PDA

View Full Version : Superman's powers... which one would you choose?

347Studboy
28th December 2002, 11:46 AM
So, which power would you want? Personally, I'd go for Invulnerability... no more fear of anything!

Kirei
28th December 2002, 11:51 AM
I'd choose flight, because then I can get to where I want to be quickly, and there is somewhere I wanna be right now and can't. Oh, and I'll also use my other power of moving this poll to PCG for ya ^^;

Minimoose
28th December 2002, 01:43 PM
I'd say flight. I've always with I could fly. I mean, seriously, woudn't that just be the koolest thing? With all the flying around and stuff... Yeah... neato.... :)

MM

Dragonball fan
28th December 2002, 02:02 PM
fligh.. no, supa speed.. cuz then i'd be the olympic champ ^^

Adz44
28th December 2002, 03:01 PM
Invulnerability. No doubt about it. I wouldn't have to fear anything again. I could also get some foolish people to bet that I wouldn't stick my hands in the fire, acid or anything else that would usually damage them. I'd be rich overnight. lol

Jay Umbreon
28th December 2002, 03:18 PM
easy, super speed :) I know flight etc. would be awsome, but with super speed, you could run a few races, become a millionaire, then there ya go =D.....

you probably could with flight too, lol, become a millionaire etc. but you'd also be classed a freak 0_o; guess you could go live with the parrots in the sky though. meh

RedStarWarrior
28th December 2002, 05:19 PM
Invulnerability hands down. No...you wouldn't be absent of fears because bravery is only standing up to ones fears. You would still be afraid, atleast temporarily. However, if you jump off of a building and don't get hurt, your fears wouldn't be justified anymore so you would get over them. The fear of death would still exist because Superman can die from old age or disease. Lasers still seem to hurt him as well.

Crystal Mew
28th December 2002, 05:49 PM
I would probably pick flight...I just think it would be so cool to go wherever you wanted,just by flying..and you would get there fast...and no traffic if you could fly :D

Little_Pikachu
28th December 2002, 06:40 PM
Invulnerability, because it would just own, basically... What I'd really like is the power to kill a yak from 200 yards... With mind bullets!

*A cookie to whoever finishes that line*

Chris
28th December 2002, 06:47 PM
...That’s telekinesis Kyle!
How 'bout the power...to move you?
History of wonder boy and young nasty man
A-rigagoo goo riga goo goo...

...Egh. Too much Tenacious D, eh. ;)

[EDIT: Oh, right, the poll... Er... I don't know why, but I'd like to be able to fly. You hear of these kids falling off of buildings cause they tried to imitate something they saw on Pokémon... but what if it actually worked one day? :o ]

Otto=ottO
28th December 2002, 07:32 PM
Super Speed would be cool. It'll be just like flying without the freakiness. I'd move so fast, they wouldn't reconize me, then I could live a normal life. I could also move so fast the the water could support me. bye bye cars.

pika23
28th December 2002, 08:08 PM
Actually what I want I don't think it's a Superman power. I'd like to move things and like read peoples minds. I think that would be awesome. ^_^'''

Drago
28th December 2002, 08:10 PM
I voted for super-speed. Well, at least I think I did. I might've clicked super-strength by mistake. Consarnit.

Anyhoosers, I chose it because it seemed to have the least strings attached. I definately wouldn't choose fly, because I thought back to the position Superman always flew in. I mean, it's so lame and camp! I wouldn't pose like that, flight or no flight :P And invulnerability is a no-no. What if you wanted to commit suicide? Or donate blood? If you're invulnerable, how could the needle pierce your skin? Same with a tattoo or an injection, actually... I didn't choose the superbreath, my breath is already strong O_o
Heat vision and x-ray vision were also out. Too many Cyclopsesque problems, I'd imagine. And I didn't want to choose super-strength. Did anyone see the Super George episode of the Jetsons? Scary. Truly.

So finally, I went with super speed. I mean, it'd be rather practical. And you could get up to all sorts of mischief. Thievery, mostly. What can I say, I'd make a lousy superhero ^^;

RubyDragonKnight
28th December 2002, 08:54 PM
Well...I would pick flying but since I'm the horny dog I am I pick X-ray Vision:D

347Studboy
29th December 2002, 12:13 AM
Wow, I honestly didn't expect this much response. Oh, and sorry Bugsy, didn't realise it was in the wrong place. Anyway, I just want to add... no, Superman can't read minds, too bad, but he can easily invade privacy with X-Ray Vision... and yes, that flight pose is wrong. Well, I'm off then. *Whoosh*

Eyedolize
29th December 2002, 12:53 AM
Flying is a pretty unique ability I would like to have as part of my arsenal. Well, that wouldn't be my only choice, X-Ray vision seems pretty neat, if you know what to use it for, ^_~

347Studboy
29th December 2002, 01:15 AM
Oh yeah, I know exactly what to use X-Ray Vision for... heh heh... finding my car keys.

Seriously, Superman would make the best public speaker... you know how they say it helps to picture the audience in their underwear? Superman doesn't have to pretend.:D

RedStarWarrior
29th December 2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by 347Studboy
Seriously, Superman would make the best public speaker... you know how they say it helps to picture the audience in their underwear? Superman doesn't have to pretend.:D
What if you have an ugly audience?

Eyedolize
29th December 2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Modern Casualty
What if you have an ugly audience?

You'll more likely laugh insanely, fall in the floor from laughing histerically, and thus failing to provide the public announcement.
From then on, your're fired and won't be a public speaker anymore. So I guess X-ray vision ain't so neat anymore...

347Studboy
29th December 2002, 02:53 AM
An ugly audience? Nah, Superman's above all that judgemental stuff. Everyone is beautiful to him... in real life, right now, I no longer have a straight face.

Anyway, I guess public speaking is out. But hey? What about being a spy? X-Ray Vision for finding stuff, Heat Vision for long distance sniping, Super Speed for stealth, Super Strength for vaults, and Invulnerability to bullets. Or, he could be a live crash-test dummy. Man, why does he have such a boring day job? *Sigh*, I should have been the one with the powers....

Lady Vulpix
30th December 2002, 11:03 AM
I would choose flight. It would feel great! I fly in many of my dreams and I love it!

Silver Ledian
30th December 2002, 04:56 PM
I voted for invulnerability (sp?) because it would basically enable me to stand up to others, that I am normally uneasy around, without fearing them for one reason or another. It would be nice to kick people's cr@p in (those that don't like me and that I feel the same towards) and as for MC's comment about death...I don't really fear death as I know when I die I won't be lying in a grave for long... :D

PS: Did MC reply? NM. If I could have a second choice it would be flight as it would be the coolest but I can't.... :mad:

crazybone
30th December 2002, 05:36 PM
I would choose flight, but because, like everything else I've ever owned, I'd get bored of it in a week or so. I mean, cmon, first of all, flight would lose interest in anyone sooner or later. Plus, having people ogle at you must really suck.

Hence, I would choose X-Ray vision. Hell, I wouldn't get bored of checking out the bodies of women until I am 91 which at that point I would blind or something. Plus, I can quit school, buy myself some lottery tickets, and rule the world. ;>

Eyedolize
31st December 2002, 01:49 AM
This is a pretty cool poll. I would like more of the polls like these in the future, as it makes the PCG forums alot more fun to be in.

347Studboy
1st January 2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Konnix
This is a pretty cool poll. I would like more of the polls like these in the future, as it makes the PCG forums alot more fun to be in.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback, and maybe I'll try to come up with some less overused questions in the future....

Joker_Dude
1st January 2003, 03:28 PM
Its got to be Super-Speed

The Reason for super speed is i don't want to half to be a lab rat so i just want to be fast so i can get away from whoever is chaseing me.

(3) (6) (9):yes: :yes: :yes:

347Studboy
1st January 2003, 04:43 PM
Hmmm, it's been a few days, and I noticed that nobody voted for Freezing Breath or Heat Vision... interesting. I guess I can see the pointlessness of "Super Breath", but I wonder why no one wanted Heat Vision... any of you see that episode of Smallville? I guess more people were looking at Desiree than Clark...;)

When you think about it, Heat Vision would be pretty fun. You could do what Clark did and make Pop-Tarts and Popcorn. Or... think about it; you're in science class, you're bored out of your wits, and you just start using Heat Vision to... ah, make things interesting... you know, "prick" kids on the back of the neck or something and watch them jump. Heh heh....

NOTE: This post was in no way an advertisement to school violence or pyromaniacal tendencies. I am going to shut up and quit while I'm ahead.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
2nd January 2003, 02:39 AM
I think I'd choose super strength. I could make a good living with that in sports like weight lifting or something like that. :P

Yuki
2nd January 2003, 09:52 PM
Being Invulnerabl......immortal,
I'd probably be a Cop! *some dude shoots at me*

Me- That's my new suit! I'll get you for this!!!!!!!!!

Dude- Uh-Oh!

But it would be sad to see your Wife die and Son die befire you...

347Studboy
3rd January 2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Yuki
Being Invulnerabl......immortal,
I'd probably be a Cop! *some dude shoots at me*

Me- That's my new suit! I'll get you for this!!!!!!!!!

Dude- Uh-Oh!

But it would be sad to see your Wife die and Son die befire you...

Well, Superman isn't immortal, but in Smallville, they did address that Clark might outlive everyone he cares about... that would suck, wouldn't it?

Volco
5th January 2003, 04:07 PM
X-ray vision all the way man. You see a hot girl you like you could use it and you could be one hell of a doctor.

GreenLanturn
31st January 2003, 01:57 PM
Neither. I choose the powers of the Green Lantern!

Hal Jordan Forever! >:D

Fett One
31st January 2003, 02:25 PM
I pick super strength. I would love to be able to pick up things such as cars and trucks. This would be a great way to make money since I could replace a folklift and carry everything for construction sites.

A quick question. Doesn't super strength and invulnability go together? It's his super strength that makes him impervouis to harm. For example, if you punch a regular man in the stomach he would fall over in pain. If you punch a body builder in the stomach he won't feel a thing. So basicly you can't have one without the other.

347Studboy
31st January 2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Fett One
I pick super strength. I would love to be able to pick up things such as cars and trucks. This would be a great way to make money since I could replace a folklift and carry everything for construction sites.

A quick question. Doesn't super strength and invulnability go together? It's his super strength that makes him impervouis to harm. For example, if you punch a regular man in the stomach he would fall over in pain. If you punch a body builder in the stomach he won't feel a thing. So basicly you can't have one without the other.

What? People are still looking at this thread? Sweet. :D

Actually Fett One, Superman's invulnerability isn't derived from his incredible strength; rather, there are two explanations, depending on the comic series you read, the movie you watch, or what have you:

1) Superman's molecules are much denser than the molecules of anything found on earth; therefore, nothing can penetrate his tough skin. The same goes for anything that came from the planet Krypton.

2) Years of exposure to the yellow sun that our earth circles has given his body "super-energy", if you will, that has also endowed him with invulnerability. This invulnerability has slight force-field capabilities, at least enough to protect his suit.

Both of these theories, or at least the latter one, were found at the Superman Homepage.

And if anyone has any other questions about Superman's Super-powers, just ask me... I love explaining them! (I guess it's just fun to be smarter/dorkier than the rest of you... ;))