PDA

View Full Version : Are there 'Dual-type' Pokemon?

Entropy
20th September 2003, 05:46 PM
Are there any in the Ruby/Sapphire games that have qualities of two or more types?

ralts_mudkip
20th September 2003, 06:08 PM
I don't quite understand what you mean. But if what you are asking is what I think it is, then Yes there are dual-type pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire.

I hope I helped.

Sir Chris
20th September 2003, 06:42 PM
well, Swampert is water/ground so yes.

However. that is the limit. no more than 2 types

~ Chris

MatthewKetchum037
20th September 2003, 11:26 PM
Let's see, Blaziken (fire,fighting), Lucidolo (grass,water), Shiftry (grass,dark),Metagross (steel,psychic)... I can think of those on the top of my head, but I really don't understand the question.

Entropy
21st September 2003, 08:20 AM
Actually, you all answered my question. Thanks!

To clear your minds, I did mean if there were pokemon that had two qualities (like Fire/Fighting).

Misty
21st September 2003, 09:47 AM
wtf kind of question is that. yeah, after two generations where a high percentage of pokemon are dual-types, they deicded to get rid of the whole dual-type thing. :O

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 02:33 PM
Every pokemon game created has dual-type pokemon. Why wouldn't they in R/S?

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 03:34 PM
Calm down Misty. Mabye Entropy is new to pokemon, or mabye didn't really look into types and their weaknesses or resistances. Everyone gets confused once in a while.

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 04:12 PM
Yes, but this border lines pokemon common sense.

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 04:28 PM
MattewKetchum, the first time you picked up R/B/Y, be honest, you really didn't know that some pokemon had two types. You would have never guessed that *thinks of good example* Gyarados was Water/FLYING or Slowpoke was Water/PSYCHIC. Starmie? You can't tell by looking that it's a Psychic. When you get to G/S/C, there are many more akward combinations. Sneasel is Dark/Ice. Ice? WTF? Gligar is Flying/Ground. Who would guess that? My point is, if this kid picks up his R/S version and starts playing, he has no clue wether that Nincada he (or she) just fought has 2 types.

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 04:40 PM
Actually I did, because I bought the strategy guide with my first version, red. I t came with a complete pokedex. R/B/Y came out years ago, so I would assume that people at least know about dual-types. Not which pokemon they are, but know they exist. I'm sorry that he didn't, so I apologize.

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 04:45 PM
No hard feelings... I bought the strategy guide early too lol. What's your favorite dual type? I like the Water/Ground of Quagsire (I hate Swampert).

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 04:47 PM
Quagsires and Swamperts...rrrr. They are sworn enemies of Vulpix. I hate them, or when they defeat any of my fire type pokemon.

Girafarig's are a favorite of mine because they can take on ghost types without much fear.

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 04:52 PM
That's right they are half normal! I also like the Rock/Grass of Cradily. It's weaknesses are not the most common types around pokemon.

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 04:55 PM
Steven's Cradily is really annoying. It can resist fire and water. That's just wrong.

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 04:58 PM
Exactly... whats even more annoying is that Weezings have levitate. I always used to knock out Weezings with a good EQ. Now when I rate teams, I have to factor in levitate to keep from looking a fool... it's annoying.

soggy_cardboard
22nd September 2003, 05:00 PM
dont forget Sableye = psychic/dark = no weakenesses 8)

but he statisically challenged

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 05:01 PM
A Girafarig can handle them no problem with a psychic attack. Did I mention that they can learn Thunder and Earthquake? They would be a powerhouse if it wasn't for weak stats.

I mean Weezings are no problem.

A strong Earthquake can handle Sableye, but they are agoo type matchup, but weak statistically like Girafarig.

Caz129
22nd September 2003, 05:04 PM
Speaking of no weaknesses, ultimate 2vs2 combo.

Shedinja, Dusclops
skill swap Duslcops with Shedinja, Shedinja protect
switch Shedinja for Sableye
skill swap, pokemon unable to be hit with attacks

TADA!!!!!

MatthewKetchum037
22nd September 2003, 05:07 PM
Great, now just adjust your team to fit them.

The Muffin Man
22nd September 2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by soggy_cardboard
dont forget Sableye = psychic/dark = no weakenesses 8)

but he statisically challenged

GHOST/Dark...

and as for the 2v2 "ultimate combo"...there's not much of a chance you'll be allowed to get both out and set up. Besides, what are the chances they won't have one of the types out when Shedinja first appears? And even then you're then left open to any attacks on Dusclops. Sableyes not strong. He's not gonna take much down before Whirlwind comes in and screws you up.

All 3 of the pokemon you listed are not good together anyway. Ultimate? Hardly.

Iveechan
22nd September 2003, 06:09 PM
I think it's neat how Gengar has levitate now, Earthquake used to be his biggest proglem, now it's gone :D. Psychic, Dark, and Ghost are still strong to it, and the EV split makes Gengar even weaker in defenses.

Oh yes, Cradily doesn't resist Fire and Water, those moves are normal to it. Or is that what you meant? Sometimes I misread people ^_^;

I also love Ludicolo's types, they're perfect! To me. I just wish it learned Magic Leaf by level/egg. Its only weaknesses are flying, poison, and bug, the latter two not seen two often on teams. You don't see a terrible amount of flying moves either, but Ludicolo has kinda icky Defense.

Poryhedron
22nd September 2003, 06:32 PM
I'm a bit of a fanatic about the types with only one defensive weakness. My...I think it was second...Gold Version team was built of that sort of pokémon.

WTR/GND: Quagsire, and now Swampert. It's only weak against Grass...though that one weakness is a pretty serious one.
BUG/STL: Scizor. I don't like Forretress' self-sacrificial strategy. Only weak against Fire, though again it's a heck of a weakness.
NRM: Surprise! The most basic type of all is in this group. It's only weak against Fighting, and that one isn't a double weakness.
ELC: Another single-type. Only weak against Ground.
WTR/DRG: Kingdra...Now this just might be the ultimate in defensive weakness reduction. It's only weak against Dragon...and since it's Dragon-type itself, using a pokémon that gets Dragon STAB against it is not a great idea!

There is one other type with only one weakness. Unfortunately, no pokémon of that type exists. If they existed, NRM/GHO pokémon would only be weak against Dark. And, of course, there is the defensive weakness-less DRK/GHO, but the only pokémon of that type thus far is weak statwise, and so it shall probably remain for the sake of balance.

Profesor_Rod
22nd September 2003, 09:33 PM
I like the 2vs2 combo. But it will only work once against a given foe. Personaly I'll try it with a friend to see it's face.:D