PDA

View Full Version : Marill Error

Water Pokemon Master
8th September 2003, 07:26 PM
In EX Sandstorm, two versions of Marill were printed. Both are EXACTLY the same, except that one has a one energy retreat, and one has no retreat cost. This is obviusly an error, so does anyone have an idea to which one should be used? I think the Marill with the retreat cost should be the only one allowed since it doesn't seem to be the kind of PKMN that would have no retreat cost.

Roarkiller
8th September 2003, 11:39 PM
Hmm? 2 types of marill? Oh, u mean like the base ninetales kind (the one w/o attack damage)?

Dunno, but i'll bet Nintendo will say tis the one w/ the retreat cost. Ask others who got marill, see which one they have. If VERY few got one of the 2 versions i.e. everyone else got the other, congrats, u juz got urself a rare misprint.

Water Pokemon Master
8th September 2003, 11:53 PM
Actually, when I went to the tourny, EVERY deck I faced used Marill, and they did not use a combination of the both, it was either one or the other. In other words, they either had it with the retreat or without. And I would say both were used equally, none more than the other.

Roarkiller
10th September 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
Actually, when I went to the tourny, EVERY deck I faced used Marill, and they did not use a combination of the both, it was either one or the other. In other words, they either had it with the retreat or without. And I would say both were used equally, none more than the other.

Well then, its a common misprint. Go ask Nintendo. Im still looking for their email address to ask bout the game outside NA.

hobbs
11th September 2003, 05:26 PM
This sounds more like the Dark Vileplume error. IMHO, it should work the same way too; play as is.