PDA

View Full Version : Two New Japanese AG Titles

Serebii of SPP
9th September 2003, 10:46 AM
Meh...whilst writing this I was attacked by Popups *uses Teleport*

321: Towards The Illusions! Togepi's Paradise!
322: Winstrate Family! 4 VS 4!

Looks like the Misty/Togepi thing is a 2 parter. Also the Winstrate family are featured

Light_Togetic
9th September 2003, 12:24 PM
Wow... a two parter with Togepi? Oh the possiblities... I really hope it actually battles in these episodes... Don't get me wrong, I love Togepi, but it really needs to battle.

And I like the Winstrate Family. I also like the fact that they're putting more of the game in the anime. Aren't they Steven's family? I can't remember, it's been so long since I've played Ru/Sa.

Chris 2.1
9th September 2003, 01:15 PM
Maybe togepi's paradise suggests it leaves, but the 2 parter sounds excellent, its got a really mystical anime feel to it. The winstrate family......meh, I'm not an r/s player, i'm oblivious to that :P If its a 4-4, maybe we'll see Taillow, or maybe depending on the last couple, Misty battles?

have a stammer
9th September 2003, 01:26 PM
i agree with Light_togetic nice to see the game playing a much bigger role in the anime.
A 2 parter? That's good and bad spread out the episodes story will be that much better however IF togepi does evolve its of course in the 2nd part by the title, which means another week of waiting.
And 4vs4 should a good sight to see it would be a mess of different pokemon battling it out. Wow drooling at the mere thought. So I assume it will be the 4 Winstrate Family members versus Ash, Brock, May, and Misty. Since mastao has no pokes he will probably referee.

And no the Winstrate Family's son is on victory road he looks like a cool trainer and is on the land atop in between the 2 waterfalls. Steven's dad is the owner of the Devon corporation.

Jamesology101
9th September 2003, 01:47 PM
It really looks to me like Togepi's probably going to evolve and leave then, probably with a load of other Togetic. Maybe with its parents or something. That'll be strange.

The Winstrate episode sounds like another dull battle. Yawn.

Fossil Kabutops
9th September 2003, 02:47 PM
I think most people forgot, but I hope that they will explain, how togepi's egg got at that fossil groove???? I hope they'll get us some info about that!

Mikey
9th September 2003, 02:52 PM
Yes this title does seem to suggest that Togepi leaves. I wonder how people will react to this if it's true. Togepi leaving is like Pikachu leaving, so who knows.

Winstrate, blah. A kid, two adults, and a g-ma. Maybe they'll make the g-ma cool!8)

God of Fire
9th September 2003, 03:56 PM
If Togepi leaves, it better become a Togetic first^_^ This two parter sounds rather intresting. If Togepi does leave (though we shouldn't be making too many assumptions) it'll be strange seeing Misty without it...

I kinda liked the Winstrate family:) This might be quite fun to watch.

have a stammer
9th September 2003, 04:20 PM
I think the Winstrate episode has a lot of promise. It's 4 vs. 4 that means all the entire Winstrate family (minus the son) versus Ash, May, Brock, and Misty. If each person uses 2 pokemon that would be 16 pokemon battling it out (that seems a bit much) or if they only use 1 per person that's still 8 pokemon in a battle at once. That means Brock would battle we would see either lotad or mudkip battle not to mention Misty's return we can see her pokemon. AND if the Winstrates have any pokemon that haven't been shown in the Anime yet that to is a bonus.

But on a down note this episode might be just Ash battling the four Winstrates which would be rather boring but at least Ash would use taillow.

It seems people are quick to judge an episode we know very little about. I guess compared to the 2 episodes before it (the misty togepi ep.) this one just can't measure up in others eyes.
Well, I'll be looking forward to all the episodes.

Laz-E-Boy
9th September 2003, 05:59 PM
Hate to be a downer, but I think it's going to be Ash against all of the family, rather than May, Brock, and Misty battling.

have a stammer
9th September 2003, 08:56 PM
yeah I was thinking that Laz-E-Boy, when I was writing my previous post I realized that and added that to my post that maybe Ash would be the only one to battle. When I had heard 4 vs. 4 I had assumed it was the more exciting idea that I had posted. But you never know it might turn out with Ash, Misty, Brock, and May all battling the family. who knows it's some episodes away so until then im going to be optimistic.

Animelee
9th September 2003, 11:09 PM
Let's see, we have the schoolgirl, mom, dad, and granny.

The girl'll probably end up being one of those "Wahhh, I lost!" kind of girls, so, in other words, a pushover. :D

I guess the mom and dad will be slightly stronger than the girl, and eachother (depending on who is to be battled first). Then, we have, most probably, the "biker" granny, who's "2 kewl" for the retirement home. She'll probably put up the actual challenge. Of course, since Brendan/May owns them in RS, it's logical to assume that she'll be owned, too, only to be "avenged" by the son of the family at Hoenn's Victory Road.

Hmm, well, since it's safe to assume Misty'll be coming back (see "Kasumi Fans" topic :D ), then we could see a 4 VS 4 battle, like you guys said. Let's see, now. I think it'd probably go like this:

May VS Schoolgirl
Misty VS Mom
Brock VS Dad
Ash VS Granny

If not, then it'll be fun to see Ash own the family. :D

Anyways, about the two-parter episode. I DO hope they explain how Togepi's egg appeared at Grandpa Canyon, back when Charizard evolved. Hey, you never know, maybe Togepi'll evolve, meet his parents, and telepathically, they'll be able to explain the whole story to Ash and the gang. :o

Nikku-San
11th September 2003, 03:21 PM
I really hope that by 4 on 4 it means 4 people battling 4 other people. :D

As for Togepi's origins, they really should explain that somehow, it would really add something neat to the back-story of Pokemon. My theory is that two Togetics got hitched and went to that cave on their honey-moon... But right after the mom layed an egg, they GOT EATEN BY DINOSAURS! Or maybe not.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:18 AM
Wow, thanks for the titles! Hmm, Togepi may indeed evolve and leave. Well, at least Misty stays! :)

And I hope Misty OWNS the Winstrates with her Horsea. :D

Laz-E-Boy
20th September 2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Wow, thanks for the titles! Hmm, Togepi may indeed evolve and leave. Well, at least Misty stays! :)

And I hope Misty OWNS the Winstrates with her Horsea. :D

Did she even bring Horsea?

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:34 AM
We dunno. We know she brings Togepi and Corsola, but we dunno about anything else. I hope she brings Horsea.

×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
20th September 2003, 09:14 PM
You guys have only seen these episodes because you live in Japan, right? Or am I just an idiot and have not been watching Pokemon lately and I've been missing these episodes (I live in the U.S.). :confused:

Laz-E-Boy
20th September 2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by ×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
You guys have only seen these episodes because you live in Japan, right? Or am I just an idiot and have not been watching Pokemon lately and I've been missing these episodes (I live in the U.S.). :confused:

Most of the people downloaded the episodes, and some read the episode guides.

JoeMan800
21st September 2003, 12:28 AM
Isn't Ash gonna lose to the Winsrates if it's him vs all those four trainers,and I think it's gonna be like that,in the game you have to battle the winsrate family until you beat all the members or until you lose in a match. Ash does only have a Taillow and his Pikachu,but Pikachu might be able to save Ash lol. Since Ash's Pikachu should be at a lvl of like 60-70 by then lol.

But I'd like it better if it was May,Misty,Brock,and Ash vs Winsrate Girl,The Mom,The Dad,and The granny. That would be a bit more interesting,8 Pokemon being out at the same time,plus the title did say 4 on 4,so It's probably gonna be like that ;). Can't wait to see the Winsrate episode,but we'll have to wait 40 eps until we can see it :(. That means at this rate since there's new eps every saturday. That means we gotta wait 8 months until the begging of the Togepi 2-Parter.

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2003, 09:45 PM
I dunno if you've been keeping up with spoilers lately, but Ash has his strongest, Pikachu, his fast Taillow, his powerhouse, Treecko, and his abnoxious but cuddly Corphish, all experienced. May has a Torchic, and a Beautifly, and Brock has a Forretress, Lotad, and Mudkip, while we know Misty is bringing Togepi (though it may leave) and Corsola, and maybe something else.

DarkMarowak
23rd September 2003, 02:55 PM
Hmm... sounds like interesting episodes. My guess is either Togepi's gonna evolve and/or leave the anime. That egg thing hardly contributed anything to the plot except for a few times, like the Houndoom episode and some movie specials.

I hope Misty brought Staryu and Psyduck along. I just can't see her without them. Of course, knowing the writers, they probably just stuck her with that stupid Corsola so it can beat up old school Pokemon. -_-'

The Winsrate family battle sounds interesting. Either Ash will use Pikachu, Taillow, Treecko and Corphish against them, or Ash, Misty, Brock and Haruka will each battle a family member. Here's hoping it's the second one.

BTW, did anyone notice the pun in the name of the Winsrate family? It sounds like, "win straight" as in to beat all 4 of them straight in a row. :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hanada Tattsu
26th September 2003, 01:09 AM
It has finally been revealed what will occur to Misty and her Pokemon in this episode! I am making an official topic for this as we speak. :)