PDA

View Full Version : ~ Poll ~ Depression

Cheesey
11th September 2003, 03:57 PM
As you may know, I'm not the happiest of people IRL. I've had so many 'things' happen to me and I'm very antisocial. I had one friend - He moved back after having an awful time where he lived before. But he wasn't exactly very cheery here. Now he's in hospital after a suicide attempt. My best friend, my ONLY friend is in hospital after trying to kill himself ~ I've had enough trouble coping with life anyway, and now this? It's hard to deal with. So on with the poll...

1. Have you ever had a phase of depression? Or are you in one
right now? Or are you always depressed?
2. Why were/are you depressed?
3. Does anything bad happen to you often?

~*~

1. I'm in one right now, you might see why...
2. I've been depressed a lot, because my life is so... crap, and so hard to cope with. I've been mugged/beaten up/stabbed/jumped and I've even had my finger cut off. And above all that, everyone hates me, and school is a nightmare.
3. Not any more, but when I was younger I had a fear that something bad was going to happen to me every day after the first time I was mugged, heh.

mr_pikachu
11th September 2003, 06:12 PM

Yeah, I had a bout with depression for about... three years, I think. It still feels terrible to think about it.

Er, if you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about it right now. It still haunts me. Perhaps another day, I will bring it up. I'll just say it's definitely a situation you do not want to be in, by any means.

Not any more, no. I transferred schools and got a new start, and I've made a lot of friends and acquaintances. None of them, though, know the entirety of what I've gone through, and I hope they never do, for their sake. *shudders* It was the worst three years of my life...

And Cheesey, don't worry. It does get better, it just takes time. Hopefully you can find a distraction that will help you through the bad times, so you can get back to the good ones. Perhaps TPM is that distraction, perhaps not. But it does get better. Just keep trying to get through it, and you will. Good luck to you, my friend.

Toxicity
11th September 2003, 06:26 PM

1) I'm going through one right now...and it seems to be endless...;_;

2) I've been rejected through life...and I have a long line of depression in my blood: My Aunt takes Paxil(because of depression), and My great grandfather on my dad's mom's side commited suicide. I also suffer disorders including Paranoia, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Avoidant, and Borderline...which adds in. School is being evil to me, and everybody hates me too...;_;

3) Yeah...but nothing much after being forced to overdose my anti-depressants(which have no affect....XP) after I told my mom I was going to be a Wiccan soon enough....

abunaidesu
11th September 2003, 06:49 PM
1 - I have been since I was like 11..

2 - My parents are too ****ing lazy to get a job and all they do is slack around and borrow money from people to gamble.

3 - Nope

Moltrecuno
11th September 2003, 11:25 PM
1. I was in a state of depression from age 12 to about 14/15.

2. My grandmother passed away when I was 12. I considered her almost like a mom to me and because of the fact that she lived with my family in our house since I was born until I was 9. When I was 10 she was put into a home and it was kinda hard on me and especially my sister when my grandma finally passed away. I also got depressed since my parents kept on giving me high standards when it came to school. I hated to see disappoinment in their faces when they see my grades. I stayed depressed and just when I was getting out of it at 13 or so, another one of my relatives died. It wasn't a biggy since half of my family hated my uncle. -_-;; I finally got out of depression just before I became 15 and I'm glad.

3. It was only in my Middle School and part of my Freshman year(Age 10-13) that I saw a lot of bad things go wrong in my life. Mainly with relatives passing away. Also dealing with a guy in 6-8th grade who kept on saying how many suicide attempts he did(and how he tried them) and sounded proud of it. That was creepy and to think he was one of my friends in Elementary School for a year... ~_~;;

~M~

Jay
12th September 2003, 12:18 AM
Hrhr... I care about you Cheesey :/ *snugs*

1. Have you ever had a phase of depression? Or are you in one right now? Or are you always depressed?

I should be, ha. Naw I'm not depressed all the time, just when random outbursts happen that's usually a sign when people can tell I am. It doesn't last that long, 2 hours at least before I'm able to calm down. A sleep or shower cures it - I had been depressed for years though and that was just shocking :/ attempted to kill myself twice, had my arm severely injured in one attempt which was the first. The second nothing happened, just a spur of the moment. The depression stopped like 3 months ago when I left High School.

The most likely reason is because of school. It was and would probably still be stressful if I were partaking there. It was quite difficult and I'm glad I'm at one now where it's much more relaxing. I've been afraid of people all my life though, I never do anything with them as I'm afraid what might happen. I still am, hence why I never get out of the house except school. Even there I'm very scared, but not enough to get me depressed

I get bullied a lot, but that's counterable. I'm not sure why, I barely talk. Only when I'm forced to, otherwise I'd shrug, sigh, smile, whatever. Like today when I beat the only two guys plus a girl in an arm wrestle they were very (and I mean very) surprised because I'm like the quiet kid and that. It's funny, and that's how I'm going to take it. You can't get bullied if you don't recognize it as bullying, so I tend not to think about it too much

(Huggles all people depressed) :<

RedStarWarrior
12th September 2003, 10:25 AM
Yes, yes, no.
When my fiancé broke up with me and because I am lonely often.
Yes, girls reject me.

nightcrow
12th September 2003, 10:34 AM
1. At the moment, I am not depressed. I haven't been for nearly 2 years now.. it feels so great to be out of that rut that lasted about 4 years and I can actually enjoy life now :)

2. I've been depressed mainly because I inherited a few disorders.. like I can get terrible anxiety attacks, cronic depression, bipolar, :\ stuff like that. But I've been pretty much free of all that for a few years now, other than the few outbreaks I get every so often.

3. I'm in constant pain, does that count? :P

Crystal Mew
12th September 2003, 10:46 AM
~*1. ATM, I'm not depressed 8) but I was depressed when I was 8, and when I was...13-14 well, I was 13, then in a week I turned 14, :p but yeah

~*2. I was depressed the first time because family members died...and the second time, I'm not really sure, but I was sad all thetime for no reason.

~*3. I have alot of reasons to hate my life, and be depressed all the time, but I try not to let it get me down...so, nothing really bothers me...or stuff does, I just don't let it get me upset ._.;

Silver Ledian
12th September 2003, 12:45 PM

-----

1) Yes...I'd say that I've only had 1 phase of depression in my life and I think that's enough. It was about a 3 weeks ago when I finally cracked and talked to my mum and now I'm 100% fine again :) It's good to talk.

2) 2 main reasons. One of them was because I was thinking about death for some reason. I don't know why but I thought about it every night before I went to bed, every morning when I woke up and during every day. It got to the point where I felt so afraid and sad that, as I said, I cracked one day and just had an outburst of crying.

3) Not often, just that once and I never want it to happen again. I will say one thing though, right after your depression, you feel on top of the world. You've just to talk someone, getting whatever is bothering you off your back is the best feeling ^^!

homeofmew
12th September 2003, 04:51 PM
I been Mainly Depressed since the age of 14. And it has been continous since.
2. Why were/are you depressed? past happenings that were not resolved. And things that bother me in the present that seem to be unsolvable also.
Yes, I seem alwyas to make people mad, and they say I am evil, it is always my fault, or I broke that glass and no of course YOU didn't do it! And sometimes i do stupid stuff :/

*Murkrow
13th September 2003, 04:31 PM
Woah, I just had to anser this, fits me perfectly.

Yeah, I end up depressed every couple of months. Normally it only lasts for a day or two, but in the summer I had a massive bout of it, it lasted for 'only' three or four days, but it was the worst I've ever felt in my life. I just was constantly questioning every aspect of my life, looking on the dark side, hating everything I saw.
Though I guess you could say that that helped me in the end, after that I just decided that I was sick to death of feeling like that so I just promised myself that I would never let myself get that low again. And I haven't.

I hated everything in my life, thought my life had no meaning...yeah. Other than that at times I ahve no clue why I feel like I do o_O

Er, I'm not really gonna answer that, cos I tend to look on the dark side, everything seems to be bad...actually, stuff that, *makes mental note to look on the positive side* not much in my life happens that is bad. At the mo I'm getting some hostility from the Year 13's at school, but then again, so's every Year 12, and even thats begining to die down now.

Lightning
13th September 2003, 09:37 PM
1. Have you ever had a phase of depression? Or are you in one right now? Or are you always depressed?
I've had a few here and there. I usually only stay depressed for a few days or something, and I hide it from everyone (even online people) because I hate people fussing over me and asking too many questions. >_< But I was depressed a great deal last year.
Well, we moved from Halifax (where I'd lived for 4 years) to Toronto and I hated it. I was put in a Catholic school with uniforms. I hadn't been to anything religious in at least 5-6 years and.. meh. I also didn't like the uniforms. o_O; My class was stupid and I was always bored, too. I faked sick a lot just so I wouldn't have to go to school. I refused to go on several occasions, too. ^_^ Blech. I got to see a psychiatrist, too. X3
Mm.. no, not really. o_O;

Bai,
Lightning

Yukitsukai
14th September 2003, 01:14 PM

1) I've always been depressed -.-

2) I'm a broke, talentless nothing, my friends have everything I could ever want and more, I'm constantly teased in school, etc.

3) If it could go wrong for me, it does -.-

MarshmallowEgg
14th September 2003, 01:21 PM
1. Have you ever had a phase of depression? Or are you in one right now? Or are you always depressed? - I've been depressed a couple times, the most recent being a few months ago.

2. Why were/are you depressed? - I found out the guy I'd liked for months had a girlfriend. It was really bad, and it lasted for a while, too. I actually got sick from it.

3. Does anything bad happen to you often? - Not too often; at least not since I started high school. Which is a good thing. :yes:

midnightangel
14th September 2003, 08:22 PM
I have periods of depression/sadness at leats once a month and sometimes twice.
The last time I was severely depressed, it was to the point of causing me to have a panic attack. It was the same time I almost gave up TPM in November

Now I just get hostile with everyone in my family, and shut down for a couple (or three) days. Pretty much the light's on, but I'm not answering the door...heh

I had everything I wanted and was pretty comfortable with myself, but at the same time I was doing too much--I had to help around the house, go to school, and work at the same time and I let the stress really get to me.

I had to step back and seriously re-evaulate my life to see what was important to me. I started a journal off-line but on the computer and I cut back on working all the overtime I did.
That left school... I'm in college, and I knew I couldn't take all the classes I did and keep myself in check anymore, or I would go back to the way I was
before. I took a semester off of school to get myself together, and now I'm taking one class at a time until I get into the program I want, and if this works out, I might pick up two classes next semester

No because even at my most depressed, I couldn't bring myself to end my life
Instead I write in my journal, concentrate on some writing I'm doing and just hang out here, and listen to music--it's my very own personal therapy. :yes:

Wild Female Machoke
15th September 2003, 02:23 PM
Yes, I've been depressed a few times, especially if I wasn't hired for a job and is desperate for money. I want to move away from my parents NOW!!

It's a long story, but I'll make it short. For years, I have a dream of becoming an animator, but my family is against the idea ever since I started taking Art in high school. When the time came for me to graduate, I was about to sign up for an art college, but my backstabbing aunt talked me out of it. (Damn her! :mad: ) You see, she wanted me to go university like her and instead persuaded me to take some university transfer courses in college.

Three years had passed and I was SO freakin' miserable. Finally, I decided to quit college after a few of my classmates encouraged me to take up animation and NOT listen to my narrow-minded idiot of an aunt. Problem is I don't have enough money to get there. (I cannot believe why it took years for my stupid aunt to realize that I want to study animation, NOT go to university and become a clone of her.)

I started saving up money after I started working, but then my parents said that I had to give half of my paycheck to them. Yes, I can tell you how much I HATE that idea A LOT. :mad: I finally have enough to go and fulfil my dream of becoming an animator. But then my financially irresponsible jack@$$ of a dad did the unthinkable. He forced me to withdraw all of my savings to pay off his goddamn debts. ARGH!!

*sigh* I wish my family haven't been such a total burden for me and my career. :(

No, not very often.