3x Computer Search
3x Bill
2x Switch
2x Gust of Wind
1x Town Voulenteers
1x Fisherman/Seer

Energy [18]:
18x Water Energy

My friend and I made several modifications to this deck last night. We tried it with Kyogre ex instead of Wailord ex, 4 Blastoise instead of 3, Pluspowers, more energies, and Gold Berries instead of the Flow/Center combo. This is what I believe that I am settling with. You all might not think Bill is necessary, but my friend said there wasn't enough drawing power without them, and I agree. It really wasn't working out well with those modifications but it does much better now. It is very rarely that I get Blastoise out on turn 2, however. If you feel it would be better without Wailord ex, then please give me a good configuration for the best Rain Dance deck you can think of. Please help with this deck and explain the reasoning beyond why you think certain cards should be added or removed.

OK, now for the team battle part of the topic. My friend and I are going to an unlimited team battle tournament in a few months and we are planning our decks. Here are some of our ideas so far:

Deck 1: Blastoise and Wailord ex
Deck 2: Blastoise and Wailord ex

Deck 2: Blastoise and Articuno (the 80 HP promo one)

Deck 2: Gardevior, Gardevior ex, and Dusclops

strategy for the above deck: Use Rain Dance and Psy Shadow to attach lots of energy, then use Psyimpact for massive damage.

Deck 1: Dustox and Beautifly
Deck 2: ???

strategy for the above deck: use Toxic... 20 between every turn...

Yes... we are thinking a lot about Blastoise and Wailord ex, but we really see one big problem: Rocket's Zapdos. If he goes first and one of us has Squirtle as our only basic, then that person is out of the game. That is why we were thinking about using Chansey to stall until we can get Wailord ex out to Dwindling Wave and kill Rocket's Zapdos. If we do use Chansey, we might not use Wailord ex and just play Pluspowers for OHKOs to Rocket's Zapdos (and Electabuzz).

We did an E-on team battle today with my Typhlosion ex deck and his Blaziken/Camerupt, but we were unlucky enough to battle people who use a combo of Meganium (Wild Growth) in one deck, combined with Gardevior ex in the other... they murdered us. That is one card that is almost broken in team battle... Gardevior ex... it counts your energies, your partner's energies, and both of your opponent's energies. That is why we are thinking about Blastoise and Gardevoir ex in the tournament..

Do any of you have any ideas of what decks I mentioned that would be good for team battle? Can anyone think of any other powerful deck combos in team battle? Help with this and the Rain Dance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Razola
20th September 2003, 09:26 PM
Oooh...classic decks.

Do you really need Bill? 4 Oaks sufficed in my old Rain Dance deck.

Drop the Bills for a Oak and a Computer Search.

And you may want to squeeze another 'Oise in there...

Roarkiller
21st September 2003, 07:16 AM
Nice avatar Raz. Hope the zombie doesnt find u, he still has yet to return my brain... or whats left of it.

Gardevoir does that much damage to ALL pkmn in play. Um, ALL pkmn in play? Like, including everyone's bench? Kinda suicidal, isnt it? But then theres transparent wall... but ur still killing ur friend.

Hmm, looks like aggron could give t-tar a run for its money.

Anyway, i think its nuts for both of u to play the same type of deck. Ur supposed to support each other, not to play as individuals, cuz i doubt 2 raindance can have much teamwork. And as the above statement sez, too much energy and ur gonna kill urselves as well. Unless the spoiler at pokeschool is wrong.

But note this: u GOTTA have itemfinders. Frankly, i suggest u use a standard raindance. U can still fit in wailord, and i bet gold berry will suffice.

And u need another town volunteer. Unlimited means removals r in play, and thats hell even for raindance.

Misdreavus
21st September 2003, 01:45 PM
Gardevoir does not damage every Pokémon in play... only to one of the defending Pokémon. And also, I am thinking about Gold Berries instead of the Flow/Center combo, but I really like the idea of that combo for Wailord ex so his Dwindling Wave will do the most. Any other thoughts?

Roarkiller
22nd September 2003, 04:02 AM
Gardevoir EX 150HP (P)
Stage 2 Evolves from Kirlia

(PCCC) Psystorm 10X
Does 10 damage times the total amount of energy attached
to all pokemon in play.

Retreat - CC
Weakness - GP
Resistance -

-----

I take it u were referring to the 1st attack. Im referring to the 2nd. I got it frm pokeschool btw, is it wrong?

Misdreavus
22nd September 2003, 07:30 PM
The part that says "to all Pokemon in play" refers to the amount of energy attached to all Pokemon in play. You must have just mis-read it; it makes no sense otherwise...

Roarkiller
23rd September 2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Misdreavus
The part that says "to all Pokemon in play" refers to the amount of energy attached to all Pokemon in play. You must have just mis-read it; it makes no sense otherwise...

Aaah... okay, i get it now. Then the only prob is Ralts and squirtle being VERY wek basics. If ur using gardevoir, look for another combo containing a decent basic. Othrwise, wailord raindance works better.