PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Lots and lots of things that make no sense...

Rambunctious Jamirus
11th September 2003, 08:47 PM
Mwahahaha...you know what I'll say so I'll just get to the point. It's quite a few random things I've thought up and most is about music but there's some stuff thrown in there that is random.

Okay...

1. Do you prefer heavy metal or rock? Why?
2. Do you prefer rap or country? Why?
3. Do you prefer classical or pop? Why?
4. What could most possibly be your fav genre of music? Why?
5. What is your fav song and why?
6. What radio station do you listen to?
7. What was the last song you listened to?
8. What was the last CD, casette, DVD, or record you bought?
9. What's your fav foreign song (a song in a language that wasn't your mother tongue)?
10. What's your fav subject in school?
11. How old is your youngest teacher?
12. Do you read or write any FanFiction (is not limited to Pokemon)?
13. What's the last book you read?
14. What genre of books do you prefer?
15. What are you going to get me for my birthday (one week left) -OPTIONAL-?

1. Rock because heavy metal is just too hardcore for me.
2. Country because it's mellower than rap though most country stars are turning into pop stars now :(
3. Pop because most of it is soft and I don't much like classical.
4. Country because it's what I grew up with.
5. In country - Happy Girl by Martina McBride or C'est la Vie (if that's considered country anymore) by Shania Twain. In pop - Complicated by Avril (can't spell her last name) or something else I can't remember.
6. KVET 98.1, MAJIC 95.5 in my city.
7. Don't Let me Get Me by someone (can't remember).
8. Er...most probably Leann Rhimes' Twisted Angel
9. Crap, can't remember the title of the French song...it's by Jean-Jacques Goldman and it has Quel in both words...and also the ending song at the end of Spirited Away.
10. Art by far. Awesome class.
11. That would most possibly be either my Math teacher or History teacher which seems to be around 28.
12. Yes, I write FanFiction for almost every anime or cartoon I watch.
13. Short and Shivery.
14. Ghost, Mystery, and Comedy since they're cool.
15. Well, technically, I'm myself...

Espeon12
11th September 2003, 09:47 PM
Rock. I don't really like it when I can't understand the words to songs because it's all screaming, and heavy headbanging rock just annoys me. I like my songs with some meaning in them, rather than just being an expression of anger.

Country. I detest rap in the most part, but I haven't heard much country recently. What I have heard wasn't bad, and it's probably something I could learn to enjoy.

Classical. I never was a fan of pop since I was introduced to other types of music, since all you seem to need to succeed is a decent singing voice and writers. I like the images you can visualize with classical music and the feeling put into it.

Rock, without a doubt. Besides, of course, the heavy metal mentioned above, I'll listen to pretty much anything categorized as rock. I'm not picky. Rock was really the first thing I was introduced to when I really started listening to music, and I've just been attracted to it since.

"Konstantine" by Something Corporate, at the moment. It's just such a sad song I can't help but love it. I get the chills every time I listen to it.

92.3 KRock or however the heck it's spelled.

Currently it's "Konstantine" again, lol. This poll reminded me of it.

so long, astoria from the Ataris. I'm long overdue for a new CD...

9. What's your fav foreign song (a song in a language that wasn't your mother tongue)?
I don't really know; I don't listen to too many foreign songs. The only one I have to listen to at the moment is the ending song to InuYasha.

Biology. I like poking around natural things and figuring out what they do and how they work.

God, I have no idea of the ones I have now. Last year our incredibly cool Social Studies teacher was no older than 27, though.

None written that are at all close to being published/posted yet, and the outlook doesn't look good for the next few months. I haven't posted many comments in FanFic, although I have read a few of them.

Lord of the Flies; I reread it before our Summer Reading tests, but right now I'm halfway through 1984.

Fantasy, definitely. I like imaginative things; it's like a break from real life, which I could do with more of lately.

That depends, what do you want?

soggy_cardboard
12th September 2003, 12:37 AM
um, i like both, but i like em for their balls in da songs (u know, when it blasts the speakers :D

rap, because country blows ***... :P

neither. "The radio plays what they want you to hear.":no:

erm...rock, because it just kicks ***:yes:

ive been thinking about this for a very long time, and i think its "Bohemian Like You" - Dandy Warhols

bah, we only get..."the edge" they only play hiphop/pop crap. and play it over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc...
but i can listen to CHANNEL Z on sky tv, which is good and fulla rock!

marilin manson - fight song, the last song on a CD i made...

8. What was the last CD, casette, DVD, or record you bought?lol, i just burn em, but it was "Goodshirt - Good" nice New Zealand band.:yes:

erm, "Rammstien - engel" i think thats how ya spell it...

graphics, but it can be stressful sometimes

er, dunno i think somewhere between 20-30 i think

nope, but i read anything that interests me, epsec if its got something about Spinda in it @_@

"The 3rd day, the frost" - John Marsden, i like dat series :)

ones that keep ya reading, otherwise i dont bother

Ill come to ur house and dance around for u :P j/k

conspiracy
12th September 2003, 01:16 AM
yAy... :D

~I prefer rock... because I just do (dont worry, the answers will get better)
~I prefer rap because country is boring to me and I like more upbeat songs.
~I do like some classical music, but my answer is popmainly because I listen to it more and.. yah
~1. Rap, 2. Alternative
~Shake ya Tailfeather by Nelly, P Diddy, and Murphy Lee cuz it's just a cool song IMO...
104.3 XME
Somewhere I Belong ~ Linkin Park
I download music.. which is illegal...... but NOBODY shall find out for I am untraceable[/something stupid]
99 Red Ballons.. some of its in German, but most of it is in English, but I think it still counts... you peeps should listen to that song.. its cool ;)
Math.. I own everybody
i dunno....
no..
i absolutely have no clue...
mysteryies :)
You get an imaginary friend named Wynaut

JamieC
12th September 2003, 10:12 AM
Rock, because Heavy Metal is just too loud! Mind you, it has a time and a place I guess (Star on a Friday night at Leeds Met :) )

Ugh, what an awful choice! Rap is mostly rubbish about living in a ghetto - I'll pass, thanks. Country... Well I guess some of it can be ok-ish... <shudders>

Depends on my mood. You don't get music more dramatic than classical, but sometimes I like to be able to sing along...

Indie. Late 90's stuff, before this wave of 'R&B' and Garage hit.

At the moment I'm liking Swamp by Kosheen - its an instrumental track and it is just fantastic!

I don't listen to the radio - all they play is manufactured rubbish. Last radio station i listened to was LSRfm - Leeds Student Radio - actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it'd be :)

40 Years Come/Back - Royskopp. Its the last track on their album. Its the worst on the album too :(

I bought Kokopelli by Kosheen and Sk8er Rock (a compilation) on my birthday. The Sk8er Rock has to go back though - even though its got a parental advisory on it they still blank out some of the 'bad' words. At 22 I think I'm old enough to hear them :(

Defrychwelyd by Catatonia. Apparently it means Snail Ambition... Weird.

I don't go to school any more. But it was Maths.

N/A

Nope, I waste my time on other things :)

Order of the Phoenix. I can't afford to get a decent book until I get paid :(

Fantasy, usually. I like the Discworld series, and the Orokon series by Tom Arden.

Here, I bought you some air specially for your birthday. Don't use it all at once.

RedStarWarrior
12th September 2003, 10:15 AM
Rock, don't know.
Rap, Eminem is awesome, IMO.
Depends...I tend to like both.
Alternative Rock because the songs I like tend to fall into that category.
I don't have one.
I just moved to college and haven't found a decent radio station. I do listen to Alternative Nation on live365.com, though.
I don't remember...
Animal House, Double Secret Probation Edition.
99 Luftballons.
I dislike school but I tend to enjoy Theater classes.
Not anymore, I used to.
I haven't read a book since last year so I don't recall.
Good ones...lol.
Nothing, but I will extend my congrats to you on being a little older.

nightcrow
12th September 2003, 10:44 AM
1. HEAVY METAL BABY! Although metal is still technically "rock", so um, yeah. hi.
2. Country is my 3rd favorite genre after Rock and Classical, so of course I'd pick it.
3. Classical. I'm a band nerd :x
4. Rock of course. It's so diverse and people might think "oh it's just a bunch of idiots banging on a drum and screaming" but do you realise how HARD it is to scream like that? I think it sounds cool anyways :)
5. Hum, right now, it's Lateralus by TOOL. But it changes like every second lol
6. I very rarely listen to the radio.
7. I'm listening to Opeth - Serenity Painted Death right now. ^^
8. Erf, no idea....
9. I love listening to Italian opera singers.. :o
10. My favorite subjects are Art and History.
11. Um, I don't go around asking my teacher's ages you know...
12. No, I'm terrible at writing.
13. Right now I'm attempting to wade through the latter half of 'Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China' for AP world hist. It's taking forever to read!
14. Fantasy
15. I'll buy you a paper-weight. ;o

Silver Ledian
12th September 2003, 01:23 PM
I prefer rock because I'm really not into that heavy metal stuff...it makes my head sore. I guess I don't mind stuff like Coldplay. Actually...I don't mind Nickleback either, maybe that's an exception because I don't really like MANY rock bands at all!

Neither. But if I had to choose it would be rap, but not Eminem rap because I never understand his crap and I hate him anyways. I hate the way the world has turned into 'we all love Eminem'. People who I can understand.

Pop because I've liked pop since I was pretty much a kid and I'm not into any of that opera stuff or in fact full instrumental songs with cellos or other big things like Charlotte Church. v.v

I like a mix of Pop/R'n'B. I think they make a pretty good song when mixed together. Yip Yip.

I've listened to so many songs I couldn't possibly pick a favourite because I can't remember them all. So yeah ^^;;;

I mainly listen to Radio 1 (99.7FM) or CoolFM (97.4FM), so if you wanna ever try them out, they're always broadcasting over the NET at www.bbc.co.uk/radio1 or www.coolfm.co.uk

Earlier on when I was flicking through the music channels, this song called 'Chihuahua!' came on. It's pretty cheesy but so funny...a bit like the Macarena and stuff.

The last I bought were the albums by Kosheen and The Thrills, 'Kokopelli' and 'So Much For The City'/

I've never heard that many not sung in English, out of the few I've heard..I'd have to go with the Spanish version of 'Whenever, Wherever', lol - cracks me up ^^;;;

At the minute, Spanish

My youngest teacher would be about 28 or 29 - he's my Geography teacher and he's pretty sound...he went to my school. He's not that much older when you think about it. That's young for a teacher.

Nope. I read some of a trainer fic before but the writer stopped - it was so good too - I haven't read any since. I really should though.

Other than school textbooks and actual novels...the last one I probably read was 'Of Mice And Men' by John Steinbeck. It was earlier this year, studying for my GCSE's. Reading books isn't a hobby of mines and I don't do it often unless I have to. I really should read more though.

It's been so long since I read an actual series of books...I'd say I've read more horror in my free time but they're not really horror. I can't say really...I enjoy both fact and fiction.

Probably nothing, unfortunately, since I don't know you...and I'll probably forget. It would be cool to talk on AIM or MSN though, you seem like a pretty cool member. :)

Nice polls *gives fingers a rest* ^^;;;