PDA

View Full Version : Special Nintendo Power Bonus

RJdude
23rd September 2003, 02:46 PM
Not sure if this goes here or video games, but it has to do with Ru/Sa, so I'll put it here.

Anyway, just in case you don't know, the lastest issue of Nintendo Power includes an Eon Ticket... if you haven't gotten one yet, you might want to pick up this issue if you want one.

dark_magician
23rd September 2003, 02:51 PM
WHAT?! I can't believe it! I have to get that magazine! Do you have to have a subscription or can you find Nintendo Power at news stands?

RJdude
23rd September 2003, 02:59 PM
You can find it at news stands. try blockbuster, they usually have a couple copies. It's the one with Star Wars: Rebel Strike on it.

Caz129
23rd September 2003, 04:59 PM
One word...
SWEET!!!!

Cedrico Ikari
23rd September 2003, 04:59 PM
Dammit!! I live in Brazil, South America is too far away and I have no way of getting my hands on Nintendo Power. Our Nin tendo magazine here is called Nintendo World and will not give away any Eon Ticket, so...

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY FOR ME TO GETTING ONE OF THESE TICKETS??

I mean, how does that work? I don't even know...

Moonlight Espeon
23rd September 2003, 06:21 PM
Oh my gosh.... I can't believe you can get the tickets just like that, and I was whining the whole time about not being able to get the Eon Ticket. One question... what month issue was it?

Silent Dragonfly
23rd September 2003, 06:22 PM
Nice! Do they sell that in England? I'm definatley going to the newsagents tomorrow to find out.

Andrew
23rd September 2003, 06:40 PM
Yet again, those who don't live in America are screwed over.

Besides, that Eon Ticket, it'd be useless if your place of the world doesn't have an E-Reader yet. Like Australia. Or places in Europe.

:|

Moonlight Espeon
23rd September 2003, 06:41 PM
Oh shoot... I forgot that you need an E-Reader. o_x;; About how much do those things cost? It's probably worth it anyways :\

Andrew
23rd September 2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Aquatic Fury
Oh shoot... I forgot that you need an E-Reader. o_x;; About how much do those things cost? It's probably worth it anyways :\

And lets not forget another GBA, and link cable to go with it.

Come on Nintendo, we LOVE being milked of every red razoo we have.

RJdude
23rd September 2003, 07:01 PM
It's this month's issue (I haven't gotten it yet, it should be here tommorow) and it sould be in news stands in about a week... remember it has Star Wars on the cover.

and it's only here in the U.S. and I think Canada... sorry guys.

sapphire_legend
23rd September 2003, 07:44 PM
That's pretty kewl, I already got one from the American Tour. That sux that it's only in N. America, huh...

Shuppet Master
23rd September 2003, 08:42 PM
So,it's not out until tomorrow and I can find it at Blockbusters? That's nice,but I wish somebody had told me earlier,because I dragged my mom to Wal-Mart and HEB and they didn't have that issue yet. Thanks for the tip! :)

MatthewKetchum037
24th September 2003, 12:59 AM
Good thing I live in N. America

Cedrico Ikari
24th September 2003, 07:39 AM
DAMMIT
that sucks ¬¬'
I wish I could live in North America just for a while

SWAMPERT1
24th September 2003, 08:36 AM
is the big cover picture Viewtiful Joe?

MatthewKetchum037
24th September 2003, 10:16 AM
No, *Marik* he said the Star Wars cover, not Viewtiful Joe.

Silent Dragonfly
24th September 2003, 10:47 AM
Doe4s anyone have any idea when e-reader is released in Europe?

SWAMPERT1
24th September 2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
No, *Marik* he said the Star Wars cover, not Viewtiful Joe. Well what month issue is this?

Starry Might
24th September 2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
Well what month issue is this?

* "Viewtiful Joe" cover: October 2003

* "Star Wars" cover: November 2003

Anyway, I haven't actually got the November 2003 "NP" yet, but that's awesome that they're sending an Eon Ticket with it! :D

Unfortunately, I don't have "Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire", I don't have an E-Reader, and my GBA has been MIA for quite some time now... :no:

Still, I'll definitely hang on to it! ;)

EDIT: I didn't realize it 'till now, but I spelled "Viewtiful" wrong in this post... *SMACKS HERSELF*

SWAMPERT1
24th September 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Starry Might
* "Viewtful Joe" cover: October 2003

* "Star Wars" cover: November 2003

Still, I'll definitely hang on to it! ;)

Thank u. claps, im gettin a latios on my sapphire

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 12:17 AM
I have a Gba, and R/S, but now I need an e-reader. Good thing I work in a video game store. DISCOUNTS!!!!!!!

Vineon
25th September 2003, 07:10 AM
what the damn hell are Eon Tickets and what do they do ? O_o

Shuppet Master
25th September 2003, 07:31 AM
Let me answer this.

The Eon Ticket is used in the ferry in Lilycove or Sapphire. Like the ticket Norman gives you,it takes you somewhere. However,the Eon Ticket lets you take a ship to a small hidden island in the south,called "Southern Isle."

The major event here is that you'll find an egg in a hidden forest clearing. When you examine it,the OTHER Lati-X(Latios in Sapphire,Latias in Ruby) comes down and attacks you,giving you the chance to capture it. Other than that,nothing special has been found in this area.

Joshua Neal
25th September 2003, 01:15 PM
Both me and my sister got our NP magazines yesterday too and got out our EON Tickets and I caught Latios yesterday with an Ultra Ball since I used the Master Ball to catch Latias.

My suggestion o catching eather Latios in Sapphire or Latias in Ruby is that you bring a PoKeMoN that knows sleep powder to put Latios or Latias depending on the version that you have to put it to sleep or bring a PoKeMoN with the move yawn and then bring out Shedinja which finally has a perpouse to be used only if it has Sand Attack.

After that use a PoKeMoN that has false Swipe namely Sceptile if you have it as your first PoKeMoN from the very beggining or a diffrent one tht has False swipe or else you'll end up making it Faint.

Pewter City Geodude
25th September 2003, 01:38 PM
If you have the patience to get the right moveset, a Breloom would be perfect for that:

Spore
False Swipe
Giga Drain
Focus Punch/Sky Uppercut

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 01:51 PM
A Sceptile works too since it learns false swipe.

Shuppet Master
25th September 2003, 02:13 PM
AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! I can't believe you guys! You got Eon Tickets and I don't!

I looked in all my favorite stores,and they don't have the Nintendo Power Issue yet. Mom tells me that it's not out yet,but someone here says that they and THEIR SISTER GOT ISSUES!!

(Goes on a rampage and killls everyone) :mad:

Is it possible to buy it on-line?

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 04:16 PM
The October issue will be out soon. Then everyone will have their ticket.

Nikku-San
25th September 2003, 04:39 PM
Yay! I'm definately getting this issue! Even though I already used the Gameshark code to access the island, it will be nice to keep in my card collection.

Off topic, are Pokemon Battle cards out yet?

Hakkaden
25th September 2003, 04:51 PM
The UK release of the Eon Ticket will be available along with Jirachi and Deoxys in the upcoming NOM tour/tournament.

Starry Might
25th September 2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
The October issue will be out soon. Then everyone will have their ticket.
You mean the November issue (with "Star Wars: Rebel Strike").

The October 2003 issue was released quite awhile back and has "Viewtiful Joe" on the cover. ;)

MatthewKetchum037
25th September 2003, 11:37 PM
Sorry, I meant to say November.