PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the service?

The Dark Master
9th September 2003, 01:36 AM
It pains me to posted a topic that will be considered S.P.A.M. and I don't mean to break the rules...but where is the service?

I see some towers and other stuff that is falling behind in schedule and I feel that ASB is heading towards the garbage bin.

Things don't done and some don't get much attention, I'd like to show for example:

-Approver tower:

Getting more approvers. I see only syberia doing most of the work and I bet its getting to be a bit of a burden having to be the only one taking the responsibility of getting all those people's sigs and pokemon approved so they can continue to play on.

-Business Tower:

Alright, this tower is kinda slow and not much activity but there's not enough work being put into the tower to take care of the people asking questions or asking for a business (One of which I'm trying too get).

-Gym Leader/Elites

I know we have some gym leaders and elites but wheres the list of them? There should a topic showing who are the elites and gym leaders are also showing there TM's and badges/medals and rules and regulations on how you become one.

-Events

Not really a concern but would it okay if we had fun stuff to do?
That tourney with silph co walking buying all those salvage balls was too harsh and complicated. It left out many people considering that is was too expensive and turned out to take to long. I wanna see more event tourneys or maybe even savenger hunts with prizes.
Although this isn't really something to complain about it's just something to think about and throw into the mix of making ASB fun.

Now, I don't see much of anything else to point out since I myself don't now how some of the other towers work like the bank, rules tower, ASB attack list beta and reffing tower since I don't really know how it functions and I myself don't know all the proper aspects for a true ASBer in knowing if a pokemon has a mouth or can combo a move with this move and if this pokemon is not weak against this type and blah blah blah.

What I'm trying to say here is, I wish to help ASB.
I want to DO SOMETHING.

I log on now and see no else on except for a few ASB battlers.

I got alot of free time on my hands considering my school time is very flexible and spend most of my time surfing the forums in search of something helpful to do. I on most of the time and I haven't seen the you mods on very much and to bring the fact up I haven't seen impereon since mid last month :confused:

Now I know you mods are getting more busy now school is out again but please, let me help. I got the time to do something constructive to make a difference in ASB, to make it fun.

Make me an approver, put me in charge of the business tower, have me make a topic on the GL/Elites, have me do something...anything PLEASE. :(

I can't sit here thinking nothing is getting done, this is the one things ASB lacks and has been in the past.

I don't wanna be banned for breaking the rules, all I want is a opportunity to brighten things up here...can you gimme a chance? :(

-Dark

conspiracy
9th September 2003, 02:40 AM
Here is my contribution to ASB, which I honestly think is not spam... yAy... :D

It pains me to posted a topic that will be considered S.P.A.M. and I don't mean to break the rules...but where is the service?
~This is an online message board... we have other jobs and lives that are more important..

I see some towers and other stuff that is falling behind in schedule and I feel that ASB is heading towards the garbage bin.
~I agree that the activity is going down... but it's not heading towards the garbage bin if we take the right steps to make this place better and more lively.

Things don't done and some don't get much attention, I'd like to show for example:

-Approver tower:

Getting more approvers. I see only syberia doing most of the work and I bet its getting to be a bit of a burden having to be the only one taking the responsibility of getting all those people's sigs and pokemon approved so they can continue to play on.
~I completely agree.. Syb is working hard approving. And I'm waiting for the new approvers to be announced.. it's been a very long time..

-Business Tower:

Alright, this tower is kinda slow and not much activity but there's not enough work being put into the tower to take care of the people asking questions or asking for a business (One of which I'm trying to get).
~Agreed... I like your tourney and think it'll be fun as long as the people participating are active...

-Gym Leader/Elites

I know we have some gym leaders and elites but wheres the list of them? There should a topic showing who are the elites and gym leaders are also showing there TM's and badges/medals and rules and regulations on how you become one.
~currently, the four mods are the gym/elites...If I remember correctly, TML is a GL and the other 3 are Elites

-Events

Not really a concern but would it okay if we had fun stuff to do?
That tourney with silph co walking buying all those salvage balls was too harsh and complicated. It left out many people considering that is was too expensive and turned out to take to long. I wanna see more event tourneys or maybe even savenger hunts with prizes.
Although this isn't really something to complain about it's just something to think about and throw into the mix of making ASB fun.
~I also agree with this.. just reading some of Imp's reffings made me confused even if I started from the very beginning... Molty's tourney is taking way too long also... I'm not participating in it, but I like being a spectator...

Now, I don't see much of anything else to point out since I myself don't now how some of the other towers work like the bank, rules tower, ASB attack list beta and reffing tower since I don't really know how it functions and I myself don't know all the proper aspects for a true ASBer in knowing if a pokemon has a mouth or can combo a move with this move and if this pokemon is not weak against this type and blah blah blah.

What I'm trying to say here is, I wish to help ASB.
I want to DO SOMETHING.
~good for you, have fun

I log on now and see no else on except for a few ASB battlers.
maybe because most of the people that battle here are sleeping when you are on.. just like me, when I'm on, there is usually only about 10 members browsing the whole board...

I got alot of free time on my hands considering my school time is very flexible and spend most of my time surfing the forums in search of something helpful to do. I on most of the time and I haven't seen the you mods on very much and to bring the fact up I haven't seen impereon since mid last month :confused:
~Yes Imp has been inactive, and no offense, but it seems as if you don't go out with friends as much as most of us do, seeing as how you spend most of your time on the board..

Now I know you mods are getting more busy now school is out again but please, let me help. I got the time to do something constructive to make a difference in ASB, to make it fun.
~good for you...

Make me an approver, put me in charge of the business tower, have me make a topic on the GL/Elites, have me do something...anything PLEASE. :(
~Why not ask to be a mod why'll your at it :)

I can't sit here thinking nothing is getting done, this is the one things ASB lacks and has been in the past.
~actually, in the past.. a LOT was getting done with nobody keeping track of moneys, type changers... GLs who don't deserve to be what they are. I'll admit that I just puuled money out of nowhere whenever I felt like it back then... and I won four badges doing so... but I was young and stupid then so dont kill me...

I don't wanna be banned for breaking the rules, all I want is a opportunity to brighten things up here...can you gimme a chance? :(
~I don't think you are breaking the rules, and I think this will help out ASB a little...

-Dark
-wynaut

Jay
9th September 2003, 10:26 AM
You need to realize that people have lives, and so do the moderators. They aren't robots, and they're doing their job under stressful circumstances enough already without people complaining about the activity of the towers.

The approval tower will be hiring new approvers soon, so he won't be alone for much longer.

How can the Business Tower be 'active' without people contributing ideas to Impereon? Of course he isn't going to spam there by himself to keep it active without ideas from others.

The gym leaders and elites are currently occupied in battles elsewhere. All you need to do is specifically challenge one of them, rather than saying you have a slot open for any GL and/or elite. They're usually identifiable by looking at the titles, 'Medallion challenge' or whatever.

Also, you must realize the moderators aren't robots. I am assumed that so often at PCG it isn't funny, and you're giving them the same treatment. They have lives, they go on vacation, they have computer trouble, etc. etc. Maybe you're on at the wrong time to see them online?

You make it sound as if the mods are slackers, or at least your wording by saying that nothing is getting done. If that were true, I wouldn't have the good outlook that I have on ASB. It's operational enough, and a few tweeks here and there could possibly improve it. Nothing is perfect.

Did you apply to be an approver? They won't give someone the position by simply asking and complaining that no work gets done, you need to earn it. Then they may ask you, considering they do not wish to open a thread to apply for a particular job.

Impereon may not be the most active, but he has reinforced a lot of the rules to be able to make ASB a great place with support. He doesn't neccessarily need to be 'active' to be able to keep ASB in place, ie. the ASB attack list beta.

I'm sure the mods and everyone else would appreciate your willing to help, but most of your points are considered invalid. Having a job in one of the towers isn't supposed to be a do, do, do! It's supposed to be a want and a will to update. I wouldn't work at any place I wouldn't enjoy, and I'm sure and I know that people are in this situation.

They're humans, lol.

By the way, you aren't online! You should be! Get online now!!!

Razola
9th September 2003, 11:50 AM
I agree with some thins stated. The approver tests were started late July, and I don't think its fair to Syb to be the only approver. he shouldn't have to be a one-man Approval Tower.

But we did get the sub-forums, which is a plus.

Businesses I've always seen as a dead-end. There's not a lot of services to offer in ASB, besides signature moves and pokemon. And the only difference between two businesses offering the same services wil be prices. Maybe some of the changes brought with R/S will change this.

I've never had an interest in Gym/Elite battles, so I can't really comment on this.

As for events, I think some tourneys are getting organized by regular members. Though you can also talk to a mod to see about getting one organized. And yes, that one tournament was far too exclusive for most members. Perhaps a way to keep numbers down, but that isn't very fair.

As for helping ASB, the approval tests were in late July, as said before. So you missed the boat there. But look around and above all, stay active. School is keeping a lot of people from being real active, but I'm sure by winter we'll see activity pick up.

Yumemiru
9th September 2003, 03:14 PM
I take full responsibility for the delay in getting new approvers in. I will try to get it all settled with Impereon tonight and/or tomorrow, if possible.

GL: The_Missing_Link
Elites: Impereon, Charizard04621, ASHarris

If anyone defeats either four of us in an official GL/Elite match, they automatically become a GL. This will work this way until all eight GL positions have been filled, then I believe it will work on some sort of point system.

Businesses: Perhaps Impereon has been busy. If he feels that someone else should work with him to help speed things up, that is entirely up to him as the Business Head. If that becomes the case, I'm sure he won't just appoint any person who wants to be there regardless of qualifications. There would probably be some sort of test people could fill out, similar to approver tests.

Events: Maybe when some of our personal lives 'slow down' a bit (school has just started for the majority of people on TPM, you know), we can talk about organizing some new event.

We have not and will never appoint someone as an approver or any other position of remote power just because they asked us to.

We'd also never ban someone just for speaking honest opinions like this.

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment as a suggestion for something you can and should do is: REF! Actively. I'm not saying that you don't, but that is and has been a big problem for our ASB and others. Ref, ref, ref, ref, ref. Hey, it is something to do. I'll let you know if I think of anything else once I've had the time to do so.

Now I go to write a description of each of the Pilgrims in The Canterbury Tales, draw a timeline of the developments of plasma membrane models, write a five-seven minute skit depicting life during the market revolution in an educating and entertaining manner, graph relative viewpoints of the celestial sphere based on various points on Earth, and complete other various school-related paperwork. All due tomorrow. Cheers.

And now my phone is ringing!

The Dark Master
9th September 2003, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry and apoligize if the way I worded things seemed offensive, I didn't mean to :( I have a problem in wording things and sometimes type/say something that people take the opposite of the way I mean't it but I agree the mods are doing a great a job, I guess it's hard for me to see it but I know they are doing the best that they can. =)

My hours are PST so I am on during the day, you just don't see me since I'm either logged off or logged on.

I understand that asking to be an approver for this reason was selfish but I kinda wasn't thinking it would happen...I sort of threw it in there trying to make a point -_-'
But I am a bit upset I missed my chance since that was the time I was moving.

I have friends and all but there back at my town, and the reason why I got more time on my hands is because I'm in a private indepent home school.

I'm trying to ref, I'm going through every single battle up untill maybe the 3rd or 4th page looking for a battle lagging behind.
and as far as the business tower, I now Imp get's very busy and I got a little impatient since I was waiting for an oppinion from him since 7-3-03 on a Tourney I was trying to come up with.

And thank ASHarris, I was stressing on who was a GL/Elite :o
I'm going to see who has a open slot.

I'm glad I'm trying to make ASB better. ^_^

Syberia
9th September 2003, 08:44 PM
And the moral of this story is... *goes off to do approvals*

EngiMatikul
10th September 2003, 10:41 PM
'ey, I think this happens every year around this time or so. I hear Imp is in college trying to get a degree in English and college work can be tedious, as well as high school work as I am going through... -_-;;

I wouldn't be surprised if Imp moved on with his life and forgot about us, though. It would be nice if he left a note, but hey, it could happen.