PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] The Alpha and the Omega Tournament- The First and Last of its Kind

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 03:31 PM
Chris and I are running a tourney; The first and last of its kind. A tournament that will bring together all knowledge of pokemon games; RBY, GSC, and RS. 1 battle of each, and the battler who wins the most of those 3 is the victor and moves on to the next round.

Chris and I have picked our 8 captains. I don¡¦t think it¡¦s necessary to tell you WHY they are captains, but I will. They are responsible, active, and have a general knowledge of all three games¡Kit is also important that they are well-liked, but chris, himself, is a captain, so obviously he¡¦s an exception. jk, wuvu chris. ;)

It will be a draft-style tournament. Brain has been kind enough to randomize an order for us, and next the captains will make their choices. No need to know HOW they will indicate their choice to me, because if you made yourself be known in this topic, you¡¦ll have no worries. The captains will let me know of their choices, and more importantly they¡¦ll obviously double check with you before they tell me. It is double elimination. I am not scared that it will die off, because this type of tournament has never been done before, so it is going to be VERY interesting. It is not an IBT. Some of these captains do come from the same board, and some boards may end up not being represented at all. I am leaving contact info for the captains, so if you want to stalk them on your own time, by all means, do so, but I¡¦m warning you right now that it isn¡¦t necessarily going to help your chances. Now¡Kto rules¡K

RBY Rules
- DT, OHKO, Mew/two Ban
- Species/Sleep Clause

you can battle on the RBYbot (if that still exists) in #rbystadium on the same server as rsbots. NO PBS's allowed.

GSC Rules
- OHKO, Present, Uber Ban (ubers include mew/two, lugia, ho-oh, celebi)
- Sleep, Evasion, Species Clause
*CurseLax is ALLOWED
*HP Legendaries are ALLOWED

battles for gsc obviously done on gsbot. Or netbattle if you are insane. ;)

RS Rules
- 200 pokemon
- species clause/sleep clause
- Kyogre/Groudon/Latis/Rayquazza BANNED
- OHKO BAN
-Evasion Clause

and battles for rs are done on celia¡¦s lovely rsbots.

All rules are set in stone. There is no need to debate them.

If there are ever disagreements on what battle you want to do first with your opponent, talk to chris or I. I¡¦m available quite often, since I¡¦m in college now. lol. My screen name is either GPSama or mpieco. You can talk to me on either, unless im sleeping in my class. Any other possible discrepancies you have, talk to us. I want this to run as smoothly as possible. This type of thing has never been done before, so be patient. If you guys work with us, it¡¦s easier for chris and I to work with you, and we all have a great time with it. Also, captains are to come up with team names. We could also use a web designer to come up with a kickass site for this. We¡¦ll color coordinate it like Sneak3 was. As you will see, celia already has her team name, which is very quaint. Of course, we all want to win, individually, but even when you are knocked out, you can still rout your teammates on!

Now, the 8 captains are as followed:

1. MetalScyther(captain)
E-mail:alexdude777@hotmail.com
AIM: Wobular/AleXDuDe777

2. Red13n(captain)
E-mail: res1sydg@verizon.net
AIM: Red13n

3. IMAP(captain)
E-Mail: Hiyomann@aol.com
AIM: Hiyomann

4. Celia(captain)
E-Mail: mystaria26@hotmail.com
AIM: TGNeoKefka
Team Name: The Toxic Plague

5. Chris(captain)
E-mail: roninofavon@yahoo.com
AIM: TheCrownedKnight

6. Locke(captain)
E-mail: lockeguy@yahoo.com
AIM: Jasper1336

7. Dracoplasm(PikachuPikablu)
e-mail: getyourpunjabout@hotmail.com
AIM: ??? dunno. ļ

8. Cloud9x
aim: dark cloud9x
email: ???

FYI: Don¡¦t even bother saying no to one captain who tries to draft you, and then be expected to be picked again. It¡¦s not like the *****-*** NFL where you get to hold out for a better contract, on in this case a better team. ;[

Teams CAN be changed from round to round. You don¡¦t have the use the same GSC team all the way through, same with RS and RBY.

I would like proof of your victory, whether it be a log, or in the case of gsc, just that little summary of the time, score, and participants is fine. mpieco@aol.com is my email

Finally, I just want to wish everyone good luck. This is going to be a lot of fun, I think. A lot of great battlers are going to be in this.

The Order:

chris
cloud
pp
red
metalscyther
celia
locke
imap

And, with the first pick in the Omega And Alpha Tournament, Chris takes MrE. Cloud is up. Let¡¦s try and pick quickly. Remember, the order snakes after each round, so IMAP will get the 8th pick, and 9th pick. Make sure to contact the captains to let them know of your willingness to take part in the tournament. Good luck everyone.

Charizard04621
16th September 2003, 06:10 PM
*blink* I feel stupid. Are people supposed to sign up right here or PM individual captains to say that they want to participate? (Or neither, in which case, I'm even more stupid than I thought.) :\

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 09:38 PM
one or the other, or both. whatever u feel you have to do to get your name out there to the captains.

Syberia
17th September 2003, 12:02 AM

I signed up in the R/S topic already, but if you don't get around to seeing that, I suppose I'll do it here as well. Contact info in profile.

Charizard04621
18th September 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Syberia

I signed up in the R/S topic already, but if you don't get around to seeing that, I suppose I'll do it here as well. Contact info in profile.

Um, okay. ^_^ [/SignUppageNess]