PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] [SGRC Appreciation thread] ITT, we invade my PM inbox. =]

MetalScyther
13th September 2003, 10:02 PM
Since this forum is dead, it is time for anyone who has been around a bit to talk about SGRC; the only people I think will remember it are maybe the mods, I dunno. But I have a few old PM's that are two years old, I don't think SoL will care if I post them:

From SageOfLaughter:

Great!
Basicly, SGRC is in a huge mess at at the moment. SoS hasn't posted in months, SoD spends all his time in GSC, Gligar Left...
The active members are:

Metal Scyther
PorygonX
SilverSuicune
Pikapeace007
SageofLaughter

Next we have to work out a new rota...
Theres a lot of work to do.

Does anyone remember any of those people? *got blessed and was in the thing near the end* I believe SoL is still around somewhat, and silversuicune is still around, although I don't talk to him much. PorygonX is sorta dead, he was leet. Pikapeace is still around also. "Gligar left" refers to gligar12, he used to be an old RBY mod, he was leet btw. Comical mention of SoL's "may clefable spash your enemies" signature, I liked it. =]

Later on, I got a similar PM. It included SoS(SageOfSteel, sage names were popular at the time - we got some great leet sages, but they are dead, sageofsteel, sageoflaughter, sageofdarkness, POKESAGE(still lurking around on ex-pokemon forums today). SoS created SGRC.

Okay, so basically, this is a pretty crappy topic. But I request that anyone who remembers SGRC post here(char, sol, ss, etc., you konw you wanna baby, oh yeah). RBY is becoming crappy, so we remember this thread.

SGRC used to have reet rating centers, god damn, this brings back some memories of old school RBY...wow. Anyways, since I am now on my old account, I thought I would share that too everyone. ^_^;, this is suppose to be similar to the toast topic, yay.

RaZoR LeAf
14th September 2003, 06:33 AM
God bless poor PX, what a guy... wait a sec... I AM PORYGONX!

*slaps MetalScyther*

Is Pikapeace007 still around? I haven't seen him, though god knows what his username is now. I remember the SGRC and the previous incarnation Operation Metronome. I remember the OM League where loads of people signed up, and about 10 took part :(

I distincly remember making topics to encourage the use of underused pokemon, giving a list of movesets, stats, general info and the like, and the ever humorous title (Cookie Cookie Cookie was for Kingler). I aslo did Mastery101 topics for a while.

Ah memories.

Charizard04621
14th September 2003, 10:46 AM
Rofl, I also remember someone's RMT thread that one of the mods changed the title of to read "Fluffy Pink Bunny Rabbits". :D

I was one of the people who signed up for the OM League. I sucked and PX's Poison theme team beat me 2 times. -_-; And then I got dissed by Omanyte911 when I asked him for a battle (he was the Psychic type gym leader); right after I asked him he made a requirement for a minimum of one Badge won before anyone could challenge him. Meany. :P Oh, yeah, and SoL was supposed to be the Grass Gym Leader, but he never wanted to battle. XD. Good times. ^_^ Too bad OM League died, though. :\ It was a great idea. Hey... Maybe we should revive it.

RaZoR LeAf
14th September 2003, 11:11 AM
Look what I found in my favourite!!!

http://www.geocities.com/omleague/

It's the OM League site!! I remember at a point SoL was going to be the Fighting Gym Leader and wanted to be allowed to use a Dodrio, but he was forbidden. So he started a campaign Let SoL Use Dodrio! Or LUSD for short.

MetalScyther
14th September 2003, 12:08 PM
So thats who you are. I was always like "who's razor leaf(no offense)", now I know that its PoryX...*bows down to you*

OM was fun, I remember that: FreakOfNature was the champion guy, I was the rock gym leader, woot woot.

Charizard04621
15th September 2003, 07:35 PM
Let's restart the league. We could hold a tournament for Gym Leader (and Elite Four) spots, and once they're filled, we can do that whole badge thingy. (y)

Sir Chris
16th September 2003, 01:03 AM
Comedy Me being a gym leader option

(y)

Wow, me posting in rby... havent done this since PoryX talked me into posting something around 18 months ago, I used to go to the rby chat a little ;<, pikapeace was like "soup newb"

lol ;o.

~ Chris

Bob54321
16th September 2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
Look what I found in my favourite!!!

http://www.geocities.com/omleague/

It's the OM League site!! I remember at a point SoL was going to be the Fighting Gym Leader and wanted to be allowed to use a Dodrio, but he was forbidden. So he started a campaign Let SoL Use Dodrio! Or LUSD for short.

Going through the teams used then we get

Alakazam 23
Snorlax 23
Golem 17
Tauros 17
Lapras 14
Charizard 13
Exeggutor 10
Jolteon 10
Starmie 10
Jynx 9
Rhydon 8
Zapdos 8
Chancey 7
Victreebel 7
Arcanine 6
Dragonite 6
Gengar 6
Raichu 6
Slowbro 6
Blastiose 5
Flareon 5
Ninetails 5
Dugtrio 4
Hypno 4
Vaporeon 4
Cloyster 3
Moltres 3
Poliwrath 3
Aerodcatyl 2
Electrode 2
Gyarados 2
Kutops 2
Machamp 2
Magnton 2
Mr. Mime 2
Nidoking 2
Nidoqueen 2
Persian 2
Pidgeot 2
Pinsir 2
Porygon 2
Sandslash 2
Venomoth 2
Venusaur 2
Vileplume 2
Arbok 1
Bulbasaur 1
Clefable 1
Dodrio 1
Electabuzz 1
Fearow 1
Golduck 1
Hitmonchan 1
Kangaskhan 1
Lickitung 1
Magmar 1
Pikachu 1
Primeape 1
Raticate 1
Seadra 1
Squirtle 1
Tangela 1
Weezing 1

Snorlax and Alakazam are the most popular - has very much changed?

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Bob54321
Snorlax and Alakazam are the most popular - has very much changed?

no. :no:

i have both of them in my team. so i just add to it. :/

SageofLaughter
16th September 2003, 11:47 AM
I actually remember all of those people XD

Cant help but wonder what happened to Pikapeace, though.

I mostly lurk at the forums now, but I am still here often, even if you dont see me.

So.

*goes back to lurk mode*

MetalScyther
16th September 2003, 05:56 PM
OMG SOL!

OMG Omanyte911!

=]

Prodigy
16th September 2003, 06:55 PM
Water/Ice gym :wave:

SGRC.. = Steel Gligar Rating Center?