PDA

View Full Version : SSB and SSBM question

Misdreavus
11th September 2003, 03:25 PM
How do the computer opponents escape from the Yoshi's egg (when he does his B attack) so quickly? It always takes them about 1 second and it always takes me about 3 seconds. Are there certain buttons you can press to escape quicker?

Thy
11th September 2003, 04:01 PM
I think (I'm not sure since I haven't played in a while) that is you rotate the control sick and/or press A VERY fast then you get out quicker. To do A quick, use you right index fingernail and rub the A button very quickly pressing hard (but don't break it) side to side without going off the button. Since the presure point is in the center of the botton, it makes it go so much faster than "tapping" A. Great for Marion Partya dn other games like that.:yes:

GreenShirT
16th September 2003, 06:36 PM
Correct, just rotate the control stick fast.

Some sound advice - "If in doubt, button bash."

Nace
16th September 2003, 10:37 PM
On the topic of Yoshi, ever done that attack on someone and have them fall off the edge? It's hard as hell to do, but damned funny to watch!

Razola
16th September 2003, 10:44 PM
It's simpler just to use DK's grab and send both of you off the edge. If you are good at it, once you have more lives than they do, you're bound to win. Though, if they are good enough, they can wriggle out and you'll just fall to your own death.

Nace
17th September 2003, 12:30 AM
even so, the Yoshi method is still fun to watch. Anyone ever had a 45min match with 2-3 friends? I did that on my birthday. Very fun. God, I love that game. *goes to buy a gc for melee*

Rambunctious Jamirus
17th September 2003, 05:47 AM
Yeah, button bash it. Mwahaha...

I've actually done the 'Get in the egg and fall to your death' trick quite a few times. All theEasy opponents fall for it and it's one of the only reasons I use Yoshi. The other is having a friend to be Yoshi as well and then hit the guy into the air with A^ I believe and juggle him back and forth. The longest we did it was about twenty seconds but it was funny...

Pikachu's better than Yoshi though...at least to me...

red13n
17th September 2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Nace
even so, the Yoshi method is still fun to watch. Anyone ever had a 45min match with 2-3 friends? I did that on my birthday. Very fun. God, I love that game. *goes to buy a gc for melee* I have done 99 stock 50% before...Not fun.