PDA

View Full Version : The 1623 Johto War of Uprising

Mysterious Druid
12th September 2003, 10:20 AM
The 1623 Johto War of Uprising
Or
The collapse of the Ecrutec towers

A Fic by Mystic Umbreon

It was A dark night the towers where attacked. They where named Burned Tower and Tin Tower. The two legendary birds Lugia and Ho-oh roosted in them. They where the Emperors greatest weapons, and the countries greatest source of income. If he lost them then the country would fall apart and no one would pay him tribute or ally whith him any more. But despite the evident prosperity of our country it was also a time of great pain for our people. Emperor Garrock had banned all in the land from using owning or training Pokemon, except for the men in his army. For him Pokemon where just tools of war. But they’re where many that agreed with him, and many men and women flocked to the banner of Johto. But on the other hand the rest of the country did not agree with him and many where forming and army of resistance. The pokeball Guru Kurt was making Pokeballs for them and all in the resistance where doing their best to catch and train Pokemon for the up coming battle.

I was a young corporal by the name of Kento with a Ponyta as my partner, we where classed as battle ready as Ponyta was at level thirty and I was an acomplished swordsman with rudimentary Karate skills. We had been planning the attack for weeks. The plan was deadly and simple: We would attack Ecrutec city and capture and destroy the two roosting places of Lugia and Ho-oh, then – hopefully they would flee and never return, then the Emperor would pay the ultimate price for his cruelty, he would lose his grip over us. He didn’t know about the resistance, and we aimed to keep it that way. Ever since he banned civilians from using pokemon crops had failed, and no one has been able farm properly without Moo moo’s or the plough pulling Tauros. I could remember it as clearly as if it was yesterday…

“Father, father, there’s soldiers coming to the house!” “Quick, Kitty, get into the house and bolt the door!” I’d served this country for twelve *ed years and this is how the Emperor repays me? I had only reached Corporal but I had still been loyal. His forces have swept the country in the last few weeks and ceased every civilian Pokemon on sight. I had a family to keep and they weren’t destroying my farm! “Ok then sir I’m sure you know the drill by know, just tell us where the Pokemon are and know one will get hurt. Do you understand?” There where two heavyset soldiers standing in front of me, nothing but bully boys who hadn’t even seen a battlefield. They had the basic samurai armour and sword, but no pokemon. I readied myself to fight the off using my pathetic martial arts skills. “Yes but you b@sterds won’t get very far!” I said this aiming a punch at the nearest but unfortunately five more thugs had snuck round the back. The last I heard before falling unconscious was the leader saying, search the house.

When I came to I found my home burned to the ground and my beautiful daughter and her mother’s charred corpses on what was once the doorstep of my – our home. After burying them in what was left of the spice garden I went to the bar to drink my sorrows away when I was asked whether I wanted to avenge my family’s deaths in the resistance. “Come on sir, we’ve been bullied for years by the Emperors power hungry desires, it’s time to fight back!” “Ok, I’ll do it for my family.

Ok, what do you think guys. This is a story to explain the collapse of the Ecrutek towers. It won't be a huge fic, but I thought I'd post this part now to see wht you guys thought before I carried on.