PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed for a Friend

PokeGeek145
14th September 2003, 03:06 PM
Hi, I am a very close friend to WPM at school, named Aram, and he called me several hours ago on the phone, since we are sort of PokeBuddies, and explained to me his site had been deleted. While he was telling me this, he was actually crying saying that he had worked on the site for so long and that his friend had betrayed him and so on.

As many ppl know, Water Pokemon Master is the webmaster of PokeBeach, the website with the high-quality scans.

WPM told me all of this, so this is from what he said, however I felt that I should post this for help on getting his site back as a sort of birthday present, since many people in this TCG forum visit his site. Also, he did not set me up to this or anything like that, he doesn’t even know about this, and he is always telling me about a PokeGym and Pokemasters forums he is always visiting, so I found the link to here and felt I should post this. Here's the story:

When he got back from his league today, he got an e-mail from someone accusing him of stealing their card scans. He then told that person that he didn’t know what they were talking about, because he and his friend Jason (another person I know at school) had worked on the card scans themselves. So, WPM contacted Jason via telephone and asked him if he had scanned the cards WPM had asked him to, or if he stole them from this website. After some time, Jason admitted to stealing some of the scans and that he didn’t want to be WPM’s friend anymore. In other words, Jason sent WPM scans from someone else’s site without WPM knowing they were someone else’s and he then put them on his site (of course, WPM also scanned many of the cards himself). So, the webmaster of this website saw the scans and contacted Brinkster, WPM’s host, and told them to delete his site because he had taken something w/o permission, even though he didn’t contact WPM and get the full story. So, his site has now been deleted, though it is not his fault, and here is how u can help.

To restore WPM’s site, we should all look in our History files to see if we viewed any of the pages on his site and then send them to him. To do this, go to Internet Explorer, click History on the top, go to File>Work Offline, and click search in the History frame on the left. Type in “PokéBeach” and if any pages show up in black, not gray, you can click them and they will appear on ur screen. When this happens, save the page to ur desktop or something, and send it to WPM’s e-mail address, PokeBeachWebsite@aol.com

However, this is sort of a surprise for him since it will soon be his birthday, so if he sees that people are helping to restore his site, he may feel a little better and want to play Pokemon again. Thanks for all ur help (in advance) and I hope we can all restore his site. I, however, cannot help because my History folder was cleared out yesterday, so I hope you can all help my friend!

Roarkiller
15th September 2003, 12:08 AM
He doesnt keep a backup? Weird. I was also wondering why the site was down for so long.

Juz ask him to email brinkster bout everything. Unless theyre real jerks, they would restore the site, unless its deleted for good. And btw, which site was the scans 'stolen' from anyway? Theres not many pkmn sites with scans. Speaking of which, his topcities host itself isnt deleted, right?

Water Pokemon Master
15th September 2003, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the attempt Aram, but I'm not trading my extra Aerodactyl ex. I told you that on Friday.

Anyways, I did keep a backup of my site. All I really have to do is add the Sandstorm theme decks again. However, most of the other scans will have to be deleted due to that other site threatening to shut me down (that is why the Brinkster site was deleted). But, I am going to scan the cards myself since I do have all of them. (I still get to keep Base Set, Promos, EX 1, and EX 2 because I scanned those myself)

I contacted Brinkster and asked if they could send me a backup (save me a little trouble) and if they could restore my site and why it was deleted. This was the e-mail I got (they are big jerks, btw):

"Your website has been deleted due to a violation of our terms of agreemenent.

Have a nice day.

- THE JERKS"

I am assuming that the webmaster of the other site filed a complaint, which got it deleted. However, they tried filing one at Topcities, but I pay for that service so they probably don't take into consideration complaints, since you pay.

Now, I re-signed up at Brinkster and am under a new account name. But, you'll all have to wait a week until I am done with everything, and of course, back it up incase they delete it again.

And RK, I do not even know what site it is, because Jason stole all of the scans from them, not me. And now he has completely turned evil on me, so I can't ask anything and to tell you the truth, I don't really want to.

Aram, tommorrow, you and me give him dirty looks, okay?

Roarkiller
16th September 2003, 04:44 AM
I read this:

"Hello Fans of PokéBeach! We have been temporarily shut down (been deleted) and will re-open within the next week. I will also tell you why we were shut down, and what will be different with this website in the future. However, PokéBeach will be planning on having all card scans from every set within the next few months, so stay tuned!

Until a week or so, enjoy your life and know that I am working as hard as I can to re-build this site.

- Water Pokémon Master"

No insult, but it juz seemed odd that u plan to reveal everything when u re-open, but wrote down that u'll have all the scans back up in a few mths. It kinda tells a clue of the reason. But hey, u need to think deep about it, so meh...

Now u know why i NEVER allow anyone to work for my site if i can help it. I trust no one on earth (including myself, btw), and since i do everything myself, i cant blame anyone else and so wont make enemies.

Dark-San
16th September 2003, 08:06 AM
Hmmm whos Jason btw? A member of pokemasters?

Anyway its real bad that the fella turn his back on you when things like this happens... You should be more careful in future when making friends....

Water Pokemon Master
16th September 2003, 08:45 AM
Jason is a friend at my school in my grade. When me and Aram saw him today, I tried to talk to him but he just shouted and said that he was only trying to help me with the scans. But I told him that he should not have stole them, and he just said whatever and ran off. I am pretty sure that he is just a little mad right now since his parents got seperarated, and it will blow over.

And RK, the reason I said I will tell everything later was because it was 2 in the morning and I was tired and I was getting e-mails asking what happened to my site, so I just posted a little message saying to wait a week so that I can get everything up and I will say what happened later. For getting the scans up, I am taking my scanner to my league in a few weeks for ppl to help me get some of the scans I need from some of the sets, and if I can't get them all scanned, which is most likely, it will take a few months to scan all of them. I have most of the cards in most of the sets, except Gym 1, Gym 2, Skyridge, and Aquapolis (missing over 10 cards in each), and will scan those myself.

Dark-San
16th September 2003, 08:57 PM
Good idea then... Maybe you should try working on your site yourself after all.

Good luck with your site~