PDA

View Full Version : Love, Pokemon Style

Totodilemew
18th September 2003, 03:00 PM
Discussion thread. It just started.

Rocketboy
18th September 2003, 03:23 PM
Quilava's voice was worse than Bayleef!!!!!!! Battle was great.

Fire_Convoy
18th September 2003, 03:27 PM
ANOTHER dub error!

Brock: All Ash has left are Water-types, which are really weak against Fire-types.

lama?
18th September 2003, 03:29 PM
Good episode.

Battles were good, and nice to see Squirtle again.

Is it just me, or did Brock say Water types were weak against fire?

I liked the episode....My rating, 8/10

Venasaur89
18th September 2003, 03:33 PM
gr8 episode.. the battle, squirtle, and seeing a girl having a crush on Ash was awesome!

I would rate it a 9/10.

Mikey
18th September 2003, 03:34 PM
They rushed the dubs, that's why everything seems so rush and there have been many mistakes. All of these episodes were dubbed and released fast so they could move on.

I really enjoyed this episode. Macey was cool, and it was great to see her fight with Misty. Slugma was neat, but it's dub voice was a little too masculine. I liked Quilava's dub voice, and was it just me or did Electabuzz get a dub voice change as well? The battle was cool, but it seemed a bit rushed.

Can't wait till tomorrow when Ash faces Junichi. If his dub name is Justin then I'm a psychic.

9/10

V Faction
18th September 2003, 04:08 PM
And was it just me or did Electabuzz get a dub voice change as well?

I noticed that as well. It was no longer that stuttering screech/yell, but more of a gruff bark.

GoldenDragonite
18th September 2003, 04:34 PM
You've pointed out everything I was going to say.
Quilava reminded me of Stitch,lol
And electabuzz's old cry was like... "Blblblblblbl" or someting like that.. LOL

Macey is an ok name I guess.. they seem to be sticking with the first letter of the Japanese names... Hazuki to Harrison... Moe to Macey... something tells me Junichi's name will be Jerry or something.. lol

RJdude
18th September 2003, 04:38 PM
They'll also be naming Kenta and Marina, Elm mentioned them when he was talking on the phone to Junichi. They might put something esle in there instead, though.

But anyway, great episode. I bet Pokeshippers were squealing for joy with all the AAML parts. The last episodes were great, and all the episodes coming up are going to be great as well, save a couple of AG episodes.

9/10

Pezz
18th September 2003, 05:09 PM
I really, really liked this ep. I don't really post a lot around here, mostly a lurker, but this was my favorite episode in a long time. I'd say it was my favorite of all the new episodes that have been released lately, with the possible exception of Here's Looking at You Elekid.

I like the name Macey, but I don't really think it fit Moe. Moe's voice was perfect though, it fit her well. The end when she told Ash she had to postpone their date was great. Although there wasn't a lot of funny lines, and some dumb errors, it was great.

The battle was awesome. For some reason, Electabuzz and his electric attacks looked particularly awesome. Quilava was great too! The human characters were also awesome, and Misty had some of her spunk back and wasn't talking in that quiet high voice as much.

All in all, a great episode. 10/10

JoeMan800
18th September 2003, 06:24 PM
I liked that episode as well,very nice. And Squirtle got stronger ever since Ash left Squirtle with one of the Officer Jennies and the Squrtle Squad,too bad Friday(Tomorrow) is the last new episode that's gonna be on the weekday until a VERY long time,they do this once in a great while. But once the weekday special is over,were gonna get new eps weekly :(.

Meganiquil155
18th September 2003, 06:40 PM
I give it 10/10. It was a really funny episode. Its funny when Macy was interfering with AAML in a funny way.

Tomorrow is finally the day! I hope Junichi's name is Joey

Misty
18th September 2003, 06:44 PM
Macey reminded me too much of Casey. Their names sound the same, their voices ARE the same, etc... Oh well. Yay. :O

DarkMarowak
18th September 2003, 06:44 PM
This episode was really great, but that's too be expected from a league battle. ^_^

I personally like Macey's name, Moe is more of a guy's name to me... Phanpy was incredable in this battle. He kicked Slugma's butt badly for something that was just hatched a while ago, and it was awesome to see Squirtle again. That little turtle packed a whalop.

10/10

Tomorrow: Ash VS Jun'ichi!

Fire_Convoy
18th September 2003, 06:54 PM
I think the name Macy is an improvement over Moe. At least they didn't turn her name into some dumb fire joke. Macy's voice is done by the same person as Casey, but the characters do not act anything alike. Macy reminds me of the character Rebecca Hawkings from Yu-Gi-Oh! (who was again voiced by the same person).

Overall, the episode was good. Decent Silver Conference battle with a romantic sub-plot tacked on. Frustrating dub mistake-but seeing Squirtle again made it all worthwhile!

8/10.

Bacl
18th September 2003, 07:09 PM
Argh...why did Kingler have to get injured? I'd have rather seen Totodile get zapped so that we could watch Squirtle and Kingler battle. We never get to see Kingler! Just how badly is it hurt?

So Nurse Joy now has ALL Ash's Pokemon? Muk and Snorlax and Heracross and all the others? I would have liked to see a scene with Ash and every single one of his Pokemon all hugging or something. I don't think we've ever seen that. I guess it couldn't be done because Charizard isn't back yet.

Why the heck was Ash's ordering Squirlte to use BUBBLE? I'd have thought he'd go Hydropump all the way, but I would also have thought that against fire and electric he'd have ordered Phanpy to use Earthquake all the way.

This was a good episode, ditto to everything everyone else has already said. My grade would be B+.

Minazukii
18th September 2003, 08:39 PM
I really liked todays episode! I thought Macy and Misty fighting about Ash was really cute. The best part was when Squirtle came back! I was so happy to see Squirtle again! The battles were cool as well.....Although there were a few dub mistakes ( which by now are expected ESPECIALLY if they are showing a new episode every day) I liked pretty much everything about the episode. Overall I rate it 9/10

homeofmew
18th September 2003, 10:05 PM
I feel bad for misty seeing another girl hit on ash XD!
it was an ok epi, I don't know what was going to happen :(
Zak don't go and tell me what happens!

Too Cool Scyther
19th September 2003, 12:06 AM
Um guys, it's spelled Macy. Not Macey like Casey.

Did your close captioning say Macey? It cleared said Macy on mines, and I saw it on 2 televisions. (One when I just got home from work asap at my uncle's, and one at home when I watched it on tape).

Anyway, lots of dubbing errors but that's okay. At least they dubbed it right?

I'm so glad to see Squirtle again. He is one of the (If not, one of the top) best Pokemon on Ash's team. He's gotten a lot quicker with quick reaction.

I guess Firefighting helps =D

10/10! I loved it!

Crystal Mew
19th September 2003, 12:46 AM
This was a cool episode :) I loved it!
haha Zak, I TOLD you! where is my $20? :D

I knew Macy's voice would be the same voice as Casey, I just knew it, mahaha

Anyways, it was nice to see Misty..and how she still likes Ash :yes: too bad Ash still does not have hormones apparently.

but over all, it was good

10/10

MatthewKetchum037
19th September 2003, 05:56 PM
This easily makes up for the slow Ash/Gary episode yesterday.

Macy gets bonus points because she has a Vulpix! That's my favorite pokemon! Then her crush on Ash was really funny because it pissed Misty off!

Squirtle's back and he kicked serious butt. It is definitly stronger than before, but poor Kingler. Saving all those Electrode and getting thundershocked for it.

Macy's quilava was very strong and it was one of Ash's best battles yet.

10/10 for a great battle, and Misty's jealousy.

AKA Pokemon Fan
19th September 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
Argh...why did Kingler have to get injured? I'd have rather seen Totodile get zapped so that we could watch Squirtle and Kingler battle. We never get to see Kingler! Just how badly is it hurt?
Considering that it got shocked by three Pokemon it is weak against all at once I'd say it was hurt pretty badly.

Why the heck was Ash's ordering Squirlte to use BUBBLE? I'd have thought he'd go Hydropump all the way, but I would also have thought that against fire and electric he'd have ordered Phanpy to use Earthquake all the way.

Hydrop Pump, and to a lesser extent Earthquake, are extremely powerful attacks that require a lot of energy to use so trainers in the anime will tend to use less powerful attacks at first to see if they can avoid using up all that power when they don't need to.

Rei_Zero
19th September 2003, 10:55 PM
The electrode thing was an excuse to make kingler not battle. It's well known that kingler is powerful enough to morph a field permanently and they didn't want Ash to win too easily. Imagine if it was kingler vs steelix. Kingler's crabhammer would have crushed steelix's shell with ease.

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 12:12 AM
The only good thing about this was seeing Kingler and Squirtle and the number of AAML hints. Kingler should have battled, the Electrode thing was just a petty excuse. Macy, that sounds like the department store. There was nothing really wrong with Moe...

8/10

Too Cool Scyther
20th September 2003, 04:50 AM
Wow, you guys must not know your Pokemon. They are Voltorbs not Electrodes

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 09:24 AM
Oh, whatever, something that looked like it came from the Voltorb and Electrode family made Kingler paralyzed and unable to battle. Poor Kingler. It has to put up with Oak's Haiku every day, and it doesn't even get to battle.

Light_Togetic
20th September 2003, 09:35 AM
Heh, yes I agree, this epsiode was much better compared to the one with Ash & Gary's "talk". I just couldn't get past Gary calling Ash 'buddy'.

Macy was pretty funny, and it was good to see Misty jealous! ^^ I loved seeing Ash running off w/Bayleef and Pikachu when Macy was talking with him. That is sooo Ash.

It was really cool to see Squirtle! I love Squirtle; it and Bulbasaur were my favorite of Ash's pokemon in Indigo. I love the Squirtle Squad shades; so cool.

The battle was pretty cool too. And Squirtle just kicked butt in it. It should teach Totodile a thing or two. ;)

A 10/10!

Hanada Tattsu
20th September 2003, 09:38 AM
I agree, Squirtle pwned Quilava. It was really good how the effects were in this episode. Yeah, Squirtle > Totodile by far, but I dunno about Mudkip.

Entropy
26th September 2003, 06:10 PM
I loved this episode. I think Macy deserves Ash, but that's another story. Great overall, not to mention a good battle to boot. 9/10

Gnight
26th September 2003, 08:08 PM
do ya'll think ash will ever go out with Macy?

Hanada Tattsu
26th September 2003, 08:24 PM
Entropy, why did you bump up a six day old topic? Please try to refrain from doing it, okay? Thanks.

Entropy
27th September 2003, 08:53 AM
I posted my opinion on the episode. I see nothing wrong with that.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 09:42 AM
Neither do I, but if a topic is pretty old and nobody had been replying for a while, then you are bumping it up.

BlueKecleon
27th September 2003, 09:49 AM
So? What's wrong with that? Just because no one has touched it in a while, doesn't mean that he can't post his opinion.

Entropy
27th September 2003, 10:22 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Hanada Tattsu
27th September 2003, 05:17 PM
Stop arguing with me. I did not make the rules, the administration of this forum did, and as a moderator, I am not gonna let people break it. I am sorry, but you broke the rules.

BlueKecleon
27th September 2003, 07:52 PM
Sorry for being ignorant, but which rule are you specifically referring to?

Note: These were written by my buddy moderator Zak for SPP's forums, so I decided to post it here. Follow these rules please, so everyone can have a fun time here.

Alright, once again, I'll go through it.

1. **ALWAYS** mark spoilers in topics, and in posts. If you end up not marking it too often, you'll be tempbanned from this forum.

2. Once there's a topic about an episode, that remains the official topic for that episode. Do NOT post another one.

3. Topics to do with Shipping go in Shipping, and NOT here.

4. No, and I repeat, NO character bashing.

5. Make quality posts. Don't post one word replies. Also, if someone asks a question, do *NOT* spam and say "I don't know."

6. Have fun!

~Zak

So, which rule?

Entropy
28th September 2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Stop arguing with me. I did not make the rules, the administration of this forum did, and as a moderator, I am not gonna let people break it. I am sorry, but you broke the rules.

Not according to what BlueKecleon posted. None of the rules makes reference to bumping an old topic, which is in no way breaking the rules. Hanada, just let go. I posted my opinion and I didn't do anything wrong.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 10:27 AM
Fine, I'll let go. But when I let Zak know about the two of you, I'll be sure to post what he has to say about this, its out of my hands now.

Entropy
28th September 2003, 11:05 AM
Go ahead. We've done nothing wrong and Zak will see that.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 11:08 AM
:/

You guys are really getting me PO'ed. I said I would leave it alone, what more do you want?

Entropy
28th September 2003, 11:12 AM
PO'ed?

I can't speak for BlueKecleon but I'm not getting on you in any way. I'm just rectifying my reason for posting my opinion on a Pokemon episode. You questioned it and I gave my reasoning. That should be the end of it, but then you said you'd tell Zak of this. Did I commit any wrongdoing? No. I think that explains everything.

If you wish, we can talk about it via PM.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 11:14 AM
Fine. We will discuss it via PM. I don't want another post on here that does not discuss the episode, okay?

Entropy
28th September 2003, 11:17 AM
Agreed, that was all I was trying to get at. :yes:

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 11:19 AM
Okay, so, this is finally over. I admit, I got a little rash with him, but I was just abiding by the rules.\

Entropy
28th September 2003, 11:23 AM
It's ok, but don't get overboard. I'm waiting for the PM, unless you want to send it. I sent you want before and the forum informed me your inbox was full.

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 11:30 AM
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know, I'll delete it now.

Macy and Ash going out with each other may occur. I dunno, she would want to, but I dunno about Ash. He did save her life, but I don't think he really had feelings for her.

Entropy
28th September 2003, 11:35 AM
That's Ash's flaw, but we love him for it!

Any real fan who's following the anime can list a ton of girls for Ash, but nah, too long.

EDIT: I'll get to you. I have AIM and when I see you one, I'll get to you!

Hanada Tattsu
28th September 2003, 01:39 PM
First of all, Entropy and Blue Kecleon, I was wrong. I really apoligize, and I really acted like a jurk. I just clarified with Zak, and the rule was stopped a long time ago. Now, you can bump up a topic that is not too old, but only if you add a non-spammy, reasonable reply, which is exactly what Entropy did. I am sorry.

Anyways, of course, there are a lot of girls for Ash, but Misty is the most reasonable. Of course, Ash still probably has no idea at all about how to get into a relationship, he needs to mature a bit more. I don't think he even knows that Macy likes him. :D

Entropy
29th September 2003, 01:29 PM
Apology accepted. I guess this means you won't drop me a line via AIM anymore, huh? :( ;)

Hanada Tattsu
29th September 2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Apology accepted. I guess this means you won't drop me a line via AIM anymore, huh? :( ;)

LOL, I've been impatiently been awaiting the PM, but no PM. :( :o

Entropy
30th September 2003, 04:47 AM
I'll repeat what I said before. Your imbox has been full but it worked for me this time.

BlueKecleon
30th September 2003, 03:46 PM
Hey, Hanada Tattsu, aren't you the one that was always so strict about SPAM?
Hellllooooooooooooooooooo??
What would you call like the last 20 replies on this thread, lol.

Nikku-San
30th September 2003, 05:08 PM
BlueKecleon, pay attention. Entropy can not PM because Hanada's inbox is full. It worked (or so it seemed) but apparently, Hanada still didn't receive it. So they were just working it out in the topic.

IMO, Misty should be the last girl Ash dates. He should have a few relationships that don't work out before he finds his true love. :D

BlueKecleon
30th September 2003, 07:09 PM
I am paying attention, thanks. But if you pay attention, you'll notice that this thread title is "Love, Pokemon Style", not "Hanada, I can't PM you because your inbox is full".
There's a little something called e-mail, oh, and wasn't AIM also mentioned?

Nikku-San
30th September 2003, 07:53 PM
Yes, but apparently, neither of them were on at the same time. Maybe you should stop questioning the moderator and mind your own business, they aren't hurting anyone and I'm sure they'd be more than glad to delete their posts if they are shattering the rules. :rolleyes:

BlueKecleon
30th September 2003, 08:17 PM
2 words, electronic mail.
Why shouldn't I question the moderator when I feel that they are mistaken? Why should I mind my own business when this whole situation is on a public thread, on a public forum?
Anyway, this thread should really be split or cleaned up. Just a suggestion.

AKA Pokemon Fan
2nd October 2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by BlueKecleon
2 words, electronic mail.
Why shouldn't I question the moderator when I feel that they are mistaken? Why should I mind my own business when this whole situation is on a public thread, on a public forum?
Anyway, this thread should really be split or cleaned up. Just a suggestion.
You have every right to be concerned if a moderator is breaking rules. However, as I recall SPAM is info that serves no relevant purpose. This however served a relevant purpose in clearing up a misunderstanding between two posters when other forms of communication proved difficult. Thus, your complaints don't hold much water though I agree that many of these past several posts may as well be deleted or edited now that the issue is resolved.:D

Hanada Tattsu
3rd October 2003, 08:25 PM
AKA, you remind me of Brock's Mudkip. :D That's a compliment there, you always fix the situations. And thanks for standing up for me, Nikku, I think Blue Kecleon was just trying to be funny.

Chris 2.1
5th October 2003, 02:56 PM
*cough* re-directing the topic slightly....:rolleyes:

I saw the episode today, and thought it pretty good. Flame wheel didn't really involve any flame, it was more of a fire tackle, but very fluid animation there. I wish Macey didn't have those annoying pink bits of icing under her eyes...

nice to see Slugma doing so well, too! and, it evolved! also a bonus ^^

all in all - 9/10!

Hanada Tattsu
6th October 2003, 11:31 PM
Okay, doesn't Macy look like Molly from the kiddie show Arthur? I just realized that.

Yeah, kind of how Ash has the Z's under his eyes, and how Macy has the pink dots under her eyes make them comparable, but not as comparable as Ash and Misty. :)

Gravy
7th October 2003, 02:16 PM
think of it. Hopefully we'll see more of her in the future. Heh, I would love to see an all out battle between Haruka, Macey and Misty. Total carnage

The AAML stuff was...erm...cute Pretty funny the way Misty denies everything almost instanly isn't it? Heh, Macey should get Ash methinks
The battle was pretty cool, Totodile wasn't at all interesting for me, with its repeared water guns. Slugma just confused me. How anything without feet could propel itself into the air, or use such a high speed technique such as Double Team is beyond me.
Phanpy...ah yes, the annoying one with the annoying voice. Its battle was surprisingly good as a matter of fact, although I feel Earthquake should have caused some damage to the area eg. a largecrack could have been formed through the surface or summinc. Oh well. Forst time we've seen Earthquake
Electabuzz...why oh WHY was its voice changed? After almost 300 episodes, they now decide to change its voice...well, 4Kids, I'm stumped. I liked its japanese voice too....*sniff*...
Quilava was pure class, I always liked it, and its battle just made me appreciate it more. I feel that Flame Wheel should have looked like a fire-type Rollout. I mean, Cyndaquil and Quilava obviously resemle Hedgehogs, or Echidnas or summinc.
Squirtles return was fine I suppose. It put up a impressive fight, but I would have much prefered to see Kingler battle instead. Heh, can u imagine it crushing that Slugma with Crabhammer? *evil grin*

A nice opening to the Johto league tornament. I look forward to the upcoming battles, they definatly will get better and better
9/10

AKA Pokemon Fan
8th October 2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
How anything without feet could propel itself into the air, or use such a high speed technique such as Double Team is beyond me. 9/10
Well Double Team involves the creation of energy clones that give the impression of many moving about rapidly and isn't related to speed. Also, given that, like a real slug, its lower body is like a big muscle, it makes sense that by contracting and expanding its muscular foot/lower body it could leap in the air.

Gravy
9th October 2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Well Double Team involves the creation of energy clones that give the impression of many moving about rapidly and isn't related to speed
Well, I suppose that explains how a Slugma could use the technique. Most other pokémon I've seen using it have had to run around in a circle or something to generate them. I guess that explains how the enregy needed for double team is produced by some pokémon.