PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] (first post) Rate my new team

Cactus
20th September 2003, 10:58 PM
i swapped my copy of pokemon silver for a copy of "havest moon 2" about 2 years ago. And i've been dying to play it agian recently, and i've managed to get myself another copy (yay) :)

anyway, so i'm being made to start again, so i thought this time i would plan out what my final 6 should be, and get a close guess on what moves they should use :)

right, i'll get started :)

----------------
Growlithe
Flamethrower
Flame Wheel
Fire Blast
????
----------------
i cant figure out what i should use as its last move, something other then a fire type move would be a good plan, as every other move is a fire type, a flaw which would prove fatal in a hard match.
----------------
Muk[/]
Toxic
Acid Armour
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
----------------
my favorite pokemon, and very good defensivly. i used this moveset on red, blue and yellow with good results. using toxic first to draisn the opponent gradualy, then using Acid Armour untill i get close to loosing. then i use Giga Drain so the opponent looses Hp twice per go. then when i'm healthy again, i use sludge bomb to finish it off. then when the opponents next pokemon is sent out, i have very high defense and can quickly finish off most opponents.
----------------
[U]Pikachu
Slam
Surf
Thunderbolt
THunder
----------------
Yes, i know every single lame team has one, but i find the quickness a great asset. the only probly is it misses damn nearly every time i use Thunder.
----------------
Krabby
Surf/Ice Beam
Blizzard
Crabhammer
Guillotine
----------------
I cant decide wether to use ice beam or surf, apart from that it should be a decent quick-kill strategy using guillotine. all accuracy boosting items would be used on this.
----------------
Bulbasaur
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Razor Leaf
Solarbeam
----------------
Now this is a good attackk based grass pokemon. however i would like to use toxic to accompany leech seed. so i could put them to sleep, use toxic and leech seed to sap large HP opponents. that would mean dropping Razor Leaf or Solarbeam.
----------------
butterfree
Giga Drain
Sleep Powder
Psychic
Hyperbeam
----------------
Starting to look like Ash's pokemon list i know.. but anyway.
this would be my wildcard pokemon, with psychic and hyperbeam to kill off the type that the other pokemon cannot.
--------------------------------

Right, thats the team, any ideas on to change certain moves are welcome. also, there is the lack of a flying type. maybe swapping growlith for a Charizard would be a good move?

ANY help is welcome, thanks :)

Y2Jesus
20th September 2003, 11:52 PM
useless post

Cactus
20th September 2003, 11:56 PM
well umm... thanks for that... but dont you have anything, usefull to say? :rolleyes:

Y2Jesus
21st September 2003, 12:09 AM
your team is pathetic and i strongly suggest committing suicune

Sir Chris
21st September 2003, 12:12 AM
Don't listen to Y2Jesus, he is an idiot, I am Chris, welcome to the forums.

I will rate your team shortly.

~ Chris

Y2Jesus
21st September 2003, 12:14 AM
don't listen to chris, fat clogs his brain

Sir Chris
21st September 2003, 12:47 AM
Hello and welcome to TPM :). I am Chris, if ya need any help feel free to talk with me :wave:

Well, your team needs a lot... a lot... a lot of work, but hey, nothing I can't handle.

Growlithe- Well, I don't know where to start, so I shall suggest evolving it as soon as possible(for better stats) to an Arcanine. As well, it is a rule of thumb that you should only have 1 offensive type attack per a pokemon. Now, flamethrower has the same accuracy as flame wheel, with more power. Thus, flamethrower right away is an automatic choice over flame wheel. So ditch flamewheel, for lets say, sunny day. A move that increases fire attacks, which shall prove helpful for Arcanine.

Now, let me introduce you to an age old debate, Fire Blast versus Flamethrower. one has less power and better accuracy, and one has more power and less accuracy(as well as less pp) I would suggest that you use fire blast, because sheer power on arcy is not a bad idea. So, so far the set for him is.

Arcanine
Fire Blast
Sunny Day

So, we need two more moves. Usually I would say Go with body slam and substitute but seeing as both are r/b/y TMs that isn't going to work here, so I have to be creative.

Creative I shall be.

*Opens vault*

Now, I must warn you, this set is not for every arcanine, but seeing as you don't have the carts and such available, I shall give you two moves that shall serve you well for the time being.

Crunch- Special Falls can really help arcy against some pokemon. along with sunny day and fire blast, a special fall to a pokemon can be muder basically.

Extreme Speed: Leanrs this at level 50 when it is an arcanine. Not the most useful move but its great for finishing pokemon off. I am pretty sure it can be useful when facing something like kazam thats low on health or something of the sort.

So, your set is.

Arcanine
Fire Blast
Sunny Day
Crunch
Extreme Speed

there ya go, 1 down, 5 to go.

Muk- One of my favorites as well. Sludge bomb is good, keep that. Now, let me tell ya how it is.I am not a big fan of toxic, I think it isn't very useful, but fear not, I am gonna give ya something to replace it with. Hope this works out for ya.

Instead of Toxic.. why not... Curse? It raises your attack and defense when you use it, it lowers your speed, but thats ok for Muk, becausee its speed isn't that good anyway. With this, you can improve its defense and its attack at the same time, making sludge bomb even more deadly. Well, with this around, you don't have much use for acid armour now do you? So, I would suggest using fire blast over this. Now, it may not have the best... specil attack in the world, nor does it have STAB, however, it can prove useful against the likes of skarmory, steelix, forretress, and scizor.., who all have damn good defense, and are immune to poison attacks.

Now, giga drain in my opinion doesn't have enough power to be used, unlike fire blast. it only has 60 basepower while fire blast has 120. Now, I am going to suggest Dynamic Punch in the last spot. It only has 50% accuracy, however, when it hits it kicks the crap out of most rock types, which sludge bomb and fire blast do not cover, see where I am going? It isn't to be used like sludge bomb, only for things like rock types, along with sludge bomb, it gains power from curse.
So your new muk set would be

Muk
Curse
Dynamic Punch
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb

Pikachu- ah, an easy one to fix up! Well, if you want to use thunder thats just fine, but first you need to rid yourself of thunderbolt, for rain dance. Rain Dance will make this pikachu a hell of a lot better. What it will do will raise surf's power by 1/2, making is much more of a threat than usual. As well, it makes Thunder's accuracy 100%, which will help you fix the problem you have currently.

Now, for the last move, I will suggest thunder wave, , if I remember right, it learns it naturally... This will help to slow down opponents and make pikachu a force to be reckoned with, if of course, it has light ball as an attached item, which doubles its special attack. If you don't have this, get it when you get your game.

So your pikachu's new set is.

Pikachu@ light ball
Thunder
surf
rain dance
thunder wave

Ok, I will stop here for now, I will rate the 2cond half of your team after you get back to me, please feel free to ask any and all questions.

~ Chris

Zak
21st September 2003, 12:54 AM
Y2Jesus, I may be a temp mod but you are warned and I suggest you go commit Hariyama. :P

~Zak

Y2Jesus
21st September 2003, 12:58 AM
go commit hara kiri yourself :D

Cactus
21st September 2003, 09:31 AM
thanks very much for your help chris, i guess i didnt think of saying, but i actually do have acces to the Red, Blue, Yellow and silver games. :rolleyes:

those movesets sound great, especially the pikachu and muk (although i will miss toxic) i didnt realise curse was so powerfull (i forgot nearly everything i knew about silver and the new moves and new pokemon, hence why i'm asking for help )

Y2Jesus: thanks again for your most wonderous input ;)

Sir Chris
21st September 2003, 08:17 PM
Oh ok. well, let me finish up with your team.

Krabby- first things first, evolve to Kingler. second. Trade back to r/b/y and give it Swords Dance over... blizzard, its special attack can not handle unSTABED moves. That being said, put surf suf over ice beam.

Ok, so since you have surf there isn't a need for crabhammer, since it isn't is good in g/s/c as in rby. I would teach it the tm Return over that, a good generic physical attack that will benefit greatly from swords dance and its already great attack. Teach it rest over the ohko move, I dislike ohkos for their cheapness for the most part. Teach it rest so it can last longer. And find a mint berry and attach it, so when you rest it auto wakes up, whee.

So, Kingler's set is.

Kingler@mint berry
surf
swords dance
return
rest

and there you go.

I am tired, so i shall rate the other two later. feedback for this set plz.

jet1213
21st September 2003, 08:20 PM
wow that whole 'commit suicune' bit came over to tpm already

cd
22nd September 2003, 12:00 AM
hey jet hows [ohio] :wave:

Y2Jesus
22nd September 2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by jet1213
wow that whole 'commit suicune' bit came over to tpm already

yeah i hadn't read uber in ages and i was pleasantly surprised with this new catchphrase

Cactus
22nd September 2003, 11:14 AM
thanks, that crabby setup sounds great :) i cant wait to try it once i find a crabby, still very early in the game for me right now. dont have the time to play it thought the week :(

still, wont be long beofre i'm used to the game again. thanks very much for your support chris :)

HedgeCat
25th September 2003, 11:38 AM
I'll try to get a moveset for your Bulbasaur-

Bulbasaur
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Razor Leaf
Solarbeam

Needs a lot of work. You only need 1 grass attacing moves. Evovle it into a Venusaur ASAP, unless you are learning moves for it early.

Let's see...I think you should drop Leach Seed. It can be replaced with Toxic. The poisoning could be useful for Venusaur.

Sleep Powder, IMO, you should drop. You could put a sleep talker to sleep. Replace it with Roar.

Razor Leaf. Hmm. You could keep it, unless you wanted Solar Beam to take advantage of Arcy's Sunny Day. That move is entirly your choice.

Add in Synthesis, a healing move that also works with Sunny Day.

Venusaur/Bulbasaur
Toxic
Roar
Razor Leaf/Solar Beam (Leaning toward Razor Leaf)
Synthesis

Send it in after Arcy.

Number1ChanseyFan
25th September 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by HedgeCat
Venusaur
Toxic
Roar
Razor Leaf/Solar Beam (Leaning toward Razor Leaf)
Synthesis

You dont really want Toxic and Roar in the same moveset, because they both end up accomplishing the same thing. Roar forces the enemy to switch out, and Toxic will cause the enemy to switch out, because they aren't gonna want to sit around and let Toxic's damage accumulate. After switching out, Toxic just become regular poison, and the damage doesn't increase after every turn. Unless you have some sort of trapping move, then Toxic is not very useful for offensive purposes, it will basically only be a move to make the enemy switch Pokémon. In addition, poison will get in the way of inflicting better status changes, like freeze, sleep, and paralysis. Also, stick with Razor Leaf over Solarbeam. Solarbeam isn't worth waiting for the 2 turn charge, and although Sunny Day allows Solarbeam to be used without charging, it is very dangerous to have a Grass type out with Sunny Day in effect, because Sunny Day strengthens Fire type attacks, and Grass types are already weak to Fire. For Venusaur, a good moveset would be...

Venusaur

Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Synthesis
@Leftovers.

Cactus
25th September 2003, 11:15 PM
not that i'm complaining, but it just struck me, the movesets on here are for bettling against real life trainers. but the only people i'll ever get to battle against are the AI, so i'm afraid ive kinda wasted everyones time :(

bugger....

Kaze Bakemono
26th September 2003, 05:45 PM
I feel your pain Catus. The only person I ever get to battle with is my sister, and that was when she still had her old Pokemon file (it got erased). But my strategy has always been to simply over power my oponents, it always works. Be it against my sister whos pokemon were at the same level as mines, or against someone in Battle Tower or Stadium.