PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do you think you are well known on the boards?

Sir Chris
18th September 2003, 01:31 AM
me? I think I am well known for those who know me, but really, I feel a lot of the people are like "who the hell is Sir Chris?" could just be me though. I guess I only hang out in a few forums(Misc,r/s,gsc) so not everyone goes to those, eh? I guess we can't all be like PMK. :no:

~ Chris

Jay
18th September 2003, 01:41 AM
At first I was like 'who the hell is Sir Chris?' Then I found out who he was in the past and I was like 0mgz0rs lol

I consider myself well known because I'm a mod. Before when I wasn't, hardly anyone knew me and stuff. I'm pretty much well known everywhere but RS. They're too stuck in their own little world there, so they don't know who I am lol

mistysakura
19th September 2003, 04:58 AM
Well, the fanfic people know me, and that's about it. The other forums I go to, Misc and PCG, are quite a bit bigger, so...

homeofmew
19th September 2003, 07:37 AM
;o Mostly everyone knows who I am, sometimes people are Like Hi Tina, and I am like who are you? Most of the Mods here know me, and yeah who is Sir Chris?! I am well know by all :)!

Cheesey
19th September 2003, 10:36 AM
Ever since I ventured out of RS and started posting in PCG, VG and Misc I've been getting to know people, and people have seen me post. I'm also known by a lot of people because of ummmm... So, I'm not the most well known, but a nuch of people know me, so I'm going to the middle option :o

Razola
19th September 2003, 11:08 AM
Arrr...I not be well known in these here parts, but I'm feared all throughout the seven seas. Even the bravest souls dread goin' out to sea while my ship sails the globe. There's not a port in the world that doesn't know my name.

Craig
19th September 2003, 12:01 PM
I have to look for my own posts:wave:

I chose the last one! Although people in ummmm might reconize me!1..2

Silver Ledian
19th September 2003, 12:46 PM
I mainly only post in the Misc, and PCG forums so anyone that goes there often, I'm sure will have been used to seeing me around and posting.

Outside of those 2 forums, I don't feel that many people will have seen many of my posts at all and would therefore not know me. However...I'd say I'm well-known in 'Ummmm' because everyone there knows who I am. So overall...I also chose the middle option as I'm known well in 'Ummmm', PCG and Misc. but not in the other forums :)

Good enough for me, as long as I have friends and am known to be a member here ^^

aragornbird
19th September 2003, 12:49 PM
HEY, DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW ME?!?

I think I'm pretty well known in PCG, since I've been interacting with a lot of people. I may also branch out into the other boards some day....

Dragon_Claw
19th September 2003, 01:17 PM
I chose that hardly anybody knows me, at least I think so. Im known by a few faithfull readers, alltough I got already 2 ones with my newest fic. And some mods know me, but that's all I think.

Green_Pikachu
19th September 2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Virtual Reality
;o Mostly everyone knows who I am, sometimes people are Like Hi Tina, and I am like who are you? Most of the Mods here know me, and yeah who is Sir Chris?! I am well know by all :)!

i dont know you at all. it's kinda hard to say you're well known unless you're PMK, because each board has its own little world. ;[

Wergoheb
19th September 2003, 03:01 PM
Most people know me... but not in a good way... heh

i've been arround for what can be called a while, and there are what can be called a lot of people who hate me.

i would say everyone in #pokemasters knows me... but i have been alot less active on the board in recent months

Moonlight Espeon
19th September 2003, 03:41 PM
No, I'm not very well known, because nobody pays attention to me. I'm not THAT new to these boards... Still, I'm not important enough to get recognized. *goes in corner and amuses self* ;-;

Crystal Mew
19th September 2003, 03:59 PM
I mostly post around, misc,pokemon anime, and pcg...so I suppose those people who hang around there know me..maybe not. I knew who you were Chris, and when I asked if you knew me.. 'Crystal who?' :no: feh

Anyways, and I go to ummmm...so I know alot of those people, so I guess you can say I'm kinda well known..

Mikey
19th September 2003, 05:04 PM
Hmm, good question, let's consider the facts.

-I go to ummmm, which makes most people there know me.
-I write guides for Japanese episodes so I'm pretty well known in AD.
- I have a fanfic so people know me from that and I have started and joined a few RPGS so people may know me there. I'm active in pretty much every forum.

But a major factor is that though I've been signed up for almost 2 years, I have been lurking most of that time which means I've only been active for about 5-6 months. For this reason people may not know me as well.

Jamesology101
19th September 2003, 05:07 PM
Well... the people who know me know me, and the people who don't know me.... don't. If you see what I mean. Actually hardly anyone knows me, probably since it's taken me a long time to decide which username I actually want to use, and even then I tend to spend an uneven amount of time on the boards, for a while posting in just about every topic (like this one) and then buggering off for some time.

Then again, I don't know any of you either.

Gligar_Man
19th September 2003, 05:17 PM
i doubt many people know me, :\

Pidgeot
19th September 2003, 06:29 PM
XD I know of 99% of the people that have posted here, even though I havent spoken to them directly. I was surprised that Chris knew who I was, because nobody knows who I am :o

Phantom of Innocence-BF
19th September 2003, 06:36 PM
I don't really consider myself well known around the Boards. I guess mainly because I don't post that often in many of the forums. A few people may recognize me as BlastoiseFan from 2000 to around 2001 or 2002, others only know me as my current SN, but overall I don't think many people acknowledge my prescence here.

Gligar_Man
19th September 2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pidgeot
XD I know of 99% of the people that have posted here, even though I havent spoken to them directly. I was surprised that Chris knew who I was, because nobody knows who I am :o

you used to mod some forum, :\ thats all i know, X)

Katie
19th September 2003, 10:41 PM
I put the second one, I post every here and there, mostly fanart misc and pcg. I have a decently high postcount, have been here over 2 years, and visited ummmm every day for the past ....EVER o_O so yeah, IMO chances are most people have seen me at least once ^_^

btw everyone who's posted so far... I know you/have seen you around so ;x you are loved

~Katie

Fai D. Flowright
19th September 2003, 11:27 PM
I think most people know me from FanArt. But I think they probably know me as the "Eeveelution Request Guy." That's kinda my trademark request over there. There are a couple people that know me from RPG and PCG, but not much more than that.

mr_pikachu
20th September 2003, 03:22 AM
Well, I'd say I'm pretty darn well known in Fanfic, especially now that I've been nominated for several awards. And I've made a splash in Shipping, especially for the few writers who post fics there. Also, I post quite a bit here, so quite a few of you probably know me. I'll bet you say, "Damn, mr_pikachu filled the forum with his posts again. Stupid *******." ...Then again, forget that thought. Anyway, I doubt I'm very well known anywhere else, since I post infrequently on GD and Misc, and don't go to ummmm... (SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THERE ALREADY!! I'M LOSING MY MIND!!) So, I'm well known to you guys, the Shippers and the fic people, and no one else. Since I'm positive some people know me, I choose option #3. :yes:

Sir Chris
20th September 2003, 04:22 AM
shipping eh? :rolleyes:

anyway, I know most of you, and of course I know you, silly Pidgeot person. and gliggar man, otto, of course I know you! :wave:

sup ;x

~ Chris

shatteredcrystalice
20th September 2003, 04:40 AM
I'm known by some people in Misc. I want to post more thou/

Barunson's Spirit
20th September 2003, 07:20 AM
I doubt anyone here knows me. I don't have any best friends. I doubt that anyone would want to be my friend either.

Mastermysterious
20th September 2003, 03:46 PM
I doubt anyone knows me since I stopped using frequently AIM, stop posting regularly on TPM, put myself into lurking stat. I used to post alot on PCG and Misc. stuff so older members should have seen at least once my username in those sections of TPM. :P ;

Toxicity
20th September 2003, 11:14 PM
I guess I'm pretty well-known, mostly around the RPG boards...Many know me as the 'odd girl with an insane mind for Pokemon/Digimon RPGs'...XD But others just ignore me....;_;

Master Rudy
21st September 2003, 01:10 AM
Up until I had started to post in the RPG forum I had felt that I really wasn't known around here at TPM. Even then I figured it wasn't more than the small group that I usually RPed with. However as time when on I started to see that I was better known than I had originally thought. I'd say it was a few months before I was modded (around the time I started hanging out in Ummmm)that I really noticed that people actually knew who I was.

In short I'd say just about everyone in the RPG forum knows my name. Outside of that board I'd say a good number have a basic idea of who I am.

bme
21st September 2003, 02:32 AM
I wouldn't say I am. I've never done anything worth while here to be noticed, besides occasionally pop in the game section. I have a few friends like Mana Lugia, tk, and LedianX who remember me. There're other boards I go to that i'm well known at, but only because people have talked to me in irc.

:wave:

nightcrow
21st September 2003, 03:11 AM
Hmm, I really don't know anymore. I have plenty of friends here at TPM, but not a lot of FRIENDS.... I only talk to a few people via AIM, MSN, or IRC.

Someone once told me I was probably the second most popular girl at TPM, after Suzie herself, but I doubt that rings true anymore... it was a year ago after all ;x

Wild Female Machoke
21st September 2003, 03:31 PM
I used to be well known at the Fan Art Forum, but it seemed I had faded into obscurity. Now, I feel a lot more depressed. Only if I have a scanner of my own, I could post more of my artwork.

SupremeChampion
21st September 2003, 04:22 PM
in GSC, i'd say yea. then my name is kind of unknown anywhere else, i think.

~The Italian Stallion

JamieC
21st September 2003, 05:28 PM
Nope, I don't think many people have noted my existance <sobs> but then I don't do anything to promote myself either - I have an unremarkable name, no avatar, no real sig to speak of, and I can go for months without posting when I forget to come visit the boards or have less time on my hands...

Oh, and if anyone does know me, then yaay, I'm not as invisible as I thought :)

Lezta
21st September 2003, 05:34 PM
I used to be really well known, or at least I like to think I was...

Now I've kinda drifted into relative obscurity. *shrugs* I piss less people off this way...

Ali
21st September 2003, 07:20 PM
If you go to the RPG forum, then you might see me there. I used to have a previous SNs, mainly Nitescream, Goddess Adept, and Tama.

Asilynne
21st September 2003, 08:01 PM
I picked the 3rd one, since even though in RPG and ummmm Im relatively known (as in people see Asilynne in RPG and probably think 'vampires' lol), everywhere else its like, 'Who are you anyway?' lol But thats fine with me ^-^ Im well known by the people that matter most to me anyway ^-~ I dont need to be known by everyone ^v^

Plague
21st September 2003, 08:42 PM
Do I "know" anyone - No...

Does anyone know me - No...

Is this normal for me - Yes...

Am I sounding stupid - Yes...

Should I shut up - Yes...

Is this turning spammy - Yes...

Good night you all! :wave:

ILikePokemonP
22nd September 2003, 12:30 AM
Well I think the third option applies to me most. I've been fairly active since I joined nearly a year ago so some people must recognise my name (or font colour) but I've never used Aim so I don't really no many people personally. No doubt if you visit Pcg you'd notice me soon enough...