PDA

View Full Version : The Medea is screwed!

Real One Barunson
28th December 2002, 06:20 PM
Ok on the U.C. Gundam series there is a cargo plane called a Medea. On MSG and 08th MS team it looks like some plaything. On 0080 and 0083 they look like beefed up C-5s! And don't get me wrong on the C-5 Medea because I have been living in Altus AFB for 3 years and even if I get Amnesia I can still remember what one looks like! THE MEDEA IS COMPLETELY F***ED UP!!! AHHH

If you dont know what a Medea or a C-5 looks like type it in on a search engine. Both types of the Medea are only in the series and the C-5 is in real life.

RedStarWarrior
28th December 2002, 06:30 PM
The only picture of the Medea I found was this one: http://gundam.anime.net/images/news/ustoys_medea.jpg
Maybe next time you could provide links because I don't have time to spend 5 minutes looking for pictures. It doesn't look like a C-5 to me. I don't understand the point of your post. Is it to say that there are two versions of the Medea or is it to just compare it to the C-5? Please clarify.

Rei_Zero
28th December 2002, 06:31 PM
It has to do with the animations. In 1979 the animations were much worse than say 5 years later. Notice how in Stardust Memory, the gundams seemed way more advanced than something from Char's Counterattack. All the mobile suits in 8th ms team look like they were made much later than UC 0079. This is because in 5 years animations can improve a lot. you work on it longer, you get practice, you get better, you get something that makes your past work look like sh*t. I know, I have experienced this before.

Real One Barunson
29th December 2002, 01:31 PM
No there are 2 versions of the medea, the one from the original series and 08thMS Team, and the other one on 0080 and 0083.

The first one looks like this, http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/index.htm
The one from 0080 and 0083 looks like this, http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0080/c-88.htm
And a real life C-5 is this, http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/transport-m/index.shtml

I say the one from 0080 and 0083 are just beefed up C-5s ~_~ but what is the answer to this mess?

Classic Blow Me Up GM
29th December 2002, 04:16 PM
Here's the answer(I believe)

- Mobile Suit Gundam, the first one, appeared in Japan in 1979, animation wasn't to great and the designs of just about everything on the anime is awkward. Anyway, I think your missing the point of the show if your so worried about the looks of a Medea.
- 0080, 08th MS Team, 0083 were made in the early 1990's. Animation improved then.
- The C-88 Medea and the 'Classic' Medea are two different designs that seem to serve the same propose, transporting MS, supplies, ect, ect. 0083 and 0080 introduced a new Medea, perhaps this was an upgraded version to carry more supplies since the frontline soldiers now had MS. This is likely due to the fact that the Federation has introduced it's MS for the first time, meaning they need bigger planes to hold more MS and general supplies. The new design must have been a success and the Federal Forces adopted to it's mainstay transport plane(as seen in 0083).

Lastly about the C-5... Animators need something to borrow a design from. It's called "inspiration". They look at current plane designs, make various changes to it and then introduce it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen 0083 in a while and I must have missed the C-88 Medea on 0080, I'm only working with the data provided here.

Edit: Stupid me. No Medea ever carried MS(to my knowledge). I was thinking about the Gunperry, which can carry only MS.

Real One Barunson
31st December 2002, 07:08 PM
Ok here are the apperances

MSG- Seen in most of the first 20 episodes
08th MS team-Don't know

0080-First episode It is clearly seen when the North Pole Base is under attack.

0083-Third episode three Medeas seen delivering new pilots and their mobile suits to Torrington Base

EDIT: A Medea kai (the newer one) is seen in G Gundam transporting a Gundam. There are also hidden U.C. Gundams in the scenes when they all fight the Dark Gundam in the last episode. I am too lazy to search for the site but you can look it up on a search engine ok