PDA

View Full Version : Water Pokemon

Cheens
28th December 2002, 10:54 AM
which is the best water pokemon in the game, anybody seen the stats for each of them and what seems to be the best choice? if its kyogre (spellin?) whats the best non-legendary?

GR-Gligar
28th December 2002, 12:15 PM
You can't really say who the Best water type is. Stats wise it's Kyogre. But there are other brilliant ones out there too..

Lobstar, Samehader, the New Walrus, the ugly Sumbrero Duck, Starmie, all could be good at other things. In other words, your question is quite impossible to answer; I'd personally recommend;

-Samehader(if you want attack Power)
-Kingdra(for even stats and a nice type)
-Namazun/ugly evo of water starter(nicest type combo)
-Shirazigar(aka Lobstar); if you want Sword's dance(which, let's be honest, we all do!)
-Evolutions of Parruru(the two eels) if you want a BPer.
-Starmie(if you like to be annoying)

I really don't have a clue though*waits to be flamed*

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 01:08 PM
as usual, there are a disgusting amount of good water pokemon to choose from. i'd say kyogre is probably best by a landslide, with his characteristic and DISGUSTINGLY HIGH stats, but as far as non-00bers go, you still have many choices.

raguraaji : overall good stats, nice type, pretty versatile as far as moves go, gets curse.

runpapa : looks like a freak, but i think it's cute. ^_^; good versatility, GREAT type, and not terrible stats.

pelliper : very average to below-average. i wouldn't bother. plus, he's ugly (the unevolved form is really cute though).

seaking : meh

gyarados : better with earthquake and dragon dance, but there are still a lot of other options.

azumarill : don't bother...

tentacruel : TENTACRUEL 0WNZ!!!! GYAAAAHH!!!!!

samehader : obscene attacking power but crappy staying power. good for bashing things around, then dying.

hoeruoo (whale thing) : eh... crappy defenses but great hp. *shrug*

namazun : reminds me a LOT of quagsire, between its type and its stats, but it's more versatile than quaggy was. ...actually, that's not true. but it does remind me of quaggy.

shizarigar/lobstar thing : nice attack and versatility. i'll probably give it a try in one of my teams. and it's a lobster. in 8th grade, i had to be a lobster for a school play... *babbling*

mirokarosu : = yes. plenty versatile with a LOT of good breeding moves (confuse ray, light screen, mirror coat) and good special attack. sexy special defense. and of course, recover. already looks to be a popular water type. plus, it's pretty.

starmie : oh man. the problem with using starmie was that it was kind of fragile with its low hp... but now it gets cosmos power, which can boost its defenses... ouch. add to the fact that it's versatile (water moves, ice moves, electric moves, psychic moves, confuse ray, light screen), is fast as anything, and gets recover, and you've got an impressive pokemon.

golduck : godduck. quack. ^_^;; it's definitely pretty versatile, plus its traits... damn. moisture ruins cursers and swords dancers and stuff, and no weather can screw up a kyogre/groudon etc. plus, PSYDUCK 0WNZ (i love the whole stupid-water-type thing)!

todozeruga : nice versatility and decent stats. overall a good pokemon.

hanteeru/sakurabisu : both are versatile with nice stats, although one would think they would be faster. they're good pokemon, but they'll be forgotten for all the other good water types.

jiransu : meh... with all his physical versatility and his crappy special attack one shouldn't be using him as a water-type.

corsola : same old corsola, but now it gets thunderbolt and confuse ray and stuff, which is exciting. plus, anything that gets recover is worth at least a try...

lanturn : same old lanturn. great type, good versatility... still worth a spin.

rabukasu : ...don't even bother. why does this thing even exist? i think the people that made these up ran out of ideas. doesn't the guy that invented pokemon have like 500 invented? why couldn't it have been some other guy? ^_^;;

kingdra : same old kingdra. dragon moves will be more common, but he will still 0wn.

kyogre : 00ber, most versatile, insane stats, enlighten, GREAT characteristic, etc.

and then, of course, when we inevitably get the 184 other pokemon, blastoise, poliwrath, cloyster, lapras, vaporeon, omastar, kabutops, feraligatr, POLITOED!!!, quagsire, slowking, octillery, mantine, and suicune will come back. basically ALL of those pokemon are useful. in other words, unless they make a version of pokemon called, "pokemon : the no water pokemon version", one will ALWAYS have plenty of good water types to choose from.

GR-Gligar
28th December 2002, 01:39 PM
Way to over shadow my post.. :(

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GR-Gligar
Way to over shadow my post.. :(

sowwy. so this isn't total spam, overall i'd say the top 4 waters are kyogre, kingdra, mirokarosu, and starmie.

Cheens
28th December 2002, 03:00 PM
cheers, is that mirokarosu the beauty pokemon, the one that evolves from that magikarp-like pokemon?

Cyber Dragon
28th December 2002, 04:21 PM
Starmie... ah, my fav. water PKMN of all time, in R/B/Y/G/S/C. But it's low HP really did make it somewhat fragile. But to annoy is such a great thing :)

Cosmo Power on a Starmie? :)

I could consider it on my team...

And Mirokarosu rocks! I've never learned of its breeding moves - it's got a good set. And recover!!!

It looks like some elegant eel (if that made sense). It's pic is in my sig, next to Bashaamo and Torobiusu.

Ah, and Quagsire. You can't use self-moves once you face this... cool.

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Cheens
cheers, is that mirokarosu the beauty pokemon, the one that evolves from that magikarp-like pokemon?

yop. maybe i'm biased toward it because it's one of the few pretty new pokemon... prettttty. the new pokes are just, like... weird.

SilverPersian
28th December 2002, 07:29 PM
I will be using todozerugaa (the walrus) as my water type. Its very similar to lapras in stats, but without the brilliant versatility, however it does learn encore, and it looks a hell of a lot more cute :] I would use surf/ice beam/encore/body slam or rest or earthquake on it.