PDA

View Full Version : What attacks that haven't been seen in the anime do you want to see?

SygmaXE
28th December 2002, 01:22 AM
...and what do you think it would look like in the anime? And what effects it would do? Ex: Disable in the game only prevents one move from being used. Disable in the show paralyzes the opponent.

Chris 2.1
28th December 2002, 06:07 AM
i aint sure of attacks that haven't been seen. I think Sacred fire would look probably similar to Fire blast, but maybe some sort of sacred japanese symbol in flames? sounds right to me.

RedStarWarrior
28th December 2002, 07:07 AM
I haven't really been paying attention to the moves used in the animé. Faint Attack has been used, I think....but to me, it would probably look like a fast Quick Attack.

Chris 2.1
28th December 2002, 07:33 AM
i think Faint attack was used in 'Ariados Amigos' and was, as MC said, kinda like a fast quick attack. Houndoour turned black before disapearing and appearing somewhere else before tackling Hypno

Pokemon Neo
28th December 2002, 10:55 AM
Substitute

Instead of it being a little doll like it is in the game,it would actually be the pokemon's double that can help out the original in battle,or can keep the original's opponent preoccupied while the original regains some health and/or plans out a new strategy.

Of course,the original has to sacrifice some HP to make the substitute(like in the game)and the subsitute itself,while having the same stats as the original,is very weak since it only has 1/4 of the original's HP.So it can potentially be defeated very easily with 1 or 2 major attacks and then just fade away.

Nightingale23
30th December 2002, 08:21 AM
ohhhhh.. the only attack I'd like to see is Zap Cannon... it looks cool in gsc (haven't seen it in r/s), it should even look cooler in the anime.

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 01:15 PM
When Gary showed up with Umbreon we see an Alakazam using zap cannon. He shoots this thin, fast, bolt of electricity that has a larger head (like a meteorite, aka shooting star). It actually looks quite cool.

Cyber Dragon
30th December 2002, 02:02 PM
Hmm... Surf?

I personally have never ever seen it used.

Maybe it's due to 'logic' or whatever. You can't toss a huge body of water at an opponent unless you're at the ocean itself... unless a Surf Attack consists of summoning a HUGE amount of water to douse your opponent with... bah, it probably won't happen. That's why all the Bubble/Water Gun/Hydro Pump attacks are used because it can be used anywhere on-land.

Other than that, Heal Bell and Perish Song would probably look cool.

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 02:06 PM
Surf was used throughout the whirl cup (at least once). Heal bell was used in the healing miltank episode.

Chris 2.1
30th December 2002, 02:50 PM
i dont think i recall seeing Surf at all. I remember, however, that Miltank did use Heal bell in:
Got Miltank?
and also in:
Bulbasaur VS Meganium! spirit of the grass types!

Hazuki's Miltank used heal bell to stop the feud between Azumarill, Meganium, Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 03:03 PM
When Misty was fighting against the kid with Remoraid (later evolved into an Octillery) he used surf to defeat Corsola. Also, I think Misty attempted to use surf on her Poliwhirl when Ash's Kingler used its crabhammer to completely reshape the field.

Chris 2.1
30th December 2002, 03:07 PM
sorry, i forgot i aint seen the Remoraid episode. Silly me =p

However, i know for a fact Poliwhirl didn't use Surf to help against Kingler; i watched that one =P

Thanks for that info, Rei_zero

SygmaXE
30th December 2002, 03:10 PM
Perish Song was used in the Raikou Special

Misty's Tears
30th December 2002, 07:46 PM
i believe surf is also used in the one called "bye bye psyduck" where misty thinks psyduck evolved and she battles this other female water pokemon trainer with her golduck. in one of their battles it is used, i dont exactly remember by which of the girls pokemon but i think it is either her starmie or her tentacruel.

Cyber Dragon
30th December 2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SygmaXE
Perish Song was used in the Raikou Special

True...

*BEGIN SPOILER*

Marina had a Misdreavus, right?

*END SPOILER* :)

And I saw the Miltank episode, and the 'Bye Bye Psyduck' episode - I remember that battle clearly.

I don't remember much of 'surf' being used in that show, but Golduck did use Hyper Beam.

Other than common moves, I really want to see some really powerful RuSa moves in the laste Advance Generation series.

Ruin Wish!

:D :D :D

A silver beam of this light 'thing' highlights over the pokemon, and explosions clash. o.o

It's like a VERY powerful steel version of Future Sight. :D

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Misty's Tears
i believe surf is also used in the one called "bye bye psyduck" where misty thinks psyduck evolved and she battles this other female water pokemon trainer with her golduck. in one of their battles it is used, i dont exactly remember by which of the girls pokemon but i think it is either her starmie or her tentacruel.
It was agianst a non-goofy psyduck.

pokecenter
30th December 2002, 11:39 PM
I would like to see the following attacks
1. sky attack
2. water fall
3. dragon breath
:)

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 11:42 PM
I think Dragonbreath was shown whe Ash battled Clair.

AKA Pokemon Fan
31st December 2002, 04:21 PM
A Skarmory owned by one of the Rockets uses Sky Attack several times in the Raikou Special or so I've heard. It could also be argued that the "spirit/flame" Moltres that attacked from the Indigo League Stadium used Sky Attack on Team Rocket.

Megahorn hasn't been shown here yet but I've heard Ash's Heracross uses it in the Johto Tournament, same with Muk and Sludge Bomb (otherwise seen only in the Raikou Special).

pokefreak04
3rd January 2003, 01:54 PM
I would like to see Flame Wheel. It looks weird on G/S/C, and it should look even weirder on the anime.

Rei_Zero
3rd January 2003, 02:03 PM
Flame wheel was seen in the eppie where the Arcanine are delivering fire stones. It is also shown in the Raiku special. It is basicly the pokemon covered in flames doing a tackle.

Chris 2.1
3rd January 2003, 03:04 PM
i thought that was extreemspeed...

Rei_Zero
3rd January 2003, 03:32 PM
Extreme Speed had no fire around it.

Chris 2.1
3rd January 2003, 04:07 PM
Oh, right. *watched episode and sees difference*

pokefreak04
4th January 2003, 09:47 AM
OK, scratch that, just saw it on Extreme Pokemon! Pretty cool! Now I want to see Totodile use Hydro Pump! It may not happen, but it would be cool, wouldn't it?

Chris 2.1
4th January 2003, 12:20 PM
i wanna c Totodile use Iron Tail against Sneasel in Ash's last Johto League match. I think it'll look weird compared to Marill using it in Right On, Rhydon!

Pacific Pikachu
5th January 2003, 11:17 PM
I'd like to see Shadow Ball... It would probably be pretty cool looking, I think.

pokefreak04
6th January 2003, 03:58 PM
Morty's Gengar uses Shadow Ball in the gym match, and in the episode before it. Yeah, it looks pretty cool!