PDA

View Full Version : Preview of AG 44-45 (Togepi!!!!)

Pergo
10th September 2003, 03:00 PM
A user on Palette gave some info found in the latest anime magazine.

In AG 44-45:

Ash,May,Brock and Masato will come across a Togepi Convention... and guess who they run into? Misty!
Team Rocket then steals Togepi (who could've guessed).

The person who summarized the article then kinda went vague here... That there is a mirage kingdom of togepi-- and they they need a succerssor to the throne... and thats Togepi's destiny.

Then a bad guy (probably team rocket) enter the mirage kindgom and try to capture all the Togepi.

After this, the princess of the kingdom appears....

Thats basically all that was said, but my speculation is that Misty's Togepi is a female and it evolves in order to protect the Mirage Kingdom... and its really the princess of the kingdom. Then Togetic has to stay in the Mirage Kingdom and protect the other Togepi... so Misty and Togetic finally part.. :(

This is just my guesses... Enjoy!

Animelee
10th September 2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info.

I really hope Togepi just leaves. Since Misty got him (or her?) back in Kanto, she lost of feisty "spark". Since then, she's been like Togepi's drone. She says something, and then Togepi responds with his (or her) annoying voice.

"Oh, that makes me angry, guys!"
"Prrrrriiiiii! Toge toge!"
"Oh, that's a cute little Togepi!"
"Toge, togeprrrrrrrriiiiiiiiii!"

What happened to her giant mallet?! Togepi probably ate it.

Anyways, I hope Togepi evolves and stops being annoying.

SuperSonic
10th September 2003, 08:33 PM
He might of lost his initial appeal, but misty loves it very much, as it does her. And giving it up will probably be the best thing for it, but it'll be very emotional for them both. If it does leave then I think it'll probably be a very emotional episode, not like when squirtle left or pidgeot where they have a brief flashback to a song. And you wont just feel like they gave up togepi for a new season or a new feel, more for a good story with character development.

Light_Togetic
11th September 2003, 12:07 PM
Well, I agree with SuperSonic. At least they'll give up Togepi for a reason instead of:

"Sorry guys, but I'm gonna start over in Hoenn!! Hope you guys like it at Oak's lab for the rest of your natural lives!"

or

"Arbok, Wheezing! You guys better protect these stupid Ekans and Koffing! We couldn't possibly help get them to a safe place! So we're just gonna have to leave you forever!"

Heh, okay, so I was just a little peeved when Ash gave up his pokemon. ^-^;; and when Arbok and Wheezing left...

Anyway, I like the fact that it will actually involve Togepi doing something. I do like Togepi, but come on, it'd be nice to see Misty doing things that weren't Togepi-related.

Nikku-San
11th September 2003, 03:26 PM
Aww, I'm a bit disappointeed. Does Team Rocket have to be involved in everything?

Crystal Mew
11th September 2003, 10:18 PM
What!? So...Togepi evolves in this episode? o_o; and..Misty...leaves it? =o

Wow, this is an episode to remember 8)

Even though, I've kinda...grown attached to the...thing. o_0; lol, it will be kinda sad, but hey, ,misty comes back! right? o_o;

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th September 2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the info! Remember guys, nothing about Togepi evolving or leaving has been confirmed, though this information suggests it is likely to happen. A week later TV-TOKYO will have a prewiev on their page and that will hopefully reveal more. There are still two weeks left until the first one of these eppies is aired.

Jamesology101
12th September 2003, 05:17 AM
This "mirage kingdom" thing doesn't have anything to do with Mirage Island does it?

If Togepi's going to be taking up some regal position, it had better evolve. I can't imagine that infant egg creature ruling over anything.

Gaborn
12th September 2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ChicRocketJames
I can't imagine that infant egg creature ruling over anything. Tell that to the people at Pokemopolis. :P

Rocketboy
14th September 2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Aww, I'm a bit disappointeed. Does Team Rocket have to be involved in everything?

Well sort of. That's what makes the episode GO

Example:

Address Unoun

If Wobbuffet hadn't attacked, Unoun would not have sent Ash Misty and Brock to the dimension

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th September 2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
"Arbok, Wheezing! You guys better protect these stupid Ekans and Koffing! We couldn't possibly help get them to a safe place! So we're just gonna have to leave you forever!"
I'll not argue about Ash's Pokemon except to say that it's not like they're going to stay at Oak's forever and ever, they'll get in the spotlight again just like in Johto.

However, Arbok and Weezing are a different story. They were all being attacked by a Tyranitar for crying out loud! The only chance any of them had was for Arbok and Weezing to lead the Ekans and Koffing away from the area while Jessie, James and Meowth used every ounce of their strength to keep Tyranitar at bay. They managed to hold it off just long enough for the Poison pokes to escape, and ended up lying prone on the ground beaten and battered for who knows how many hours. By then Arbok and Weezing were simply too far away to find in that huge forest and being the obediant creatures they are they would likely have kept running with the Ekans and Koffing for as long as they could.

Light_Togetic
15th September 2003, 11:57 AM
Well, I'm sorry, but it wouldn't have killed them to go looking for them just to see how they were doing. I mean, these are the pokemon they've had for years. I'm sure if a trainer loses their pokemon in a forest somewhere they just don't give up and never even try to look for them.

Maybe part of it's just that I liked Arbok and Wheezing. They were the Pikachus of TR to me. I don't think I could accept them leaving in any situation.

pokemongeek
15th September 2003, 12:42 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FIND TOGEPI TO BE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamesology101
15th September 2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Well, I'm sorry, but it wouldn't have killed them to go looking for them just to see how they were doing. I mean, these are the pokemon they've had for years. I'm sure if a trainer loses their pokemon in a forest somewhere they just don't give up and never even try to look for them.

Maybe part of it's just that I liked Arbok and Wheezing. They were the Pikachus of TR to me. I don't think I could accept them leaving in any situation.

Hey, I love Arbok and Weezing, but I still think that episode and their exit was great (if heartbreaking). I will tell you forwhy.

Maybe this was a mistake in the translation or I made this up in my memory or something, but I distinctly remember the synopsis of the episode saying that Jessie and James had been thinking of releasing Arbok and Weezing for some time. Like, they say something along the lines of this being an opportunity for them to do what they've been planning to do for a while. Maybe that's not the case, but anyway, I thought I saw that somewhere.

Even if it isn't the case, it's not hard to see why J&J would want to release Arbok and Weezing. In fact, I was sort of glad to see them go. Team Rocket have a tough time of it, and its not an easy life. Arbok and Weezing have been there right from the beginning, through the constant blast offs and periods of starvation and falling down ravines and such. They're veterans of many, many battles, and quite frankly I think they've earned their respite. They deserve to be out in the wild with their own kind, relaxing, after all their loyal service to Jessie and James. I think this is what J&J were thinking of too, that it was time to pass on the torch to newer Pokemon who hadn't spent the last five years getting beaten up by the twerps.

Of course, that doesn't make their parting any less poigniant.... but I think it explains it.

Light_Togetic
15th September 2003, 10:34 PM
All right, all right! The story for Arbok and Wheezing wasn't the worse plot in the world. Although I do agree with the fact that Arbok and Wheezing were long overdue for a break from the usual problems with Team Rocket, that still doesn't make me change my feelings.

But wasn't this topic about Togepi? ;)

Zak
16th September 2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by pokemongeek
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FIND TOGEPI TO BE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS NOT ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE OMG DONT SPAM PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, seriously PokemonGeek, that was spam, don't let anyone catch you doing this again.... consider yourself warned.

~Zak

Entropy
16th September 2003, 08:08 AM
Togepi's leaving? Yes.

I found it relatively useless in the anime. It's about time it's being dropped. Maybe Misty will revert to her early Kanto-persona... :o

Vito Winstrate
18th September 2003, 11:36 AM
i think that it is sad that togepi is leaving. i hope it will evolve first.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:39 AM
Yay! Misty does indeed return! YES! YES!

Well, Togepi was bound to leave sometime, but I hope she evolves into Togetic first. Oh well, at least Misty comes back.

Water Pokemon Master
21st September 2003, 01:27 AM
If Togepi does evolve, then that will mean they will have only not shown one Pokémon in the Animé, and that will be Porygon2 (prob. because of the Porygon seizure eppy).

In my opinion, I don't think Togepi/Togetic will leave Misty. She has had it ever since mid Kanto and would not probably give it up to protect other PKMN since she loves her so much.

AND PEOPLE, it is Weezing, not Wheezing.

JoeMan800
21st September 2003, 07:45 AM
I'm hoping that Togepi(Or Togetic) Finally leaves. Misty was so funny in her early Kanto Personality. Instead of acting friendly because of Togepi. But even though I want Misty to go back to her early Kanto personality,she might not even without Togepi. She only acted like that because Ash was inexperienced in pokemon.

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
If Togepi does evolve, then that will mean they will have only not shown one Pokémon in the Animé, and that will be Porygon2 (prob. because of the Porygon seizure eppy).

In my opinion, I don't think Togepi/Togetic will leave Misty. She has had it ever since mid Kanto and would not probably give it up to protect other PKMN since she loves her so much.

AND PEOPLE, it is Weezing, not Wheezing.

Well, Jessie had Arbok and James had Weezing since Kanto, and they loved it very much. They were almost in every episode, but they left. Face it, the writers don't care if you had the Pokemon since the first episode. With the exception of Pikachu and Meowth, if its not AG, it goes.