PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Stump the egotistical bastard game.

Sir Chris
9th September 2003, 11:03 AM
Hi folks, tis me, the egotistical bastard that you all know and love. I am back and more egotistical than ever, ph33r.

I challenge you all to stump me when it pertrains to gsc battling, moves, and in battle situations

come on, haven't you guys always wanted to show me up? come on, you know you have! I mean really, I sit back and rate all your teams as if I am some God, I am SURE one of you wants to just shove my words down my throat, where here is your chance!

1 point for each answer I dont get, 1 point for me for whatever answers I do get, if I get them wrong, -1. So, who is gonna **** with the luck god today? :*

[McGraw]
9th September 2003, 12:49 PM
What is the volume of Electrode?

Answer in cm cubed to 3 significant figures please. Don't forget to state the formula and show all working.

X)

Green_Pikachu
9th September 2003, 03:28 PM
remember that time i beat you in kevin's field of 64 tournament? that was awesome.

Sir Chris
9th September 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by [McGraw]

Answer in cm cubed to 3 significant figures please. Don't forget to state the formula and show all working.

X)

Not related to the subject

GP- yah, how you screwed me over.

Pikachu101
9th September 2003, 04:56 PM
What is the Accuracy (in fraction form) of Fissure and Horn Drill?

Sir Chris
9th September 2003, 05:40 PM
its like 3/10 more or less.

SupremeChampion
9th September 2003, 08:37 PM
what's the % of seeing a shiney lugia.

~The Italian Stallion

Sir Chris
9th September 2003, 09:03 PM
I said battling, not in game crap I have long forgotten

:(

Kari and Mewtwo
9th September 2003, 09:22 PM
what was the old standard skarmory before curskarmory came around?

Sir Chris
9th September 2003, 10:17 PM
ohhh ****

Let me see, whirlwind, drill peck, rest,toxic@mint berry

I think thats right :O

Pokefan Stock
10th September 2003, 02:11 AM
:( I think I already brought your ego down a bit

K&M: If curse is the standard now, god help you ;[

hmm...

What should be the standard skarmory? :P

Dragon_Claw
10th September 2003, 02:34 PM
What are the best Walrein + Sceptile movesets? no breeding :P

Sir Chris
10th September 2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
What are the best Walrein + Sceptile movesets? no breeding :P

Does this look like r/s to you? ;o

Kari and Mewtwo
10th September 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Pokefan Stock

K&M: If curse is the standard now, god help you ;[

i said before curse becoming standard on skarmory. Obviously, curse is dead on skarmory. some see it now and then, but rarely.

anyways, i thought the old/first standard skarm was sandstorm/toxic/drillpeck/steelwing??

Sir Chris
11th September 2003, 03:38 AM
well, I dont know if that was the first, but you didnt ask me the first one..;o

Pidgeot
11th September 2003, 05:04 AM

X)

Volume of Sphere = 4/3(pi)r³
= 4/3 x (pi) x 0.595³
= 0.882m³ x 100
= 88.2cm³ (3·DP)

That seems wrong XD

GSC related question? If I go through the game from the start, battling everyone I possibly can, who will the 49th person be, how much money will I recieve from beating them, and if the level of their 1st Pokemon is divided by 2, in relation to the RBY numbering system, what Pokemon do we end up with?

o_o;

Green_Pikachu
11th September 2003, 10:37 AM
Lass Susie

350 pokewhatevers.

and the level of her first pokemon is 20, divided by 2 is 10, which gives us who the hell cares.

Poryhedron
11th September 2003, 11:54 AM
Caterpie.

Sir Chris
11th September 2003, 02:34 PM
wow gp, I think tat was grade A bull****, congrats.

Also, a note of interest, I will let kari have a point...since I guess I was wrong..

WHO ELSE DARES CHALLENGE THE GREAT EGOTISTCAL BASTARD

Pigeot-wow, sup dude, long time, no see.

Myth
11th September 2003, 10:19 PM
Who introduced the zap cannon espeon?

Who came up with the set sleeptalk,fireblast,crunch,pursuit for houndoom?

titandude21
12th September 2003, 12:14 AM

X)

Sphere: V = (4/3)*Pi*r^3
Electrode: about 119.38 cm (I'm assuming that's top to bottom)

V = (4/3)*Pi*(59.69)^3
V = 890826.948 cm^3

[McGraw]
12th September 2003, 10:21 AM
I said 3 significant figures so Titandude loses X)

Anyways, Chris, what is the EXACT probability of Max attack Machamp (358) OHKOing max def Blissey (118 Def/713 HP) with NON CH cross chop.

Neither pokemon has any stat modifiers and Blissey is at 100%. Machamp does not have black belt and don't forget to factor in accuracy (Blissey does not have brightpowder either).

Edit: disabled smilies =[

Bashaamo
12th September 2003, 11:50 AM
Heh, this is an interesting topic. I just wanted to ask a question about the Drill Peck/Steel Wing/Toxic/Sandstorm Skarmory. Do any of you know who first came up with that moveset? I think that was my Skarm... (I had a different name then, I think it was Kiwi Eevee at the time.) Anyway, I'll give you a cookie if you can answer my question. *waves the cookie in front of everyone*

Solution
12th September 2003, 10:22 PM
Who is credited with inventing healbelling at tpm(although it was most likely at other places first)?

Sir Chris
12th September 2003, 10:35 PM
lol, I am getting my newb *** owned badly.

I will say fish!

Green_Pikachu
12th September 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Solution
Who is credited with inventing healbelling at tpm(although it was most likely at other places first)?

xaron fisk

TheLocke
13th September 2003, 09:10 PM
Inventing heal belling? Well, if inventing is using a miltank, I don't think there is any way anyone could stake claim to that title.

As for rest belling, IMAP is credited with popularize the standard rest belling team.

Bob54321
15th September 2003, 04:52 AM
I'd say the nice people at Game Freak invented Heal-Belling....

Who came up with the set sleeptalk,fireblast,crunch,pursuit for houndoom?

Someone is very game using ST without rest...

Gligar_Man
15th September 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
i said before curse becoming standard on skarmory. Obviously, curse is dead on skarmory. some see it now and then, but rarely.

anyways, i thought the old/first standard skarm was sandstorm/toxic/drillpeck/steelwing??

being a participant in the 'og: skarmory' topic, it was steel wing, drill peck, toxic, rest @ mintberry, this was long before curse was even popular... and whirlwind was also slightly reccomended...
~edit: skarmory recognition came around slightly after everyone got out of that tss phase... (well tpms tss phase...)

if i recall it was xaron fisk who brought the idea of rest being healed by heal bell (and the obvious advantages, obviously...), but imap was the duder youd give credit for team wise...

anywhos, i gots a question, X) hahah, your so not stumped, X)

who invented the now standard gligar set?

Sir Chris
15th September 2003, 02:49 PM
Was it you? {/complete guess]

Green_Pikachu
15th September 2003, 02:50 PM
1. i still use curseskarm. SPNAK.

2. stadium 3 or whatever made standard gligar(made it possible for it to get quake AND wing attack). dont even dare saying yourself. ;P

3. G_M, why haven't you rated my almighty GSC team yet?

4. i said xaronfisk, which means i win.

Gligar_Man
15th September 2003, 02:51 PM
nope, im 99% sure it was felix

Green_Pikachu
15th September 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
nope, im 99% sure it was felix

how can felix invent a pokemon's standard, when there is really only one usable set for that pokemon? that's like saying you put transform on ditto, and voila, standard. maybe i'm taking it a bit too far, but Gligar is just one of those pokemon who are very limited.

Gligar_Man
15th September 2003, 03:06 PM
people didnt decide to even use counter on it for a long time, it was all random ss/toxic/rest, lol... they didnt have counter, rarely had screech... alot had return or toxic/ss...

skarmory has a limited movepool... but other movesets were used before curse, dp, ww, rest...

point is it was felix, hes like, hey counter/quake/wing attack/screech, X)... woo...

Green_Pikachu
15th September 2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
people didnt decide to even use counter on it for a long time, it was all random ss/toxic/rest, lol... they didnt have counter, rarely had screech... alot had return or toxic/ss...

skarmory has a limited movepool... but other movesets were used before curse, dp, ww, rest...

point is it was felix, hes like, hey counter/quake/wing attack/screech, X)... woo...

1. thats different. that ss/toxic **** was never considered standard, because gligar was HARDLY ever used, even on UU teams.

2. skarm has more of a moveset pool than gligar.

3. i used that gligar set on my very first UU team, like a week after stadium 2 came out, and we knew that it was possible to have a gligar like that. it's the ONLY possible set for gligar that works effectively.

4. rate my team, ho. :yes:

Gligar_Man
15th September 2003, 03:36 PM
i rated...

to avoid arguments, gligar has much more then 4 moves, felix was the first to combine them, and just because it came a standard so early on doesnt mean someone shouldnt get a little credit for it...

and btw, it was supposed to be a question chris wouldnt get, and he didnt...

now ask him one, X)

Green_Pikachu
15th September 2003, 08:53 PM
ok, i got one for chris. who co-ran the POKE organization with me, in the early days of gsc?

jet1213
15th September 2003, 09:14 PM
quaggy

Sir Chris
15th September 2003, 09:53 PM
damnit jet is old school and 0wned me

my ego is deflating no....

Green_Pikachu
15th September 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by jet1213
quaggy

actually, he only spelled it with one G, so you lose. i win.

[McGraw]
16th September 2003, 08:34 AM
Quagy the 27 (now 28) year old paramedic who was worshipped by all the nubs, and was modded after just 3 months.

Do I get any bonus points?

8D

EDIT: disabled smilies...

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 09:17 AM
Quagy the 27 (now 28) year old paramedic who was worshipped by all the nubs, and was modded after just 3 months.

Do I get any bonus points?

8D

EDIT: disabled smilies...

yes, you do get bonus points. you would have gotten more if you mentioned how ****ty he really was. ;)

jet1213
16th September 2003, 02:21 PM
posting in a thread in which i am called old school

were you around for POKE, chris?

if you were, name 2 memebers of it besides GP and quagz..

if you werent, then someone else make one up

Sir Chris
16th September 2003, 02:33 PM
nope, I wasn't I am such a ****ing newb ~_~...

also jet, glad to see you posting more, lol. post more often, like to see cool people like you around. :wave:

jet1213
16th September 2003, 02:47 PM
will do.

also i always have school.. and thats kind of a *****. plus my band is finally getting some local fans, so thats kinda cool. so yeah a lot of my time has been going towards that.

but tpm comes first, of course.

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 05:02 PM
i got a good q. i think. :/

who were the original mods of GS when it FIRST came out?

jet1213
16th September 2003, 05:28 PM
hydro, christian_walley, HG, and mr. e?

that dosent look right

MetalScyther
16th September 2003, 05:37 PM
I'm going to go with Mr.E and LugiaStorm. I remember way back that they were the only two mods, were there more before that? hydro wasn't modded before that, christian_walley is woz, right? I don't think he ever modded here either, could be wrong. HG may have.

jet1213
16th September 2003, 05:39 PM
nah

i know for a fact that they were all mods here, and i'm pretty sure they were all mods at the same time, its just a matter of if they were the first or not.

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 07:40 PM
silver_clefairy, some dude, some dude, and some dude

[McGraw]
17th September 2003, 09:09 AM
Silver Clefairy, Madelyn, Christian Whalley, MrE

Green_Pikachu
17th September 2003, 10:52 AM
nope. there was this one guy i keep thinking of. i know he was one of the first mods. his name is like, right on the tip of my tongue. it was a pokemon's name, i think, and then a few numbers...grr....i hate when something like this happens...

Number1ChanseyFan
17th September 2003, 11:17 AM
Was the other mod Denryuu72?

Green_Pikachu
17th September 2003, 11:28 AM
thats it! denryuu was the japanese name of ampharos. yes, denryuu72 was his him. him, SilverClefairy, Maddy, and someone else. maybe E, but i dont think so... :/

Number1ChanseyFan
17th September 2003, 11:32 AM
I think that the last mod's name was blaze, I might be wrong though...

Green_Pikachu
17th September 2003, 11:33 AM
that actually sounds somewhat right. although, i have no clue. i modded this forum for almost 2 years, and i dont even know who i modded with. lol. i think quicksilver. :/

[McGraw]
17th September 2003, 11:36 AM
YES ! OF COURSE !! DENRYUU72, HOW COULD I FORGET HIM =(

Green_Pikachu
17th September 2003, 11:37 AM
YES ! OF COURSE !! DENRYUU72, HOW COULD I FORGET HIM =(

because u are Mad******, that's why. =)

this is a good topic....remembering the good old days. Didn't you used to be....SILVER SHADOW OMG?

kurai
17th September 2003, 12:32 PM
What was the very first Pokemon seen as overused, and what was its common moveset?

(this was very popular during the time shortly after the game came out in Japan, before we even knew what breeding did)

Sir Chris
17th September 2003, 12:39 PM
I am going to take a guess here.

I believe it was Houndoom.

jet1213
17th September 2003, 01:54 PM
i know there was a mewtwo standard.. like recover/psychic/t wave/ice beam? @miracleberry, i think

at one time that was pretty popular, and it was invented by you, kurai, so i'll say that.

i think that was probably later then when you're talking about, though.

[McGraw]
17th September 2003, 02:08 PM
Kurai's Mewtwo was ice beam/safeguard/thunder wave/recover @miracleberry, methinks 8D

kurai
17th September 2003, 02:08 PM
Both of those guesses happened way later than what I'm talking about.

(and the second Mewtwo set is correct but was only useful when Starmie was on every team)

Green_Pikachu
17th September 2003, 02:11 PM
xatu: drill peck, haze, psychic, giga drain??

all i remember is xatu was on like everyone's team. :/

kurai
17th September 2003, 02:15 PM
The original overused Pokemon was Entei, since fire types were seen as very awesome originally, and Entei had nice looking stats as well as a unique moveset which was somewhat the antithesis of RBY days, with Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Crunch, Solar Beam. Like I said, no one knew how breeding worked really, so this was seen as completely possible, and was popularized by Madelyn I believe (and we didn't know to attach items at the time either).

Xatu was overused a bit too, but that happened later.

Sir Chris
18th September 2003, 02:46 PM
Lol.Well, you old schoolers are just totally raping me, maybe I should just change the topic title and let you guys go at it, you guys seem to like to talk about it so much, ah, the old days indeed. Damn shame I missed so much of it.

~ Chris

MetalScyther
19th September 2003, 04:21 PM
One thing was something about skarmory turning popular in the TSS stage, I don't think it got to be very popular until curselax came around with quake+bslam.

Kari and Mewtwo
1st October 2003, 08:53 PM

X)

1.) 4/3 * pi * R^3 = volume of a sphere
2a) Electrode's Height/Diameter in US units: 3'11' or 47 inches
2b) Electrode's Height/Diameter in metric units: 119.85 cm
3.) 119.85 / 2 = 59.925
4a) 4/3 * pi * 59.925^3
4b) 4/3 * pi * 215191.012078125cm^3
4c) pi * 286921.3494375cm^3
4d) 901390.003668617032125 cm^3

and since you wanted 3 significant figures:

5) "9.01 * 10^5 cm^3"

Bob54321
3rd October 2003, 06:40 AM
Which pokemon learns its moves at a lower level when it evolves?

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd October 2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Bob54321

Blissey learns her moves at a lower level then Chansey.

Chansey

Pound (Chansey already knows Pound at birth/catching)
Lv. 5-Growl
Lv. 9-Tail Whip
Lv. 13-Softboiled
Lv. 17-Doubleslap
Lv. 23-Minimize
Lv. 29-Sing
Lv. 35-Egg Bomb
Lv. 41-Defense Curl
Lv. 49-Light Screen
Lv. 57-Double-Edge

Blissey

Pound (Chansey already knows Pound at birth/catching)
Lv. 4-Growl
Lv. 7-Tail Whip
Lv. 10-Softboiled
Lv. 13-Doubleslap
Lv. 18-Minimize
Lv. 23-Sing
Lv. 28-Egg Bomb
Lv. 33-Defense Curl
Lv. 40-Light Screen
Lv. 47-Double-Edge

Green_Pikachu
3rd October 2003, 12:15 PM
which four battlers were in the semi-finals of kevin's field of 64 tournament? who were the exact pairings of those semi-finals? who won each battle? who won the championship the next round?

pokemasterfrank
4th October 2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Bob54321

Also, one of the Fossils do too...I think it was Omastar.