PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Razola
13th September 2003, 09:33 PM
The Source (http://www.gamers.com)

This is one hell of a collection...10 Mega Man games, spanning 3-4 different systems and a host of videos and sweet extras.

I hope they don't screw this up like they did with the Sonic Collection (unlocking games? Pfft.) because Mega Man is one of those icons with a LOT of games (granted, the gameplay evolves slowly).

I'm not understanding this "do it for two" stance companies are having lately. Why are PS2 and the Cube getting this but not the Box? If you're making it for two, just go for it and do it for all three.

Pokemaster Ash
13th September 2003, 11:13 PM
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go ahead and throw in a second disk with the GameBoy games (modified a bit, of course), Mega Man & Bass (with the original SNES setup, so Mega Man fans can play it as it truly was and should truly be enjoyed), and maybe even X1-X3, but I like what is there

I hope Capcom doesn't screw this up... I hope they use the soundtracks used in the Complete Works...except maybe do something more about 1-3 instead of just sticking what was used in the arcade in there (those tunes weren't bad, but some of the untouched ones deserved better).

*waits patiently for this, Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man X7, and Mega Man Battle Network 4...*

SageofLaughter
16th September 2003, 11:36 AM
I heard about this a few days ago, I've only just finished orgasming over the sheer concept.

*wants this game. Now.*

As for the "do it for two" thing:

If a game comes out for PS2 and Xbox, it's usually because the GameCube simply doesn't have the ability to handle the game (damn 1.5GB discs).
In the case of Megaman Collection, I'm willing to bet that it's because, with X7 coming soon, the Xbox is the only console not to have any Megaman games, so they dont think it will sell well.

PNT510
16th September 2003, 11:49 AM
Well it sucks it's not coming out for XBox because I perfer all my games on XBox. I guess I'll pick it up for cube. Hopefully they will have some GBA/Cube link up. That'd be cool.

GreenShirT
16th September 2003, 06:25 PM
I never really bought into the whole Mega-Man series. They were ok but nothing outstanding, and it is a good job they arent out for xbox - you couldnt lift the controller to play it :\

Razola
16th September 2003, 08:21 PM
You should get the Controller S, then. Those who don't like the Controller F (for Fat) prefer it.

SageofLaughter
17th September 2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenShirT

I never really bought into the whole Mega-Man series. They were ok but nothing outstanding, and it is a good job they arent out for xbox - you couldnt lift the controller to play it :\

Please leave your jokes about the size of the Xbox Controller in 2002, where they belong.

GreenShirT
17th September 2003, 09:53 AM
Its no joke.
And if that is the case they have had a year to do something about it and havent.

woz
17th September 2003, 10:13 AM

Its no joke.
And if that is the case they have had a year to do something about it and havent.

the controller s was already mentioned earlier in the post. the xbox controller is also fine, as you must be a total *****/have small and/or fat hands/insulting the controller for no valid reason to think that the xbox controller is too heavy.

PNT510
17th September 2003, 10:14 AM

Its no joke.

They did do something about the size of the controller! Microsoft released a small controller about the size of a PS2 controller.

Razola
17th September 2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, enough knocking the controller. The original wasn't perfect, but that problem has been fixed (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/219506.asp) so please hold off on the old jokes.

SageofLaughter
17th September 2003, 12:02 PM
I'd like to back up what the others have said by pointing out that new Xbox consoles are actually SHIPPED (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008H2IY/qid=1063818094/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_3/104-1309436-3383164?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846) (ignore the picture) with the Controller S now, making your "joke" even more flawed.

Pokemaster Ash
17th September 2003, 03:41 PM
Could we get back to the subject at hand? Forget about X-Box. X-Box sucks! This is about the new Mega Man collection...

Capcom, please don't f*** this up...

SageofLaughter
17th September 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pokemaster Ash
Could we get back to the subject at hand? Forget about X-Box. X-Box sucks!

By making an unjustified generalisation like that, you've almost guaranteed that the Xbox discussion will continue.

Pokemaster Ash
17th September 2003, 09:16 PM
Pardon me for having my own opinion...

But seriously, let's get off the topic of the X-Box and get back to the Mega Man collection.

PNT510
17th September 2003, 10:43 PM

But seriously, let's get off the topic of the X-Box and get back to the Mega Man collection.

It seemed the XBox discussion was over at the time until you made your comment. You are right that you have an opinion, but if you voice it don't expect people who disagree with it to not comment on it.

SageofLaughter
18th September 2003, 09:17 AM

I completly respect your right to hold your own opinion on a subject. However, when you go around randomly making flawed generalisations you can guarantee you'll meet some resistance.

The very, very least you could do is back your opinions up with solid facts.

Pewter City Geodude
22nd September 2003, 02:35 PM
This is awesome news, just found out about it this morning. :D No more feeling bad cause the NES deck I used to have sucked so I couldn't play the old Mega Man games I had, I can just get a bunch of them on the GC or PS2 now! :D

Mewfour
26th September 2003, 07:26 PM
"If a game comes out for PS2 and Xbox, it's usually because the GameCube simply doesn't have the ability to handle the game (damn 1.5GB discs)."

*starts laughing hysterically*

*sniff* Oh jeez, *wipes a tear from his eye* Oh, the old 1.5GB disc concept again. I'm surprised that no one has heard of this wonderfulyl magical invention that Nintendo used called a DivX-Compressor, one specifically designed for the 'Cube. Go take a "big game" disc such as Eternal Darkness or Metroid Prime to any high-tech institute and have someone scan it. If they can get past that complex anti-pirate firewall, the amount of insane compression coding would blow their minds. Seriously, have you taken a look at Nintendo's absurd compression methods? Crazy, I tell you. Absolute crazy-talk, man.... *trails off*

But anyway, I have Megaman & Bass for my GBA, and now, I can buy not only Megaman 1, 2, but 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Power Battles AND Power Fighters? All on one disc? For 50-some bucks?

*throws himself to his knees* THANK YOU, LORD JEEBUS!! THANK YOU!!!!!