PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Chris' FAQ to Pokemon movesets. - Last Update -Xatu

Sir Chris
18th September 2003, 08:58 PM
Hello, I think most of you that visit the forum know me, if you don't, I will give a little bio.

I am Chris, or Sir Chris if you like. I started on the GSbot august 4th 2001 and came to TPM, as it says in my profile, 9-2-2001. I have been around this forum and the bots for 2 years now, and I haven't really had many extended breaks from playing the game. During that time, the gsc metagame has shifted, perhaps no big noticable differences, but I remember shadow ball miltank being MUCH more popular than blissey, so the times have changed.

Early this summer, I had planned on doing a nice and fancy 1000 movesets list... But for me, that was just too much, I am sorry, but it ended in failure. However, I can no longer sit back and see some of those horrible movesets be considered the standard or even good. So, here for you now, I present 1 moveset for a pokemon. The best set for every team? No. Do I think they are good? Yes, or I wouldn't say so. These are what I would use, some have varients such as special or physical sweeper sets, well, I am not covering those, sorry. Well, enjoy.

MOVESETS GUIDE FOR GSC

Venusaur@Leftovers
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder

Weaknesses: No physical power. Can not handle types outside of its scope of type range.

Strengths: Pretty hard to take down with plenty of recovery.

The reason I chose this set over any other is kind of an odd reason, I just feel leech seed is a very under rated move. sleep powder can always help tons on most pokemon, and saur's decent speed just helps it along. Synthesis combined with leech seed in the right situation can even make hard hitting pokemon such as heracross not effective enough to defeat saur easily.

Charizard@Leftovers
Belly Drum
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Fire Blast

Weaknesses: Quite frankly, it has a lot of trouble taking down the common tank suicune, thats the main problem with the set, but not the only one. There are various other pokemon that it is unable to ohko, and then when their turn comes charizard gets owned. Its speed for a drummer is good, however, there are a lot of things that are faster than it, most noteworthy the ever common raikou, which when ti gets the chance can switch in, even the turn t belly drums, and basically laugh at charizard. Its many weaknesses to common types(water, electric, 4x to rock) make it proned to be easily defeated unless it kills the opponent first.

Strengths: It has good type coverage, that is its main strength. Even though its speed sometimes doesn't quite cut it, it is great for a belly drummer. It has tons of combo potentional, most notable would be jolteon with substitute and agility passing to it.

I chose this set because charizard isn't meant to last very long imo, and thus, belly drum is a very quick set up unlike the very slow and hazardous swords dance. Rock slide and Earthquake make a desirable combonation for the simple reason that they combined cover all 17 types with at the very least 1x damage. Fire blast does well mainly due to it ohking things such as skarmory and various grasses(most annoying eggy) that flamethrower just wouldn't cut it against. With this, it gets rid of most attacking pokemon's problem; skarmory.

Blastoise@Mint berry
Surf
Counter
Haze
Rest

Weaknesses: Does not have any sort of variety in attacks whatsoever. Can not threaten special defense oriented pokemon much. Lacks a great special attack to run surf off of. Tragic ends shall meet it if the user of it is out predicted.

Strength: Pretty unpredictable, studdy against most physical attacks. An uncommon set imo. Best all around hazer in my mind, as I basically said, its defense is impressive enough to handle a counter. minty rest is good to heal hazing damage

I have been a fan of countertoise ever since it got me and my heracross more than a year ago. As I said, this is a top notch hazer right here. Surf may not run off the most power special attack, but it has enough to threaten off some weaker pokemon and handle its type responsabilities well.

Butterfree@Leftovers
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore
Safeguard

Weaknesses Type, little to no attacking power, can't type many types of pokemon, fragile, lacking a movepool of desirable moves

Strengths: Well, it can double spore which is nice, and well... did I mention double spore?

Not much I can do here to be honest folks. Double spore is nice for statusing a team up, maybe if you get some luck you could par 3 or 4 pokemon, helping a lot of your team out. Safeguard to protect your team from things more dangerous than butterfree(t-wavers) and psychic is just a general attacking move.

Beedrill@Mint Berry
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
Hidden Power Bug
Rest

Weaknesses: Can't hit physically strong or steel types well at all, Has no special attack to speak of. Lacks any sort of real defense

Strengths: Strong physically. Can knock pokemon out real easily once its on a roll. swords dance minty rest and go go go.

An odd pokemon to say the least, with swords dance boosting its hefty attack its good, but its still kind of slow and with all its weaknesses its just a time bomb ready to explode. Sludge bomb and HP Bug are both excellent stabbed moves for the set. Minty rest gives it a chance to recover then go for the sweep. In the right situation beedrill can be very deadly, but its hard to find the situation.

Pidgeot@Leftovers
Double-Edge
Curse
Substitute
Steel Wing

Weaknesses: Can't hit strong pokemon well, it doesn't have two different stabbed moves. Can't really attack abroad amount of types

Strengths: A good attacker when set up, can attack a weakness(rock) for some damage, can block weaker attacks and set up.

My first really 'out there' set, but I feel it works good enough. Substitute to block weaker attacks from hitting you, curse up some so your defense is better then keep subbing. It has a flaw in that special attacks eat it alive, but hey, all pokemon great and small have weaknesses. Its a good type, only 3 weaknesses, which isn't shaby at all. Steel wing can cover ghosts and rocks that D-E just doesn't cover well.

Raticate@Leftovers
Super Fang
Shadow Ball
Double-edge
Counter

Weaknesses: Yah, it can't really attack anything physically strong whatsoever. Its defenses are quite frankly lacking and it doesn't have the greatest type range in the world

Strengths: With super fang it can take tanks and rip them off very nicely, with its weak defense counter will do heaps of damage, if it happens to survivr

If played correctly the raticate can be a dangerous pokemon. It is a 'neo annoyer' in my book. It won't take a hit of stun you, but it can pick a part a team slowly but surely with super fang/double edge/shadow ball. Counter can be effective.... if it survives, at full health, not so much an if, at lesser health... well, you can't say I didn't warn you

Fearow@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Substitute
Curse
Steel Wing

Weaknesses: Can't hit strong pokemon well, it doesn't have two different stabbed moves. Can't really attack abroad amount of types

Strengths: A good attacker when set up, can attack a weakness(rock) for some damage, can block weaker attacks and set up.

Exact same strengths and weaknesses as pidgeot really. The only difference in the two is that drill peck is a tad bit weaker than double-edge, but needed really. Fearow and Pidgeot are very similiar, so if you want to know about fearow, go see the pidgeot description.

Arbok@Leftovers
Glare
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake
Screech

Weaknesses: Its defenses are very lack luster, thats its only real weakness, however by lack luster I mean suck ungodly much. Can't take down huge defensive tanks and can't handle any big hitters.

Strengths: Nice attacker, good for paring and screeching. It may not be the strongest pokemon, but it will make many a pokemon run scared.

A very varied physical attacker. with glare and screech as support, it can go on a nice little tear if taken lightly. It seriously can't take a psychic, stabbed or not, so that is soemthing to be careful from. But with glare and some luck it could in theory take down some psychics, but if he gets hit then tis over. His attack isn't THAT good, but he has nice varied attacks along with screech, so it is more than made up for

Pikachu@Light Ball
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Surf
Thunderbolt

Weaknesses: Its defenses are lacking in a severe manner, can't attack physically and is a little on the slow side for being so fragile defensively

Strengths: Can hit opponents for a whole hell lot of a special damage, substitute can cover its weak defenses for a turn if they dcide to switch out, which helps it a whole lot.

Pikachu is one of the most under rated pokemon ever imo. With the proper lay out it can and sometimes will sweep otherwise well planned teams, its surf to even slightly weakened ground types can cause 80-90% in the damage range, and can just be sickening. It has the most powerful thunderbolt in the game on top of that. It may not be the fastest pokemon that ever lived, but its decent speed and huge, MASSIVE, special attack make this pokemon a rodent to be reckoned with.

Raichu@Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Surf
Substitute
Weaknesses: Its defenses are lacking in a severe manner, can't attack physically, special attack not all that great

Strengths: it has a paring ability and its speed going for it, as well as being able to substitute to maybe go along with par to take in some of the more harsh blows to it.

Raichu is a stepped down and faster version of light ball pikachu basically. none of its stats are really mind blowing, but its good speed and decent special attack make it a pretty good pokemon to use. thunder wave can be excellent for paring and substitute, as mentioned before, is great on electrics who can't otherwise take a hit. Surf will do slightly over 50% to most ground types, so with the speed advantage and substitute, it can successfully take on ground types.

Sandslash@Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
Body Slam

Weaknesses: Grass and water, can't hit skarmory very well. its speed becomes a factor often

Strengths: Good speed for a ground type. An effective sweeper, with body slam it may par the opponent and open them up for some big damage situations, nice swords dancer.

I would have to say this is a better sweeper than the daunted marowak. I absolutely love body slam for the par on this guy. I have taken down uicunes and starmies with 1 sd and paring them up. However, thats a risk, if it doesn't par the waters it can be left exposed for a crippling amount of damage. Can't attack grasses well still even with body slam.

Nidoqueen@Leftovers
Earthquake
Lovely Kiss
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Nidoking@Leftovers
Earthquake
Lovely kiss
Fire Blast
Thunderbolt

Clefable@Leftovers
Moonlight
Belly Drum
Return
Shadow Ball

Ninetales@Leftovers
Sunny day
Fire Blast
Hypnosis
Hidden Power Grass

Wigglytuff@Leftovers
Double-Edge
Fire Blast
Counter
Shadow Ball

Vileplume@Leftovers
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Moonlight

Parasect@Leftovers
Swords Dance
Bug Power
Spore
Giga Drain

Venomoth@Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore

50th MARKER FOR REFERENCE

Dugtrio@Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Substitute
Fissure

Persian@Leftovers
Return
Shadow Ball
Screech
Hypnosis

Golduck@Mint berry
Surf
Ice Beam
Cross Chop
Rest

Primeape@Mint Berry
Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Meditate
Rest

Arcanine@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Substitute
Sunny Day
Body Slam

Poliwrath@Leftovers
Dynamic Punch
Earthquake
Surf
Hypnosis

Alakazam@Miracle Berry
Psychic
Recover
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch

Weaknesses: This set does nothing to protect 'zam against physical attacks, and it can't hurt strong special defense pokemon

Strengths: It can slow down team with par and rip right through pokemon who are weak to psycchic and fire like a knife through butter. Annoying at times.

Heh, well, Alakazam is one of the mroe versitile pokemon really. With seveal punches to choose from, people often get confused with which one to choose. I chose this one for silly random things. Such as grass types and those rare but dangerous steel types(steelix and forry). If you couldn't tell by the list, I am a big fan of par and t-wave in general, so this set reflects that yet again with thunder wave on 'zam. Given the chance this set can pick apart a team, its a sweeper, yet also not a sweeper. Behold the power of cheese.

Machamp@Leftovers
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Curse

Victreebel@Leftovers
Swords Dance
Sludge Bomb
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder

Tentacruel@Mintberry
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Swords Dance
Rest

Golem@Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Explosion
Roar

Weaknesses: All around ineffective in a special nature. 4x to both water and grasslimit its usage. Speed is a problem. This set does nothing to help this.

Strengths: sturdy, strong physical attacks, can attack any type for good damage, so if you have a parer and some luck, this could due nicely. Can take a hit to roar out many pokemons.

A kind of a not so versitle pokemon I must admit, but it gets the job done. Everything on this should be self explained except maybe roar, which is there due to its sturdiness. Poor golem's types harms it greatly, but this set can deal well with physical attackers, and excellent on taking the likes of t-bolting pory and cable, etc.

Rapidash@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Horn Drill
Substitute
Hypnosis

Slowbro@Leftovers
Surf
Thunder Wave
Counter
Rest

Magneton@Leftovers
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Water Power
Thunder Wave

Farfetch'd@Leftovers
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton
Frustration

Dodrio@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Agility
Substitute
Double-Edge

Dewgong@Leftovers
Encore
Surf
Ice Beam
Whirlpool

Muk@Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Curse
Explosion

Weaknesses: Its special defense is lacking, and it can't take care of pokemon like skarmory very easily, even with fire blast, so those are its main problems. As well, rocks kind of own it badly.

Strengths: One of the best uu pokemon around in all seriousness. Can handle skarmory decently well with fire blast, curses up, sludge bomb is one of the better physical attacks, pretty hard to stop once it gets rolling

This here is one of my favorite pokemon. Muk can be a force to be reckoned with if the opponent is lacking on the defensive side of their team. Has severe trouble vs rock types, and even pure ground types like donphan, however atleast if it choosesit can explode on those guys. This may be the most under rated sweeper in all of g/s/c, it can do its job well, and it can do the job very fast. Also beats mewtwo 1 on 1, go muk!

Cloyster@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Spikes
Explsion

Gengar@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Ice Punch
Mean Look

Hypno@Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Reflect
Seismic Toss
Rest

Kingler@Mint Berry
Body Slam
Swords Dance
Rest
Surf
Weaknesses: Well, kingler doesn't have much of a special attack, lets be honest with ourselves. If its not super effective we are going to be experiencing some crap damage, no other way to put it. Well, it isn't the most speedy water around either. With its lackluster special defense(see horrible) and a weakness to electric, which just happens to be the fightest type avergaed per a pokemon, well, you have a troublesome situation. Lets not even mention the fact that a solid NON stabbed tbolt is going to 2hko it, and with its speed issues it'll only have time for one attack... Oh, and its hp is on the crappy side as well. This thing might as well be a lightning rod for god's sake... Oh, and skarmory for all purposes rapes it.

Strengths: Well, Kingler does something well. He attacks. And by attacks, I mean disects an entire team. seriously, this pokemon has "lol I just swept your newb ass" written ALL OVER IT. You better hope you have a ghost or skarmory, seriously, you BETTER HOPE. With body slam adding par support, all it shall take is a couple of pars, chances to swords dance, AND IT IS OFF TO THE RACES. It has a very real possibility of making up for its minimal speed capabilities with paring, so thats a good sign for good old Kingler. Also its defense is quite impressive. maxing out at 328. Now, its hp may not be the best. BUT come on... 328 defense. that is a staggering amount of hp. It can take a hit! everything it lacks in special defense it gains in defense, simply put. And when he has you pared, swords dance, and you are just about to kill him off... he minty rests and rapes your team. gg.

One of my favorite pokemon, almost up there with the almighty Heracross. A specialized attacker at best. It is a low tier pokemon but can get the job done against low defense teams, or teams that don't have an eletric attack. Now, whule those are rare indeed, when they happen kingler can take full advantage of them. Not quite a full fledged sweeper, it needs to rely on its team mates to take out skarmory and ghosts before he can step in and take center stage. Great for UU teams but in top tier play he is rendered useless basically.

100th MARKER FOR REFERENCE

Electrode@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Explosion
Light Screen

Exeggutor@Leftovers
Explosion
Sleep Powder
Psychic
Leech Seed

Marowak@Thick Club
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest
Swords Dance

Remember kids, have your attack DV at 13 or under, or his attack is reset.

Hitmonlee@Mint Berry
Hi Kump Kick
Hidden Power Ghost
Rest
Meditate

Hitmonchan@Leftovers
Hidden Power Ghost
Hi Jump Kick
Mach Punch
Substitute

Lickitung@Mint Berry
Belly Drum
Rest
Double-Edge
Earthquake

Weezing@Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Fire Blast
Explosion
Haze

Rhydon@Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Zap Cannon
Rest

Tangela@Leftovers
Growth
Giga Drain
Synthesis
Stun Spore

Kangaskhan@Leftovers
Return
Curse
Roar
Earthquake

Seaking@Mint Berry
Surf
Horn Drill
Rest
Agility

Starmie@Leftovers
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Recover

Mr. Mime@Leftovers
Encore
Psychic
thunder Wave
Substitute

Scyther@Miracle Berry
Swords Dance
Agility
Wing Attack
Hidden Power Bug

Jynx@Leftovers
Mean Look
Perish Song
Lovely Kiss
Ice Beam

Electabuzz@Miracle Berry
Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Cross Chop
Ice Punch

Weaknesses: Defense and is not overpowering attack wise, not much durability

Strengths: Covers types like one of the best in the game, much broader than its specific type range, its stats match well with its attacks and it can cover its main weakness with some effectiveness in ice punch. Can cover both physical and special pokemon. As well, of course, its nice speed.

A guy name SSM made this set, me and him don't always get along but he knows what he is talking about, and so I use his set today. Cross Chop is great for Blisseys, Snorlaxen, and other normal tanks. Ice punch can easily take out grounds over time and fire punch gets rid of steelix, forry, whatever you would like to be gone. One of the most well rounded sets in the game IMO.

Magmar@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Thunderpunch
Cross Chop
Sunny Day

Pinsir@Mint Berry
Swords Dance
Hidden Power Bug
Body Slam
Rest

Tauros@Leftovers
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk

Gyarados@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Double-Edge
Body Slam
Ice Beam

Lapras@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Ditto@Metal Powder
Transform

Weaknesses: stats suck
Strengths: with transform it can gain plenty of moves off of other pokemon

Its ditto folks, what more can I say, big bam there ya go. It has weak stats and no movepool to speak of, but hopefully you can find some usage for this in a fun type arena, for severe fun and joy of use only.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Growth
Rest

Jolteon@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Water
Growth
Thunder Wave

Flareon@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Body Slam
Sunny Day

Omastar@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk

Kabutops@Leftovers
Swords Dance
Return
Surf
Ancient Power

Aerodactyl@Leftovers
Earthquake
Curse
Ancient Power
Whirlwind

Snorlax@Leftovers
Curse
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Rest

Weaknesses: There is truly not much to say here, skarmory takes it on easily enough, really. hypnosis missy if it hit or double protects can knock it out. Feared by many as one of the most dominating pokemon in the g/s/c meta game ever. Its only true weakness is if you get it to rest, you can roar it out nulling the threat, but even then...

Strengths: Flat out a dominating physical sweeper. Almost nothing save skarmory can stop this powerhouse 1 on 1. Excellent special defense, and curse just bolsters its meager defense for it. Huge hp huge durability.

This is a no brainer except for EQ vs fire blast, curselax is simply dominating at times. The reason I chose EQ here is because the skarmory population has declined really. EQ is useful versus those silly missys as well as other situations. Double-Edge was my normal move of choice due to the recoil not hurting snorlax so much due to its great hp, as well asit being the second most powerful normal attack, and the most powerful per a turn counting recharges.

Articuno@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Reflect
Substitute
Whirlwind

Zapdos@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Drill Peck
Hidden Power Water

Moltres@Leftovers
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Hidden Power Grass
Substitute

Dragonite@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Dynamic Punch
Wing Attack

Mewtwo@Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam
Recover
Dynamic Punch

150th MARKER FOR REFERENCE

Mew@Leftovers
Softboiled
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Shadow Ball

Weaknesses: Hello, my name is skarmory, I rape this mew set. Hi, my name is heracross, I basically rape this mew2 set. Hi, I am anything with high defense who is cursing at the moment, I rape this mew set. Mew is going to have some troubling times ahead with this set. Hell, a fast hazer such a crobat can give this mew trouble. and if it has toxic? forget about it, its one dead mew, enough said there ya go.

Strengths: One of the best physical sweepers in the game. Good speed and its all around good stats(298 IS good, you people who are spoilered on 300+) and over 400 hp, its going to last awhile and yet when it gets powered up it will be pretty hard to stop save skarmory. Can attack its weaknesses extremely well, can defeat mew2 in a one on one right(it has done so many a time) This set is probably the best 00ber killer in the game. Kills other mews, celebis, mew2s, and lugias with ease. and its not as if ho-oh is going to be lasting terribly long against pumped up attack when its defense - while fair - is not enough to take swords dances from hell and back. When you use mew you are likely to be facing off against other 00bers, so this set works extremely well. With a well balanced team and this mew to take out rock/fire/psychic/poison pokemon with deadly ease, it frees up a lot more space for a more diverse strategy. That is one of the true blue advantages of this set, it benefits the team wonderfully.

Look, I am not exactly saying using 00bers should be an every day occuring theme, but there are times and places where 00bers are acceptable(some tournaments) or people don't want to be so called "clause whores" and let themselves wander free of such holds by using 00bers, ohkos, evasion, and all that other wonderful stuff. Personally mew is my favorite 00ber, and problably my second favorite pokemon overall. While it has a very diverse set I didn't feel any of its other move combos could benefit in the meta game it would be playing in and in its overall team dynamics as much as this set did. stand alone and this set is evry dangerous, add it with an experienced player and a good blend of pokemon and the results can be sickening. This pokemon is very easily abusable, and prepared to be called cheap when you use it, even if they had a mewtwo! Because mew is the true king of 00bers, no matter what those chumps say. Down with mewtwo, mew for life baby.

Meganium@Leftovers
Razor Leaf
Light Screen
Synthesis
Leech Seed

Typhlosion@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Sunny Day

Weaknesses = can't attack physically very well, won't do heaps of damage outside of its type range to be honest. Defensively iffy bordering on weak.

Strengths: with sunny day/fire blast it can torch many types to hell. While not th emost effective, thunder punch will do some nice damage to a lot of slower waters, and earthquake will let it cover even more types, even if only decently.

I basically explained all there needs to be said about Typhlosion. His defenses aren't exactly the greatest things in the world, so while this set can do nothing to cover that, I feel it optimizes his usefulness. sunny day/fire blast in sheer damage can inflict major pain onto other pokemon. Eathquake is a nice general attack move and is useful on Ty to kill things such as raikou and the like. To be honest I am not very comfortable with using this pokemon for some reason, maybe it being weak defensively is a reason for that, however I have used it in rare occasion and with general success with it.

Feraligatr@Leftovers
Earthquake
Curse
Rock Slide
Roar

Furret@Mintberry
Curse
Double Team
Double-Edge
Rest

This thing almost swept my standard team once... by itself.

Noctowl@Leftovers
Reflect
Night Shade
Hypnosis
Wing Attack

Ledian@Leftovers
Reflect
Light Screen
Safeguard
Ice Punch

Ariados@Leftovers
Spider Web
Agility
Baton Pass
Night Shade

Crobat@Leftovers
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Fly

Lanturn@Leftovers
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Rest

Togetic@Leftovers
Double-Edge
Safeguard
Fire Blast
Metronome

Xatu@Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Drill Peck
Psychic
Night Shade

Weaknesses: Well, this might take awhile. Weaknesses for Xatu, man... I don't know where to begin! Well I let me try. Its attack is so low that it is unable to ohko heracross with drill peck 100% of the time. That is right, something with a 4x weakness, only 248 defense, and a move with 80 base power... can't even ohko all the time with xatu's crappy attack, that is just horrible. Now, surely, if it has such crappy attack you wouldn't use drill peck. BUT WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO USE? Its movepool is sickening. I have seen worse, but usually its stats make up for it. Not the case here folks. Its defenses are pitiful and it is just a pitiful pokemon in a whole. Oh, and lets not forget Tyranitar totally and completely destroys it.

Strengths: Night Shade and good special attack. Expecting something more? Sorry, I can't help you. Night shade is a garunteed 100 damage, and coming from xatu, thats the best you will do most times. A psychic usually does have good special attack, so thats atleast one bright spot. Oh, and it can outspeed a few things, so thats another good thing... Not blazing speed, but atleast its not slow.

And so we have Xatu. Probably the worst fully evolved psychic of this entire game. I can't think of any psychic thats worse than pitiful Xatu. If you are desperate for a psychic AND a flyer, Xatu might be the choice for you. But hell, I would personally just use a psychoc OR flyer, and cut my losses. I pity you if your favorite pokemon is Xatu and you use your favorites, seriously.

Ampharos@Miracle Berry
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch
Hidden Power Water

Bellossom@Leftovers
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Azumarill@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Light Screen
Rest

Sudowoodo@Leftovers
Rock Slide
Curse
Earthquake
Substitute

Politoed@Leftovers
Whirlpool
Hypnosis
Perish Song
Protect

Jumpluff@Leftovers
Encore
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed

Aipom@Berserk Gene
Return
Agility
Baton Pass

Sunflora@Leftovers
Growth
Synthesis
Giga Drain
Hidden Power Water

Yanma@Miracle Berry
Screech
Hidden Powder Bug
Endure
Reversal

Quagsire@Mint Berry
Earthquake
Surf
Curse
Rest

Espeon@Miracle Berry
Psychic
Morning Sun
Growth
Hidden Power Water

Umbreon@Leftovers
Mean Look
Rest
Charm
Baton Pass

Murkrow@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Night Shade
Pursuit
Shadow Ball

Slowking@Leftovers
Surf
Rest
Thunder Wave
Psychic

200th MARKER FOR REFERENCE

Misdreavus@Leftovers
Mean Look
Perish Song
Protect
Hypnosis

Unown@Leftovers
Hidden Power Water

Wobbuffet@Leftovers
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Destiny Bond

I proclaim this the best set for this pokemon!

Girafarig@Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Agility
Baton Pass

Forretress@Leftovers
Explosion
Spikes
Hidden Power Fire
Rapid Spin

Dunsparce@Mint Berry
Glare
Headbutt
Spite
Horn Drill

Gligar@Leftovers
Earthquake
Wing Attack
Counter
Screech

Steelix@Leftovers
Earthquake
Body Slam
Curse
Roar

Granbull@Leftovers
Frustration
Heal Bell
Rest
Sleep Talk

Qwilfish@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Sludge Bomb
Spikes

Scizor@Leftovers
Agility
Swords Dance
Steel Wing
Return

Shuckle@Leftovers
Double Team
Curse
Rest
Rollout

Weaknesses: Inheritly it can not attack very well until it is fully set up, which takes a good 10-12 turns. In which time por little shuckle here can be roared out, making so his time was all a waste in the hourglass of time. Oh, and you want to know what pokemon completely and utterly laughs in this pokemon's face? His name is steelix. you see, steelix is 4x resistant to rollout, shuckle's only attack. even if shuckle magically had 999 attack... it wouldn't even be close to a a knock out on the 5th rollout.. oh and well, this is also assuming they all hit, which are not the best odds in the world now that you mention it. Easily stalled out if the opponent has any pokemon with curse(ok, so if its a ghost type they are spared, whatever) can basically do it. SMEARGLE with curse, imo, would outlast this PATHETIC attacker. Oh, and its hp isn't something to write home about by any means, I believe it is the lowest hp in the game. Protect also screws it...

Strengths: Shuckle! the power is yours! This thing with luck on its side is almost unstoppable. It may not look like much to begin with, but with its superior defenses(which for all of those who did not know, are the best in the game) If you are not able to roar it out before its fully set up, and you don't have steelix, nor protect, nor destiny bond(none of those are very common to begin with, keep in mind) Then it is basically over. Shuckle sweeps, gg next match, you just lost to a shuckle, now you have to live with that for the rest of your life. just like Vineon does.

One of the funnest pokemon to use IMO. It isn't meant to be serious and if you don't approach battles with it on your team as overly serious you will both surprise your opponent and more than likely get a laugh out of their shieks of horror as they are slowly dismantled by a lowly shuckle, I know there have been many a time I have enjoyed that. Just pray that they don't have steelix or it kind of ruins the fun. Now, we don't want to ruin the fun do we? But hey, if you have a versitile team with balanced attackers you should be able to take out a steelix to give shuckle breathing room to work its magic. Shuckle by no means should be brought in early game unless you are trying to sow up your opponent, which could end up costing you the game and the element of surprise.

I used this in a tournament where we got random pokemon, I swept with it (y)

Heracross@Quick Claw
Megahorn
Earthquake
Curse
Rest

Sneasel@Leftovers
Dynamic Punch
Screech
Shadow Ball
Counter

Ursaring@Leftovers
Return
Curse
Rest
Sleep Talk

Magcargo@Leftovers
Rock Slide
Fire Blast
Curse
Earthquake

Piloswine@Leftovers
Blizzard
Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk

Corsola@Leftovers
Curse
Ancientpower
Recover
Surf

Octillery@Leftovers
Surf
Flamethrower
Return
Ice Beam

Delibird@Leftovers
Icy Wind
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Blizzard

Mantine@Leftovers
Protect
Rain Dance
Icy Wind
Hydro Pump

Skarmory@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest
Curse

Weaknesses: special defense... special defense... hey, did I mention special defense? oh look over there, yah, special defense!

Strengths: Lets go defense lets go! *claps hands* lets go defense lets go! Also, this is more than likely the second best Pseudo hazer, right behind suicune for that title, and it can attack decently well with curse

This is the tale of two stories, on one hand you look at its defense and its basically like "holy crap this dude is a tank." Then you look at the other side and its easy to see that it can be exploited from a special stand point. The other half of the vaunted blissksarm combonation. A truly dangerous pokemon when it comes to defensive standings

Houndoom@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Crunch
Sunny Day
SolarBeam

Kingdra@Leftovers
Surf
Dragon Breath
Rest
Sleep Talk

Donphan@Leftovers
Earthquake
Ancient Power
Curse
Roar

Porygon2@Leftovers
Double-Edge
Curse
Recover
Ice Beam

Stantler@Leftovers
Curse
Return
Hypnosis
Earthquake

Smeargle@Leftovers
Agility
Spore
Spikes
Baton Pass

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Hi Jump Kick
Counter
Rapid Spin
Hidden Power Ghost

Miltank@Leftovers
Body Slam
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Curse

Weaknesses: Can not cover outside of its type range at all, ghosts will own it every single time, and 99/100 times the vaunted skarmory will also take it apart.Special defense leaves something to be desired as well.

Strengths: Can be extremely sturdy, takes down all kinda of pokemon, a good solid paring pokemon if you get it into the clear

As mentioned, sturdy as hell. However, sometiems its special defense problems can come back to haunt a person, this shows true vs pokemon such as raikou and zapdos, two main players in the electric game. It is a less sturdy defensive faster blissey basically. I prefer miltank over blissey as a heal beller due to speed... its speed while not cursed is tied for the fastest beller, along side celebi.

Blissey@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Light Screen
Softboiled
Heal Bell

Weaknesses: Defense and its a crappy attacker. Very strong pokemon such as heracross CAN beat early and often.

Strengths: Oh, I don't know, it can light screen to help the team, had 713 hp, 378 efense, and has made many a gscer have nightmares about it.

A wonderful pokemon when it coems to belling, the best in its class probably. Almost impossible to kill with special attacks, and even with a horrid defense, its most hp in the g/s/c game makes it a force to be reckoned with on both sides. Nice beller as mentioned. Can psuedo pass light screen to help the whole team, a support pokemon

Raikou@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Crunch
Rest
Sleep Talk

Weaknesses: Well, as with most electrics, it can't cover grounds very well. and it can't hit special strong pokemon such as blissey for its life

Strengths: Best attacking and defending pure electric. Sleep talk makes it last a long time versus non ground attacks.

A standard and rightly so, a damn good set. rest/sleep talk can drive the opponent mad with raikou, quite literally. Crucnh can, believe it or not, sometiems help weakn grounds enough to kill them over time if they don't have rest, so thats useful in and of itself. Not to mention the 1/5 special drop.

Entei@Leftovers
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
Return

Suicune@Leftovers
Surf
Rest
Ice Beam
Roar

Weaknesses: Can not cover anything whatsoever out of its given type range. Not a very good attacker and can not cover its weakness to electric well.

Strengths: 1 word, sturdy. Best Psudo hazer in the game as well. Can take hits amazingly well as sturdy suggested. One of the very few pokemon without a reisstance who can take a swords danced marowak's earthquake and live through it at full health. The best defensive water bar none.

Yup, this pokemon is one sturdy bastard for sure. That is basically is, rofl. Best Pseudo Hazer bar none IMO. Its sturdiness allows it to take a hit from even a swords danced waky, which imo is impressive. Can do a decent job at lasting out opponents as well. Ice beam is brilliant for covering its grass weaknesses, 1/2 of its weaknesses.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch
Fire Blast

Weaknesses: Its type weaknesses aren't the greatest ever, gettin ghit hard from bug, fighting, and water. Suicune kind of owns him, so thats a down side, seeing as suicune is mega popular.

Strengths: Oh where to start. A godo alla round attacker, can attack both physically and specially for tons of damage. Its stats are some of the best in the game. Can kill bliss/skarm, which is rare... very well.

Yup, its my ole bud tyranitar, back in action. oh yah! with its awesome attack and good special attack, this guy is best as an all out attacker indeed. As I mentioned before, this pokemon can take down blissskarm with quite a bit of ease. The only pokemon t-tar truly fears are suicune, heracross, and machamp. Fire Blast is designed purely for skarmory, as wlel as some misc. grass types, not to mention silly forry. One of the few pokemon thats attack more than makes up for the unSTABbed EQ. Doesn't take too many hits too well, but can stop the likes of cursetank in her tracks effectively.

Lugia@Leftovers
Curse
Recover
Aeroblast
Earthquake

Ho-oh@Leftovers
Sacred Fire
Recover
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

Celebi@Leftovers
Psychic
Heal Bell
Recover
Leech Seed

Weaknesses: Its type is a real downer, weak to 4x bug is a huge problem, flying and poison flat out pick it apart, and ice harms it badly as well. Can't cover outside its type range

Strengths: Annoying little bastard, with recover and leech seed, if you don't have a curser or something super effective, you WILL be there awhile. Nice well rounded stats

Like I said, this little chick is annoying, thats all there is to be said. Leech Seed celebi can be the BANE of many a team,, including some standards. A good beller as well, nice and quick for its job. Psychic is of course for needed attack and a decently powered STAB move

There you go. The list is finished. I don't expect everyone to read everyone, but I hope folks get some useful sets from this guide, I tried my best for each pokemon to produce a good set, and one I myself would use. I would like to thank such people as Locke, Sandslashman, McGraw, and others who I got ideas for these sets from. Enjoy!

edit: all reported errors fixed.

Also, GP, I like my set better, thanks. I maybe/will over time edit in explantions for each set(I do have them for most...) and perhaps even other sets in time. Specialized ones, etc.

edit on November 6th: I added Sandslash and Raticate's detaIs in, hopefully I will have more done before the night is through, but I can't promise anything

edit on November 10th: Added Fearow's, Arbok's, and Tyranitars details into the faq. Going to try to work on more of them tonight, a wee bit time consuming but its worth it. Any feedback would be welcomed on the details, or if you have a suggestion for addiotns to the details, please post them in this topic.

Added skarmory's and miltank's into there, I am just trunking right along at this point, I am hoping I can get a lot mroe done before this topic hits 50,000 post limit, and then I am going to have to somehow manage splitting it into different posts, reposting it etc. I will more than likely do some more of the standards tonight, start trying to work my way up from the start of the list as well, its easier that way. Eventually I hope that I am going to be able to repost this when its nearly finished, I am sure it won't take up more than 2 posts, but I really need to be careful about that eh... You guys could give more feedback ya know, I do consider any suggestions a warm welcome :p. Or if you have a favorite pokemon and you wish to write the strengths and weaknesses up for it then I encourage that as well.

and so it marches on...

Green_Pikachu
18th September 2003, 10:32 PM
sub on jolt over t-wave and go with hp ICE, it is sexier. :)

Jay
18th September 2003, 11:23 PM
Green Pikachu - In other words, alter to your desire.

It is certainly well written and one great straight-to-the-point moveset FAQ. You may want to give Pinsir and Magmar's URL coding a make-over. Magmar's especially doesn't look very good :x you'll see what I mean when you look at them.

Other than that, keep up the nice work like you've done with this FAQ.

Ego boost implemented =D

SilverPersian
19th September 2003, 12:57 AM
Are we allowed to nitpick movesets or should be just bask in your glory :P

g/w :]

also, persian and bellossom only have three moves

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 01:22 AM
I added markers, I think they help.

~ Chris

Leon-IH
19th September 2003, 05:02 AM
wow, the egotistical bastard finally posts his movesets..

i laugh at your almost identical curseing fearow and pigeot sets.. not that i have a better one for either of those hunks of crap :)

your sets are pretty sweet man but can you kindly explain the use of ice beam on p2?

Green_Pikachu
19th September 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Leon-IH

i laugh at your almost identical curseing fearow and pigeot sets.. not that i have a better one for either of those hunks of crap :)

your sets are pretty sweet man but can you kindly explain the use of ice beam on p2?

plz, don't insult the almighty fearow like that.

Warahyuu
19th September 2003, 11:09 AM
I also like this tauros set. I got owned by it until it ran out of PP

~ Fissure
~ Horn Drill
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk/Earthquake/Double Team/Subsitute

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Leon-IH

yah sure, I will tell you hereand when I edit the post, but one sec

I will just tell that I don't use sets like fishtauros(heh, fish made it ;x) I consider them cheap

Anyway, the reason I use ice beam is:

The only real use for t-bolt is skarmory, now, while it IS a big part, I felt that ice beam offered more advantages, which are the following:

Ground types in general. Porygon2's nice special attack often does more with 1 cursee w/ ice beam than it does with double edge to many of the ground types, or some of them have curse (see donphan). As well, I have noticed that when my milly go against a cursinging p2, if it has ice beam it always seems to freeze. Thus, if I go against another curser, and I freeze, sweep time ahoy!~

~ Chris

Green_Pikachu
19th September 2003, 02:41 PM
steelix > cursegon with ice beam

=)

Sir Chris
19th September 2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by ThePariah
steelix > cursegon with ice beam

=)

stands more of a chance than a t-bolt p2...

Bob54321
22nd September 2003, 06:54 AM
Hmmm.... seems good - especially the Ditto moveset, I hadn't thought of that one :D

AndyPants
24th September 2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Bob54321
Hmmm.... seems good - especially the Ditto moveset, I hadn't thought of that one :D

hahaha

bme
24th September 2003, 10:32 PM
I have some old school sets. Maybe you'll like them.

Steelix: Earthquake~Rock Slide~Screech~Swagger @Quick Claw
It works best with paralyse support. Just pray it doesn't recieve and Earthquake backed up by a 500+ attack. X_x
or
Curse~Earthquake~Explosion~Rock Slide/Roar @Leftovers/Pink Bow
I like this better imo. Always funny to take a Surf from Suicune, thinking it will just survive the Earthquake, but then intead explodes in its face. :D

Alakazam: Encore/Thunderwave~Kinesis~Psychic~Recover @Miracle Berry
KidKneeSays isn't that inaccurate. Good annoyer for many status boosters and stallers.

Kingdra: Double Team~Octazooka~Rest~Toxic @Leftovers
Drawing out hazers is what it does.

Lugia: You might want to add Whirlwind as an option over Earthquake, or you might see this; "Gengar used Destiny Bond!" "Lugia used Earthquake!" "Gengar fainted." "Lugia fainted" :(

Gengar: Confuse Ray/Destiny Bond~Haze~Ice Punch~Spite @Leftovers/Brightpowder
Hey, I thought of this before Donald did.:P DB is filler really.

Electrode: Flash~Mirrorcoat/Screech~Thunderbolt~Thunderwave @Focus Band
Flash is good because of the stalling nature of battles. It could make tanks less effective.

Butterfree: ~Nightmare~Psychic~Stun Spore/Stringshot~Supersonic @Leftovers
This would be fun against Sleep Talker's, using Nightmare and Supersonic, then a sub comes out, into a SS. Or go with String Shot. Also, think about throwing Protect in there over something. Prolly my fav Pokemon btw ^____^

Very nice list.

[Edit] Looking back, I see how stupid my Kingdra set is. I don't battle on GSBot obviously. :( So, um, my next fav would be ~Curse~Double Edge~Hydro Pump~Rest @Leftovers. I know how stupid it can be because every team has Roar, but it expands its range of attack more. OHKO'ing Marowak is a nobrainer. So its strength would be it specializes in KO'ing Marowak and other Curse users, minus Suicune. Weakness is it doesn't take on Suicune well at all, and Encore can stab it in the back.

Sir Chris
7th October 2003, 02:06 AM
If you haven't noticed, I am starting a very slow and painful process(ahem) of editing in explainations, benefits, and detractors to each set, so it is explained more clearly.

~ Chris

TeleFox
11th October 2003, 05:26 PM
Lookin pretty good so far, kudos to you Sir :yes:.
I've been meaning to re-think my GSC sets for a while now, so this gave me the perfect oppurtunity; I altered both my Kabutops and Scizor w/influence from your list-of-godly-perfection... I can't believe I didn't notice advantage of Steel Wing over Metal Claw when you've already got Swords' Dance :rolleyes:...

Only now do I see the errors of my heathen ways! Praise the almighty Sir Chris, for he hath spared me from eternal damnation!
...or at least from having pointless move combinations :D.

Green_Pikachu
11th October 2003, 05:39 PM
why even bother using a steel move in gsc? steel is not even that much better in rs. all there is is metagross' meteor mash. and the occasional iron tail on sal for regice, which is lame. but steel is so not needed in gsc.

Strider
12th October 2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ThePariah
why even bother using a steel move in gsc? steel is not even that much better in rs. all there is is metagross' meteor mash. and the occasional iron tail on sal for regice, which is lame. but steel is so not needed in gsc.

Agreed, in part. But although the base powers of moves like Steel Wing and Metal Claw are so-so (Steel Wing's being about average), they are fairly good in the possesion of Scizor with the STAB it gets. As well, Iron Tail is adequate with the attack bonus. Take Steelix; its attack power is not that spectacular, respectively, but Iron Tail's strength including STAB is fairly good too, in my opinion.

Green_Pikachu
12th October 2003, 11:08 PM
id much rather use hp bug on scizor, and even rock slide on steelix for zapdos and what not.

SilverPersian
13th October 2003, 02:23 AM
iron tail choice band azumarill can OHKO regice 8)

Green_Pikachu
13th October 2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by SilverPersian
iron tail choice band azumarill can OHKO regice 8)

this is the gsc forum. 8)

Sir Chris
13th October 2003, 02:14 PM
I like steel wing for rock coverage in general ;o

I believe normal/steel is a better combo than bug//normal :O

but in general yes steel isn't cool, ehe.

also, I need to get back to the updating, after my pain pills kick in ;o

TeleFox
13th October 2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Strider
Agreed, in part. But although the base powers of moves like Steel Wing and Metal Claw are so-so (Steel Wing's being about average), they are fairly good in the possesion of Scizor with the STAB it gets. As well, Iron Tail is adequate with the attack bonus. Take Steelix; its attack power is not that spectacular, respectively, but Iron Tail's strength including STAB is fairly good too, in my opinion.

That was my main reason for using it on Scizor, and Sword's Dance makes the chance for an [attack boost/enemy defense decrease] given by [Metal Claw/Iron Tail] somewhat less useful, espcially with Iron Tail's accuracy of 75% compared to Steel Wing's 90%.
I may yet use HP Bug tho, but over Fury Cutter instead, although it'll take a while to get the right DV's for HP Bug on my cart :yes:. I know, I know, Fury Cutter's too risky, but it's no so bad when paired with Sword's Dance + STAB and Double Team.

Sir Chris
13th October 2003, 02:34 PM
Telefox, use my sets, they r0x0r!

:*

Actually, it truly depends on the team dyanimcs you have, but if your team isn't hitting rock types good enough, steel wing on scizor is nice :yes:

Sir Chris
25th October 2003, 08:41 AM
trying to start up editing again, added in golem's explanation. hard for me to think a lot with the drowsiness, but it shall get done in time.

~ Chris

Linux
31st October 2003, 09:22 AM
this is real sexy :-* good job

you shouldnt tire yourself out with the descriptions dude. it's really good though, thanks

Sir Chris
1st November 2003, 06:55 PM
Nah, it was my pills, ut now I am off of them so its back to work.

If you would take notice, Elecabuzz, Celebi, and the little ditto that could are done, more to come VERY shortly hopefully

~ Chris

Leon-IH
21st November 2003, 10:51 PM
for the love of god recolour the skarmory description..

seriously its an eyesore..

i quite like your sets though til the day i die ill never understand some of your UU setups ^^

Green_Pikachu
27th December 2003, 09:21 AM
someone should do a pre-evo guide. cause there are some pokemon that are really good pre-evos. Haunter, Kadabra, Dragonair, Seadra, etc. hell, Seadra used to be the fully evolved form in rby, but then they came out with kingdra in gsc.

Mr.E
6th January 2004, 11:59 PM
Certainly Muk's 413 HP and 298 SpD are not sub-par. Or 415 HP, whichever it is.

Steelix sucks wang, and his Rock Slide is weaker than Donphan's AP. Note that Donphan's AP blows donkey balls as it is. Also, Steelix sucks wang. Explosion is the only good thing it can do, but there's other guys that can Explode while having the ability to do other stuff at the same time. So, yeah, Steelix sucks wang.

Steel attacks are weak and suck wang anyway.

Don't steal my secksee CB Azumarill, you sucker of wangs.

Sir Chris
29th January 2004, 12:18 PM
I just think its special defense seems sub par all and all, maybe its not truly sub par, but to me it would seem so.

bme
29th January 2004, 10:38 PM
I had a thought about this thread, and Curselax. Rest on Curse Snorlax isn't great imo. It makes it Roar fodder, since Leftovers is used on it more because it's more benefical than one shot Mint Berry. I say ditch it for Fire Blast. That way it can keep Destiny Bond Gengar in check like Starterlax can, but doesn't have problems with Tyranitar like Double Edge Fire Blast Snorlax has, or against Skarmory like Double Edge Earthquake would. Isn't as vulnerable to Counter as Starterlax either.

Just a thought. ^^;

CNN
30th January 2004, 04:23 PM
Toxic/Leech Seed/Hax Burn/Paralysis > Snorlax without Rest

bme
31st January 2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by CNN
Toxic/Leech Seed/Hax Burn/Paralysis > Snorlax without Rest
Switching and Heal Bell. :wave:

Sir Chris
21st March 2004, 04:00 AM
Ok you know what? I haven't updated this in awhile now, so I AM GOING TO GET TO WORK ON THAT NOW! :D

wow, and by awhile, I mean 4-5 months O_O

Remy
31st March 2004, 09:52 PM
Nice job in creating a very easy to apply reference. But can all these movesets be applicable to the game? I noticed there are no other variations of movesets.

hello ho r u 10394
31st March 2004, 11:08 PM
This thread is ****ing cool

chris you own me ;333333333

Sir Chris
31st March 2004, 11:33 PM
rem - I dont liek to create confusion, each of these sets is for Online play, not so much in game play, although 85-90% of them can be obtained in the game without tooo much effort.

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 10:29 AM
I am replying so that people will look

I am kind of in a lazy mood now :x. So I will take requests of one pokemon per a time to get done :O. you may only make one request per a day o=. this way it'll get me out of my rut :)

Leon-IH
7th April 2004, 07:13 PM
i request explanation for kingler!

Sir Chris
7th April 2004, 08:42 PM
and so Kingler was done.

shazza
8th April 2004, 04:31 AM
They are very good Chris, good work. I request an explanation of Shuckle. :lemon::213::lemon:

Sir Chris
8th April 2004, 04:50 AM
and there is one shuckle for you.

Leon-IH
11th April 2004, 01:22 AM
^^ can we get a nice lil explanation for the all consuming might Xatu xD

Sir Chris
13th April 2004, 07:35 AM
^^ can we get a nice lil explanation for the all consuming might Xatu xD

I don't know if I described it exactly like "all consuming might" but I did give a description to the psychic bird.

Number1ChanseyFan
14th April 2004, 08:18 AM
Ok, I would like to request an explanation for Meganium. :)

Leon-IH
14th April 2004, 11:01 PM
haha, that was so funny i was on the floor by the end of reading it chris, now it's been 3 days so i've got a request for.. Piloswine, the best ground type.. besides sandslash and maybe marowak :)

Green_Pikachu
14th April 2004, 11:39 PM
if there is not already one, i would like to see an explanation for delibird.

ruro_uni
21st April 2004, 06:50 AM
say...

blissey can learn counter, mirror coat, flail/reversal ???

I donīt know where Iīve seen a moveset with
one of these...

now that I remember...
thereīs a counter TM on RBY, right?

Number1ChanseyFan
21st April 2004, 07:09 PM
say...

blissey can learn counter, mirror coat, flail/reversal ???

I donīt know where Iīve seen a moveset with
one of these...

now that I remember...
thereīs a counter TM on RBY, right?

Blissey can learn Counter with the R/B/Y TM. However, she can't learn Mirror Coat, Flail, or Reversal.

Green_Pikachu
22nd April 2004, 10:04 AM
where would you get the crazy idea that blissey could learn mirror coat? and with that special defense and hp, would GOOD would mirror coat even do?

ruro_uni
22nd April 2004, 09:11 PM
where would you get the crazy idea that blissey could learn mirror coat? and with that special defense and hp, would GOOD would mirror coat even do?
thatīs what I though, too... haha!!!

really doesnīt make sense...

thanks anyway...

Sir Chris
24th April 2004, 02:53 AM
been busy, I'll get to updating later today

damn me and my love for diablo 2...

Leon-IH
24th April 2004, 05:12 PM
Damn, diablo2 is cool eh :) 1.10 was dissapointing though eh? ..

do you play on realms? or offline?

Sir Chris
6th May 2004, 03:41 AM
I play on USeast as a Paladin, level 23 currently..

also, I shall be updating this if I get time today, I have been talking a lot with my family recently..

sorry for the lack of updates, hmm..

also, any suggestions for the guide would be noticed and considered.

phaedrus
6th May 2004, 12:11 PM
I play on USeast as a Paladin, level 23 currently..

also, I shall be updating this if I get time today, I have been talking a lot with my family recently..

sorry for the lack of updates, hmm..

also, any suggestions for the guide would be noticed and considered.

was on west, had liek 5 lvl80 chars, then people started hacking me and ='(

so i play starcraft on east. =D

set explanation for clefable =D

Leon-IH
6th May 2004, 08:20 PM
O.o i also play on east, ive got various charecters though i mostly play my barbarians (i have 2 around lvl 80 xD) maybe we can play a few games sometime

crazybone
3rd August 2005, 12:33 AM
Nice to see this place is still up. :dance:

I got temp-banned from D2.net/wc3.net forums for spamming (roffle they're all newbs), so I decided to go steal some sets.

PS - I am about a year too late to jump on the topic, but 1.11 is out. Anyone want to go kill ubers with me? =D

PSS - I am a pirate :pirate:

PSSS - Hi guys

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd August 2005, 09:11 AM
[color=magenta]OMG crazybone, you are still alive!! How ya doing?! It is really good to see you around here. ^_^

Lady Vulpix
4th September 2005, 08:00 AM
Well, I don't normally comment on other people's movesets, since everyone has different styles and a way to make them work, but I saw the Butterfree moveset and I think a Butterfree can do better than that. When I played Pokemon Gold, I had a Butterfree with Sleep Powder, Toxic, Psychic and Return, and she defeated many higher level pokemon, including Red's Pikachu. It also helped that she had a Quick Claw attached and got to strike first, putting Pikachu to sleep.

crazybone
1st December 2005, 02:49 PM
[color=magenta]OMG crazybone, you are still alive!! How ya doing?! It is really good to see you around here. ^_^

I'm awesome, how are you? =D

I'll be applying to post-secondary soon, but my marks are raping me. =[ I rarely seem to find time for games anymore, and my interests seem to lie elsewhere these days.

I was feeling a bit nostalgic so I am lurking the boards. I was really sad to see everything so inactive now:

"4 Guests, 8 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:"

But I guess it was coming sooner or later. Anyway, it's nice to see my spamcount is still pretty high after all this time. =D

Number1ChanseyFan
11th January 2006, 09:49 PM
I'm awesome, how are you? =D

I'll be applying to post-secondary soon, but my marks are raping me. =[ I rarely seem to find time for games anymore, and my interests seem to lie elsewhere these days.

I was feeling a bit nostalgic so I am lurking the boards. I was really sad to see everything so inactive now:

"4 Guests, 8 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:"

But I guess it was coming sooner or later. Anyway, it's nice to see my spamcount is still pretty high after all this time. =D

I'm doing ok!!

Well, I hope that everything goes ok with your grades and post-secondary applications, good luck!!

You are right, it is pretty sad to see TPM so inactive, I wish that there was a way to get the activity to pick up. I am sure that a front page would help attract people, as well as advertising. And yes, your spamcount is pretty high, but I am catching up to you!! :P

Sir Chris
13th January 2006, 10:34 AM
Hmm, so my movesets still stand, mostly undisturbed I see.

Well let's see what I can do to whip up some more explainations.

I believe I still remember all of my logic behind the sets.

TM14
26th November 2012, 12:14 PM
Wow I remember this guy.

Blademaster
26th November 2012, 07:13 PM
Oh hello thread from 6 years ago! :wave:

...Waitaminute...

Mr.E
11th December 2012, 01:54 AM
Well it's a sticky topic and the forum is generally empty anyway, so who cares. *shrug*

Still find Sir Chris posts on GameFAQs occasionally, he is around.