PDA

View Full Version : Mirrodin Pre-Release

Systematic Revolution
16th September 2003, 09:54 PM
Well, as you all know by now, Mirrodin is coming out in a very short time. And as well, you all know about the Pre-Release tournament. So what I want to know is are any of you attending the pre-release tourney? If so what are your plans? How do you plan to win?

Well, I am fairly certain that I am to be attending the tourney in Monroeville, Pennsylvnania. With a little bit of luck from the boosters and tourney pack I receive, I plan to create the best possible deck out of what I have, obviously. Or perhaps I will make a deck not worthy of even a lowly beginner and play it well. Who knows? Anyway enough of my rambling, I'm tired, it's time for bed. Discuss. Goodnight all.

~SR

Alec Trevelyan
16th September 2003, 10:05 PM
I'm thinking about going, i didnt go on 8th edition, but the main problem is $$$, if my team has money left maybe i'll take some to play, but i'm sure that at last 3 members of my team will play, well... i'll just play to get the cards and trade them with the newbies. I'm not thinking about winning, scourge pre-release i got 3rd, this time i wont be lucky enought.... as some of you know, 2 stuff doesnt like me: coins and dies. But latetly cards dont like me, i dont get good cards on pre-releases... and on 3rd i didnt get good ones, i've just been lucky on my crappy deck =/

Razola
16th September 2003, 10:08 PM
Unless I can get a ride out to StarCity Games, I won't be going to yet another pre-release.

It's rumored the pre-release card is the Mox...is this true or a rumor?

Boy_of_Enders
17th September 2003, 05:49 AM
I would but there are no tournies in nova scotia.. theres one in new brunswick but i doubt i can get a drive there just for a card tournie.

Systematic Revolution
17th September 2003, 02:30 PM
The Mox? Ehh... I would guess, just by the hype that the prerelease card will be Soul Foundry. But hey, who knows? I'm hoping for it to be one of the two.

~SR

Razola
17th September 2003, 02:39 PM
Expect the Type 2 enviroment to really speed up once the set is legal. i can already imagine goblins getting out turn two Seige-Gang Commanders.

Turn 1: Mountain, Chrome Mox (imprint random goblin or burn spell)
Turn 2: Mountain, Seething Song, Seige Gang Commander. Or Goblin Warchief, maybe a sharpshooter and Prospecter.

Sick stuff. Lots of mana generators in this set will speed things up.

Venesectrix
19th September 2003, 07:05 AM
The prerelease card is...goddammit I forgot the name but it's this:
[insert name here]
Artifact-equipment
Equip 4
Equipped creature gets +5/+5
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to another creature, remove that creature from the game

As for the prerelease, my friend asked me to come with him but my mom wouldn't let me :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Systematic Revolution
19th September 2003, 09:34 PM
Hey! Scratch me going to the Mirrodin Pre-Release! I don't have a ride now! My mother thought it would be awesome to conveniently get sick the day before and then make up the excuse that she is 'too sick' to drive me! THIS IS AWESOME!

~SR

Kokomo
21st September 2003, 07:55 PM
I just came back from the pre-release today.:D

I won my first match which was pretty exciting, but I knew the cards I got were crap so I then lost my next two matches:( and I was gone from the tourney. It was pretty fun but theres quite a few weird people there/ kinda intimidating.

I'd go to another pre- release if I could; it was even better cause mirrodin is a really cool set.

Razola
21st September 2003, 07:59 PM
Were any of your cards good?

Are the foil cards as sexy as the 8th edition ones?

I pre-ordered two boxes yesterday. I can't wait!

Systematic Revolution
24th September 2003, 03:36 PM
Send me one of them boxes, Raz ;)

And as far as I know, the foils DO look quite sexy :*

~SR

Razola
24th September 2003, 03:39 PM
Get yer own box. Besides, they're only about 70 bucks only.

And you can get a whole case for only U.S. $384. That's nearly half off of what you'd pay if you bought that many cards by the individual pack.

And yes, I considered buying a case, but I'd rather get 2 boxes of Dark Steel and Fifth Dawn.