old versions that were closed because of SPAM (the ones that have been revived with new rules) weren't as good as they are today (no offence to anyone here), and they were boring every once in a while (e.g. at the old Pokemon Hangman, I didn't win that many plushies).

Silver Ledian
9th September 2003, 03:15 PM
Hey, congrats Kyle on your 5000th post...it must feel good to be one of the few master trainers here at TPM :)

As for the poll:

I didn't think that I'd be as active as I am today because school had gotten tougher and I had just requested to be de-modded from PCG because it was a lot tougher back then. So yeah...I'm glad to still be active when I never thought I would have been!

The fact that games have invaded this forum is something I'd NEVER have expected but as times change, so do mods and their rules seem to be different than those in my day in this forum. So there's a lot more games, yeah - I don't like it though. So I guess that's a negative thing that's happened, IMO.

I never thought I'd have met more friends and yet I have loads more TPM friends than I had before. That's great!

So yeah, those are just a few of the things, I'm sure there's more but I can't remember them atm. ^^ Hope you get more replies...games are bumping the good stuff downwards :mad:

Mastermysterious
9th September 2003, 06:17 PM
Congratulation DarkPrince the Dark Knight for your 5000th post and above. It is quite an achievement to reach that many posts.

When TPM became a vB, was there anything you didn't expect would be done (something that was done either today, or before today) in your life? Why or why not?

The fact that games invaded PCG in more than 6 monthes but that was fair since polls were invading PCG before ^^;. The type of mods would explain it. We have now four mods involved in games.

I think it is all. I'll edit later if i have some other points to add.

Little_Pikachu
9th September 2003, 08:34 PM
Hey, congrats Kyle, you little spammer :)

I never expected Kevin to up and leave, never doing anything and refusing to give me another admin to help out :\ Cheers, Kev. You're a star (y).

Rambunctious Jamirus
9th September 2003, 08:42 PM
Congrats, Kyle. I'm almost to 6000 posts now...*gets whacked in the head*

What was so bad about the old Hangman? That's where I got most of my Plushies :D *again gets whacked in the head*

I actually didn't think I'd come back. I have the tendancy to leave for a long while and then come back for another go. I might again with school and everything but I think that I'll stay to complete the Plushie collection...and to finish my stories of course. Also the fact that Games now outnumber Polls and there are very few Clubs left. Poor Polls ;(

SupremeChampion
9th September 2003, 09:12 PM
congrats on the milestone.

truth be told, i never thought that shipping would come back after it was deleted.

~The Italian Stallion

Kirei
11th September 2003, 10:20 AM
Wow, congratulations, Kyle. As for the poll, I never thought I would meet someone from TPM, fall in love with them and nine months later be living with him!

RedStarWarrior
11th September 2003, 03:38 PM
Yay...like postcount matters.

Um....in my life? WTF do you mean? I didn't think anything besides that a vB is cheaper and easier to run than a UBB.