PDA

View Full Version : They Finally Give Us a Release Date for Sandstorm

Water Pokemon Master
16th September 2003, 11:09 PM
Today I got an e-mail from Nintendo saying that in America (sorry everyone in Singapore) EX Sandstorm will be released tomorrow, the 17th. In the e-mail was a link to an EX Sandstorm advertisement thingy that sort of takes on a Harry Potter theme with a possessed PokéBall and it shows a few little Sandstorm things in it:

http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/pokemon_reg.html

This date is kind of suprising since over where I live, 3 Target stores have had them for about two weeks. After I went to the league on Saturday, I went to Target and my dad bought me seven of the packs and I only got one holographic Ludicolo, and two EX PKMN. Once again, I think that the EX PKMN are more common then the holographics, since I get one holo out of every six packs and one EX PKMN out of every two or three.

Also, if anyone of you are planning on getting them and am not going to put them in your binder, you should put something heavy on them. For some reason, all of the EX Sandstorm holo and reverse holo cards bend when you sit them out for a while (curl up). I don't know why that happens, but it seems to only happen with holos. Maybe it has something to do with Nintendo taking over and maybe changing the material used for the cards. Who knows?

hobbs
17th September 2003, 07:09 PM
The curling happens to Japanese cards too. It has something to do with the thinner card stock that allows the holofoil to contract more.

Water Pokemon Master
17th September 2003, 09:41 PM
How come none of the previous English sets curled and now the cards are deciding to be evil and curl up?

Dark-San
18th September 2003, 06:45 AM
Well this happens to my Base cards too... Who says previous English cards doesn't curl up?

Anyway any idea when this set will reach Singapore? 2 weeks later?

Roarkiller
18th September 2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
How come none of the previous English sets curled and now the cards are deciding to be evil and curl up?

67+% of my holos r curled. Not complaining, a slight curl makes it unofficially a marked card, but because it can't be helped, it wont be taken out of my deck. One of my secrets in my Deck of Hell where chansey's the only holo.

I got the email too, and whats really surprises me is that pokeschool only reported it yesterday, lol. Ud think they would at least have a subscription for the online newsletter.

Water Pokemon Master
18th September 2003, 11:14 PM
I don't mean that they slightly curl, they REALLY curl up. Most of them are to the point where they look like they are nearly bent in half.

Roarkiller
20th September 2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
I don't mean that they slightly curl, they REALLY curl up. Most of them are to the point where they look like they are nearly bent in half.

Yes yes, theyre like that. The only reason mine doesnt curl up as much as u said is cuz i often put a curled card behind another facing back to back, so the curl of both cards negate each other. U can try that too, and the curl will be less noticeable.