PDA

View Full Version : New Opening Theme for AG

Pergo
9th September 2003, 09:29 PM
Hey! It has been confirmed that the new AG opening will start on
AG 44.

The singer/song has yet to be announced.

Mikey
9th September 2003, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info Pergo. That's just 3 episodes away! Misty! Yay! Can't wait to see what they do with it, and if May leaves someone will be killed....:mad:

Pergo
9th September 2003, 10:06 PM
Yeah. I doubt May is leaving, there are still more contests...
There is some talk about Masato being 'dropped off' when they revisit Petalburg.

But thats just gossip, Masato's role is the pokemon expert can be taken away, but I doubt it.

Animelee
9th September 2003, 11:21 PM
New opening, eh? Well, I'm pretty excited, since Misty's coming back, and we're bound to see an new opening with her (and maybe some more characters) inside.

Nah, I mean, we have casts with WAY more than five main characters in various television series, so I doubt that good ol' Masato will be dropped off.

If any of you happen to watch Justice League, you'll notice that they don't focus on all seven heroes every episode, but instead, choose three or four heroes for the story, so that we, the viewers, can zero-in on certain aspects of the heroes that we've never known before. Pokemon will only have five, so no doubt, we won't feel like things are over-crowded.

Pergo
10th September 2003, 02:33 PM
lol good point..... there is a rumor that Gary will appear sometime during these newer eps aka 'ag season 2'.

Hey I found out from Palette that there will also be a new ending on AG44, sung by a group of four people possibly?

Anyone know anything else about this?

Animelee
10th September 2003, 05:06 PM
Hmm, Gary? Maybe he'll be doing field work? Okay, I'll say it -- Ash needs a rival! Without one, it feels like he's taking is own sweet time, instead of competing with someone. I hope Gary gives up the professor work, 'cause I miss him. :(

Oh, and about the new ending sung by four people -- it's probably going to be done by one of those new, young J-Pop groups.

I heard that it'll be sung by Morning Musume, and they're pretty famous.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th September 2003, 02:29 AM
Well, if Gary is to return, he'd better do it in another episode, not in the one where Misty enters the stage, or there will be too much happening! The episode 'Kasumi Toojoo! Togepii To MaboroshiNo OoKoku!' (By my translation: The Entry Of Misty! Togepi And The Kindom Of Illusion!) must focus completely on that girl, or OK, a bit on Togepi, too, as the title suggests. But no Gary.

However, I'm optimistic, I don't think the writers will put Gary to the same episode. Some people even believe Tracey is coming with Misty, but that is totally out of possibilities, in my opinion. See the situation, the newest special gives a picture where Tracey is coupled with Misty's sister Daisy now, not to mention that his idol, Professor Oak, is in Kantoo, too. No reason for Tracey to go to Hooen.

*Dodges flying objects thrown towards him for introducing confusing rumours*

Light_Togetic
11th September 2003, 12:27 PM
I hope Ash gets a rival too. There's no one to compete with, and when you have nobody to compete against, you start to lose some of that drive that makes people great. (Although I seriously doubt Ash will EVER lose his drive for becoming a Pokemon Master). I can't wait to see the new intro! Yay for Misty! ^-^

You know, sometimes I think the only reason they took her away was so they could bring her back... ;)

And it shouldn't be hard to have more than three main characters. Look at Digimon, it pulled it of with seven! As long as nobody gets forgotten, it's fine.

Nikku-San
11th September 2003, 03:13 PM
Hmmm... so what kind of song do you think it will be? Ready Go was kind of emotional, perfect for finishing up the Johto League. And Advanced Adventure was really up-beat, perfect for a new start in a new land with new friends and most importantly, NEW CLOTHES- I mean Pokemon! So, since Ash will be facing Fire, Normal, Flying, Rock/Psychic and Water (if he finishes the Hoenn League this season, doubtful), I think the theme should be a bit more intense. Upbeat, yet intense.... I'm sure there are plenty of J-Pop/J-Rock songs like that. ^^

Pergo
11th September 2003, 03:56 PM
What possibilities! :D

Well the thing I heard about Gary is that his research *MIGHT* lead him to meet Ash, but I think its just a rumor.

As for Richie, we should be seeing him again since in Hosou Special #7 he was heading off to Houen with his already (mysteriously) caught Taillow named Rose.

Another rumor going around is that in AG 44 and 45, Misty came to Houen with Casey and the new guy from Hosou 9. But who knows.

As for the new opening.. hmmm... I predict it to be really fast and upbeat, and probably in this 'new season' they'll be Flame/Normal/Flying gyms and then leave the other two for the last season... who knows! CYA!
~Pergo

Chris 2.1
12th September 2003, 04:48 PM
Richie returning would be cool, maybe Ash's Taillow and his Taillow evolve together or somethin; having Richie's Taillow female seems odd....well not odd, but different...

I'd love to see Casey again ^_^

Maybe Jun'ichi returning would be cool, or Kenta or Marina as rivals......Well I dunno, anyone's welcome, but I think we'd lose the sense of vastness and new-ness with Hoenn, I mean, all these reccuring faces faded, meaning Ash took on Hoenn himself, he was exploring this all-new place, but if lots of others are.....well i dunno :-/

Light_Togetic
12th September 2003, 10:03 PM
I'd like to see Richie again. It would be cool to see Ash's Taillow go up against his, especially since Ash never uses it. :rolleyes:

I dunno about Casey and the other guy though. If they do come with Misty, they'll probably just leave at the end of the episode. (With those two also, that would be too many main characters!) And from what I've heard from the episode, Casey and that dude looked pretty happy with just each other.;)

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:21 AM
Yay! A new opening! Thanks for the info!

Well, Misty is in it with her HOT new outfit. ^^

I hope we see Richie, well, no Gary, 'cause his Japanese seiyuu quit.

Animelee
20th September 2003, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, no Gary, 'cause his Japanese seiyuu quit.

Where'd you hear that Yuko Kobayashi quit?! :o

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Animelee
Where'd you hear that Yuko Kobayashi quit?! :o

It was all around, about the time when Japan was airing the Silver Conference episodes, they wrote him out because his seiyuu had quit.

Kojiro
20th September 2003, 10:07 AM
Garys acter quit! No way? Well his English VA is still here,I mean but if Gary never appears in Hoenn they will not need him anymore,and I don't think Weedle has any appearances either.

Why did his VA Quit?

And the new opening is the most exciting thing,I hope it goes back to rock and roll,the new AG song was really diffrent,it sounded like the song "Fire!".

And the ending better be as good as Polka Dolka,that rocks.

Ok I can't wait now,I am dying too see the new OP!

Animelee
20th September 2003, 01:38 PM
It was all around, about the time when Japan was airing the Silver Conference episodes, they wrote him out because his seiyuu had quit.

I remember when people were saying that just over a year ago. I still think it's a rumor, though, since no one has ever given any proof.

JazzJazz
20th September 2003, 04:52 PM
It's not like some other chump can't do the voice... just because the talent left doesn't mean they can't be replaced and Gary can't be in the anime again.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
It's not like some other chump can't do the voice... just because the talent left doesn't mean they can't be replaced and Gary can't be in the anime again.

If you've heard Shigeru's Japanese voice, you would know that his seiyuu gave the character a unique voice that is not easily impersoanted.

Kojiro
21st September 2003, 12:03 PM
YEah his Japanese voice was one in a million,but they could use puberty as a accuse.

But his ENglish VA is easy to mimick.

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2003, 09:41 PM
Yeah, the dub's not a problem, but his Japanese voice, is well, femanine, but also masculine at the same time. It's really wierd, but well sounding.

Potato Dude
23rd September 2003, 06:21 PM
Please, just once, say "Misty's oufit" without hot thrown in. I want to see if you can do it, Tattsu. I can, but of course I'm not a Misty fan, so...

Laz-E-Boy
23rd September 2003, 07:28 PM
I personally hope that the new AG ending is as good as the first AG ending.

CharizardILG27
23rd September 2003, 07:59 PM
I really hope that they still have Gary in the show, he is one of my favorite characters! Hopefully, they'll have him in specials and things to that sort. Come back Gary!

Animelee
24th September 2003, 03:53 PM
Well, the episode airs in 13.5 hours! When I do get the episode tomorrow night, should I make high quality clips of the opening and ending?

Nikku-San
25th September 2003, 12:29 AM
What kind of question is that, AnimeLee? Of course you should! And if you can, can you make sound clips as well as video clips for those of us that are video impaired? Thanks. ^^

Can't wait to see more pics of the new Misty in the opening. I absolutely LOVE her new outfit. It is just sooo cool.

Animelee
25th September 2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
What kind of question is that, AnimeLee? Of course you should! And if you can, can you make sound clips as well as video clips for those of us that are video impaired? Thanks. ^^

Can't wait to see more pics of the new Misty in the opening. I absolutely LOVE her new outfit. It is just sooo cool.

A'ight, count on dat, homes. All y'all can count on me. 8)

Anyways, it's 2:21 AM where I am, so, it's 3:21 PM in Japan... Just less than 4 hours until the episode airs!

Nikku-San
25th September 2003, 03:05 AM
I can't wait! And.... you called me homes! I prefer Watson. :P

Thanks ahead of time, Lee. ^^

Pokejello
25th September 2003, 07:55 AM
Hmm I checked Pokepale Forums but couldn't find anuthing about a new intro/ending, well I do remember that there was a person speaking about that, he said something about old music0.o

Light_Togetic
25th September 2003, 11:24 AM
Wow, clips of the beginning and ending would be really cool! Especially for those of us that don't have access to japanese episodes... -_- Thanks in advance!

Animelee
25th September 2003, 02:34 PM
I won't get this episode until Friday morning, Eastern time (Toronto, New York).

>_< I am so anxious.

Nikku-San
25th September 2003, 04:02 PM
Friday morning?! I can't wait that long! But I guess I'll have too. ^^;;

Pokejello, what about old music? Please, not another remix of Mezase Pokemaster... Or worse, a remix of Rival. x.X

Animelee
25th September 2003, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, since they're treating AG as a new show, like how they treated the transition of Dragonball to Dragonball Z. :)

Edit: Although they do use old BGM's a lot, I wouldn't worry.

Kojiro
25th September 2003, 05:10 PM
Are you sure it is a new OP. Anyway I hope that it is a remix of Rival because that is my favorite Japanese song.

Hanada Tattsu
26th September 2003, 01:25 AM
NO! I can't, her outfit is just so HOT!

Please make screenshots, I'm really anxious to see the animation and such, please Animelee!

Animelee
26th September 2003, 02:25 AM
NO! I can't, her outfit is just so HOT!

Please make screenshots, I'm really anxious to see the animation and such, please Animelee!

Don't worry, I will. :D

I'll make a bunch of clips of the episode, and if you do want to watch the episode, or more episodes, look at my sig... *Coughs*

*Knows he will get in trouble for sayin' that* ^^;

Anyways, I'll make tons of pictures, and a few wallpapers of the cast, and Misty. :)

Let's see, it's 3:23 AM, and my friend doesn't come on until 4 AM, or so. O_O

Hanada Tattsu
26th September 2003, 08:54 AM
Cool, we should just put that into a seperate topic or something. And I tried the link but it didn't work. :o

Pokejello
26th September 2003, 09:46 AM
There is no new opening in AG 44, it's confirmed.

Zak
26th September 2003, 11:47 AM
Right, it's been confirmed to be false a while ago, since yesterday.... I see no need to keep this open.

~Zak