PDA

View Full Version : AG gone Johto! DUH DUH DUH!(When Fillers attack!)

Kojiro
13th September 2003, 03:38 PM
Well the recent episode,and the next Episode the one with Bagon have caught my attention....

They seem really simmilar to other Episodes...........

First off the Volbeat one seems to be like a Johto Filler,and also resembles Bye Bye Butterfree in a way.

And the BAgon one seems to be just like that MQ episode with a Pidgey that wanted to fly,and Meowth wants to help,and as seen on Serebii.net this is already true,as it has a pic of Bagon and Meowth flying!

And after the Togepi special it is a long way to the next town.......there only be at the Winstrate House and they are on the way to Fallabor I think,this sets us up for alot of Fillers!

But hopefully since they are going into the desert next,this means Cacnea might evolve,Ash probably will Catch a new one,Numel or Trapinch,and we might get some foreshading on the Regis!

Mikey
13th September 2003, 03:54 PM
Um, just how is The Volbeat episode like the Butterfree one? Sure they were two bugs in love, but it barely had anything similar besides this. No Pokemon was given away, and the episode had a totally different plot. Also, Bagin just wants to fly like it says in its Pokedex description, it doesn't want to defy like 800 Scientific Laws and fly into space. And Bagin doesn't look happy when Meowth has it with the Rocket, so I thing it's just being stolen. I really don't see Johto happening here. The fillers are well thought out and great episodes, except the horrid Plusle and Minun ep. *Shudders*

Kojiro
13th September 2003, 03:58 PM
What do you mean? Bagon looks happy in that picture,as happy as he can get with those huge Eyebrow things. And Meowht looks like he did in that Pidgey Episode,just wait and see!

Animelee
13th September 2003, 04:23 PM
I don't really consider the Volbeat/Illumise episode to be a filler, since right beside Mauville City is a little patch of grass where Volbeat and Illumise can be found, which was where Ash-tachi was.

JazzJazz
13th September 2003, 04:59 PM
I see the bagon episode being very Johto-esque. Group meets trainer with new pokemon, Team Rocket steals said pokemon, greoup helps new friend retrieve it.

On the plus side, it looks like we'll get to see taillow battle...

Mikey
13th September 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Kojiro
What do you mean? Bagon looks happy in that picture,as happy as he can get with those huge Eyebrow things. And Meowht looks like he did in that Pidgey Episode,just wait and see!

It looks more scared and shocked then happy. Anyways, I will be seeing this episode soon as I'm the one who writes all those glorious guides you read at SPP.;)

Light_Togetic
14th September 2003, 09:47 AM
I don't mind fillers. As long as they have character development, and don't involve the plot formula that JazzJazz described. But I do wish they'd drop the "let's show a new pokemon every episode!" thing. It would be nice to see some oldies too.

Jamesology101
15th September 2003, 05:44 AM
Well, it's a little early to be crying "Johto syndrome has struck again!", there haven't been that many fillers have there? Although I agree the last few were mind-numbingly dull.... I developed an alcohol problem before I got to the end of the Volbeat/Illumise synopsis. I mean, absolutely NOTHING happened! Let's hope the Bagon episode is about more than just a Bagon who wants to fly... I think we covered that with the Oddish who wants to fly like Hoppip, and the Pidgey who wants to fly to the moon, and so on and so on.

Oh, and if we are going into the desert, Cacnea can't evolve! It has to stay cute like it is, it can't become a creepy Cacturne. And if James is going to get another Pokemon, it should be Shedinja.

AKA Pokemon Fan
15th September 2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by ChicRocketJames
Oh, and if we are going into the desert, Cacnea can't evolve! It has to stay cute like it is, it can't become a creepy Cacturne. And if James is going to get another Pokemon, it should be Shedinja.
I don't think that is at all likely. If James got Shedinja then the only pokemon in the group who would be able to beat it would be Taillow and Torchic, provided they follow the game in having Shedinja only be damaged by Super Effective moves. Not that it wouldn't be nice to see Taillow become more invaluable but having a Shedinja would seem to limit the ways TR could be blasted off too much and all-in-all make them tougher to beat than they are supposed to be.

And we should expect there to be some fillers, at least the Hoenn fillers usually are at least semi-interesting and show off a new attack along with the new Pokemon (Volbeat/Signal Beam).

Jamesology101
15th September 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
I don't think that is at all likely. If James got Shedinja then the only pokemon in the group who would be able to beat it would be Taillow and Torchic, provided they follow the game in having Shedinja only be damaged by Super Effective moves. Not that it wouldn't be nice to see Taillow become more invaluable but having a Shedinja would seem to limit the ways TR could be blasted off too much and all-in-all make them tougher to beat than they are supposed to be.

Not necessarily. Ash could catch a Numel or something, or Corphish could evolve. But even if he doesn't, you should know by now that tactics never really come into play in TR's battles. Shedinja would block Pikachu's Thunderbolt for about one episode, probably its debut, and then by the end of the episode some piece of machinery or something would explode and that would blast off TR. Shedinja would only be useful if it physically blocked the path of Pikachu's elecricity; all the rat has to do is cause another explosion and boom, Team Rocket's blasting off. Again.

Or, like Wobbuffet, they would inexplicably stop using it in battle, even though it would probably cream the twerps.

Iveechan
16th September 2003, 01:55 AM
Aw, I like Shedinja. It was sad enough when they made the oddly adorable Dustox into a "badguy".

I still think a foreshadowing flying Salamence form will appear somewhere in the Bagon episode.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 01:36 AM
Guys, get back on topic.

Anyways, I dunno. AG has to have some fillers to balance the show out, if you wanted a filler free show, Pokemon would be a LOT SHORTER.

Dragon_Claw
21st September 2003, 01:06 PM
Bagon wants to fly, team rocket tries stealing it, Bagon gets one step closer by evolving in Shellgon

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2003, 09:37 PM
With the guide of the last few episodes read, I have to say that the last few episodes are getting filler-y, however, Misty's return in the next few episodes, and the battle with the Winstrates, which is in the game, may make the show restored to Kanto, except the animation is better, and now, with Misty (hopefully, with Misty's return, May and Max will leave) it's back.

Nikku-San
26th September 2003, 05:37 PM
I really hope they don't add too many fillers. From the spoilers I've read, AG is a really great show, it would suck to see it diminish into johto...

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 12:33 AM
Well, the next few episode titles revealed seem to have some sort of plot, but I am afraid that the Skitty episode is gonna be another filler.

Nikku-San
27th September 2003, 02:35 AM
Yeah, when I saw Skitty and Aromatherapy I was like "ugh". It sounds like not just a filler but a bad one. I can see it now.

Jessie: What would we need a Skitty for? it's cute, but useless.

James: Shut up and do what the script says before they kick us out of the show.

Meowth: It's a miracle the idiots didn't do that a looong time ago.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 09:52 AM
LOL Nick, that is very true, except I kinda hope James will catch the Zangoose that is in the episode after the Skitty one. That will be good.