PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II Fighter's Thread!

Saturos
18th September 2003, 04:56 PM
Okay, this thread is based upon your appeal to SCII. You can discuss:

Favorite characters.
Questions (how to get: weapons, characters, unlockables, and areas in Weapons Master Mode)
Use of weapons on which character.
What difficulties are you having?
What other characters would you like in SCII?

This is open for all PS2, XBOX and GCN versions. You can discuss anything else on SCII that was not mentioned. Help each other out by giving advice. Have a good time discussing. I'll help others out too.

Here is a list of the fighters from SCII. If you just recently bought game, going to buy it, or own it and don't know all the characters.

Original Characters in the game:

Astaroth
Cassandra Alexandra: Cassandra
Isabella Valentine: Ivy
Kilik
Maxi
Heishiro Mitsurugi: Mitsurugi
Necrid
Nightmare
Raphael
Taki
Talim
Voldo
Chai Xianghua: Xianghua
Hong Yunsung: Yungsung

3 Console Exclusives:

PS2: Heihachi (Tekken fame)
GCN: Link (The Legend of Zelda; duh!)
XBOX: Spawn (...)

Hidden Characters:

Cervantes de Leon: Cervantes
Charade
Seung Mina
Sophitia Alexandra: Sophitia
Yoshimitsu (Tekken fame)

3 Bonus Characters not released on JP version, also clones or rehashed:

Assassin (Like Xianghua and Yunsung)
Berserker (Like Astaroth)
Lizardman (Like Sophitia)

Which is your favorite?

~Saturos

Saturos
18th September 2003, 05:01 PM
Okay, I'll start it off first.

Does anyone know how to get the Arcade Opening without doing Survival Mode Extreme 4 times?

Saturos
19th September 2003, 04:26 PM
Here is a list of the fighters from SCII. If you just recently bought game, going to buy it, or own it and don't know all the characters.

Original Characters in the game:

Astaroth
Cassandra Alexandra: Cassandra
Isabella Valentine: Ivy
Kilik
Maxi
Heishiro Mitsurugi: Mitsurugi
Necrid
Nightmare
Raphael
Taki
Talim
Voldo
Chai Xianghua: Xianghua
Hong Yunsung: Yungsung

3 Console Exclusives:

PS2: Heihachi (Tekken fame)
GCN: Link (The Legend of Zelda; duh!)
XBOX: Spawn (...)

Hidden Characters:

Cervantes de Leon: Cervantes
Charade
Seung Mina
Sophitia Alexandra: Sophitia
Yoshimitsu (Tekken fame)

3 Bonus Characters not released on JP version, also clones or rehashed:

Assassin (Like Xianghua and Yunsung)
Berserker (Like Astaroth)
Lizardman (Like Sophitia)

Which is your favorite?

~Saturos

Powarun
19th September 2003, 07:39 PM
Isn't triple posting illegal, where there is just the edit button?

Well I found it a pretty good game, favorite character,
Male Link, hey he is a classic.
Female Sophita (SP?), she was just a random character I decided to use.
Unknow Charade, if only I could choose his weapon.

Weapon, Soul Calibure the main 2 bladed one, the weapon is awsome and when I got my free art book I just stared at it, gaping at its power.

And I played this game for about 10 hours now, and it still hasn't become repetive in Weapons master mode.

Saturos
19th September 2003, 07:58 PM
Sorry about the triple posting Powarun. I meant to include the character list in this threads SCII rules. I kind of have a bad habit for waiting for something to happen. (waiting for Pokemon RS and SCII)

And I asked a question about how to get the Arcade Opening without clearing Extra Survival Extreme mode 4x in a row.

But no one replied about it, so I got worried about people not replying back because they don't know about me a lot. A lot of people don't usually reply with good remarks on the status of my threads I have made. Then a Mod usually closes it because they don't like it. But you made me happy for replying on this thread. Thank you :) !

Sorry for getting caught up there. Does anyone have any move combos they are requesting for on a certain character?

You're more than welcome to ask me anything or have a SCII discussion. Powarun, would you mind also helping me out on this thread?

~Saturos

ryandude713
27th September 2003, 05:14 PM
I like Talim, Taki and Sophitia, cuz they is buff and very fast
thats all i can say

Bashaamo
30th September 2003, 10:17 PM
Link and Talim are my favorites. Charade isn't too bad, either. I just wish that I could change the weapons. I hate it when I end up with Astaroth's ax. I always get clobbered...

Two quick questions. First, how do you unlock the Lizardman thing? Second, how do you get Link to run up his opponent's chest and whack them in the head with his sword? I never figured that one out.

Misdreavus
1st October 2003, 02:58 PM
Link is my favorite. Does anyone know how I can get more weapons for him? I only have the Master Sword, the Armos Series, and the Biggoron's Sword. I hear he can get the Great Fairy's sword, which I really want, but I also want all other weapons for him. Anyone know where I can find a guide to getting all of Link's weapons? Thanks.

BTW, I checked GameFAQs.

ozhater1
2nd October 2003, 03:10 PM
I Dont Know About The Fairy's Sword But He Can Get Mirror Shield and Razor Sword, As For A Guide I Haven't Seen Any On The Net But The Nintendo Power With FFTA On The Cover Has The Complete Guide To SCII's Link

Saturos
2nd October 2003, 05:24 PM
A tip before using Lizardman; get used to Sophitia first. Lizardman is just like using Sophitia, same move patterns and such.

Lizardman is unlocked by beating all stages in Alioth, Sub Chapter 2.

The throw for Link is called "Running Slash". You use "(B)+(G)"
On the GCN controller, (B) is X and (G) is R, L, or B. It's one of my most favorite throws for Link, and looks stunning too!

~Saturos

Musourenka
3rd October 2003, 10:59 AM
Just to clarify, the numbers I use represent directions to press:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

And [A] means to hold A, bA means to hit B then QUICKLY hit A, 8wr means 8-Way-Run, and CH means Counter Hit (you have to score a Counter Hit with the move, most often an Attack or Backdash Counter). I also use WS as the connotation for While Rising (same as While Standing), not WR.

Some meaty stuff for Cassandra (and note that damage is points off a 240 lifebar):

- 3B, 236B - 66 damage
- 66K, 236B - 57 damage
- A+B, 3B - 71 damage if you get both hits of the A+B, 54 if you only get the last hit of A+B (i.e. you do it from its maximum range)
- 66B+G, step forward a bit, 3A+B ( ) - 74 damage
- 44[A]B - 75 damage
- 44[A], 3B, 236B - 109 damage; very potent if they whiff a Guard Impact.
- last hit of bAAA 3A+B - 64 damage; I don't use bAAA that much because only the first two hits combo, and you are vulnerable if the last hit misses or is blocked. Normally, I use just the first two hits - bAA - and work off the frame advantage I get.
- last hit of B6B, 44B+K - 64 damage; again, something I almost never use because B6B NEVER combos, not even on Counter Hit (it did on the arcade version, and it also comboed on crouching opponents. In the arcade version, the B6B, 44B+K combo against crouching opponents did 80 damage -- a third of your life gone for ducking against a basic B attack. Insane).
- While rising [A], 44B+K - 79 damage. A combo I don't use because WS A sucks, and it takes too long to charge up.
- CH B+KB, 236B - 101 damage. The Angel's Exile will miss against light opponents (basically any female sans Ivy).
- CH 3AB, 236B - 96 damage.
- CH 1K, 44B+K - 62 damage.
- CH 6AK - 55 damage.
- CH 44AB - 62 damage.
- CH B6, 44B+K - 60 damage.
- CH 8wr 2_8KK - 51 damage.
- CH 8wr 1_7AK - 63 damage.
- CH 8wr 3_9KK - 50 damage.

Stuff to remember:

3A+B, B6, 66A+B, 236AB, 236B, and 236K can all go under high attacks. A+B can, too, but the tech-crouch (high avoiding) window is very small. 8wr 1_7B can dodge highs AND mid thrusts and horizontals.

236B is her best punishing move -- use it after blocking an opponent's attack that leaves them vulnerable.

2K is a very, very fast low. Use it to keep your opponent off-guard. 1A is good for wake-ups and keeping them on the ground. 1K is good for Counter Hunting (i.e. trying to score a Counter Hit). 8wr 1_7B is a nice low poke.

Her kicks are great. K comes out really fast. 3K comes out very fast, and stops sidesteppers well. It also cannot be broken (because it's not a horizontal weapon attack). 6K gives nice advantage on hit. 2K and 1K are also very good.

B+K can sidestep attacks as long as they don't cover the opponent's left side (as Cassandra jumps to the right). Aim for B+KB if you believe you can get the counter hit.

3AB. Awesome damage on Counter hit, but don't do the B unless you know you'll get a CH.

bAA gives a lot of hitstun. I use it often.

3A, 3K, 66A, and AK are her main step killers. AK is risky on block (you'll get hit by the enemy's AA), as is 66A (harder to punish, but most can get an AA). 3A and 3K are safe, though.

Cassandra a short range character? Not quite. A+B and 66A+B are VERY good moves and have quite a bit of range. A+B will also jump over lows and has some tracking (i.e. follows people who 8-way-run), plus it is completely safe on block (of course, they can hit you out of anything you try to do, so don't attack immediately afterwards if they block). A warning: Never, ever use this move at close range -- it's too slow and Cassandra TURNS as she does it -- attacks that connect while you start this move will hit Cassandra in the back, which means even more damage above and beyond the counter hit. 66A+B is fast for its range, will dodge highs, and knocks back VERY far (think Nightmare's Dropkick). It also does some very nice damage (52, to be exact). It can be sidestepped easily, plus it's somewhat risky on block. 6B also has some nice range for a simple poke.

Cassandra's main weakness, in my opinion, is her lack of strong blockstun moves. BK and 44[A] are all she has that gives +0 or higher on block. 44[A] is +5 on block, but it's too slow to be used as such (you usually use it for testing what your opponent will do, and nail them with the big combo if they decide to be stupid). BK is her only reliable one, and it merely puts both at neutral advantage (but the opponent is in a crouching state). You can usually do fast attacks afterward without fear of retailiation, but there are some characters that will beat almost anything you throw out: Raph has his 6BB that will stop all but basic As, and Sophitia has her very scary 236B -- you should pretty much forget about using BK against her.

And, FYI, Lizardman is a combination of Sophitia AND Cassandra.

ozhater1
3rd October 2003, 11:02 AM
Link Is My Fave Too My Current Link Are

Link Lv. 89 Biggorons Sword
Link Lv. 99 Master Sword

Kyl3
4th October 2003, 01:33 PM
Ever since a had the demo with to characters. Nightmare & Cassandra. NIGHTMARE was a machine! I love Nightmare, specially with Soul Calibur. :yes:

PNT510
4th October 2003, 07:40 PM
I am disapointed with SC2, the gameplay is great, but after you beat WMM there is next to nothing to do in single player. Multiplayer is great though.

Spawn and Link are my best characters, although Spawn has the cooler weapons.

GreenShirT
6th October 2003, 12:28 PM
If you wanted to know, the GameCube version has sold the most copies. (y)

ozhater1
7th October 2003, 03:29 PM
No one should buy the ps2 version anyway

Starry Might
8th October 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
Spawn and Link are my best characters, although Spawn has the cooler weapons.
Uhh...how can Link be one of your best characters if you have (according to your response in a "SC2"-related poll), the Xbox version? :confused:

Anyhoo...

*TURNS HER ATTENTION TO THE GENERAL TOPIC*

I've had "SC2" since early September, and it rocks. :yes: I'm currently working on clearing the second round of Weapon Master mode.

The Top 5 characters in terms of total usage on my copy of the game are (as of 10-8-03):

(1) Cassandra
(2) Kilik (my Dad likes to use him, too)
(3) Ivy
(4) Seung Mina
(5) Sophitia

Cassandra is the one who has been used the most by FAR. However, Kilik and Ivy see lots of action, and Seung Mina has been in her fair share of fights. Sophitia is used occasionally. I can't remember the exact percentages percentages, though...I'll have to update this when I get the chance.

*TURNS HER ATTENTION TO SATUROS*

Originally posted by Saturos
Does anyone know how to get the Arcade Opening without doing Survival Mode Extreme 4 times?
Uhhh...even though I haven't done this (yet), I think you're mistaken about how do actually get what you want...

Originally from the BradyGAMES "SC2" Guide
Opening (Arcade Version) is an unlockable movie that is obtained through Extra Time Attack (Extreme). Playing through until the end of this mode or attempting this mode five times unlocks the movie.

Anyway, Saturos...can I help you answer people's questions about the game to the best of my ability?

Musourenka
9th October 2003, 02:10 PM
Cassandra is also my #1. I've been using her since... uh... November, I think. Hopefully the stuff I typed helps you, Starry.

Forgot about one other move: 6B. Great long range poke. Very annoying. Too bad it is high.

Saturos
9th October 2003, 05:40 PM
Sure thing, Starry Might! Anyone is allowed to help out when needed (I think I'm sounding like Bjarni there...) ! So what I'm saying Starry, you're more than welcome to help out on this thread, if that is what you want to do.

And thanks, Starry, for the thing about the Arcade Opening. That really helped me out. Has anyone else obtained the Arcade Opening?

~Adam

Starry Might
10th October 2003, 02:25 PM
Sure thing, Starry Might! Anyone is allowed to help out when needed (I think I'm sounding like Bjarni there...) ! So what I'm saying Starry, you're more than welcome to help out on this thread, if that is what you want to do.
Thanks! :D

And thanks, Starry, for the thing about the Arcade Opening. That really helped me out. Has anyone else obtained the Arcade Opening?
You're welcome. :) (As for the Arcade Opening...I haven't got it yet.)

EDIT (10-11-03): I'm adding a question to this post that I actually wanted to ask yesterday, but didn't.

There is a dungeon in Subchapter 4 of Weapon Master Mode (I can't remember its name exactly, but I do remember that it has the word "Mandible" in it). The Win Condition is to find your way out of the dungeon and beat the final boss before your HEALTH runs out.

Can somebody who's beat this dungeon tell me exactly what to expect? I looked at a Weapon Master Mode FAQ on GameFAQs, but I need more info!

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Saturos
11th October 2003, 09:03 PM
Starry Might, I actually have conquered ALL of Weapons Master Mode! "Ruchba's Mandible", Subchapter 4... You basically can't really "lose" in this dungeon at all. See, your health is low, but after each battle, your given a slight increase in health! If you get KOed, that's okay, you don't start back at the end of the dungeon. When you're KOed by the same opponent, you restart the fight with how much health you lost before from the last match. See what I'm saying?

BUT, when you finally defeat the foe with low health and go against the next one, you'll start the next fight with low health. If you want to cheat, use Link with his Great Fairy Sword; he recovers health throughout each match!

~Adam

PS: Starry Might, I did the Extra Time Attack x5 and I still didn't get the Arcade Opening! Do I have to do the Extreme part on it? Or what am I doing wrong?

Misdreavus
12th October 2003, 09:11 AM
How can I unlock Ivy's 4th costume?

Starry Might
12th October 2003, 05:28 PM
Yeesh! I would have gotten in here and responded to this earlier, but the boards suddenly refused to load! ANYWAY...

Starry Might, I actually have conquered ALL of Weapons Master Mode! "Ruchba's Mandible", Subchapter 4... You basically can't really "lose" in this dungeon at all. See, your health is low, but after each battle, your given a slight increase in health! If you get KOed, that's okay, you don't start back at the end of the dungeon. When you're KOed by the same opponent, you restart the fight with how much health you lost before from the last match. See what I'm saying?

BUT, when you finally defeat the foe with low health and go against the next one, you'll start the next fight with low health. If you want to cheat, use Link with his Great Fairy Sword; he recovers health throughout each match!

~Adam
I see. :yes:

PS: Starry Might, I did the Extra Time Attack x5 and I still didn't get the Arcade Opening! Do I have to do the Extreme part on it? Or what am I doing wrong?
It has to be Extreme Time Attack Mode. The official BradyGAMES guide says so, and so does a Collection FAQ by r_mage over at GameFAQs.

Originally posted by Misdreavus
How can I unlock Ivy's 4th costume?
Ivy doesn't have a 4th costume. :o

Kyl3
12th October 2003, 05:47 PM
Do all the characters have a 3rd costume. Because I have 3rd costumes for alot of people but some I don't. So where can I get them?

Saturos
12th October 2003, 09:17 PM
I own the GCN version, so I may have mistakes on how many costumes Heihachi and Spawn have.

Mitsurgi: 3
Heihachi: 2 or 3
Link: 4
Spawn: 2 or 3
Necrid: 2
Taki: 3
Talim: 3
Cassandra: 3
YunSung: 2
Raphael: 3
Kilik: 2
Xianghua: 3
Maxi: 2
Yoshimitsu: 2
Charade: 2
Nightmare: 3
Ivy: 3
Cervantes: 2
Sophitia: 3
Astaroth: 3
Voldo: 3
Seung Mina: 3
Lizardman: 6
Assassin: 6
Berserker: 6

The 3rd costume for certain characters are always in Weapons Master Mode. Lizardman, Assassin, and Berserker have 6 because they are special characters only available OUTSIDE Japan; surprised about that?

Starry Might, I did unlock the Arcade Opening, but it was only a very short movie showing the Soul Cailbur (Evil) and the announcer saying:

"Transending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold."

~Adam

Starry Might
13th October 2003, 02:48 PM
Saturos: Heihachi and Spawn only have 2 costumes. I don't have the PS2 or XBox versions, but I know this thanks to a cool "SC2"-site me and my Dad have come across awhile back...it's done by a guy named Felix and has lots of great pictures of different things! :D

There are two sections of the site I just mentioned which have pictures of the characters (sans Assassin, Beserker, and Lizardman) in all their costumes:

Character selection screens: http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-csel.html

Costumes: http://www.felixmcli.org/sc2-costumes.html

EDIT (10-17-03): I should have said this way sooner, but there's LOTS of images on Felix's site...proceed with extreme caution, modem users!

*HOPES THAT THIS ISN'T CONSIDERED ADVERTISING, EVEN THOUGH THE WEB PAGE DOESN'T BELONG TO HER, AND THE LINKS GO TO SPECIFIC SECTIONS OF THE SITE*

Also, I'm glad you finally got the Arcade Opening...sounds rather disappointing, though. :( ([SPOILER!]I still don't have the Arcade Opening, but I bought the Arcade Ending from Weapon Master Mode...it was just a short little movie, too, showing Soul Edge turn to stone and then shatter.[/SPOILER!])

Cheesey
14th October 2003, 10:34 AM
I like Link, Charade, and Yunsung. Link's just plain cool and he's a really strong character - Pretty fast too. Charade's freaky but he's very good and deadly when you use him right - I don't know why I like Yunsung. O_o

I don't like Ivy >F Well, actually, I do but she keeps defeating me whenever I battle her X_x;; And Voldo... That crazed blind servant is freaky and very annoying ><;

Saturos
14th October 2003, 04:48 PM
Did you know that Mitsurugi has a cigarette in his mouth on his 3rd costume O_O Anyways, this thread is becoming a hit, thanks for all your support :)

I beat up so many characters last night while chatting on the phone with my girlfriend and her sister, in Extra Survival Mode No Recovery. I think I got 24 wins and I lost to Ivy :( Cheesey was right, Ivy is hard to defeat, especially since her blade can extend into a whip and "Strangle" you to death and all...

~Adam

Shadow Djinn
15th October 2003, 01:25 AM
Ivy is that evil person I always lose to....So cheap. X_X. She just keeps swinging the darn Valentine thing around....Anyways..My favorites...

1. Charade( Speed=good)
2. Link: Great Fairy Sword
3. Kilik: Kali-Yuga
4. Nightmare: Faust
5. Assasin: Forgot what it was..
6. Necrid (XD?): Infernal Edge
7. Cervantes: Phlegethon
8. Seung Mina: Bardiche
9. Yungsung: Ramdao
10. Talim: Double Crescent Blade

Talim is just plain powerful...Yungsung's grab rocks...Seung Mina and Kilik's range is just plain good, Nightmare is a killing machine, Assasin is....just something..o_O; Cervante's Combos rock, Necrid is just weird and has cool moves....Link and Charade are fast. I think the only characters I -don't- like are Ivy, Casandra, Sophitia, Voldo, and Raphael. Raphael kinda acts....weird. O_O;

I just wish they had Siegfried...in the original Soul Calibur he rocked....

By the way Saturos....the whip is called the Valentine Whip.

Starry Might
16th October 2003, 03:07 PM
Okie-dokie, last night, I finally beat every last stage in Weapon Master Mode on my second pass. Also, I believe that because I cleared Alioth, I got a new title screen that features the characters. :D

Current Rank (as of 10-16-03): Platinum Edgemaster

*UPDATED* My Top 5 Characters by usage (as of 10-16-03):

(1) Kilik
(2) Cassandra
(3) Seung Mina
(4) Ivy
(5) Sophitia

*AHEM* Anyway, if anybody here is having trouble with Weapon Master Mode - and doesn't mind using cheese tactics to beat it - then listen up!

Awhile back, my Dad went out of state (Wyoming) to help fix up some things in the little town where my Grandma (my Dad's Mom) lives. Two of my cousins were there, and he brought up my copy of "Soul Calibur 2" for them to play with. When my Dad came home, he shared with me a couple of moves that can be abused against the computer opponents in Weapon Master Mode (perhaps the other modes, too. depending on the Difficulty Level):

(1) Raphael's Triple Botta in Tempo (Forward B B B)

(2) Kilik's Ying Rising (Forward B + K)

(3) Seung Mina's Wheel (Forward B + K) (I discovered this cheap move on my own.)

Bascially, you just keep using these moves over and over again...for the most part, the computer is too stupid to do anything about them!

Keep in mind, though, that these aren't 100% foolproof all the time...but boy, they sure make your life (and unlocking stuff) easier! (And, of course, don't even THINK of abusing these moves against all but the absolute stupidest human opponents, or you'll get 0wned faster than you can say "Over already?")

Here's a couple of other cheapo tactics me and my Dad found online the night before:

Originally from GameWinners.com
Hint: Ivy: Easy Wins:
Go near the the edge of the stage (with your back facing it) and have your opponent follow you. Use Primal Dominance (A + G) for instant ring outs. If your opposition does not fall off but is close to the edge (this time with his/her back facing it), use Rising Mind Shatter (Up + K) to send them off.
Information in this section was contributed by JJemil.
The Primal Dominance Ring Out trick is invaluable against Taki in the Extra Mission of Chapter 4, Stage 3!

Originally from GameWinners.com
Hint: Kilik: Easy Wins:
In weapon master mode, choose either the Kunloon [sic ~ Starry Might] Bamboo Rod or Jingu Rod. Only use horizontal attacks in the battle. When you have hit your opponent on the ground, run towards them. Even when you reach them, keep running forward. When your opponent starts to get up, press A [or whatever button executes a horizontal attack in your version if you don't have the GCN version ~ Starry Might] while still holding Forward. This will catch your opponent off-guard almost every time, and will keep hitting them into the ground. Keep repeating this and they will never have a chance to hit you.
Information in this section was contributed by BKRISTOFOR.
Timing is everything with this trick...if you do the Cross Bo (the move in question) too early, you'll have a problem! (EDIT [10-17-03]: Last night, me and my Dad were messin' around in "SC2", and this trick would work for Seung Mina, too.)

And finally, a Totally Useless (but I'm gonna tell you anyway :P) Little "SC2"-Related Tidbit: The name "Kilik" is a palindrome, meaning that the spelling is the exact same both forwards and backwards. (I realized this as part of my train of thought when I woke up in the middle of the night before).

Musourenka
16th October 2003, 06:05 PM
Yeah, Raphael's 6B series is nice.

For poking purposes, I simply do 6[ B] -> Prep4 6A a few times.

6BB:A+B+K~G~236A+B is also fun.

On CH, 6BBB is Natural combo. I usually like to do 6BB[ B] because if they get stupid, they eat a Prep3 B.

With 6BB[ B] and 66[ B], you can also do Prep3 6[ A] -> Prep1 A, which is a fun bait.

Saturos
18th October 2003, 09:32 PM
Speaking of Raphael, he made my day going against people at my local mall. At GameStop, they had a tournament going on for SCII, only on the GCN and XBOX. Why not PS2? Because that version sucks. Anyway, about the tournament, all the people in the store flocked towards the GCN to play it (Link anyone?). No one cared for the XBOX version because the controls were too darn hard. I, myself, tried Spawn and found him quite... DUMB.

The poor Hellspawn can't even move without sacrificing any attack range he has. And what a potty mouth he has! "So, is this really what that bastard wanted?" says Spawn when he obtains the Soul Edge. Or, "I don't give a damn for your life.", something like that and, "All this battling starting to piss me off." or what?
That is what I feel about Spawn; a stupid waste for XBOX to think their system is better at things, let alone that they'll get customers to buy the XBOX version with a potty-mouthed retard son of a gun. If you know what I mean. Although, you don't need a memory card to play the game... At least the new GCN coming in 2005-06 will have a built-in hardrive.

Anyways, about Raphael, I defeated at least 6 people in line using him! With 5 round battling. Everyone who went against me thought they had something to prove with Link, they thought wrong!

~Adam~

The Muffin Man
18th October 2003, 09:47 PM
Speaking of Raphael, he made my day going against people at my local mall. At GameStop, they had a tournament going on for SCII, only on the GCN and XBOX. Why not PS2? Because that version sucks. Anyway, about the tournament, all the people in the store flocked towards the GCN to play it (Link anyone?). No one cared for the XBOX version because the controls were too darn hard. I, myself, tried Spawn and found him quite... DUMB.

The poor Hellspawn can't even move without sacrificing any attack range he has. And what a potty mouth he has! "So, is this really what that bastard wanted?" says Spawn when he obtains the Soul Edge. Or, "I don't give a damn for your life.", something like that and, "All this battling starting to piss me off." or what?
That is what I feel about Spawn; a stupid waste for XBOX to think their system is better at things, let alone that they'll get customers to buy the XBOX version with a potty-mouthed retard son of a gun. If you know what I mean. Although, you don't need a memory card to play the game... At least the new GCN coming in 2005-06 will have a built-in hardrive.

Anyways, about Raphael, I defeated at least 6 people in line using him! With 5 round battling. Everyone who went against me thought they had something to prove with Link, they thought wrong!

~Adam~

*sniffsniff*smells like Fanboy in here.

Do you know who Spawn is? His comics were "mature"...
He's got freakish speed and strength. Short-range and low-defense is ALL they can handicap.

I doubt you even won ONE match. Tell me, did you utilize Raphaels best statistical advantage against all these Links?

Lezta
19th October 2003, 02:21 AM
Xbox controller = just like the Dreamcast controller.

For Soul Calibur games, that means (y)

powermudkip
22nd October 2003, 08:43 PM
Uh...My best character is Link,so I was wondering how the hell you get the Great Fairy Sword?!

Starry Might
23rd October 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by powermudkip
Uh...My best character is Link,so I was wondering how the hell you get the Great Fairy Sword?!
You buy it in Extra Chapter 2 (Cepheus) in Weapon Master Mode.

EDIT: Okay, I'm gonna elaborate on what I said above earlier. (I actually have my GameCube on as I'm typing this!)

Okay, first, you must clear the first round of Weapon Master Mode missions. That done, clear Stage 3 (Hero's Trail) of Subchapter 3 (Pollux) to unlock Subchapter 4 (Procyon). Then, beat that Subchapter to unlock Extra Chapter 2, where you can not only buy Link's Great Fairy Sword, but also the other characters' Legendary Weapons; Talim, Cassandra, Taki, Voldo, Xianghua, Sophitia, and Seung Mina's 3rd Costumes (these costumes can be bought in other places in Weapon Master Mode, BTW); and the Arcade Ending. :D

powermudkip
23rd October 2003, 09:15 PM
O_O Very confusing...But thanks ^^;.
How do you get the Soul Edges though?(or whatever,I haven't played it in a long while)
And what do the weak weapons do?The guide says that it let the enemy's guard down but want to know what it truely does.

ozhater1
24th October 2003, 07:36 AM
1. Does Link have two items maximum? (ex. Soul Edge and Mirror Shield at the same time) Is my example possible?

2. How do I get Soul Edge for Link?

3. How do I get Mirror Shield for Link?

4. How do I get Biggoron Sword for Link?

5. How do I get Link's third costume (blue I think)?

6. How do I get Nightmare's third costume (the knight type armor)?

7. How do I get Soul Calibur for Nightmare?

8. How do I get Soul Calibur (Evil) for Xiaghuna?

9. How do I get Soul Calibur for Xiaghuna?

10. How do I get Soul Calibur for Talim (or does Taki get it)?

11. Which of the two swords, Soul Edge or Biggoron Sword is better for Link?

12. Which Soul Calibur Is better for Xiaghuna Evil or Regular?

Starry Might
24th October 2003, 03:43 PM
O_O Very confusing...But thanks ^^;.
How do you get the Soul Edges though?(or whatever,I haven't played it in a long while)
And what do the weak weapons do?The guide says that it let the enemy's guard down but want to know what it truely does.
You're welcome. :) BTW, I'm now thinking (from memory) that you don't need to clear ALL of Subchapter 4 to unlock Extra Chapter 2...this is because I remember going into Ruchba's Mandible with Seung Mina, and her Legendary Weapon (Hraesvelgr) was one of the weapons I used in there. Clearing Lynx Arbor (Stage 4?) should open the way to Cepheus.

As for your other questions...

*TURNS ON HER GAMECUBE AND OPENS HER GUIDE BOOK*

The Soul Edge weapons are in Extra Chapter 1 (Castor). To get there, clear the first round of missions of Weapon Master Mode. Next, go to Chapter 9 (Algol) and clear Stage 4 (Northern Algol) to open the way to Extra Chapter 1, where you can buy not only the Soul Edge weapons for everyone, but also Raphael, Mitsurugi, Voldo, Nightmare, and Astaroth's 3rd Costumes (these can be bought elsewhere in Weapon Master Mode, BTW...futhermore, Nightmare's 3rd Costume can be won in Stage 6 of Chapter 8 on your first jaunt though WMM); and (if you have the GCN version, which you do, powermudkip) Link's 3rd and 4th Costumes. (You must buy Link's 3rd Costume to make his 4th Costume available for purchase here.)

You don't need to buy Astaroth, Cassandra, Mitsurugi, Necrid, Taki, Voldo, and Xianghua's Soul Edges, though, 'cause you can win them in various Subchapter and Extra Chapter missions.

And the Joke Weapons? Well...according to a Weapon Guide by ForteMP3 on GameFAQs, the difficulty level of the computer opponents goes down when you fight them with a Joke Weapon. (I personally can't confirm this, however.)

*LOOKS AT OZHATER1'S LIST O' QUESTIONS* Good grief! :o

Ooookay...

1. Does Link have two items maximum? (ex. Soul Edge and Mirror Shield at the same time) Is my example possible?

It's not possible to mix and match any weapons and shields in the game.

2. How do I get Soul Edge for Link?

Buy it at the Shop in Extra Chapter 1 (Castor). See my reply to powermudkip's question about the Soul Edge weapons earlier in this post for instructions on how to reach Castor.

3. How do I get Mirror Shield for Link?

Buy it at the Shop in Chapter 6 (Aldebaran), Chapter 7 (Rigel), or Subchapter 3 (Pollux).

4. How do I get Biggoron Sword for Link?

Buy it at the Shop in Chapter 8 (Merak), Chapter 10 (Antares), or Subchapter 3 (Pollux).

5. How do I get Link's third costume (blue I think)?

Buy it at the Shop in Extra Chapter 1 (Castor). (BTW, after you buy Link's 3rd Costume, his 4th Costume becomes available for purchase at the same place.)

6. How do I get Nightmare's third costume (the knight type armor)?

You can either win it in Chapter 8 (Merak), Stage 6 (Grand Shrine of Merak), or you can buy it in Chapter 4 (Mizar) or Extra Chapter 1 (Castor). I recommend winning it at Merak, so you can save some money (costumes are NOT cheap!).

7. How do I get Soul Calibur for Nightmare?

Buy it at the Shop in Extra Chapter 2 (Cepheus). See my previous post for instructions on reaching Cepheus.

8. How do I get Soul Calibur (Evil) for Xiaghuna?

Beat Chapter 5 (Altair), Stage 2 (Paradise of Altair).

9. How do I get Soul Calibur for Xiaghuna?

Buy it at the Shop in Extra Chapter 2 (Cepheus).

10. How do I get Soul Calibur for Talim (or does Taki get it)?

You can buy Talim's Soul Calibur at Extra Chapter 2 (Cepheus). Taki doesn't get Soul Calibur...her Legendary Weapon is Kris Naga (which, like the other characters' Legendary Weapons, can be bought in Extra Chapter 2).

11. Which of the two swords, Soul Edge or Biggoron Sword is better for Link?

*SHRUGS* According to my guide book, Biggoron's Sword has a long reach and 130% Offense, but Link takes damage with each strike regardless of whether it's successful or not. His Soul Edge has 140% Offense and 135% Defense, but drains his health over the course of a match. What do you think?

12. Which Soul Calibur Is better for Xiaghuna Evil or Regular?

Personally, I'd use the "regular" Soul Calibur, 'cause while both weapons have 120% Offense, the normal Soul Calibur has somewhat better defense than Soul Calibur (Evil) - 80% VS 70% - and it restores health with each successful strike! :D

Phew! *WIPES BROW*

powermudkip
24th October 2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks again but I have a problem.
I can't go to the 4th level.

Starry Might
24th October 2003, 06:15 PM
Thanks again but I have a problem.
I can't go to the 4th level.
First of all, you're welcome! :)

Second, can you please elaborate on what you mean by "4th level"? :confused:

powermudkip
24th October 2003, 06:21 PM
Sorry,I mean the one in Chapter 9.You know, the one that isn't avalible(spelling? X.x)at first.

Starry Might
25th October 2003, 01:02 PM
Sorry,I mean the one in Chapter 9.You know, the one that isn't avalible(spelling? X.x)at first.
Northern Algol? Okay, let me turn my Gamecube on real quick...

*TURNS ON GAMECUBE*

Did you already beat Weapon Master Mode the first time around? If not, you'll have to do that first before you can play the Extra Missions of previously beaten missions, as well as the all-new missions. :)

If you already did that...did you clear the Extra Missions of Stage 1 (Corridor of the Sky), Stage 2 (Ancient Amphitheater), and Stage 3 (Reclusive Palace)? (I'm not sure if clearing the Extra Mission of Stage 2 - whose path leads to Stage 4 - is the minimum for reaching it, or if you have to beat Stage 3's Extra Mission to do it...it's been awhile since I beat those stages in my personal WMM game. *SIGHS* :()

ozhater1
25th October 2003, 01:06 PM
13. How much gold does Link's Soul Edge cost?

14. How much gold does Link's Biggoron Sword Sword cost?

15. How much gold does Link's Mirror Shield cost?

16. How much gold does Link's third costume cost?

17. How much gold does Link's fourth costume cost?

18. How much gold does Nightmare's Soul Calibur cost?

19. How do I get Nightmare's Soul Edge (growth), if I have to buy it at a shop how much gold does it cost?

20. How do I get Nightmare's Soul Edge (complete), if I have to buy it at a shop how much gold does it cost?

21. How much does Xianghua's Soul Calibur cost?

22. Which of these three swords is best for Nightmare: Soul Calibur, Soul Edge (growth) or Soul Edge (complete) ?

23. If I play weapon master mode as Link can I buy weapons for other characters?

Starry Might
25th October 2003, 02:16 PM
*LOOKS AT OZHATER1'S NEW LIST OF QUESTIONS*

:o

*AHEM* Time to turn the ol' GameCube on and get out the ol' guide book again. GameFAQs may help me out here, too...

*TURNS ON GAMECUBE, OPENS UP GUIDE BOOK, AND SURFS TO GAMEFAQS ON ANOTHER I.E. WINDOW*

13. How much gold does Link's Soul Edge cost?

Depends on how often you've used him overall in the entire game. The more you use a character (check the Character Data section in the Records section of the Options menu in the main menu...you can also see Character Data by sitting around and watching the Demos that play if you're idle at the Title Screen), the more his/her stuff costs in Weapon Master Mode. There's an excellent Secrets FAQ by ruyeyama at GameFAQs that has sections on Inflation percentages and minimum costs of Weapons. It's for the PS2 version, but GameCube and XBox people can glean and adapt a bunch of stuff out of it, nonetheless. :)

Anyway, according to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' Soul Edge weapons cost at least 7,800 gold (uninflated price).

14. How much gold does Link's Biggoron Sword Sword cost?

Depends on how often you've used him overall in the entire game. The more you use a character (check the Character Data section in the Records section of the Options menu in the main menu...you can also see Character Data by sitting around and watching the Demos that play if you're idle at the Title Screen), the more his/her stuff costs in Weapon Master Mode.

According to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' 8th weapons cost at least 4,000 gold (uninflated price).

15. How much gold does Link's Mirror Shield cost?

Depends on how often you've used him overall in the entire game. The more you use a character (check the Character Data section in the Records section of the Options menu in the main menu...you can also see Character Data by sitting around and watching the Demos that play if you're idle at the Title Screen), the more his/her stuff costs in Weapon Master Mode.

According to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' 6th weapons cost at least 2,200 gold (uninflated price).

16. How much gold does Link's third costume cost?

Minimum Costume prices vary depending on the character. I don't know for sure what the minimum price of Link's outfits are...the FAQ I'm deriving info from is, like I said, for the PS2 version, and Heihachi doesn't have any buyable costumes. Sorry. :(

17. How much gold does Link's fourth costume cost?

See above.

18. How much gold does Nightmare's Soul Calibur cost?

According to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' Legendary weapons cost at least 9,800 gold (uninflated price).

19. How do I get Nightmare's Soul Edge (growth), if I have to buy it at a shop how much gold does it cost?

You can either win it in Stage 3 (Forbidden Grounds) of Chapter 7 (Rigel), or you can buy it at the Shop in Chapter 10 (Antares) or Subchapter 3 (Pollux). I recommend winning it at Chapter 7, so you can save some money.

20. How do I get Nightmare's Soul Edge (complete), if I have to buy it at a shop how much gold does it cost?

You have to buy Nightmare's Soul Edge at Extra Chapter 1 (Castor). Like I said before, according to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' Soul Edge weapons cost at least 7,800 gold (uninflated price).

21. How much does Xianghua's Soul Calibur cost?

Depends on how often you've used her overall in the entire game. The more you use a character (check the Character Data section in the Records section of the Options menu in the main menu...you can also see Character Data by sitting around and watching the Demos that play if you're idle at the Title Screen), the more his/her stuff costs in Weapon Master Mode.

You have to buy Xianghua's Soul Calibur at Extra Chapter 2 (Cepheus). As I said before, according to ruyeyama's FAQ, all characters' Legendary weapons cost at least 9,800 gold (uninflated price).

22. Which of these three swords is best for Nightmare: Soul Calibur, Soul Edge (growth) or Soul Edge (complete) ?

Hmmm...*LOOKS AT GUIDE BOOK*

Originally from BradyGAMES's "Soul Calibur 2" guide

Soul Edge (Growth)
Good offense and recovers health, but guard is penetrable.

Offense: 120% Defense: 100%
----------------------------------------------
Soul Edge (Growth) allows through 20% of damage from blocked attacks. Restores health over time.

Soul Edge (Complete)
Fearsome demonic weapon said to increase in power with Soul Charge...

Offense: 140% Defense: 140%
----------------------------------------------
Drains health over time; a Soul Charge drains health as well. the Soul Charge effect decreases over time.

Soul Calibur
Legendary Weapon. Wield it to discover its true power!

Offense: 100% Defense: 125%
---------------------------------------------
Restores health over time.
What do you think?

23. If I play weapon master mode as Link can I buy weapons for other characters?

Yes! :yes: Regardless of who you play as, you can buy weapons, costumes, etc., for ANY and ALL characters!

*PHEW* Hope this helps! :wave:

ozhater1
27th October 2003, 11:07 AM
one last question for a while

can I use weapons bought in weapon master in other modes?

Starry Might
27th October 2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ozhater1
one last question for a while

can I use weapons bought in weapon master in other modes?
Yes! :yes:

You can use acquired weapons in the "Extra" versions of Arcade, VS Battle, Time Attack, Team Battle, VS Team Battle, Survival, and Practice, and you can choose acquired weapons for characters in Battle Theater, Exhibition Theater, and their Profiles.

Good luck with your game! :wave:

ozhater1
27th October 2003, 02:35 PM
so I can only use them in modes with the word extra in front of them

Saturos
27th October 2003, 04:17 PM
Yes. 8)

Also, about Spawn, I'm not against him, it's just that I don't like the XBOX controls. Too hard. Besides, Namco did a better job on the exclusive characters on the GCN. Why? Well, look at Heihachi and Spawn. Their weapons only focus on ONE single type.

Heihachi: Armlets and Fists
Spawn: Axes
Link: Swords, Cane, Hammer, and a Bug Net.

Do you even know how they made Voldo's voice? See, Factor 5 mainly worked on Star Wars: Rogue's game with Dolby. Factor 5 also did with sound effects on the movie Jurassic Park, with the dinosaurs, such as the Velociraptor. I was watching Jurassic Park at school two weeks ago, and the Raptors that were breathing, sounded much like Voldo. If you go to Character Profiles and chose Voldo with his voice actor (Voice and hold L), it says "UNKNOWN". If you scroll down with Voldo's Breathing, some of it sounds like hoots and grunts as the Raptors from Jurassic Park!

Did you also know how they did the voice of Necrid? Namco did a voice of a person, then playing the voice sample backwards.

~Adam~

Starry Might
8th November 2003, 11:39 AM
Do you even know how they made Voldo's voice? See, Factor 5 mainly worked on Star Wars: Rogue's game with Dolby. Factor 5 also did with sound effects on the movie Jurassic Park, with the dinosaurs, such as the Velociraptor. I was watching Jurassic Park at school two weeks ago, and the Raptors that were breathing, sounded much like Voldo. If you go to Character Profiles and chose Voldo with his voice actor (Voice and hold L), it says "UNKNOWN". If you scroll down with Voldo's Breathing, some of it sounds like hoots and grunts as the Raptors from Jurassic Park!

Did you also know how they did the voice of Necrid? Namco did a voice of a person, then playing the voice sample backwards.

~Adam~
Really? Wow, that's quite interesting! :yes:

That thing about Necrid - does that mean if you somehow could record his voice samples out of the game and then edit them so that they play backwards, you'd discover what his voice actor (whoever he is) was really saying? (Hopefully, it's not some evil subliminal messages or dirty innuendos! :o LOL)

P.S. - Where'd you learn/figure out that stuff, anyway?

P.S.S. - Oh, and another thing - why did you edit your second-to-last post so far in ths topic instead of making a new one? I didn't even know there was anything new until you made that very last post.

Saturos
8th November 2003, 02:22 PM
Oh, I tried to let you come back on by replying a 2nd post to the last, Starry Might.

I was watching Jurassic Park at school, and all the Raptor's sounded to me like Voldo. But on G4TV, I think they made some show with SCII, but I don't have that channel. My friend 6 blocks away from my house, he said something about it, I guess that was a little while back, so I probably forgot about it at the moment...

GreenShirT
9th November 2003, 12:23 PM
My 2 main characters are Link and Talim. If I get beaten by an opponent in the game while using one of these the other can usually beat them.
Talim is super quick and awesome combos, plus I just love watching her go when all the combos string together and it looks way cool.
Link has great attacks like the sword-uppercut which is good if you can keep hitting them back up into the air without letting them touch the groud :D

Musourenka
9th November 2003, 01:03 PM
Talim has good combos?

I haven't found really good juggle combos for her. Yes, a lot of her stuff launches into the air, but I can't find a really good juggle finish. I have the same problems with Raphael (I usually just 3B, 3B as a simple juggle combo).

Saturos
10th November 2003, 05:09 PM
Talim has this one good juggle/combo that makes me mad. She always does it when I'm YunSung for the Rival Battle. She ticks me off sometimes, because she defeats me just like that with that "attack" she does...

Yoh Asakura
10th November 2003, 07:02 PM
Unlocked everything, everybody and everything for everybody the first day I got the game =D

I love it. Link and Talim for me ^_^v

IMHO I think that the PS2 has the worst version =) ((Should of had Sephiroth or Cloud instead of crappy Tekken guy >_< would of sold way more that way))

I bloody hate Voldo though! He really does annoy me >__<

Saturos
14th November 2003, 09:08 PM
YAMI YUGI, you sound like one my friend's younger brother. He completed the whole game within a day, too. Me? It took me 4 days... You must really be a fast player! Weapons Master Mode? You completed it that fast too? Geeze. You definitely must be fast!

Heck, it's very likely, and it's certainly not entirely impossible to do so...

Drago
28th November 2003, 07:07 PM
I just started playing SCII again recently, after long spurts of playing HCTP (PS2) and Mario Kart. And it's a good thing too, now I can get back to actually unlocking Lizardman. ^^;

RANDOM THOUGHTS
I generally use Link, Assassin and Seung Mina, and I haven't really gotten used to anyone else yet. I just stick with what I know, really.

I think Astaroth's second costume is his best. I mean, HE'S PURPLE!!

Just got Link's Great Fairy Sword, and Soul Edge (Complete). Pretty cool, though my favourite might still be the Magic Sword or Cane of Byrna...

I guess I don't shift things around as much as I should. Link's on 418 uses, while the second closest, Assassin, is only on 32...

Anyone else think GC got the best balance of characters? Not just by the inclusion of Link, but by the licenses. PS2 got Heihachi, but we've already got a Tekken character in Yoshimitsu. XBox got Spawn, but we still have the Todd McFarlane created Necrid. Obviously, a LOZ character isn't going to appear on either rivaling systems, but I think we got the sweetest deal by far.

And additionally, I've been a Spawn fan for years now. Only thing that I've been wondering, is why they used the modern Spawn, rather than Medieval Spawn, who arguably would've fit into the genre better? Guess it's so that there wouldn't be yet another sword/shield fighter...

Lezta
29th November 2003, 03:18 AM
Ivy.

If you can actually learn moves - Ivy is your friend. Ivy will kill you.... and it will look good.

Or just use Astaroth, that big, BIG axe turns me on. (Berzerker can go **** himself)

Link doesn't really work for me. I don't like how he pulls weapons out of nowhere. He's overused as well (liek omg, hes link omg!!!!!!11).

Maybe it's because I never could like the Zelda games...

Saturos
4th December 2003, 12:20 PM
Ivy does kick butt, though, she's the next hardest character next to her father, Cervantes. It takes a lot of time to master Ivy. But she's brutal, once you get used to her.

~Adam

Vega
4th December 2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Musourenka
Yeah, Raphael's 6B series is nice.

For poking purposes, I simply do 6[ B] -> Prep4 6A a few times.

6BB:A+B+K~G~236A+B is also fun.

On CH, 6BBB is Natural combo. I usually like to do 6BB[ B] because if they get stupid, they eat a Prep3 B.

With 6BB[ B] and 66[ B], you can also do Prep3 6[ A] -> Prep1 A, which is a fun bait.

lol. never thought i'd find anyone who this kind of shiz on a pokemon forum:D

the 6BB:SCC thing is great, takes the momentum of the match into your hands. it also opens up for more mixups.6[B]->Prep D 6A ownz big time tho. coz most ppl try to step for some reason, or they duck and PrepD 6A is a mid.

6B just allows for big mixups. thats prolly Raph's best move

Yoh Asakura
4th December 2003, 02:48 PM
YAMI YUGI, you sound like one my friend's younger brother. He completed the whole game within a day, too. Me? It took me 4 days... You must really be a fast player! Weapons Master Mode? You completed it that fast too? Geeze. You definitely must be fast!

Heck, it's very likely, and it's certainly not entirely impossible to do so...

It took me a little under 10 hours ^_^;; the hardest thing that I found was one of the sub-chapters. You play as Lizard Man and have to defeat your oponants by smashing them on the floor or wall -___-;;; it took me about... 12 attempts lmao

I've grown rather fond of Cervantes, I can pull off some killer combos using him. I still prefer Talim and Link though =x

Ivy... Pssh second hardest character to master, he moves are so complex.

I'd say the hardest to master is Cherade, since it's totally random =\

mvtm
9th December 2003, 02:57 PM
Hmm my favorite is Kilik , i havent checked the usage but i use it a bunch i like the moves , speed is ok , the only thing will be greatmore power and a 3rd costume. Then goes mitsu with its legendarys sword, that just owns.

And... i dont have a third , but well as far as my status i am in grand something , like 77 , i finished the WMM and i currently working on No Recovery records, i have 33 battles, My fave is Kilik with the Kulum Bambu , or with the Jingu Staff . And my favorite weapon is Yoshimitsu , soul edge one , yep the evil one.

Saturos
13th December 2003, 02:29 PM
Kilik doesn't have a 3rd costume. I wish other characters had more costumes to chose from, like from the SCII Artbook that I have.

Yoh Asakura
13th December 2003, 03:32 PM
I wanted to see Link in a Deep Jet Black...

Would be cool if you could make your own outfits =)

Like Add a pair of Fairy wings for links Fairy sword or some lil Bee wings for his Bug Catchers net XD

Starry Might
15th December 2003, 03:15 PM
Kilik doesn't have a 3rd costume. I wish other characters had more costumes to chose from, like from the SCII Artbook that I have.
I hear you, man! :yes:

I have that Artbook, too (my Dad won it for me on Ebay quite awhile back). I like it because of the pictures of costumes that didn't make the cut.

I think Kilik should have had the Black 'n' Red outfit depicted in his section of the Artbook as his 3rd Costume...not because it's necessarily my favorite (that honor goes to his Second Costume :D), but just so he HAS a 3rd Costume!

I'd also really liked to have seen Cassandra's Purple 'n' White Valkyire outfit depicted in her section of the Artbook in the game...it's terrific! :D (I'd get rid of the sword sheath, though.)

Heck, I'd like to see a lot of the "Lost Costumes" in the game. I love costumes. :)

P.S. - YAMI YUGI™, about your unlocking everything in one day...your posted reminded me of back when my Dad went out of state to help some relatives work on things in the little town my Grandma (my Dad's Mom) lives in. He took my copy of "Soul Calibur 2" up there so my two of my cousins who were up there could have something to play. Over the course of 15 hours (I think), spread out over two days, they got a LOT accomplished in Weapon Master Mode. ;) Also, one of my cousins cleared Arcade Mode on Easy (I think) in 2 minutes and something seconds by using Raphael and his Triple Botta in Tempo (Forward B B B) over and over again.

Saturos
19th December 2003, 04:01 PM
Yeah Starry Might, it's ashame that the artbook has their costumes, especially the ones not in the game. I heard that they may be working on a new Soul Calibur game in 2005... I heard that from some source somewhere... I don't remember what, though, I was searching Yahoo! for a SCII website when there was one place with details in it... It's just plans though. Now that I remember, there is going to be another Soul Calibur game coming out in 2005 or 2006.

But get this: it's coming out onto the new next-gen consoles, the successors of PS2 and GCN. I don't know about XBOX, though, because SCII sold poorly on their system. And earlier this year on MSNBC, Microsoft said if there system doesn't do any better in 2004, they'll stop production of games, I guess. I saw the announcement on there, and I'm not lying at all. It was, I believe, in February or March. And the only reason XBOX is in 'the game' is that it's still surviving off of Halo sales from it's 2001 debut.

~Adam

Ninetales3001
20th December 2003, 06:26 PM
Soul Calibur 2 is the most wicked fighting game out there. I love it so much. I pwn with Ivy. Seriously, I can kick some major butt with her. *is proud of his Ivy abilities* XD *Is a dork* The WWM was pretty damn easy... I wish they made it more difficult, because after WWM was over with, there basically was nothing to do anymore. ;_; I have no one to play against, because all my friends don't know how to play very well, and I allways kill them.. and when I don't try it's really pointless. ^^; I've been recently perfecting my GI abilities, which are SO helpful when you are playing cheap people at the arcade. It's excellent. XD *hugs SC2*

My god, I just remembered, I have so much SC2 stuff in my room. XD 2 In-store wallscrolls (1 PS2 and 1 Xbox... I didn't get the Gamecube one because I really hate the Gamecube version of the game), an in-store stand thing, and a poster... and a hat. XD Scary.

Talking about Gamecube's version. I have nothing against the Gamecube, I have one myself and love it, but playing Soul Calibur 2 with a Gamecube controller is a HORRIBLE experience. I want to get it for gamecube, even though I have it for the PS2, but it's just pointless with the horrible controls. I'll probably concider it if I ever get an arcade stick though, haha.

PS2's version... it's cool. Heihachi is wicked in the game, but his short range isn't too great. I play Ivy so I am very use to staying as far away from the opponent as I can. XD The slowing down really sucks, but luckly it doesn't happen too often.

If I had an Xbox, I'd probably would have gotten it for that system, because apparently the best version is on the Xbox. ^^;

Craig
21st December 2003, 09:53 PM
Ivy... Pssh second hardest character to master, he moves are so complex.

Do the swinging the sword around move alot from far away and your garaunteed to do some damage. Her running spin kick thing (hard to explain, but it glows) is good too.

Anyways... My best characters are Ivy, Cervantes and Taki.. :D No one can beat me when I use Cervantes.. even though I prefer Ivy with that whip that recovers HP. (Since Im always so far away, or atleast I am trying to be)

Saturos
26th December 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Do the swinging the sword around move alot from far away and your garaunteed to do some damage. Her running spin kick thing (hard to explain, but it glows) is good too.

You mean, when Ivy yells, "Dance!" and then laughs? I forget what it's called. But I don't think you're talking about the one she uses to trip the opponent, and then yells, "Dance!".

The boy who lives around 2 blocks from my house, he sucks, literally! He's sooo cheap. He keeps using the same tactics and move sequences on me and all. His older brother's friend at school, Sam, complains about him all the time.

(We were talkin' crap about the young boy, Jesse, a little while back. I remember the time when he was told to take a bath. Jesse refused to take one. Several "days" later, his father tells him to take a bath, he says "no". His father was sooo mad, he shaved off his whole head because of that :D )

Enough of that. That just came to my mind, that story I said about Jesse. It was just too damn funny!

To Ninetales3001: It's okay that you dislike the GCN version. The controls were hard to me when I first played it, but I soon got used to it. I just love using Link for fun and messing around. But that kid, Jesse, he uses Link and YunSung A LOT. Those two are the only characters (he says he's good at) that he uses.

He also tries out Cervantes, Craig, every now and then. He makes Cervantes look like a wuss, when he plays him.

~Adam

Sarcastic Assassin
3rd January 2004, 09:50 PM
I love SCII to death, but I was used to more Mortal Kombat II style fighting (Yes, the one that was for the Genesis... that was the last fighting game I've played...), so it took me quite a while to get used to SCII. I still love it though, there's so much more control, and I love the whole dodging system. My favorite characters? Mitsurugi (with his Soul Calibur, he is the strongest fighter, barring Spawn), Nightmare (wicked costume, and huge swords), and Ivy (;)). I also like abusing the computer with Yoshimitsu's Sword Pogo (I think B+K, and 6 to move around), and I like Yoshimitsu's move (forget what it's called) where he sits Indian-style, and lifts his sword up and down (vertically) to recover health ;)

FYI, if you want to find out more about a character's moves, go to the practice mode, press Start, and go to "Commands List". This shows you how to do every move for all the characters (except for Lizardman, I think), and even gives you a handy animation of what the move looks like.

Saturos
9th January 2004, 12:02 PM
No, Berserker and Assassin have NO names for their attacks; including Lizardman. Since they weren't included in the Japanese version, Namco had no time to think of move names. Those three don't even have a Weapons Demo or Profile, so very little is known about them.

ozhater1
21st January 2004, 05:02 PM
to ninetales: fyi: there is a new connector yyou can get for 7- 15 dollars that plugs into the gamecube controller port and let you plug a ps2 controller into it

Craig
27th January 2004, 11:13 AM
Cervantes is definitely not a wuss. He is a daemonic pirate ! He has the really cool move where he jumps VERY high in the air, the screen turns slightly blacker and he lands with a bolt of lightning, it can be very annoying for the opponent unless they know how to block ( :rolleyes: ) you wouldn't know how many people forget to.

The move i am referring to is on the GC version when you move the c-stick to the right ( I think) or left. I don't remember, she'll make her sword go into whip mode and she'll start swinging it around like cowboys do with there rope (sorta) you can then press vertical or horizontal(Better, cause they can't sidestep cause its SO BIG) and do killer combos, and when they are being whipped if your lucky she either does unblockable move or the move where she throws it underneath her slowly and each of the links slowly smacks into them and makes a gutwrenching sound. 8) Also there is the very cheap move against Mega-Blokers, i think its Y + X and down. She will dive her sword into the ground and a short distance away it will pop out of the ground like a Sunken colony from Starcraft. People will complain be like "That is the cheapest move EVER" though.

A cool move Taki has that is very annoying, I can't remember how to do it without having the controller, but she will go on the floor and jump (on the ground) to one side, and then jump back but kick on the way back. If you keep doing this its nearly impossible to hit them because taki is always jumping around. Although she makes a very annoying house like "Ho! Hai! Ho! Hai!" and it can get annoying and your friend/opponent is bound to smack you in the head to stop you, but then when they do that you could just pull a "Taki-Awesome-Air-Combo" after throwing the little ball of blue energy at the ground:)

Saturos
30th January 2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Cervantes is definitely not a wuss. He is a demonic pirate!

No, the boy who comes to my house to play in SCII, uses Cervantes. If you are a novice player and use Cervantes, you make him look like a wuss, if not skilled. He is the best character in the game if properly used.

And no, Cervantes is not a demonic pirate. He's was killed in Soul Calibur by Taki. While Nightmare was at a Spanish harbor, he encountered a body of a dead pirate who came to life wielding a mysterious blade. He defeated Cervantes body, and took the blade he had on him. Upon Nightmare's defeat, Kilik and Xianghua shattered the demonic blade.

So when Cervantes died, pieces of Soul Edge were buried into his body and then resurrected him. Now Cervantes is a walking/fighting corpse. He found more pieces of the shatter left by Nightmare, and has a Soul Edge weapon for himself. Same with Nightmare, he found more shards of the sword and now has a Soul Edge as well.

Both Cervantes and Nightmare have Soul Edge as their main weapon, but Cervantes has another sword as his main weapon as well, called Nirvana.

The only thing that keeps Cervantes alive is the shards of the original Soul Edge. Nightmare is also in pursuit as well for the blade, trying to resurrect his father with souls from killed and absorbed by the blade, which he killed himself without knowing...

I have the original Soul Blade on PS1, and Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, so I know what I'm talking about.

~Adam

Crazy
30th January 2004, 04:05 PM
I don't like Cervantes much, to me it seems that he doesn't have as many moves as other characters. It seems that he doesn't require much skill and out of the moves he has most are powerful. He is kind of like a SCII uber.