PDA

View Full Version : The Alpha and the Omega Tournament- The First and Last of its Kind

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 03:33 PM
Chris and I are running a tourney; The first and last of its kind. A tournament that will bring together all knowledge of pokemon games; RBY, GSC, and RS. 1 battle of each, and the battler who wins the most of those 3 is the victor and moves on to the next round.

Chris and I have picked our 8 captains. I don¡¦t think it¡¦s necessary to tell you WHY they are captains, but I will. They are responsible, active, and have a general knowledge of all three games¡Kit is also important that they are well-liked, but chris, himself, is a captain, so obviously he¡¦s an exception. jk, wuvu chris. ;)

It will be a draft-style tournament. Brain has been kind enough to randomize an order for us, and next the captains will make their choices. No need to know HOW they will indicate their choice to me, because if you made yourself be known in this topic, you¡¦ll have no worries. The captains will let me know of their choices, and more importantly they¡¦ll obviously double check with you before they tell me. It is double elimination. I am not scared that it will die off, because this type of tournament has never been done before, so it is going to be VERY interesting. It is not an IBT. Some of these captains do come from the same board, and some boards may end up not being represented at all. I am leaving contact info for the captains, so if you want to stalk them on your own time, by all means, do so, but I¡¦m warning you right now that it isn¡¦t necessarily going to help your chances. Now¡Kto rules¡K

RBY Rules
- DT, OHKO, Mew/two Ban
- Species/Sleep Clause

you can battle on the RBYbot (if that still exists) in #rbystadium on the same server as rsbots. NO PBS's allowed.

GSC Rules
- OHKO, Present, Uber Ban (ubers include mew/two, lugia, ho-oh, celebi)
- Sleep, Evasion, Species Clause
*CurseLax is ALLOWED
*HP Legendaries are ALLOWED

battles for gsc obviously done on gsbot. Or netbattle if you are insane. ;)

RS Rules
- 200 pokemon
- species clause/sleep clause
- Kyogre/Groudon/Latis/Rayquazza BANNED
- OHKO BAN
-Evasion Clause

and battles for rs are done on celia¡¦s lovely rsbots.

All rules are set in stone. There is no need to debate them.

If there are ever disagreements on what battle you want to do first with your opponent, talk to chris or I. I¡¦m available quite often, since I¡¦m in college now. lol. My screen name is either GPSama or mpieco. You can talk to me on either, unless im sleeping in my class. Any other possible discrepancies you have, talk to us. I want this to run as smoothly as possible. This type of thing has never been done before, so be patient. If you guys work with us, it¡¦s easier for chris and I to work with you, and we all have a great time with it. Also, captains are to come up with team names. We could also use a web designer to come up with a kickass site for this. We¡¦ll color coordinate it like Sneak3 was. As you will see, celia already has her team name, which is very quaint. Of course, we all want to win, individually, but even when you are knocked out, you can still rout your teammates on!

Now, the 8 captains are as followed:

1. MetalScyther(captain)
E-mail:alexdude777@hotmail.com
AIM: Wobular/AleXDuDe777

2. Red13n(captain)
E-mail: res1sydg@verizon.net
AIM: Red13n

3. IMAP(captain)
E-Mail: Hiyomann@aol.com
AIM: Hiyomann

4. Celia(captain)
E-Mail: mystaria26@hotmail.com
AIM: TGNeoKefka
Team Name: The Toxic Plague

5. Chris(captain)
E-mail: roninofavon@yahoo.com
AIM: TheCrownedKnight

6. Locke(captain)
E-mail: lockeguy@yahoo.com
AIM: Jasper1336

7. Dracoplasm(PikachuPikablu)
e-mail: getyourpunjabout@hotmail.com
AIM: ??? dunno. ļ

8. Cloud9x
aim: dark cloud9x
email: ???

FYI: Don¡¦t even bother saying no to one captain who tries to draft you, and then be expected to be picked again. It¡¦s not like the *****-*** NFL where you get to hold out for a better contract, on in this case a better team. ;[

Teams CAN be changed from round to round. You don¡¦t have the use the same GSC team all the way through, same with RS and RBY.

I would like proof of your victory, whether it be a log, or in the case of gsc, just that little summary of the time, score, and participants is fine. mpieco@aol.com is my email

Finally, I just want to wish everyone good luck. This is going to be a lot of fun, I think. A lot of great battlers are going to be in this.

The Order:

chris
cloud
pp
red
metalscyther
celia
locke
imap

And, with the first pick in the Omega And Alpha Tournament, Chris takes MrE. Cloud is up. Let¡¦s try and pick quickly. Remember, the order snakes after each round, so IMAP will get the 8th pick, and 9th pick. Make sure to contact the captains to let them know of your willingness to take part in the tournament. Good luck everyone.

Consolidated
16th September 2003, 03:36 PM
I'll join in this...
AIM: zerowley
Email: zerowley@yahoo.com

AndyPants
16th September 2003, 06:55 PM
this sounds fun. i would love to do something like this.
AIM:BigBadAndyPants

no e-mail

red13n
16th September 2003, 06:56 PM
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:34 PM): red
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:36 PM): dont listen to him
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:38 PM): I will talk to him

A well organized tournament I see...

Green_Pikachu
16th September 2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by red13n
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:34 PM): red
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:36 PM): dont listen to him
TheCrownedKnight (4:55:38 PM): I will talk to him

A well organized tournament I see...

yes, chris thinks he is running it BY HIMSELF...if he is talking to about letting the latis be allowed, that is the only thing we're going to consider...everything else is definitely staying the same...

Cyndaquil7
16th September 2003, 07:51 PM
Anyone who wants me for my suckiness yayayayay.

Cyndaquil7
AIM: PTSCrusier2000
IRC: Cyndaquil7
Email: PTSCrusier@comcast.net

Cheers for my lack of GSC Skills and tiny RS but RBY is my game =D.

heman
17th September 2003, 05:52 AM
aim:ima snuff you
e-mail:imasnuffyou@aol.com

count me in

TheLocke
17th September 2003, 08:04 PM
Um... Even though you said the rules are set in stone, I would HIGHLY recommend banning HP legendaries in GSC. HP legendaries just force the game to be more static than it already is. HP Zapdos cannot be countered effectively by anyone but Blissey, Raikou, or Jolteon. If it also packs thunder wave, it is almost unstoppable. I don't want to sound like a clause whore, but legendaries just weren't meant to have Hidden Power.

Sir Chris
17th September 2003, 10:22 PM
I was talking about how red said you were rushing people.

~ Chris

GoldDraconian
18th September 2003, 06:45 PM
I'd consider joining if there was any logic apparent in the ruleset.

Mr.E
18th September 2003, 09:53 PM
Logic tells me those are pretty standard rules for each of them. HP legendaries are debatable... I don't mind the birdies, it's the 4-legged sentient beings that I don't like with the Hidden Powers though. =\

If you guys decide we can use the Latis I'll use BOTH of them. 8)

also what is a MrE

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Mystery
Logic tells me those are pretty standard rules for each of them. HP legendaries are debatable... I don't mind the birdies, it's the 4-legged sentient beings that I don't like with the Hidden Powers though. =\

If you guys decide we can use the Latis I'll use BOTH of them. 8)

also what is a MrE

It is truly, a great Mystery.

~ Chris

Skarm
19th September 2003, 04:09 PM
It would be a good idea to start rushing picks, as we do want this to start sometime this year correct? ;)

red13n
20th September 2003, 07:38 PM
I officially declare this tourney to be 0wned.

Y2Jesus
21st September 2003, 01:16 AM
LSST++

Jshadias
21st September 2003, 02:10 PM
I'd like to be in if anyone will take me.

MSN: jshadias@hotmail.com
AIM: Jshadias
Yahoo: Jshadias

Green_Pikachu
22nd September 2003, 02:57 PM
I have been pwned.

red13n
23rd September 2003, 01:35 AM
That sounds like the talk of someone who wants his topic closed. And considering I am in a bad mood, that sucks for you.