PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

Dark-San
14th September 2003, 06:56 AM
Okay how does fake trap works? If I use Harpie's Feather Duster on my opponent's field and he/she uses a Fake Trap? What happens?

Edo says the opponent hav to show the rest of the covered traps to show that he/she is not cheating right? How abt the covered magics? Do they hav to be destroyed?

Secondly about the recent rumours around my area that all magic cards hav to be covered 4 one turn before they could be used... So I was wondering if the rumours were true? Magic cards like Dark Hole, Raigeki will hav to be covered for a turn?

Thirdly could anyone explain to me about the speed thingy? I was scratching my head when I use Mystic Typhoon on my opponent's covered IO and he claim that he could still use Imperial Order first~ so I wondering whether Mystic should be faster or traps?

DarkTemplarZ
14th September 2003, 09:19 AM
FAKE TRAP
Type: Normal Trap Card
Effect: When your opponent is about to destroy 1 of your Trap
cards by Magic, Trap or other Effect, destroy this card instead.
JY-48

I think it would mean 1 and only 1, which gets rid of HFD. If MST or Dust Tornado's used then it would work.

That's just one of the Japanese rules variants, one for n00bs to learn the game, it's much simpler, no tribs, what not. With the conventional Yu-Gi-Oh rules, Magic Cards do not have to be set for 1 turn, you can play them from your hand.

Chains are very confusing, I agree. MST and IO are the same spell speed, 2, so the last link would be applied first. If your opponent chains ur MST with IO, then ur MST is negated. However, if you chain the activation of IO with an MST from the field or your hand, the IO is destroyed.

The Muffin Man
15th September 2003, 09:12 AM
My big question is, I know MST stops IO. But WHY!? IO flips, it's effect opens up. Since MST isn't COUNTERING it and merely LINKING to it...why the hell doesn't IO stop MST? MST doesn't negate the effect. Merely destroys it. The 'destroy' part is gone the second its effect is nulled.

Chrisodeo
15th September 2003, 06:18 PM
You can't chain MST to the effect of IO. That's silly. You're chaining to the activation of IO. With a continuous effect, the actual effect happens after any chains resolve. Therefore, they activate IO (or any continuous card, like Gravity Bind), you activate anything chainable, and break down the chain. MST is on top of the chain, so its effect resolves first. Destroys IO, and since IO is destroyed, its effect cannot be activated.

On a similar note, IO vs MST. They activate MST, you flip IO. IO is on top of the chain, so its effect resolves first. MST is negated, and thusly goes away.

DarkTemplarZ
15th September 2003, 08:46 PM
Simple really, the last link of a chain is applyed first. So:

IO is activated
Opponent chains with MST from their hand

Last link applied first so IO's destroyed, vs.

Opponent activates MST
You chain with IO

Last link applied first, IO negates MST.

Dark-San
15th September 2003, 09:39 PM
Got it... Thanks doods and also another question....

Can you activate torrential tribute when your opponent puts a monster in facedown defense position?

I tried to check it out at edo's but there is nothing written abt torrential there!

Zombie
15th September 2003, 10:14 PM
Torrential Tribute
You can activate this card when a monster is summoned(including flip summon & special summon). Destroy all monsters on the field.

So no, the monster being placed face down in defense position is being "set" and not summoned.

Dark-San
18th September 2003, 05:41 PM
Situation 1:

When you try and attack your opponent, your opponent triggers the trap 'Mirror Force'~ So are you able to counter the trap, with MST?

Situation 2:

Its your opponent's turn, and he/she tries to trigger the Crush Card Virus, so are you able to counter that with the MST that you hav covered up?

Situation 3:

You try and special summoned a monster, and your opponent uses the trap card 'Bottomless Pit', are you able to use MST to counter that trap?

Chrisodeo
18th September 2003, 05:54 PM
1: No. MST pseudo-negates only continuous traps. Gravity Bind, Imperial Order, etc. Mirror Force is a one-time use trap (Trap Hole, Destruction Ring). The only things able to stop those are Seven Tools and Solemn Judgement. This goes for magics as well; MST cannot stop cards like Monster Reborn and Fissure, but it can Messenger of Peace and Ebikyo Drakmord.

2: I'm not really sure. I'm not well-versed in Jp cards, just translations. If the Crush Card Virus is continuous, then yes. If not, then no.

3: Nope. See answer #1.

Dark-San
20th September 2003, 07:55 AM
Question:
Can you flip Cyber Jar and trigger Crush Card Virus at the same time? Note: Crush Card Virus is not continuous....

Ans: :confused:

Zombie
20th September 2003, 05:15 PM
You will have to find someone that knows the Japanese rulings on Crush Card Virus since it hasn't been released yet.

DarkTemplarZ
21st September 2003, 12:58 PM
No for all 3, cuz MST doesn't negate anything. There's a difference between 'negate' and 'destroy', negate means it prevents the effect from activating, destroy means the card is simply sent to the graveyard, meaning MST wouldn't do anything against something that's not a permenant magic/trap. Deck Destruction Virus (Crush Card Virus, whatever) is a normal trap, and it does not stay on the field for the duration of it's effect.