PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Spamburgers!

mr_pikachu
20th September 2003, 04:36 AM
1. Do you like spam, as in the food?
2. Do you like spam, as in the posts?
3. Do you spam often?
4. What do you think should happen to spammers?
5. What are your opinions on spam?
Randomness: Do you get on ummmm often? And if you know, how do you get there?

1. I don't really know; I've never tried it. Should I try it?
2. No. It's annoying and it gets in the way of what you're really trying to see.
3. I don't think I do, since all of my posts are relevant to the topic I'm posting in. However, I have been accused of spamming before.
4. I think they should get a warning first, then punishment if they continue to violate the rules.
5. Basically, I think someone has to understand that he/she is spamming before they can reform their behavior. Therefore, I believe that spammers should get an initial warning. If they fail to reform their behavior on their own, then the moderators should step in to control the situation. Bjarni was an example of the mods letting things slide too much because of their sympathy.
Randomness: No, I don't go there at all. Why do you think I asked how to get there? No one will tell me... *sobs*

Sir Chris
20th September 2003, 04:40 AM
1. Nasty
2. excuse me, I check out the inner mod checks in

SPAM is just really lame, I mean honestly, what is the fricken point to it? Mostyl it is pointless and sometimes it is there just to piss people off. As a mod, I tried my damnest to cut down on spam as much as possible, I don't remember having a big spam problem in g/s/c after awhile, it always did piss me off when people were intentionally spiteful to other users for their own kicks, really.
3. Hardly ever really, may once or twicde now adays, and that is when I am flaming people about...spamming
4. If thiey persist, they should be banned.. and STAY banned.
5. It sucks

I am in ummmm at this moment, I am TheCrownedKnight, ;/.

~ Chris

Pidgeot
20th September 2003, 06:07 AM
I havent tried it to be honest, but apparently old people eat it on toast O_o; Ive looked and laughed at it in the Supermarket, but other than that, my Spam relationships are nothing recently.

Not really, its difficult on the mods which have to delete it =(

3. Do you spam often?
I dont think so...? Do I?

Depends ont he severity. if they did it on purpose, IP ban them (XD) if it was an accident, a warning, and the next time a IP ban.

See above...

I dont know how to get there =( Ages ago, people invited me, I accepted, and it was great fun :D But now I hardly ever go on AIM, and nobody invites me... ;___;

Barunson's Spirit
20th September 2003, 07:10 AM
1. Yes, only when it is thuroughly cooked. If it isn't cooked it tastes like dead animals.

2. Yeah, it is entertaining

3. I think we all know the answer.

4. 1-warning 2-warning 3-screen name ban 4-IP ban. Sadly, the corrupt admin never gave a warning to me.

5. It should be handled in a polite matter.

6. Concave surface!? All 1 tsugas you put, or the sausage appears roundly!

Cheesey
20th September 2003, 01:30 PM
No, not really o.o; I have only tried it about once, but I didn't like it very much X_x A lot of meats are better IMO.

No ._.; Why would anybody like that?

3. Do you spam often?
In my opinion, no I don't. I post decent posts, and I don't give a damn about postcount, so yeah =o

Depends how bad they are. If they're really stupid and bad or whatever, I think they should be banned on the spot. No kindness =P

It's stupid. Why do people do it? It annoys everyone, and they can't post normally -.-'

I go to ummmm a lot. I sent you a PM on how to get there :>

Espeon12
20th September 2003, 01:55 PM
Never had it, and I don't plan to. It resembles processed rubber a little too much for my tastes.

I'll admit that I've laughed at some of it, but really, it's a waste of space. People should know enough to stay on topic and not post meaningless things, and it just makes you look like an idiot. You're not going to get much respect by being annoying.

3. Do you spam often?
No, and I haven't in years. I rarely post all that much anymore, so I have something decent to say when I do.

Warning, temporary ban, IP ban. Depending on what they've been spamming with, of course. People make mistakes, but they don't deserve much after second chances.

As the acronym implies, spam is pointless. It doesn't add anything to the conversation and is pretty annoying, especially if it's repeated.

No ;-; Not many people for TPM talk to me online, so I've never been invited to it.

Little_Pikachu
20th September 2003, 05:18 PM

Eww, no. I had it when I went to Brownie camp when i was like 8, it's disgusting.

No. It makes me do work...

3. Do you spam often?

What? Of course not. How dare you accuse me >:o

They should be shot... In the town square... Twice!

Spam makes me do work, like Cold Play and Justin Timberlake. As a result of this I dislike them all in a similar manner.

Yes, and if you contact me on AIM (see profile) I'd be happy to guide you there anytime ;)

Crystal Mew
20th September 2003, 05:37 PM
1. Ew.... x_X spam is a sorry excuse for meat :yes:

2. No ;/

3. I don't think I have ever spammed in my entire life...but if I have, it was only once or twice ;[

4. warning, then ban if they keep doing it :}

5. Well, I'm a mod at different boards...and it makes me have a job >_>; people shouldn't spam :no:

6. I'm in ummmm right now :') and I think I've gone since the begining... not sure about that...but I go in there everytime I'm online :D

Silver Ledian
20th September 2003, 05:57 PM
3. Do you spam often?

-----

1) Never tasted it but I probably wouldn't.

2) Not normally...but if I see someone, who never spams, make a spammy post or two that are really funny then I find that amusing because it's unlike them to do that. ^^

3) No.

4) If a person makes a SPAM by accident then they should just be made aware of it but when there are members that have been here for ages and constantly SPAM for their own enjoyment kind of annoys me, as they get out of hand. I say they should get 2 warnings and then the third time it's some sort of ban. :yes:

5) I don't like constant SPAM but a bit of banter every now and again is fun...just not every minute of the day, like some members. I prefer not to SPAM but if there's a funny comment to be made, I'll try and make one =)

RANDOMNESS: Login to AIM, Then click on the 'Chat' button so you can send an invitation to yourself, type your own AIM name in the box and where it asks you to write the name of the chat, type 'Ummmm'. Then when you click 'send' it will take you there :)

I'm in Ummmm and have been ever since it was setup for TPM a year ago (not on it 24/7 of course, hehe). My name is in my sig here. ^^

Razola
20th September 2003, 07:42 PM

There's always a meat superior to spam. It's almost as bad as liver.

Rarely.

3. Do you spam often?

I would say rarely, but then I'm not sure. I would like to say I don't do it often!

If you mean a spam post or two, then the person should get a warning and ban from the forums they are spamming in.

If by spammer you mean someone who does it frequently, Delete & Ban. Long live tyranny.

Spam can be funny if it's not intended. Like a thread gets hijacked or is fairly funny (see the Kojiro thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22337)) for example. But spam done on purpose is retarded. It's not funny and I have no idea why some people think it's vital for a message board. It creates chaos and makes it hard for people to have civil discussions. It kills a board, it does not help it. Thus spam should be kept under control.

shatteredcrystalice
20th September 2003, 10:05 PM
1. Never tried it
2. a little. Sometimes it's funny.
3. no
4. ban them!
5. It's funny, annoying, and wired

Katie
20th September 2003, 11:33 PM
never tried it, don't want to. looks like meat jello.

depends. the true spam, by newbies who don't know better and are truely idiots... no I don't like it. but if it's intentional "I want to act like an *** today", then yes I think it's funny. like the dancing fruit gang, too bad I seem to be the only person amused by them :no:

3. Do you spam often?
occasionally. I like to keep my spam posts have a little bit of meaning though.

ban the newbies, let the funny ones be.

see #2

all day almost every day for the past year and 2-3 months oO to get there add yourself to your buddylist, send a chat invitation to "ummmm". and be sure to say you're from tpm, so we don't scream RANDOM!!!! at you and scare you away :P

~Katie

Jay
21st September 2003, 12:00 AM
1/. I've never tried it - basically, to sum it up, anything I haven't tried I'd most likely hate. So I hate spam.

2/. PCG is spam central, according to Eamon, so I guess I'm used to it. I don't mind it, but I wish people didn't post low quality.

3/. I don't try to.

4/. Spammers should deserve a beating by me.

5/. Spam will exist for a long while - whether people mean it or not. People should really know what spam means though (stupid, pointless, annoying messages). They usually mix it up with a low quality post with relative information and a gigantic off-topic post.

Random/. I go to ummmmm often, but usually it won't let me in to the room and then my AIM screws up. It hasn't been happening lately, yay.

Pichu
22nd September 2003, 03:19 PM
1. Ok... I don't like it microwave though... I like it fry~
2. No
3. No.
4. Block their IP addresses.
5. ...?
Randomness: via AIM.

GreenShirT
22nd September 2003, 03:45 PM

No way, I have had it once and it sucks!

Sometimes they can be funny but most people that spam aren't smart enough to make it funny.

3. Do you spam often?

Nah ah, never :D

Fed to Brillo

Spam is usually just annoying and it means I get annoyed by how people can be so stupid.

Yeah I go in all the time, get me on AIM and I will get you in, my AIM is in my Sig ;)

DarkTemplarZ
22nd September 2003, 07:25 PM
1) Demented chemical pork? Eh, never tried it and never will

2) Spam is funny usually, unless it's overdone, then it's just stupid.

3) sometimes for the fun of it. Usually no tho.

4) They should invent something that's better than an IP ban, because IP bans are so easy to get around. I was IP banned for about 8 months and I still kept posting. Anybody who's half-decent with computers can dodge one.

5) No opinion other than it tastes really bad ^_^

Random: What's ummmmm? Is it that stupid TPM chat?

Sach I. Weirdo
22nd September 2003, 09:53 PM
[list=1]
cooked
No
NO
A warning first time then suspeneded from forums
YUCKY
[/list=1]

To get on ummmm tehn invite yourself to a chat called ummmm

Sacherry B)